Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv whirls back out of cover and unleashes another pounding salvo on the less damaged Immolator, screaming in euphoria as he once again teeters on the edge of total sensory overload.

"GIVE IT TO ME, YOU WORTHLESS COWARDS! GIVE ME THE PAIN I CRAVE BEFORE I FINISH YOU! I AM THE BLASPHEMY THAT WALKS LIKE A MAN, SO MAKE YOUR CORPSE GOD PROUD AND SHOOT ME!"

--------------

Precog Strike, Aim and Full Auto at the less damaged of the two Immolators.

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90 (40 -10 Difficulty +20 Celeritous Sense+25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 16

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 1d100 33, 9 DoS with Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 33 76 67 27 15 8 60 83, Hull, Weapon, Weapon, Hull, Motive, Motive, Hull, Turret

Damage, Pen 5: 8#2d10k1+17-23 3 4 0 1 2 4 1 3, total 15, first roll already replaced with DoS (originally 0 damage), ZH on the 2nd, 6th and 8th hits. Shots 4-8 will inflict Critical Damage, after Reinforced Armor halves them they'll respectively cause Crit 1 to Hull, 2 and 4 to Motive, 5 to Hull, 7 to Turret.

ZH (Weapon, Motive, Turret): 4 1 2

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 5/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Force Field: 45 (1-5 Overload)
Precog. Dodge (Fettered/Unfettered/Push): 85/90/90

WS:   (7)30
BS:   (9)50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (8)45 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      62
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (4)

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,
Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Sustaining: Warptime, Celeritous Sense (Both PR 4)

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+15X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+17X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+15E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+11R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

*SB, Mighty Shot, and Force damage already incorporated

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 5 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Psy-Focus: +10 to FP tests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Since only dachshund and Ronwayne are in combat, ill update once ronwayne posts.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash

And there goes the logorrhea. Dash had never personally taken up the belief that worshiping his god involved monologing everything that went through your mind. Tended to mess with the aim. Dash's shots don't actually connect, however, but hopefully the enfilade of heavy laser fire keeps some heads down.

Surpressive fire on the soritas, prioritizing groups about to fire on the sneakers. I don't hit anything

pre:
Dash
WS   BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
25   50     30    40    60     35      30      35     50     56

Wounds: 11/11        InfP:6 /6      Movement: 6
Armour: 6    Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Chamcloak: +20 stealth and a further -30 to BS if remaining stationary.
Conversion Field: Protection 50,  Overload15

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Bolt Pistol       30m   S/2/-  1d10+5E    4    8/8    3/3*   Full   Tearing
Multilaser       150m   –/–/5  2d10+10E   2   45/50   2/2    2 Full Reliable
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The group that remain undetected make their way even closer to the front lines, close enough to begin to count the rivets on the Immolators. Nico manages to fly right into the camp undetected, and now finds himself among a bunch of Sororitas.

Octuv does what he does best, and takes aim at the more intact of the two Immolators. Shots rain against the vehicle, with a particular nasty one nailing it in the tracks, causing the tracks to come undone and the machine to lurch forward. The driver tries her best to get the machine under control, but it spins practically 180 degrees, exposing the rear side to Octuv, although all the rounds pepper the front armor while the driver is getting it under control. Dash sprays multi-laser fire over the line of rubble, and is pleased when most of the Sororitas duck for cover.

The Sororitas still see Octuv as the greatest threat, and they and the One Immolator that remains let loose fire on his position, but due mostly to Dash's suppression, the shots mostly miss.

Boli continues to listen in on the Vox. It is clear that the Sororitas are asking to have the ship in orbit target the enemy with a lance weapon. The reply indicates that a direct hit would instantly vaporize the Sororitas as well, not to mention the one kilometer blast wave. It appears that the Sororitas on the line is trying to get the lance weapon fired a little more than a kilometer south of their current position, hoping that the best case senario that the attackers would get vaporized in the shockwave and the sororitas will survive.

Player turn:
Stealth: Next test at Om
Corvax 10m away (continue to run order)
Vincent 10m away (Not clear if run or not, gave benefit of run, but those DC 50 stealth roll will catch up with you)
Nico -8m away

Not stealth:
Boli: 100m
Octuv 291m cover 8
Dash 300m
Jeanette 300m
Lucretia 237m
armsmen 300m

Enemy turn
SoB: 12 remaining, cover down to 11AP current Sororitas 17/19 (8 sororitas pinned)
Immolator tank 1 -1/30 facing away from Octuv (turret locked in place, weapon jammed)
Immolator tank 2 -5/30 (right side armor 4) facing octuv

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"These ladies are even more batshit than usual. They are planning to use a naval lance as close air support. I repeat, they are planning to fire naval weaponry at us from orbit without hitting them. Can they even do that? How accurate are those bastards?" Boli shifts from his position of cover to peek round the corner and see if anything was shooting at him. Deciding that they were suitably distracted he resumes running towards the circled wagons. They wouldn't fire right at their own camp. Probably.

Nico

Nico floats to a halt and surveys the scene as best he can. These ladies looked funny in their heavy armour, all that added girth to their limbs. Like little fat children, like naked... what were those weird little dudes called? He floats right past the cover where the sororitas are sheltering and yells at one of them over the gunfire "Hey! Do you know what the little fat dudes were called?" He flings a nerve twister at one of them to inspire their memories.

Boli is resume running towards the sisters. He is running, not tactically advancing.

