Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Boli rocks gently for most of his trip, mumbling snippets of prayers, absently presenting his wrists for the manacles without argument, staring at the damage in the courtyard on his way out until his head was pushed into the Rhino. He sits in the interrogation room and stares blank-faced at the wall, trying to remember if the Raven Guard were known for mind-reading Librarians, or if they thought that was for cowards and only did the giant explosions and stuff.

"Young man, I... I... I'm sorry. I have been a terrible coward and my life is probably over, please do not judge all my people by my shame. I am Lay Preacher Cesaro Chaviz of the 278th 2nd conscript reserve. We didn't know what was happening until they'd killed so many. I saw one of them stab a man through the back and then... then he was behind another cutting his throat. In less time than a blink. Here." Boli thumps the table for effect, "and then here. Just like that. We tried to mount a defence, but they shrugged off our attacks like we were using training weapons. I... ran. I'm an old man, I thought I could join the reservists and spend the last of my days teaching the brave young fools how to sing the great songs of praise and glory. Instead I held a chainsword I don't even know how to use and left the young men to die while I hid in a sacred space and tried to block out the screaming."

Right... deceive at 70 for the lying, Total Recall and FL (Psykers) at 52 (62 if that indeterminate amount of time was long enough for a proper think) to remember things about how Marines use psykers. Interrogation to try and judge how this is going to go? Boli is trying to be pathetic and pitiful, as only a little old man in a silly hat can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
At the Party.

Gregor looks down at his feet, "The cargo I have for you is very precious to me." He looks back up to meet Pierre in the eyes, "As such I request a test to make sure that you will be able to get the cargo through customs. I have a prized show horse. If you can get that off world to your ship without being stopped by customs, then I will trust you with the real cargo. Does this suit you?"

At an undisclosed black site:

The Arbites scratches at his note pad as Boli speaks, asking no questions while he speaks. Once the old priest finally finishes his story the arbites continues, "and what can you tell us about those that attacked you?" While boli mulls his response around in his head, he tries to recall what he knows about Astartes Librarians. Typically they are used in a combat roll, with a focus on powers to aid in combat. Even given that, the Raven Guard Librarian that "rescued" Boli might still have mind reading powers they might employ.

Hopefully it won't come to that with the marines.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash

Ordinarily Dash would have no problem with the van being this crowded/cruisy, but the whole 'covered in effluvia' kinda ruined the moment. For some reason despite the successful mission he's pretty bummed out, he doesn't even attempt to bully the pilot into letting him fly. He ponders just throwing away the bolt pistol instead of cleaning it, considering the stockpile they have. He wanders over to a firehose and just blasts himself for a good minute before heading downstairs for a real shower.

Later, having changed, Dash sits at a table trying to disassemble and clean his poo pistol as well as try to get his chamcloak clean and working again. "So yeah, uh, why did the old guy intentionally get caught by the Arbites again? Aren't they really good at uh, breaking people and making them tell the 'truth' they want to hear?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 23, 2015

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

The Safehouse:

Environmental sealing, it turns out, is something Corvax's plans of passing as a human may have taken for granted. Still, it wasn't as though sewer escapes were going to be the go-to plan in the future.

"Yes, Dash - but Boli knew that going in. And he also knows they want an explanation for this that doesn't involve the forces of Chaos lurking around their city, sight unseen, and murdering recruitment stations with fallen Astartes. I trust him to provide them with something suitable to our purposes, and to endure just enough interrogation that they think they've worked for it. He's no madman, and certainly no idiot. Now, whether he will live to tell the tale to us - that remains to be seen. But he is resourceful. A better chance at it than most."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"I suspect that they won't be beating an old man up who is, supposedly, the only survivor of a vicious attack on a Guard base. He might be censured for surviving when so many of his 'friends' died, but I think he can weave a good enough tale to not be beaten too badly."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

