Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

"I... hate... running." Boli puffs as he chases after the blur of Nico dashing ahead.

Initiatives, Boli first +5, Nico +4: 2#1d10 5 9 Boli on 10, Nico on 13

Boli is running towards Horde #2 for both turns, a total of 36 metres on his little stubby legs. Nico 'runs' toward the same horde for one turn, also covering 36 metres, then half moves another 6 metres and misses his Little Death, Focus power vs 40: 1d100 67

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     52      25      50     60     50

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/5      Movement: 3
Armour: 0    Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 30  Parry: 65 (75 with sword)  Stealth: 30 (60 if stationary)  Awareness: 25

Holosuit: -20 to all incoming attacks, +30 stealth and a further -20 to BS if remaining stationary.
Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak (LOADED)       2d10+4X    6    5/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico, the ghost(?)
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Loyalty
20	20	01	40 [8]	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, 
Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually exist, used just as a psychic phenomena sink 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash & Trixie

Dash does what he can and opens fire on one of the Chimeras. The other woman in his life opens its warp twisted mouth and vomits festively colored star stuff at the side of the vehicle, before taking cover while waiting for it to cool down.

Surprise Turn:

Trying to start 100-110m away from the enemy. Trying to shoot at the other chimera not being shot at in its side. Not sure if I can both semi auto and Maximal at the same time. If I can, BS is Half aim+10, Long range -10, BS 50+0 normal range+0 semi auto

[23] to hit, 3DoS=2 hits.

Two hits at base damage pen 14 armor, minus armor, is 15, 7, with a Zealous Hatred on the first one. I am unsure of ZH rules for vehicles/which subsystem I hit, but I roll a [2] to ZH it.

First turn:
Init: Dash 15+2qatd=17, Trixie 6

pre:
Dash
WS   BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
25   50     30    40    60     35      30      35     50     56

Wounds: 11/11        InfP: 2/5      Movement: 6
Armour: 6    Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Chamcloak: +20 stealth and a further -30 to BS if remaining stationary.
Conversion Field: Protection 50,  Overload15

Bolt Pistol       30m   S/2/-  1d10+5E    4    8/8    2/2    Full   Tearing
Demonic Plasma    60m   S/2/-  1D10+10    12  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing
pre:
Trixie, the original party techno ghost
28	37     (38)     38      42      35      29      34      34      70+Reroll
Wounds: 6/6        Movement: 4/6 (Hover)
Armour: 14	Toughness Bonus: 4 
Fear 2
Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, 
Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 
Dodge: 50	Parry: 18	Stealth:  62(92 incorporeal)

Weapon:
Doom Siren   Basic 30m S/–/– 1d10+12E  9 — — Spray
Soul Cannon  Heavy 75m S/–/– 2d10+10 E 0 10†† N/A Flame, Shocking, Warp Weapon

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 15, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As the troops run out of the two barracks and the Chimeras roll out Octuv opens up with a salvo from his heavy bolter into the the side of the Chimera. The rounds shred the side of the vehicle in a matter of seconds. The side of the vehicle crumples, and even the top of the chimera collapses leaving the guardsmen inside exposed to the air. They are exposed for only a second the next bolter round ruptures the fuel tank, causing the entire vehicle to explode in a blinding flash of light and screams. One second there was an armored vehicle there, the next second a smoldering crater.

Edgar fires upon one of the group of guardsmen, but due to them using parked vehicles as cover, he is unable to score a hit against anyone. (I indicated they were hiding behind cars in their front parking lot, giving them 8 more armor, but your three shots shred through some of the cover, bringing it down three to 5) Dash takes aim with his Daemonic plasma pistol and two shots punch through the side of the hull. The remaining members of the group begin to run at their groups of guardsmen of choice.

The troops are so shocked at what has just happened that most of the traitors are able to act yet again. Most of them continue to run to close melee with the two groups. Edgar fires again, this time greeted with some distant clouds of blood as his rounds degrade more of the vehicles used as cover and finally does some damage. The guardsmen don't need their lieutenant to tell time who to aim at, the astartes that destroyed one Chimera in one salvo takes the ire of the two groups combined.However, Despite a couple platoons worth of concentrated fire, not one last gun blast even gets close to the Slaaneshi Sorcerer.

The Remaining Chimera slams it's tracks in reverse and puts the front armor to face Dash. The turret mounted multi-laser rakes fire at Dash, making him wish they weren't in the open, and sends him reeling. Why the hull mounted heavy bolter did not follow is unknown.

Okay, Ran the surprise round and the first round. I rolled hits for you dyne, and you hit during that round too, with one shot getting through the quickly failing vehicle cover. Dash, since your weapon was on recharge, I figured you'd have tried to fire your bolt pistol at the horde, but you didn't even manage to exceed the cover amount on the second horde.

All 11 of the horde shots went towards Dachsund, but they literally all rolled 80's and 90's, you lucky fucker. We are now at the start of turn Two. To keep things sped up, keep doing your rolls, and give me two turns per post if you can, at least for this next post, since half of you will be using this turn either running again, or charging.

Initiative order:
Dash
Edgar
Vincent-18M from horde 2
Octuv
Nico-18m from horde 2
Horde 1 57/60 (3 cover)
Boli-24m from Horde 2
Corvax-12m from horde 1
Horde 2 60/60 (8 cover)
Chimera 2 13/35HI
Trixie

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv knew from the very first moment that, as always, he would be the center of attention. Sprinting to one side, he laughs mockingly as he dances between enemy shots, barely even trying. Skidding to a stop, he levels his heavy bolter again.