Nico is floating up to and through the cover that those ladies are pinned behind, to shout in the face of a potential saint about his warp addled memories.
Little Death, Focus power vs 40: 1d100 5 Hits with the degrees to make it haywire and shocking
Little death damage: 1d10+8 10 10 damage, pen 4
Little death Haywire: 1d10 6 A Major Disruption on everything within 5 metres

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     57      25      50     65     50

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 5/5      Movement: 3
Armour: Nnnope.     Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 30, Parry: 65 (75 with swords), Awareness: 25

Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    6/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Good Laspistol    30m   S/2/-  1d10+2E    0   30/30   2/2    Half   Reliable
Lightning Khopesh ---   ---    1d10+7E    4    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Flexible, Power Field
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Loyalty
20	20	01	40(8)	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	75 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	 Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually "exist", used just as a psychic phenomena sink.

Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, Stunning, Fear, Insanity, 
Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.
[/quote]

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

The Surface of Redemption:

Corvax kept up the pace, using the link with his suit's vox to re-open channels. Lucretia, seeing the party's forward progress, started to bolt forward at a blistering, inhuman pace.

+They're not going to lance themselves, exactly. Anyone at long range, advance. They're going to place their camp just outside of danger close. So either get up with us, or very, very far away.+

He might be wrong. They might be content with immolating themselves and their prize to kill a handful of them. But if that was the case, they were already too late.

Impending death was an interesting consideration - something to meditate on while these deluded zealots decorated his blade.

"FOR THE EMPEROR!"

10m is within 15m charge range, so he'll go ahead and do that (TN 100). Now, I assume Devastating doesn't do anything to Formations/Groups like this (as opposed to Hordes)? But at least if one dies, I get Fear 1 and maybe waste some of their Fate.
Lucretia starts booking it at 48m per turn.
Just to make things easier, the next person to attack them gets his +10.

pre:
     WS   BS   S          T           Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel          Inf
     60   30  70(+4)   40(+4)  40   40   30   40    60(+2)   68, 6/6 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 50, Parry 100+  Corruption: 45

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o -10 Stealth, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 29, 2016

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

<<Well, isn't that lovely. Moving position>> Dash was getting tired of being on the business end of imperial naval weaponry without access to some of his own. He hops down off the rock outcropping, as his jump pack's machine spirit begins its pre-flight ignition checklist. "Hey Jeanette, how do you feel about escaping imminent death by vaporization?"

Going to have an un-40k moment here and superman carry my underling and myself out of the blast zone, or at least start to move in that direction. Flying low trying to stay behind the various rocks so I don't get gunned down as I move closer to the team, so this is probably closer to pod racing than The Rocketeer. Pack's movement rate is 12, I believe.

pre:
Dash

Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Nov 1, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
waiting on dachshund and olanphonia, since dachshund can pew pew, and I think Vincent is also in charge range. Both Corvax and vincent are still in stealth, so feel free to give yourselves the +30 for your enemy being surprised.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

An orbital bombardment, for him? What a humbling gesture of approval, to treat this small warband's efforts like the arrival of a Titan or an entire Legion! It would make a spectacular finale, even if it killed them all.

Of course, it wouldn't be any fun if he killed them all before they could convince the ship to fire. So he turns and pours a salvo into the one that isn't quite completely crippled yet, still half-expecting it to vanish into a fireball, his voice growing hoarse from the sustained screaming.

"DO IT, DO IT DO IT, BRING DOWN THE CORPSE'S WRATH ON ME! AND WHEN I STRIDE FROM THE ASH CLOUD LAUGHING, YOUR FAITH AND BODIES ALIKE WILL BREAK!""

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90: 49

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 28, 10 DoS after Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 10 7 10 60 97 77 79, Turret, Motive, Motive, Motive, Hull, Turret, Weapon, Weapon.

Damage, Pen 5: 8#2d10k1+17-23 2 4 4 0 0 0 3 1, DoS subbed for the third hit, total 14 damage, with ZH on hits 2 and 7.

ZH (Motive, Weapon): 2 4, cannot move farther than a Full Move next round, Weapon/Turret Locked (or Weapon Disabled if the weapon is Fixed.) Of course, I think I just pushed it to Crit 10+, so I have my doubts those are relevant conditions.

pre:

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (4)

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+15X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+17X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+15E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+11R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 5 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 2, 2016

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

With two steps, Vincent bursts into the open, rips his sword from its sheath, and breaks into a charge towards the Sororitas. He dispenses with a battle-cry this time, the screams of his enemies would be all the warning they would receive.

Charge and lightning attack. TN 60+30 +10 -10 = 90
Roll = 65 3 hits
Damage: 26, 23, 27
Again, apologies for the delay. I'm almost done with this semester. One more month

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    40    50     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 6/6
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing

Ramoran Revolver 45m  S/-/-    1d10+10X  6     6/6     2     2FL    Accurate, Concussive(2), Proven(3)
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Parry +20
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Boli reports to the rest about the overheard plans of using a lance as close air support, while Nico floats over to one of the sororitas and shoots mind lightning at her. She takes damage, but the more crippling issue is when her and four of her comrades power armor all locks up and their bolters refuse to fire. Just then Vincent and Corvax storm over the breach. Corvax brings The Void Harvester down on a sister and slices her neatly in two. Between the suppressing fire, their frozen power armor, and the evil given off by void harvester the sisters freeze in place, unable to move.

