Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
That would require knowing what exactly Platinum Games and Nintendo have going, legal-mumbo jumbo wise. That said I'm pretty sure Nintendo are the ones backing Bayonetta 2, financially, so they probably have a legal lock on it being for Wii U.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
3d World isn't 2.5d, though. There's platforming in 3D. It's not quite Galaxy/Sunshine/64, but it's not quite New Super Mario Brothers either. It's something inbetween the two, and the result is actually pretty interesting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

greatn posted:

I've got a Mario knex at my office desk actually. I have him hanging onto a thumb tack in the cubicle wall.

You guys realize stuff like Mario and Luigi connect 4 and Nintendo character kinex blocks, some company is probably paying Nintendo a licensing fee and not the other way around, right?
Shut up I'm sure Shigeru Miyamoto personally flew to Connect 4 HQ and gave Dr. Koneichtfor, inventor of Connect 4, a blowjob.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

None of that stopped the game from selling shitloads. For a Smash Bros game to be "bad" they'd have to phenomenally gently caress up. Also not everyone cared about the "mario party" aspect, not everyone is playing in EVO.
There's a difference between playing in EVO and not liking that you can randomly lose control over your character for no reason whatsoever. That's lovely game design from any perspective. It'd be like if in Mario Kart your car randomly stalled and imploded.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

You know what else was a "broken" mechanic in a game? Combos in Street Fighter 2. Now, combos are an absolutely integral part of all fighting games, from Street Fighter 4, to Smash Bros.

The highest level metagame revolves around closer to 15/20 characters. At the highest levels. Low level/low tier play is obviously much more expansive, and people play and are successful with the randomest teams online. But in the right hands, supposedly low tier characters can smash the God tiers. Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-7suefXOTA

Yes MvC2 was rushed, moreso than most fighting games, but players embraced the so-called brokenness, and the game ended up evolving into the pinnacle of the genre. And all fgs are rushed in a sense. SF4 was rushed. If it weren't, why are we approaching the 5th iteration of that series? And how would you even perfect/ly balance a fg? You can't.

The stages and music are off the wall, but that was likely a stylistic choice, made for whatever reason. I will say that the music is under appreciated. (~Nobody to dry your eyes/ Drive me crazy...~)
You have seven incorrect thoughts and you expressed eight of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AngryCaterpillar posted:

The funny thing about the Pokemon X and Y naming is that it's like the titles are admitting that they didn't know what to call them after they ran out of colours and materials. I can imagine the brainstorm. "We're not sure what to call the next titles, so for now let's call them X and Y... hey wait, let's just call them that! I can't wait for "Pokemon ______" and "Pokemon [insert title]".
X and Y are pretty decent titles honestly. Certainly better than POKEMON XD: GALE OF DARKNESS (the XD stands for Xtra Dimension)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eindyin posted:

A friend of mine just bought a Wii U and I was showing him the NES games and how much they cost on eShop ($8.50 in NZ). He was blown away at how cheap they are; he recently paid like $30 for an Excitebike cartridge because the only other console he owns is an actual NES. Maybe this is the market Nintendo is going for :lol:
is your friend a time traveler

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

Like really project Diva accomplishes the same thing as Bayonetta but they at least try and mix it up.
taint reaped again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wheany posted:

Also in DW when they give orders like "go defend the cheese storage", I'm like "Is that my or some other dude's name?" because there are like 80 characters and I'm apparently super bad with Chinese names. But in HW when they say that "Impa, you must go and kill all the dudes at the east gate", I'm like "Oh, that video game character that isn't based on a real person, that name I know"
maybe you could just... learn the names? 'The dude I'm playing as is named Xiahou Dun. Oh, they mentioned Xiahou Yuan. That isn't the guy im playing as'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wheany posted:

It's so obvious now, why didn't I think of that!
yeah idk why you didnt either

• Locked thread