"I hope so, I like the guy, but I'm not sure you're describing the Imperium I bailed out on. Here's hoping. Are we just laying low in the mean-" a crap covered spring slips out of the bolter's upper assembly and bangs off the roof before Dash recovers it and starts cleaning it off. "While we wait."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Oh! Uh..." Boli pulls himself upright in his chair and then settles down again, before continuing in the dispassionate recital voice he remembers from his school days. "By the light of the Throne. Ahem. They looked like men. If there were mutations they were minor. Four limbs, one head, pretty average size. They were fast, faster than any man I've ever seen. Killed and moved so quickly. Tough too. I saw one shrug off a square hit like it was nothing. That might have just been the gear. They were better equipped than any of us. I think the lightest armour I saw was still half carapace. Serious helmets, and good weapons, they had these fancy looking guns but they weren't even using them, just stabbing and slashing before we even knew where they were. All tactical, not random. Distraction, feint, strike, fade... like the boxing when I was a boy. They were cutting us down, with a... a..."

Tailing off, Boli stares at the ceiling for a moment, then continues, his face upturned and his eyes screwed tight shut. "I can see the man dying, and the blur of a figure behind him. I can see the blood, but I can't see the weapon. I couldn't even tell you if it was a kitchen knife or a chainsword." He turns his face to the floor and opens his eyes, his voice dropping to a mumble "By the Blessed Cape of St. Aquaductus, I fled like a child and cowered in a cupboard, and I can't even tell you what they were attacking us with."

More lying, at 70.

Saint Aquaductus is best known for redirecting a river to drown a town full of heretics who insisted on reciting the breakfast psalms at every meal. Also for having a bitchin' cape.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
At an Undisclosed Blacksite

The old arbites remains sitting taking notes as Father Boli continues his story about the attackers. As he finishes a Knock is heard at the door. The Arbite politely excuses himself and goes through the door. A very long minute later two other people enter the room. One is an individual in Arbites carapace armor, masking even their gender. The other is an overweight individual with greasy hair yet fine clothing. It is this person who speaks. "Now, my friend here in the armor was listening in, and he didn't much like your last answer. He thinks it contradicts what they found at the scene, so he wanted to come in here and knock your teeth out until you told the truth, but I talked him into a much more subtle approach, though potentially less painful."

Father Boli feels a slight pressure at the back of his head while the fat greasy man stares at him.

Boli failed his last deceive test, (well actually succeeded less than the opposed roll) so the arbites/Inquisitor has sent a dirty psyker in. Please roll me in orokos or invisible castle and link here a willpower test to see if you are able to maintain your secrets from the psyker. Hopefully he'll peril.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Pierre Loubieres

"Seems fair," Pierre agrees. "I accept. Permit me some time to make arrangements and I will collect your horse."

After the banquet, Pierre sets about probing the bars nearest the spaceport, fishing for information on how best to smuggle a live horse through customs. Bribery would be easiest but Pierre is unfamiliar with the local method and doesn't want to step on the wrong toes.

Inquiry 63

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Willpower to not get mindfucked: 1d100 67
infamy reroll to not get mindfucked: 1d100 54

welp! That is a fail by 4. Points, not DoS

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
At an undisclosed black site

As the psyker begins to probe Boli's mind, the heretic quickly musters his defenses. Having spent time with daemons makes him somewhat familiar with psychic intrusions. He begins to breathe deeply clearing his mind. He then begins to concentrate on both important things and trivial things. He repeats his cover name, Lay Preacher Cesaro Chaviz over and over in his mind, then switches focus to images of cute animals, then back to what he thinks a genestealer looks like, then to thoughts of what he is going to eat. Every time he feels the pressure of the psyker's mind probe he shunts one of these thoughts to the front of his mind.

Finally the psyker gives off an exasperated sigh, "Gah! I'm not finding anything here, but I'm almost sure that he's hiding something." The large figure in the arbites armor speaks, voice masked by a vox grille, "We can't convict or continue to hold on almost. The Inquisitor said we get information out of this guy. He describes genestealers, but the helmet vid from our guys inside showed Chaos Marines. Maybe they were in disguise?"