This leaves them open for Vincent to come in and work his evil. While Corvax may prefer the one, single, perfect hit, the reckless abandon of the Khornate wins the day. The sisters were not spaced out enough to make them hard to hit when engaged in melee, a mistake that three of them do not live to learn from. Vincent quickly jabs three of them in their torso, blade slicing through power armor and eviscerating internal organs.

Most of the others start running towards the sisters due to fear of impending orbital lance strike save Octuv who continues to fire upon the Immolators. Trying to pick off the weakest, he puts his rounds into the Immolator he fired upon most recently, the one that was exposing its rear armor to him. The final round hits the turret, detonating the vehicle. The bolter rounds cooking off inside turn the vehicle into the planet's biggest frag grenade, but most of the damage is localized, and the few sororitas near by get off with little injury, though the driver and gunner are certainly dead.

The Sororitas draw their melee weapons, well those not frozen in terror, which are small mono blades, and divide up, descending upon the Corvax and Vincent. with three engaging one and three engaging the other. They all mutter prayers under their breath, which causes their blades to begin to glow. Vincent is not phased by fighting one on three, but that doesn't stop one of the sisters from sinking her blade into him, despite his best attempt to parry. Corvax is not as used to fighting ganged up, and while he parries one sororitas, another sinks a blade into him, the blade sheathed in holy light, causing his flesh and organs to burn.

Suddenly, from behind Sororitas lines a bright blue flash is seen, and a blast of plasma engulfs one of the sororitas, melting her into a small pile of flesh and metal. From the line of parked rhinos the group is able to see someone who is clothed in Mechanicus Red.

Okay, pretty self explanatory. Corvax and vincent each have three sororitas on them. They each used a fate point on a faith talent that gives them +1d10 and +2 pen on a melee weapon against daemons, psykers, or characters with 20+ corruption, so they are rolling 2d10+6 Pen 2 blades.

Also, since I am a forgiving god, I am letting Viva into the game with a new character! He is a tech priest, and he is looking for a way off this rock. maybe you can be friends?

Corvax Engaged in melee 12/18
Vincent engaged in melee 11/15
Nico -8m away
Boli: 82m
Octuv 291m cover 8
Dash 288m
Jeanette 288m
Lucretia 174m
armsmen 300m

Enemy turn
SoB: 07 remaining, current Sororitas 15/19 (1 frozen in terror, 1 suffering from haywire)
Immolator tank 1 -1/30 facing away from Octuv (turret locked in place, weapon jammed)
Immolator tank 2 -5/30 (right side armor 4) facing octuv

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Magos Rho Epsilon Beta 250-50 "Rebel"
Rebel enters the parked rhino from the back ramp. He sits down, jacks into the machine via the MIU interface, and begins the rites of ignition. +++The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Death to the False Omnissiah and his slaves.+++

Half Action to board the vehicle, half action to turn it on. Free Action to vox all of you.

pre:
Name: Rho Epsilon Beta 250-50 “Rebel”
Archetype: Heretek (+5 Int)
Pride: Devotion (+5 WP/-5 S)
Disgrace: Betrayal (+5 Corruption/Untrustworthy)
Motivation: Immortality (+2 Wounds/-5 WS)
Alignment: Unaligned
Special Ability: Traitor to Mars

Characteristics:
WS  40 (25 + 20 - 5[Motivation])
BS  40 (25 + 15)
S   30 (25 + 10 - 5[Pride])
T   30 (25 + 5)
Ag  30 (25 + 5)
Int 50 (25 + 15 + 5[Archetype])
Per 35 (25 + 10)
WP  40 (25 + 10 + 5[Pride])
Fel 40 (25 + 10 + 5[Advances])
Inf 79 (64 + 15[Campaign Gains])

Wounds: 15 (13 + 2[Motivation])
Infamy Points: 6
Corruption: 45 (37 + 8[Campaign Gains])
Experience: 11,850/11,850
Banked Experience: 0

Alignment Counter (KNST): 2/6/6/9
Advances:
Ancient Warrior (250)
Ambidextrous (250)
Awareness (200)
Charm (200) [Slaanesh]
Combat Formation (250) [Tzeentch]
Deceive (200) [Slaanesh]
Excessive Wealth (250) [Slaanesh]
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes) (200) [Tzeentch]
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) (200) [Tzeentch]
Forbidden Lore (Heresy) (200) [Tzeentch]
Forbidden Lore (The Horus Heresy and the Long War) (200) [Tzeentch]
Forbidden Lore (Xenos) (200) [Tzeentch]
Forbidden Lore (Warp) (200) [Tzeentch]
Interrogation (200)
Interrogation +10 (350)
Interrogation +20 (500)
Intimidate (200) [Nurgle]
Lightning Reflexes (250) [Slaanesh]
Linguistics (Techna-Lingua) (200)
Master Chirurgeon (750) [Nurgle]
Master Enginseer (750)
Mechadendrite Use (Weapon) (500)
Medicae (200) [Nurgle]
Medicae +10 (350) [Nurgle]
Medicae +20 (500) [Nurgle]
Polyglot (250) [Tzeentch]
Prosanguine (500) [Nurgle]
Rapid Reload (250) [Slaanesh]
Scrutiny (200) [Tzeentch]
Swift Attack (500) [Khorne]
Tech-Use +10 (350)
Tech-Use +20 (500)
Two Weapon Wielder (Melee) (500)
Weapon Training (Plasma) (250)
Weapon-Tech (250)
Whirlwind of Death (500) [Khorne]

