Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

a Loving Dog posted:

Furthermore, Well, I could point out you're comparing the peak results of the Dreamcasts established hardware versus the new hardware of the Ps2, but I was talking more in terms of gameplay. The Ps2 was when games made the true transition from an attempted emulation of the console experience to a more fully realised idea of console games as an experience meant not just to amuse, but to really sink ones teeth into. Lets compare the way the two consoles approached puzzle games. The Dreamcast gives us Chu Chu Rocket - colourful, simple, cartoony. Gaming equivalent of candy. The Ps2 gives us Ico. Artistic, hauntingly beautiful, impactful in the way no game before it could have been. Gamings ambrosia.

The guy that made Ico? Worked on D and Enemy Zero, two Sega Saturn games. The Dreamcast had Skies of Arcadia, PSO, and Shenmue, a game so "meaty" and fine tuned it steps on its own feet. And let's not forget the greatest game of the 128bit generation, Alien Front Online.

ICO is a great game, but that's like comparing the Xbox to the PS2 and using Halo vs Fantavision.

But props for picking ICO, which I think is, objectively, the better game compared to SotC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

The guy that made Ico? Worked on D and Enemy Zero, two Sega Saturn games. The Dreamcast had Skies of Arcadia, PSO, and Shenmue, a game so "meaty" and fine tuned it steps on its own feet. And let's not forget the greatest game of the 128bit generation, Alien Front Online.

ICO is a great game, but that's like comparing the Xbox to the PS2 and using Halo vs Fantavision.

But props for picking ICO, which I think is, objectively, the better game compared to SotC.

None of those games are Gaming's Ambrosia.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Ambrosia doesn't exist

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

manpurse posted:

is there any charts showing how many DLC sales have been made for mario kart???

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
o hmy god oh my god I beat champion road. And yes I used powerups...but its OVER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

None of those games are Gaming's Ambrosia.

Ambrosia is that lovely saccharine sweet "fruit salad" that your grandma made for Thanksgiving and you loved because you were a smooth brained knob.

And obviously you didn't play Alien Front Online.

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Nov 16, 2014

• Locked thread