The psyker looks up, "Who was in disguise, the genestealers masquerading as Chaos, or Chaos masquerading as genestealers?" The large arbites shrugs, "beats me, though either thought is damned frightening." The Large arbites crooks his head as if listening to a conversation for a minute, and then speaks, 'The big wigs want to know what we're doing with this guy. We going to argue we can hold him and try to probe his mind again? Maybe use some chems first to weaken him?" The psyker shakes his head, "as much as I'd love to, there's no need. We got the physical evidence at the scene, and you know eye witness testimony can be unreliable. Cut him loose."

The larger arbite puts a bag on Boli's head. He is led back out of the building and into a near-by flier. after about an hour of flying around the city, they deposit him in Revolutionary Square. It takes short work for Boli to radio he is free and to be brought back to the safe house.

The psyker also failed by only 9 points. That gave each of you one DoF, so victory goes to you. They may not fully believe you, but they do not suspect you of any intentional dishonesty.

At the Spaceport

Pierre spends his time down at the spaceport in some of the bars attended to by the stevedores. While many of them are not too knowledgeable about the import export system, Pierre is able to piece together quite a lot. The system on this world isn't much different than on others. All imports and incoming passengers must submit to customs, unless it is a governmental low orbit flyer, like the one that you were brought down on. Incoming passengers go through security. Imports are kept in the customs yard, all are run through scanners, and random containers are selected for in person checks.

Exports and those leaving are a little less restrictive. All those officially leaving world still must pass through customs, to make sure no fugitives are trying to escape the world. The planet does not put as much security on export off world, as their view is that's the destination world's problem. Exports of goods still go through scanners, unless the export is from one of the Noble houses, which can receive customs waivers for their goods, allowing them to be shipped from their manufacturing centers right to orbit.

Pierre is able to find the names of one or two customs officials that tend to accept bribes, but none take their drink in the starport bars.

Back at the safehouse

With everyone back at the safehouse, Ursa listens to the reports of the attack team, Pierre, and Boli. "Well alright, this gives us a bit of a kink in our plans. If the arbites and the Inquisitor think the forces of Chaos are on world, then you're in a bit of trouble. It don't take a genius to put together the fact that we have a new rogue trader appear in orbit, and shortly after a Chaos space marine is observed in an attack on the Tithe Center, not to mention the attack from whatever thing you brought with," Ursa points at Dash, "Genestealers certainly don't have ghosts that scream so loud they liquefy people! I have some sources in the arbites, not people loyal to The Cause, but people loyal to me in my political, not Chaotic Nature. They think this attack was the work of Traitors, and it's scaring the piss out of them, but we can use it to our advantage"

Ursa gets up from his chair and begins to pace. "First, I want to know what it is that Gregor knows. His whole family was removed form the Upper House and had most of their privileges stripped. If it was because they had dirt on the other members of the Upper House, it may aid me in my campaign. Second, we're going to have to throw heat off of you, Dear Rogue Trader. As Such, I propose that I throw the House of the Revolution's answer to the official government party you attended the other night. I can invite you, as well as the only survivor of the dreaded attack on Tithe center. While the party is in full swing, the rest of your merry band crash the party, with the intent of assassinating the rogue trader and silence the only survivor. Of course you two would get away, and the Chaos band would flee."

Ursa sits back down. "it would serve two purposes. It would throw suspicion off the Rogue Trader, and it would give me ammunition to use against the planetary minister. While she and this Inquisitor have run around the planet looking for a genestealer infestation that doesn't exist, a Chaos cell has formed, so strong it contains multiple fallen astartes, including an Alpha Legionnaire! It would cause untold embarrassment. What are your thoughts?"

So who want's to crash a dinner party? Given the long stretch of time due to my personal issues of late, I would like to see everyone post something, even if it's a simple "Sure that's a cool plan not Frank Underwood" so I can use that to gauge who is still in the game. Anyone who doesn't reply, I am considering as out of the game, which may require me bringing in someone new. The current roster is:

Onion
goatface
Jolinaxas
lordkoth
Ronwayne
Olanphonia
dyne

though I am not so sure on the last one there.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"They don't know if they're looking for a genestealer cult who've stolen some power armour, or a chaos incursion playing tyranids, or both. Or a terrible combination of both. Makes me wish I'd picked up some chunks of chitin when we were in that terrible infested shithole just so we could confuse them some more."