Simple Fel Advance (250) [Slaanesh]

Skills:
Awareness
Charm
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperium, Screaming Vortex, Tech)
Deceive
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Adeptus Mechanicus, Archeotech, Heresy, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Xenos, Warp)
Interrogation +20
Intimidate
Linguistics (Low Gothic, Techna-Lingua)
Logic
Medicae +20 (Master Chirurgeon)
Psyniscience (Eye of Chaos)
Security
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Scrutiny
Trade (Armourer, Shipwright)
Tech-Use +20 (Master Enginseer)

Talents:
Ambidextrous
Armour Monger
Ancient Warrior
Cold Hearted
Combat Formation
Die Hard
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Excessive Wealth
Lightning Reflexes
Master Chirurgeon
Master Enginseer
Mechadendrite Use (Utility, Weapon)
Prosanguine
Rapid Reload
Swift Attack
Technical Knock
Total Recall
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)
Weapon-Tech
Weapon Training (Las, Plasma, Power, Primary, Shock)

Traits:
Machine (3) [B.C. Mechanicus Assimilation]
Mechanicus Implants
Size (Hulking) [Power Armour]
The Quick and The Dead
Unnatural Intelligence (+2) [G.C. Cerebral Implants]

Bionics:
B.C. Black Blood
G.C. Cerebral Implants
B.C. Mechanicus Assimilation x3
B.C. MIU
Luminen Capacitors
G.C. Servo Arm
Optical Mechadendrite

Spare Bionics:
x3 B.C. MIUs from Acquisitions 1 given out to Corvax and 1 to Octuv, 1 remains to be issued out to the party.

Gifts of the Gods
Eye of Chaos
Steel-hearted
Wreathed in Chaos

Current Equipment
B.C. Lascarbine
Legacy Plasma Gun “Aleph-452” w/20 Canisters of Purified Plasma
Legacy of Slaughter/Bellicose Pattern
- Ability #1: Overkill
- Ability #2: Shattering
Fallen Magos Power Axe
G.C. Power Armour
- Social Bonus: +5 to Deceive
- Devotional Iconography (Tzeentch)
- Sustainable Power Source
- Auto-Senses
- Magnetised Boot Soles
10 Medikits
Light Carapace Armour
G.C. Conversion Field
Combi-tool
Dataslate
Unholy Unguents
pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
40  40  30  30  30  50  35  40  40

Wounds: 18/18   Infamy: 7/7  Initiative: 1d10+8
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8 Charge: 12 Run: 24
SB: 3[5] (Power Armour)  TB: 3
Armour: 13 (All)
Force Field: 50 Overload: 01-05
Awareness: 40[60] (Auto-Senses/Optical Mechadendrite)
Dodge: 30
Medicae: 80
Tech-Use: 80[90] (Combi-Tool)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Aleph-452 90m S/2/- 1d10+16[19] Pen: 13[26] Clip: 20/20 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Reliable, Overheats
Maximal 100m S/2/- 2d10+16[19] Pen: 15[30] Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Recharge, Reliable, Overheats
Lasgun 100m S/3/- 1d10+3 E Pen: 0 Clip 60/60 Rld: Half Special: Never Jams
Overcharge 100m S/3/- 1d10+4 E Pen: 0 Special: Never Jams
Overload 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 E Pen: 2 Special: Never Jams
Fallen Magos Power Axe 2d10+9 E Pen: 6 Special: Power Field, Unbalanced, Two Handed
G.C. Servo Arm 1.5m 2d10+14 I Pen: 10

Noteworthy Bionics
B.C. Black Blood: Rebel is always considered lightly wounded and also heals much faster, removing two points of Damage per day. In conjunction with the Prosanguine talent, 
Rebel may make a Tech-Use test after spending 10 minutes in meditation. Success heals 1d5 wounds + 1 for every 2 DoS. 
Rolling a 96 or higher causes Rebel to lose the ability of both talent and implant for one week.
B.C. MIU: Grants  a +10 bonus to Tech-Use, Pilot, Drive, Logic, Inquiry, and Weapon Skill tests when interfaced with MIU systems.
G.C. Cerebral Implants: Grants a +20 bonus to Logic and Lore tests as well as Unnatural Intelligence (+2) trait.
Luminen Capacitors: May recharge or power machinery with a successful toughness test.
G.C. Servo Arm: Can extend up to 1.5m from the back mounting and has a fixed strength value of 75 and Unnatural Strength (+7), 
always used no matter the user’s personal stats. The servo arm can lift heavy objects or allow Rebel to tether himself to a suitable to a suitable anchor as a Free Action. 
May also be used to strike as the Rebels’ reaction for the round or used to make a Standard Attack (so long as it is only used once per round).
Optical Mechadendrite: +10 to Perception test, may be used as a telescopic sight, IR torch and sensors ensures Rebel takes no penalties and in fact gains a +20 to 
vision-based Perception Tests at night.

Noteworthy Gear:
Combi-Tool: Grants a +10 bonus to Tech-Use tests.
Conversion Field: If the field blocks more than 12 points of damage from a single attack, the release of light acts as a photon flash grenade burst centered on Rebel. Rebel is unaffected by this.
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Counts as having a combi-tool built-in. User may attempt to corrupt Imperial Technologies and their Machine Spirits with them on a -30 Tech-Use test, 
rendering them damaged and unusable except by fellow Hereteks.
Unholy Unguents: Makes a weapon immune to jamming for a full game session, requires a full action to apply properly.

