Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Is the goon guild on Deepwood new? I don't remember it from last time I played in December, and I hope the 200 platinum I donated was put to good use in the cash-strapped beginnings of the expasion.

Please invite me in, the name is Telum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/360742-pts-update-2-3-patch-notes-round-1-a.html

The first round of patch updates for the PTS are out. Big news: they finally made Guardian players able to get the books they missed in the starting zone!

A few other ideas I found interesting:

quote:

* Porticulum masters in all zones except Meridian & Sanctum can now be used by both factions. The guards in the towns might still hate you though, watch out!

* Most Carnage quests now require fewer kills by 20-25%. If your current progress exceeds the new totals the quest will be autocompleted for you.

* New achievements can be earned by owning dimensions and by placing a certain number of dimension items.

* You can now preview the item that will be crafted from recipes!

William Bear fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 31, 2013

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Alright well I give up on trying to get an adorable baby raptr pet, but man, I'm glad to hear that the game is F2P early now. I can't wait to dust off my 42 mage. Not impressive, but he was a hell of a lot of fun.

Edit: My friend said this about the cash store.
Rfit's cash store is surprisingly cheap. It's in testing right now, and they're basically giving you free money for testing it. Buy and spend credits on test, everything gets reimbursed when the store goes live, and any credits you spent get reimbursed 50-100% on live. An extra 50-100%, rather.

Is that true?

It's true, here's the source:

http://forums.riftgame.com/public-test-shard/360871-free-play-store-test-earn-up-double-your-credits.html

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I can't seem to transfer my characters from Seastone (the old goon server) to Deepwood help guys. :saddowns:

Edit: Are the expansion class unlocks by server or something? I can't use them on a new character on Deepwood but I can use them on a new character on Seastone.

Deepwood got so full that Trion disabled transfers to it. You can either wait for them to be re enabled, beg someone in support to grant you an exception, or start a new character.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

With whom do I speak to request guild bank reorganization?

I would really like a dedicated tab for artifacts. All the time, I find artifacts I've already collected, and there isn't enough room in take take/leave tab for all of them. Could we please remove the mediocre consumables and costume gear for a collective artifact pool?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Is anyone else noticing a serious trouble with Tower of the Shattered? Yesterday was the second time I've been in a group that attempted the first boss more than five times. I've linked guides, but for ease of reading, is there a one sentence guide?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Already got that. This week it's an updated Drowned Halls.

Full schedule here:

http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/11/07/gifts-of-the-fae-6-dungeons-in-6-weeks/

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

I seem to remember that Abyssal cultists in SW Freemarch drop an artifact every other kill. Is this still true as of the most recent patch? Seems like a good place to gather.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

It's a cheap joke, but I laughed (They're looking at a hologram of Miela):

William Bear fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Servers down for maintenance and update until 3pm EST.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/patch-notes/442790-rift-3-0-hotfix-1-10-23-14-a.html

quote:

RIFT 3.0: Hotfix #1 10/23/14

NA: 10/23/14 @ 11:00 AM PDT
EU: 10/24/14 @ 1:00 AM PDT

ZONES

GOBORO REEF
* IA: The Instant Adventure bosses Beherit and Gorgo will no longer declare war on their planar brethren in Gyel Fortress.
* Increased the spawn rate of cursed balloons in the Atragarian Well.
* Increased the spawn rate of Skelfbinders in Skelfmere.

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES

NIGHTMARE COAST
* Expert gear no longer incorrectly drops from standard mode.

DIMENSIONS
* Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to move/rotate certain dimension items.

ITEMS
* Removed a proc from Abiding Thalasite Rifle, which was not intended to have one.
* Added procs to Abiding Sarfiber Quarterstaff and its upgrades.

SOULS

ROGUE

RANGER
* Increased the threat generated by Razorbeast pets.
* Wilderness Training: Fixed an issue where the weapon damage was not scaling with talent points invested.

WARRIOR

PALADIN
* A Good Defense: Fixed an issue where the +healing provided was not scaling with talent points invested.

RIFTBLADE
* Adjusted Burst finishers to be less effective when only used with 1 Attack Point.

I wish I'd known a standard dungeon dropped expert gear. That's a pretty embarrassing thing for Trion to miss.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Oct 23, 2014

• Locked thread