Boli leans on the back of a chair, annoyed with himself. He hadn't expected a psyker to appear, and he should have. He hadn't noticed the helmet cameras on the Arbites either. He was getting sloppy, too much time spent relaxing on the ship, probably.

"If someone could go and buy me the formal wear of a confused old man who's trying to look rich without ever having been, that would be helpful. I'm not familiar with the local fashions of 6 months ago."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Safehouse:

Corvax listened to Ursa's plan, nodding along with most of it. It was no small wonder Aethun had chosen to "sponsor" his political ambitions - he had a keen mind for a certain brand of skullduggery.

"Of course. And if there's anyone in your party whose passing would be fortuitous, their unfortunate position of being in the crossfire of our assault can be arranged. If you wish for my legion's presence to be obvious, it sounds like I'll be stripping the rest of the Deathwatch Black off of my armor for the rest of the evening. Not a problem."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Ursa clapped his hands together, "Exactly Master Corvax! I was just thinking the same. I could populate the party with political rivals whose loss would have little negative impact on myself. Now being leader of the House of the Revolution my security is provided. I don't get a say in how they run things, but I doubt they'll be very well equipped to handle your little group of misfits. Typically they're in two varieties, the obvious guards with armor and lasguns, and the Secret Service in suits and compact autoguns and autopistols. No match for your weapons and that damned scream beast you have, though try to keep the collateral to a minimum, I do have valuable paintings in my estate."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

Dash is about to argue but realizes he's going to get anywhere here. "Listen now- I GLRHFLK-", a spurt of cerebral fluid flies out the back of his MIU jack before coalescing.

"Hey now, that wasn't my fault, it was his idea. And yeah, the big guys in power armor have nothing to worry about, but what about the mincing, scrawny bullet trap I have to live in? Stubs and las bolts are actually a thread to his and thus, my continued existance. Want to force him to do some of that ninja assassin thing again?" If Dash is listening, the stream of drool coming from his mouth doesn't give any indication. "Oh, and I recommend having the help wax the floors with Novaxium Plus! before hand, if they still make it in this sub sector. Really good at making lots of gore and people bits easy to clean up with no lasting stain to hardwords or other surfaces!"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 12, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Did you work in sales in a past life? I sold grox-bile leather treatments one year, that was miserable." Boli clicks his tongue, "If you want this to look like a chaos attack, exactly how chaotic are we talking? I assume a minor breach of the immaterium would be a step too far. Sigils of blood on the walls? Bodies arranged in an eight-point star, devotional markings carved into their foreheads? Clumsy and haphazard so it looks like they're a small group of dangerous idiots rather than a notable force?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Safehouse:

Corvax shook his head.

"They know Astartes are involved, so making them think it's nothing more than a few dissatisfied noble children who're trying to aggravate their parents by 'worshipping Slaanesh' is out of the question. I suggest we pose as what we basically are - a small force looking to capitalize on the Inquisitor's single-mindedness and cause turmoil in the political process. If we go too far, we will be the subject of a planetwide search - perhaps even something on the scale of Exterminatus, if the Inquisitor is insane enough. We go in as a small squad, and my legion's reputation will work to our benefit. They will waste time trying to find the other heads of the hydra, but will find no concrete proof to escalate the problem because there is none. Our friend here uses the situation to ridicule the opposition, and by the time the manhunt is almost over, the election will be as well, and we'll have disappeared."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 12, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"A good plan all around, I'd say. I've always wanted to be the one crashing the party, rather than the person responsible for stopping party-crashers." Vincent says, leaning back in his chair slightly with a thoughtful expression on his face. The corners of his mouth twitch upwards into a smile"Although I'd think half the fun would be wrecking the place. I suppose I'll have to settle for painting the walls with some noble blood."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Shrugging, Hashim nodded in agreement with the coalescing plan. "At the very least, it's more coherent than the previous one. And it could prove... entertaining. I'd suggest you forward us a floor layout, along with any walls containing portraits you'd rather stay intact. We may decide to do some 'remodeling of the interior in pursuit of our 'targets.'" Then he smirked. "And if would like a room connected to the outside, you could mark that too. I'm sure we could use that wall on the way in or out."