Noteworthy Gifts
Steel-hearted: Counts all enemy fear levels as one lower. Fear 1 enemies have no effect on Rebel.
Wreathed in Chaos: +10 to all interaction tests with Chaosy folks. +10 when intimidating his enemies.

Noteworthy Talents
Ambidextrous: Rebel may use any hand equally well for any task. Does not suffer -20 for actions with off hand. Reduces penalty for two weapon fighting to -10.
Combat Formation: All members of the party including rebel add +1 to Initiative and may also choose to use Rebel’s Intelligence Bonus for their Initiative roll rather than their Agility Bonus
Die Hard: Rebel may roll twice when suffering blood loss to avoid death.
Master Chirurgeon: Any successful heal attempt heals 2 additional wounds. If the character is in danger of losing a limb, Rebel provides them a +20 bonus on the toughness test.
Technical Knock: Rebel may unjam any gun he can touch as a half action, but may only do this on one weapon a round.
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee): Can attack with two weapons.
Weapon-Tech: Once per combat encounter, Rebel may increase the damage and penetration of any weapon personally wielded by him by his intelligence bonus for one round. 
Weapon must belong to the Melta, Plasma, Power, or Exotic category to benefit from this.
Whirlwind of Death: Rebel inflicts additional melee damage to a Horde equal to half his WS bonus.

Special Ability
Traitor to Mars: Rebel gains the Binary Chatter ability. This ability increases the loyalty of all minions who are servitors or other cybernetic constructions by 10.  

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 22, 2018

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

A little blood trickled out of the lightly armored knee joint where the Sister had landed a solid blow. Whatever Emperor-flavored sorcery they were using, the platelets coming out of Corvax's warp-infused Larraman's Organ was having a little difficulty. Steadying himself, he kicked the upper half of his previous victim a foot or so away and took some pressure off of the wounded knee.

"So which half of her remains married to the Throne? I mean - between you and me, I think I know what half the Old Man would prefer."

He drank in their rage at his blasphemy, feeling suffused with the power of the True Gods.

"Now, Vincent here only wants a very specific part of you. And I reward initiative."

His free hand reached for a Sister's power-armored leg, but it was a ruse. He sprung up with surprising speed, trying to cleave her head from her shoulders.

Spending an Infamy for 1d5+1 Wounds back.
Wounds: 1d5+1 3
Half-Action Feint, TN 70.
Feint, TN 70: 1d100 5 7 DoS.
Half-Action Called Shot to the Head (unless they're helmeted, then add 10 for Single Swing instead.) TN 70.
Called Shot, TN 70 (Unless they're helmeted): 1d100 19
Damage, Pen 8 to the Head: 1d10+20 21
Replacing the rolled 1 with DoS of 7.

Lucretia keeps on booking it at 48m.
Giving Vincent my +10. Get those Lightning Attacks!

pre:
     WS   BS   S          T           Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel          Inf
     60   30  70(+4)   40(+4)  40   40   30   40    60(+2)   68, 5/6 IP

Wounds: 15/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 50, Parry 100+  Corruption: 45

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o -10 Stealth, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent snarls as the blade cuts into his flesh. "The Emperor protects the righteous?" he sneers as he dances backward, through the spilled entrails of the sisters he had just eviscerated. "Despair then. Death has come and your Emperor has abandoned you."

Aim+Lightning attack: 60+10-10+10= TN 70
Roll=60 2 hits
Damage: 24, 21

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    40    50     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 11/15      IP: 6/6
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing

Ramoran Revolver 45m  S/-/-    1d10+10X  6     6/6     2     2FL    Accurate, Concussive(2), Proven(3)
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Parry +20
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Keeps running, trying to keep track of local comms

Nico

Suddenly there is a murderous entrance from some colleagues and large chunks of power-armoured sister are carved off and go flying. But then there are shiny knives and Nico is fascinated. He forgets about the short, fat guys and squints at one of the sisters in the back with her knife out, spiralling her natural bioelectricity into a single great spark that he jumps into her power armour's central processor. He then advances on the statue to peer at the knife. "It's not a power knife, wrong colour entirely. Doesn't look like warp-fire either. Some sort of [Untranslatable eldar moon speak] or maybe a [More untranslatable gibberish]? But you don't get those out here, and definitely not with the loyalists..."

Nico has decided that this is an excellent opportunity to learn something new. Hopefully she survives the zap to keep her faithblade up.
Little Death, Focus power vs 40: 1d100 21
Little death damage: 1d10+8 15 pen 4
Little death Haywire: 1d10 7 DEAD ZONE.

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     57      25      50     65     50

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 5/5      Movement: 3
Armour: Nnnope.     Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 30, Parry: 65 (75 with swords), Awareness: 25

Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    6/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Good Laspistol    30m   S/2/-  1d10+2E    0   30/30   2/2    Half   Reliable
Lightning Khopesh ---   ---    1d10+7E    4    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Flexible, Power Field
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Loyalty
20	20	01	40(8)	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	75 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	 Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually "exist", used just as a psychic phenomena sink.

Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, Stunning, Fear, Insanity, 
Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Oh, a new friend, how delightful. Would the surprises never cease?

"WELCOME TO THE WINNING SIDE, COG-MAN!"

He'd been lugging around a suit of "liberated" Black Legion armor for ages, intending to find a heretek to transfer its sub-systems over to his own suit, but never quite having the time. A good reason to keep this one alive. And that Immolator explosion! Beautiful, just beautiful. Now for the other one.

"FIFTH VERSE, HAHA: SAME AS THE FIRST!"

----------

Precog Strike (Unfettered) TN 90: 27

Full Auto TN 105 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +25 Precognitive Strike +30 Size 7): 69, 6 DoS after Unnatural.

Hit Locations: 63 84 93 99 53, Turret, Weapon, Turret, Turret, Turret, Hull

Damage, Pen 5: 6#2d10k1+17-23 0 0 3 0 4 4, total 11, ZH on 3, 5, 6.

ZH (Turret, Turret, Hull): 3#1d5 2 3 2, Turret Weapon Jammed, -10 to Ranged Attacks from the Turret for 1d5 rounds, and an internal gas leak inflicts -20 on all the crew's tests until one spends a Full Action to fix it, no test required. But again, I include this only just in case, I'm pretty sure that's Crit 10+.

pre:

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 3 Rounds left. Allows a free reroll on any Focus Power Test, but even the Fettered Level can trigger Psychic Phenomena.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Dash continues to try to not be vaporized while moving at high speed.

Not sure if I can Run while using a jet pack, otherwise, another 12m move.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags
[/quote]

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As is typically the case, once Corvax and Vincent get within striking distance of the enemy, they seem to fall quickly, though the fire from Octuv does wonders as well. One final unrelenting burst from his heavy bolter causes the Immolator to detonate as spectacularly as the last one did, taking a few more of the adjacent sisters with them. With only a small scant amount of the Sororitas left, the former bodyguard and the Alpha Legionare are able to quickly dispatch the remaining Sororitas while Rebel approaches the remains of the battle with the stolen Rhino.

Most everyone quickly gathers around the former forward operating base, save Dash and Octuv who are both quickly trying to close the distance. It is then that Boli receives yet another message from the ship in orbit. "Sisters, please respond. We have been given clearance from fleet command to attempt the requested action unless you give an update on your situation. Silence will be taken to mean your position has fallen and we will attempt your last requested strike. Emperor save us if this is the case."

Okay, that battle was basically a route, and I wasn't going to drag it out one more turn to finish off like two more sororitas. However, their request for danger close is still in play. You can do one of two things:

1. Try to respond. A successful deceive check will leave the ship in orbit to believe the sororitas is successful, and to call off the attack.
-This can be accomplished by:
--A) a player with mimic (Octuv) trying to pass as the opposite gender. This will give the listener two checks, one for the deceive, and one for the mimic
--B) have one of the female Minions (lucretia, Jeannette) pose as a sororitas via vox and try to deceive as well.

2. gently caress it, get out of there. Everyone gets in their new Rhino and make a break for the crashed ship. The ship above will try to fire closer than danger close, since they will assume that the sororitas position has been lost. I will still have the ship in orbit make a BS test, and the TN is going to be tough given they are trying to hit a specific target to try and get something caught in the blast wave. If they fail, the beam will scatter. If it scatters south, south-west, or south east you will likely be safe.

Full disclosure I'm using the rules from Rogue Trader: Battle Fleet Koronus on page 133. I'm not going to have you happen to get insta-nuked in the eye of the blast, but there is a chance you will get caught in the one square kilometer blast range, which is 5d10+10E Pen:6. So the Rhino could keep you safe.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

"We have precious little time to enjoy our victory..."

The sight of a Rhino rolling up without opening fire is an interesting one, to say the least.

"We can call off the strike. I take it we're all excited at the prospect of debasing ourselves in imitation of these Sororitas..."

Lucretia deceives at 50, Mimics at 70 (and has Unnatural Fel 4), but even when you throw in the fact that I can give her my +10, I think Octuv still has the edge, due to Glimpse and the ability to spend Fate to re-roll. So take the +10 and go nuts.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Rebels pulls up alongside Corvax and pops the driver's hatch partially to discuss terms. "Ok so that's done with. Legionnaire, we need to talk." Rebel says addressing Corvax. "I am Magos Rho Epsilon Beta 250-50 and I wanna make a bargain with you. On my person are 3 pristine Mind Impulse Units. Forged in the Great Crusade and kept working all this time. The ship that brought me here conveniently stopped responding to my hails after it noticed that Sororitas fleet in orbit. Here's my proposal: Get me off this rock with your team and I'll implant them in whoever you want, all 3. Oh and this slightly used Rhino. Beats walking right?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

"Talk, but quickly. We're on something of a schedule.

Corvax sheathed his blade, and crossed his arms.

"Cybernetics don't do us much good, when we're dead. But the Rhino... well, you would know better than I. How fast can it go?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"70. Did I mention I'm pretty good with a plasma gun? I can pull my weight. So, we got a deal or what. "

thats in kph obv

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The marine knocked on the outside shell of the Rhino.