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre Loubieres

"I'm not sure I agree with the plan of shooting at me," Pierre says worriedly, "though I can see its merits in cementing my position with the local nobility. I reluctantly agree, although if any of you hit me, there will be trouble."

"In the meantime, we need to devise a plan to send this bloody horse off-world. I think the easiest would be to forge some noble's shipping papers and bypass all the security."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash Trixie

The apparition immediately begins nattering with Boli "As a matter of fact yes!" She replies "Da was the subsector head of Mincer Arms, chainblades, pigstickers etc. We had a combo package deal with the provider of several industrial cleaners. Stub guns get powder residue in the barrel, chain blades get people residue in the engine." He couldn't get me out of the tithe, but bought me a commission, for all the fething good that did." She perks up at the suggestion about the smuggling thing. "So you need to see a man about a horse? I got an-"

Dash's eyes refocus for a second and he pinches both nostrils and inhales as hard as he can. There's horrible slurping sound like sucking in a nurglite sized booger and Trix disappears back into his skull in a spray of cerebro-spinal fluid. "That- that uh professional demonhost has a better overall deal" he mutters. There's a crackle on the vox link as her voice broadcasts on Dash's internal commlink. <<As I was saying, we used to be able to->>

Activating the minion's Wisdom of the Ancients to ask what are some common ways to get large bulk cargo off world in a way that's hard to detect, or at least unlikely to be looked for

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"Excellent! Well not excellent, I'm not too keen on my home being destroyed, but it will be a small price to pay." Ursa taps around on his dataslate for a minute, and then plugs it into the vid screen on the wall of the safehouse. "I actually carry copies of the floor plans for my mansion with me. Seems weird, but I did some minor remodeling a few years ago, and with all the different contractors I had to work with, it was easier to keep the floor plans on me."

The Vidscreen flashes a bit while it adjust to the resolution, and then displays two images:

First Floor:

Second Floor:

Ursa begins to point to the screen, 'Okay, so on the first floor the 'guest room' and 'optional guest room' have been converted into housing for the governmental security I have; barracks would be an apt term. The 'two car garage" contains an armored car they have that actually has a heavy stubber mount on it. Everything else should pretty much be as labeled, oh, and my library is two stories."

Ursa scratches his chin and looks at the map again, "Security is going to be tight. Typically when I throw a little gathering like this, security is bumped up to at least thirty guards. Also note that each higher up person I invite is also going to have their own security that I have to allow there. The second floor is typically less guarded since no guests are allowed up there. Any questions?"

Okay, wanted to get a post in before gen con, don't expect another until next Tuesday. Ronwayne: Wisdom of the Ancients says an infamy point needs to be spent to use it. Your minion obviously doesn't have an infamy point, so you have to spend one of yours to use her Wisdom of the Ancients. Just want to confirm that you want to use one of yours here. Likely won't be any refresh until after this whole mansion deal.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yes, I will spend it, considering she's literally hijacking him both IC and OOC

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre Loubieres

"A lovely little thing, Ursa," Pierre says, "very modest." He smiles jovially. "I say we place some explosives in the room above the barracks and use the detonation as a diversion to enter from the other side of the house."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Ghost in the Shell spews a bunch of words at an annoyingly, though not deadly, high pitch. Not every piece of cargo leaving a world is scanned, of course, well not in detail. Essentially most scanners scan for something big that isn't supposed to be there, like warp signatures, some explosive signatures, and organic matter in a non-organic shipment. Even then, if a shipment is randomly selected for a search, they then randomly select parts of the shipment to search, and not the whole thing. If you put a bunch of gun parts spread around a few shipments of raw steel, for example, it is highly unlikely that it would be discovered in a scan or in a random search.

If Pierre could find a bulk shipment of living things, and get the horse inside, it likely would not trigger the scanners, and hopefully would not be found within the shipment. The big problem would be getting the horse onto the shipment unknown, and then getting it once off world, and before whatever cargo hauler it is placed upon takes off.