"Everyone in. Any subterfuge, we do on the run. Use it. We're the only transport left, so on and so forth. Magus, your work. We don't need to have this thing last forever, do whatever you need."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"I will attend to the machine spirit of the engine and boost the speed by as much as possible. Find someone who can drive it better than me because it was a bit rough getting used to this, even jacked in." Rebel says as he activates the studs to drop the side and back ramps of the Rhino. "Inside. Now."

lmao Rebel doesn't have operate (surface) so imagine him driving like a teenager who just got his license when he drove up to yall. Have dash drive. And uhh TN 90 to tweak the engines for maximum power at the expense of longevity. Master Enginseer means if I need to I can just spend an Infamy Point to say THIS HAPPENS and takes the minimum amount of time needed to happen.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv shakes his head sadly as he walks among (and across) the dead Sisters, ceramite crunching under his heels. This was such a heartbreaking tragedy. It seemed that the petty realities of survival and success were denying him the chance to see an orbital strike in person. Alas, the universe simply was not fair.

Casting off his enhanced reflexes to fully focus on his sensory powers, he sorts through thousands of strands of fate, searching for scenarios least likely to end in a blinding shockwave. There, that one. His mutated vocal cords, blessed by Slaanesh, briefly twist themselves into a new configuration. The resulting voice is a passable imitation of a Sister of Battle, albeit a very loud one. But between the scratchy nature of vox communication and the rather enthusiastic nature of most Sisters, he doubted it would be noticed.

"Praise be to the God-Emperor! Their fire support has been slain by a truly miraculous shot, and the cowards flee before us! Requesting permission to follow; we must not allow a single heretic to escape our holy wrath!"

Not bothering to shift his voice back yet, he gives the new arrival a nod of approval while he awaits a response.

"I think I like this one."

Cursed Metal vs 40: 96

Gonna stop sustaining Warptime so that Celeritous Sense bumps up to the full 5 PR (and to minimize the risk of nuking myself).

Glimpse (Unfettered) vs <91 (40 Base +25 Celeritous Sense +25 PR +bonuses that don't matter because DoS isn't important): 76

Deceive vs 85 (50 Base +25 Glimpse +10 Corvax): 11, which is 9 DoS after the Unnatural Fellowship bonus. They're probably not going to beat that on the Opposed test, so unless they roll well on seeing through the Mimic, I think we're good.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Nicely done. Personally I would have avoided anything that encouraged them to reinforce this position, but a heated enthusiasm for battle always provides a solid excuse for slightly odd behaviour."

Boli catches his breath in the back of the rhino and looks at their new colleague. "Not to be rude, but events are progressing. Why are you here?"

Nico

The sister dies, the light of the knife fades. Nico stares at it, prods his finger through the now ordinary blade and frowns. Ignoring the battle wrapping up around him he peers at the fallen sororitas' face, then looks around for a suitable dismembered arm to inspect. Finally noticing everyone boarding the rhino, he floats over and sits on the roof. Summoning his ghostly chorus he ignores the wind as the rhino speeds off, and starts framing a theoretical discussion on the nature of the anti-warp.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Dash sets Jeanette down, and, slightly miffed that he isn't doing the driving, climbs on in.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

My heretek doesn't even have the operate skill, have dash drive.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

goatface posted:

Boli catches his breath in the back of the rhino and looks at their new colleague. "Not to be rude, but events are progressing. Why are you here?"

"Did you think this Rhino APC drove up here by itself? Alliance of convenience."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent stares at Octuv as he voxes out to the orbiting ship. "Dark Gods, that is just disturbing" he mutters as a voice that clearly shouldn't belong to such a massive being nonetheless spills from the marine's mouth. "Let's move, Dash take the controls and let's finish what we came here to do. I'd rather not be anywhere near here in case the blasted Sisters figure out our ruse."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Boli removes his glasses and polishes some masonry dust off the lenses. "On the planet. I know why we are here - we seek something from that ship we thought would be innocuous - and the sisters are just an unfortunate impedance. I would like to know why you are here to discover if their presence is more than just chance."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Oh in that case, VROOOM. Using the MIU port, if one is available

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

"Oh? I make my money salvaging starships and while I'm there, I try to see if there is any archeotech or lore worth looking into as I go about supervising the salvage operation. This was supposed to be just another lead."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Octuv gets on the vox and replies to the ship in orbit. After a brief silence, the individual on the other side responds back. "Copy that Sister. I wasn't looking forward to trying to take that shot. This planet wasn't supposed to have anyone living here, so the fact you were attacked from a direction other than the ship is concerning." There is another brief pause and then the vox crackles again, "Watch yourselves out there. We haven't had any contact from anyone who went shipboard since they boarded the wreck, so Emperor Protect.

With the orbital strike averted, the group load into the Sororitas Rhino and take off for the wreck. The vessel looms in the distance. The once proud vessel appears to be a discarded bolt shell. The ship crashed bow first into the planet, causing a shockwave that demolished the smaller crypts in the area, and causing the front third of the ship to disintegrate on impact. The remainder of the vessel then fell back down to the planet to rest on its keel, crushing even more marble structures before resting, with a slight list to starboard.

As the group disembarks from the Rhino in the shadow of the wreck, the group tries to find an entry point. The bow section is too destroyed to provide entrance. Thankfully, a large contingent of Sororitas had recently been through that way on foot, and it is easy to where they entered, mainly because it seems to have been carved into the hull via a multi-Melta or five. The hole is only large enough for a couple astartes breast to breast, so the Rhino has to remain outside.

Immediately upon entry the first thing anyone notices is the smell. The ship has the stench of stale air and rust with a slight coppery taste to the mouth. The hole that was punched into the ship was right at one of the Macro cannons. The large room is silent, and void of movement. The macro cannon was knocked off its tracks, the titanic force of the ship crashing moving the immense weapon.