At the suggestion of using explosives in his home, Ursa visibly cringes. "While I will get the Planetary Minister's residence upon winning, I didn't plan on my estate being totally destroyed. Plus, the security have some of them fancy weapon scanners that would probably detect the explosives, unless you've a good idea."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash

"We could just drill some holes in the support so the first few bolter rounds bring down only that part of it. Plus controlled demo means its easy to repair since we're not hurting the over all structure. If you ahve a sub basement, the entire target area could fall in there, thus allowing us to fire into it, corralling the targets while ensuring a minimum of fire passes through the manor sideways. The house as a whole is saved, and dozens of people die in an explosion/implosion, best of both worlds!"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"I am not fond of standing inside buildings I know are designed to fall down. Can you not just swing in through the windows on ropes, strike a dramatic pose, shout "Hurrah for the Princes of Pleasure!" and then shred everyone into a fine paste?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"I somewhat liked the idea of blowing in a few walls, but sacrifices must be made, I suppose." Vincent says with what is certainly not a small pout that almost immediately vanishes as he gets down to business. "So, the humans deploy into the second floor and our Mainres kick in the front door? Trap them like rats."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Ursa listens in, "Most of the guests will be in the ballroom, conservatory and great room. If you want to do a rapid attack right on the guests, you could attack through the conservatory, or through the library. If you want a stealthier second floor entrance, I could arrange for the laundry room window to be left open. That whole half of the manor around the car port is away from the action, so it will be less guarded, and it has fewer windows looking outward."

okay, I'm sure not all of you want to spend months pouring over this map figuring out where to attack from. So give me an over all "loud" or "quiet" infiltration, and I'll arrange you accordingly. If you all want to do separate entries, one quiet and one loud, we can. I just want to avoid any "meanwhile" stuff.

As a reminder, Pierre and corvax's minion cannot take place in the assault, since they were seen with the rogue trader at the official reception.

Lastly, does father boli wish to attack with the heretics, or to be an "honored guest" of Ursa, being the only survivor of the recent attack at the tithe center?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

quiet for me

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Quiet as well.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Quiet is fine. I'd still suggest the marines go in loud but it's up to you guys.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Will Lucien be with me inside the party? Or is this an 'invited guests only' thing?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Will Lucien be with me inside the party? Or is this an 'invited guests only' thing?

he's allowed to be with you, everyone else will have private security. It just wouldn't look good if he came crashing in with the horrible chaos folks killing everyone.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli would like to be inside. He sees no reason not to enjoy a few canapés and some good booze when its offered.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The plan is set then. Ursa and his aide leave the Astartes and heretics behind to make their preperations in the safehouse. Such a party cannot just be thrown on a whim (Ursa was a politician, not a Noble after all) and it took about a week for Invitations to be sent, and supplies to be provisioned. During this time Ursa's sources went to work on the news media. The attack on the Tithe Center was initially reported as being attacked by persons unknown. Within a week Ursa had managed to get a still shot of the Arbites helmet pictcorders from a source in the Hall of Justice.

The still was of Hashim, in his hulking astartes power armor, flamer leveled at the lawmen. While his illusion may have fooled the arbites into seeing a normal, uncorrupted Astartes, the camera does not lie. With that one still leaked to the media, the newscasts were full of speculation, but one thing was clear; Chaos was on world, and the population was more frightened than when they thought genestealers were running around their sewers. It also did not take long for word of one survivor, Lay Preacher Cesaro Chaviz, to be reported on the news either, along with the fact that he, and the visiting Rogue Trader, were being invited to a party at Ursa's residence. And so the stage was set.

At the Party:

Pierre, Boli, and Lucien are among the first to arrive at the party, being the guests of honor. The security personnel, all in black suits with dark sunglasses, give the three a quick search. Given his status and the ornamental nature of the weapons, Pierre is allowed to keep his power rapier and mono-sword. Lucien, in his power armor and sporting his autocannon, is asked to remain outside, which is odd, since he was allowed into the state-sponsored dinner just fine. It is only after Ursa comes down and argues with his security staff about letting the Rogue Traders "Arch-Militant" in, is Lucien finally allowed entry.