The room does contain a smattering of old bones, most of them still dressed in the rating clothing. A think layer of dust clings to everything, showing where the direction the Sororitas went. The group could follow them or instead try to avoid the large armed group killer nuns and go elsewhere.

Though where should the group even start to look for Westin Moore?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Acknowledged. Moving out! The Emperor Protects!" Octuv snaps off the vox and chuckles. "And you fools best hope so, because no one else could hope to save you."

The intoxicating power of Blue Fire slowly fades from his body during the ride. The immediate temptation was to take another dose, but he resists; the only thing worse than being sober was building up a tolerance. Once they've entered the ship, he takes a moment to scan the Warp for anything anomalous, just on the off-chance. He lets his voice slip back into its natural tones. Much more lovely than some slave of the Imperial Corpse, although he'd have to remember that voice for taunting the Sisters later.

"What could have drawn them here? I am looking for local Warp signatures, but if I find nothing of interest, I say we follow their trail, track them down, and ask them. By tearing the knowledge forcibly from the survivors' petty little minds, preferably.

Blue Fire Addiction +15 vs 77: 60

Glimpse (Fettered) vs 90 (40 Base +15 PR +25 Celeritous Sense +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 41

Psyniscience vs 80 (40 Base +25 Celeritous Sense +15 Glimpse): 59, 3 DoS, which the Psyniscience table says is "Rough location of the Warp creatures or beings affecting the Immaterium," so if there is anything, I vaguely know where it is.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Nov 16, 2016

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Surface of Redemption (Inside the Wreck):

"Nicely done, everyone. And something's keeping the squads in here from voxing out, which is even better news."

He produced his cameleoline cloak, throwing it in his proxy's direction.

"I think we go in a different direction. But have someone keep an eye on them. I suppose any information would be on cogitators..."

Mentally opening his own helmet's vox link, he sent a transmission to the party micro-beads to make sure they worked.

+Keep checking this. I'd love to believe they're dead, but maybe the shipboard vox-systems are stuck jamming or otherwise messing with the bands.+

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Dash checks his internal comm to see if its works. "Sounds good to me, the less meltaguns in my life the better." Also sneaking around was one of the few physical tasks a human could hope to keep up with an astartes in. "I assume we head to the officer's quarters if they're still intact, try to find some trace of this guy?"

I think I have night vision in my cyber eyes, not sure.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As Dash and Corvax discuss the merits of following Sororitas in a planetbound wreck or or not, Octuv reaches out into the warp. Immediately he senses a near constant, though incredibly faint, aura of the Immaterium all around. It is the same aura that the Sovereign currently has polluting her from their most recent Gellar field failure, though at only a fraction of that. It appears that it is this faint radiation that is disrupting com. Close range coms seem to work fine, but even here inside the vessel they can receive no coms from the Sororitas.

Not only that, but Octuv detects two large concentrations of warp entities. The first is near the center of the ship, parallel to the route the sisters seem to be moving. There are no strong warp entities, but a large enough gathering of smaller ones to be noticeable even from this distance. Further away, in the direction of the Bridge spire, Octuv detects another strong warp entity. This one is clearly a daemon of Tzeentch, and one of immense power, if not a Keeper of Secrets it would either be a lesser daemon prince, very powerful Herald of Tzeentch, or perhaps an unbound daemonhost of one of the above.

Okay, so Octuv ruined my fun. The bridge, which would include officers quarters, has a big bad tzeentch daemon there. So you might have to fight/barter with it. The center of the ship has a large gathering of warp daemons as well. No determinable alignment, so likely a gathering of at least two different daemon types. It looks like the sisters are on a course to AVOID them, so you could move through the sisters, or move through the daemons and fight them.

Other potential options would be to try and push the two into each other. Likewise you could sit back and let the sisters make their way to the bridge and the daemon there, but if they win, they might seize or destroy any evidence you are looking for.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv pauses for a second, shocked. He hadn't expected to find anything, let alone a small army of daemons. But there was no mistaking their presence.

"Oh. Oh my. The taint of the Warp lies upon this vessel, and there are daemons aboard, between us and the bridge. I cannot sense their allegiance clearly, so it must be more than one type. I also see a very powerful servant of the Changer of Ways on the bridge. And even more curiously, the Sisters are deliberately bypassing the daemons. Whatever is here is enough to temper their zeal, which means it must be valuable indeed. I suppose we could let the Sisters reach the bridge ahead of us, but then we risk them succeeding at their mission. Regardless, if we find our heir intact, I suspect he may already have joined our side. No mere man of faith could survive long on this daemon-haunted wreck. Either he would break, or his faith would."

Octuv turns and waves his gun at the hole the Sisters burned in the wall.

"Cowering here while they have all the fun would be boring. I still say we should hunt down the Sisters and finish them. I have had my fair share of daemons after our little Gellar Field failure.""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Surface of Redemption (Inside the Wreck):

"Well, what we seek is likely on the bridge, or the officer's quarters nearby."

He made a crude map of their options in the dust.

"The Sisters are not going to traffic with the daemon on the bridge, that much is fairly certain. They will fight it. If they succeed, they'll be greatly weakened, if this entity of Change is as powerful as your senses say it is. I don't see why we should do its work for it. Ambush whoever wins the bridge, I say."