The three spend most of their time in the Grand Foyer greeting the guests that arrive, which is boring fare, except for the fact that some of the guests come bearing gifts for Lay Preacher Cesaro Chaviz. Nothing very fancy or useful like weapons, but a lot of it clothing and the like. Ursa dismissively explains it as some local custom. Right before dinner is to begin, a commotion is heard from the Entry Loggia. Before Ursa is able to investigate, Inquisitor Madrid enters the Foyer.

What is more troubling is attending her is a squad of stormtroopers, a few members of her Inquisitorial cell, as well as two of the Deathwatch Marines. Boli recognizes one of the men as the Psyker that interrogated him while in custody. Ursa quickly approaches the Inquisitor, stating that she was not invited, though if she wishes to stay her armed thugs will have to stay outside. She refuses.

Meanwhile...

The rest of the cell wait until dark to make their way through the estate. Luckily most of it is wooded, which allows the group to make their way to the Mansion without giving away their position. They quickly close the distance from the treeline to the back of the estate, and find themselves below the Laundry Room, the window of which was left open, as agreed. Using some climbing gear, the group quickly find themselves in the laundry room. Luckily, or by design, the washing machines are going in the laundry room, masking their noisy entry. They make their way out of the laundry room and start making their way.

Corvax and Vincent lead the way, with the others behind. The Astartes stops the group when he hears some conversation ahead. They have to wait for a couple minutes while a few of the servants discuss the work ahead for the night, but they eventually move on. The group continues until they make their way to the rear staircase.

Okay, for the infiltration team, you're currently in front of Bedroom 5 on the second floor. You can take the stairs down to the Rear Foyer off the Motor Court or keep making your way to either the Grand Foyer or the rear elevator.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Ursa's Manor Party:

Corvax peeled back some of his cameleoline cloak to get a better look at his surroundings. Not wanting to be overheard, he relied on short-range encrypted vox.

Question: I assume Ursa would have made us aware of any communications tapping that his people would be doing? I understand OOC that the Inquisitor is supposed to be something of a surprise to all involved.

"Well, they'd like us to make an entrance. I suggest we move to the balcony indicated over the Grand Foyer, and drop in. How are things at the party? There was some kind of disturbance in the front of the house."

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 23, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

Question: I assume Ursa would have made us aware of any communications tapping that his people would be doing? I understand OOC that the Inquisitor is supposed to be something of a surprise to all involved.

Yes, and there would be some type of communications monitoring. His security are not under his control. He's sort of like the Speaker of the House, and his guards are like the Secret Service. Communications would be being monitored, though being astartes yours would probably be an encrypted channel. They might not be able to listen in, but they'd detect the transmission itself.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent drops to the floor after climbing through the second floor window, grateful that the droning of the machines drowned out the whirring of servos and thrum from his armor. He tastes copper in his mouth and realizes that he's bitten his tongue. His hand strays towards the sword at his hip before he comes to his senses. Soon

He starts to speak and pauses when his voice comes out as a raspy whisper. He hastily clears his throat before starting again, "I think Pierre would appreciate us coming in at a dramatic moment. Your plan would certainly suit. I can't wait to see the look on the faces of these pathetic sheep right before we start gutting them."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Boli enters the party wearing his best 'bewildered by the luxury' face. It wasn't hard, the place was casually ostentatious in its design, even for a society that considers skulls and fretwork to be minimally acceptable detailing for any flat surface. He welcomes the guests in a stumbling, deferential manner, taking their gifts with near embarrassment before complimenting them on some aspect or another of the design. Hopefully it's enough to convince these people that he's a naive hick from some forsaken pit.

When the Inquisitor arrives, he tries to ignore her and continue talking to the minor noble in front of him, but when the Deathwatch follow through the door he knows he has to react in some form.

Eyes widening, colour draining from his face as he allows his natural fear response to take over, Boli drops the current gift and falls to the floor, prostrating himself and chanting Gorlie's Hymn for We Who Shall Die, a classic piece sung when Guard infantry meet Astartes. Not one of the more popular hymns, but it's a good technical tune for the band and has inspiring lyrics based on the theory that if you meet a Space Marine then poo poo is going down and you are probably about to die a glorious death in service to the God Emperor.