"IF I CAN HEAR YOUR SCREAMS OVER MY WEAPON, I PROMISE I'LL LET YOU GO!"

Cackling, Octuv sweeps his fire across the guardsmen and then towards the surviving Chimera, his laughter once again drowned out by the weapon's screams.

-------

Silly guardsmen. Let me show you how marksmanship works. (It works by stacking a ton of bonuses and minmaxing like crazy). If they manage to hit me on either of these turns, I'll use Precognitive Dodge at the Unfettered level.

How many kills did that Chimera (well, the crew) count as for my Shrieking Soul?

(I just remembered that I get +1 movement AB from the armor since black carapace only cancels the enemy to-hit boost, so that's fixed now.)

Turn 1:

Attacking Horde 1:

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50: 81

Full Auto Burst vs 110 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Best +60 Size):: 36, 8 +2 DoS from Unnatural BS, max hits again.

Damage: 18, 6, 4, 9, 3, 10, 6, 6; that's 9 hits with the explosive bonus against hordes.

Actually come to think of it I didn't need to do that damage roll, their cover is utterly outclassed by my weapon's Pen and damage. D'oh.

Turn 2:

Attacking the Chimera:

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50: 31, 2 DoS.

Full Auto Burst vs 90 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Precog Strike +10 Best +30 Size): 16, 8 DoS +2 DoS.

Damage: 8, 9, 6, 6, 7, 9, 10, 8

After +17 damage apiece, Pen 5 against 30 armor, that's 3 damaging shots for a total of 4 damage. Less than I'd hoped for, but I was fishing for ZH anyway. Hit locations for the three:

Hit Locations: 61 29 40

Wait, more shots did damage than I thought, so

More Hit Locations: 16 69;
that's Weapon, Hull, Hull. ZH lands on the Hull, assuming it doesn't jink.

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 4/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Force Field: 36 (1-4 Overload)

WS:   (7)30
BS:   (9)50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (8)40 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      52
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (4), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

Sustaining: Warptime

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+4)[+7]R      2(+4)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 0/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 16, 2016

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Power Plant:

As Corvax pushed forward, the screams and gunfire made hearing anything else difficult. With reckless abandon, he threw himself into the pile of guardsmen, swinging his sword wildly. Any direction meant finding contact with a body from deep within their formation.

Turn 1: Charging at Horde. The size modifier is 60 right now, but I'll leave it out in case my horde gets roughed up before I get there. Just add an appropriate DoS. WS 60 + Best 10 + Charge 20 + Size ??
Turn 2: All-Out Attack (Same, but with an additional +10)
I assume that 21+ Damage is enough to kill any random guard, so I'll not bother with damage. Also not sure how Devastating interacts with the extra hits from DoS and Power field, without my book in front of me.
Charge, then AOA: 2#1d100 65 63

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30  (11)70 (8)40  30   40   30   40    60   51, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 40, Parry 100  Corruption: 40

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o +10 to hit, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

Nico floats a bit further forward, looking around. <<You people all seem tense. Have you tried relaxing meditation? You just need to turn your brain off.>> He looks intently at one man but frowns, and floats around to look at another, who promptly starts shaking violently before falling to the ground.

<<See, this guy gets it, not much juice in his tank though.>>

---------

Judging himself to be in range, Boli drops to one knee, raises his flame cannon, and belches forth a ball of flame to land among the troopers. Without even waiting to see the effects he lets the nozzle drop onto its strap and readies his grenade launcher. The hollow thump of the frag grenade leaving its tube is satisfyingly contrasted with the "Pssssh" of the flamers recharging pressure chamber.

Boli shoots fire at the troopers (I don't really know how this works with the cover. If it all hits that first, then I guess they just no longer have any), then readies and fires a frag grenade at them.
Flame cannon hits: 1d5+8 11
Flame cannon damage: 11#1d10+4 10 14 9 9 6 7 7 8 8 12 9 all pen 2. Do these chaps soak 7 or 8 damage? I really don't know how that didn't jam.
Frag grenade to hit: 1d100 54 vs 25+short+mag, so I assume that does
Frag grenade damage: 3#2d10 7 3 7 Might not hurt anyone though.

Nico touches the mind of one trooper but finds insufficient charge to wreck any guns
2 x Little Death, Focus power vs 40: 2#1d100 89 18

Little death damage: 1d10+8 17 He dies
Little death Haywire: 1d10 2 But the haywire is insignificant

pre:
Boli

Dodge: 30  Parry: 65 (75 with sword)  Stealth: 30 (60 if stationary)  Awareness: 25

Holosuit: -20 to all incoming attacks, +30 stealth and a further -20 to BS if remaining stationary.

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    5/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags    (LOADED)   2d10  X    0    5/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak               2d10+4X    6    5/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico, the ghost(?)

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually exist, used just as a psychic phenomena sink 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent charges, his sword whistling as it cuts through the smoky air. He bring the sword around in a figure 8, not even slowed by the armor and flesh it carves through.

Charge and Swift Attack vs 60 + 20, 1 DOS (80)[url] for [url=http://orokos.com/roll/374988]23 damage
Round 2: Aim+Lightning Attack vs 60 48 2 DOS for 25 and 23 damage

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    30    40     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

Not wanting to be vaporized, Dash drops to the ground, grabs the smoking weapon and fires again, the shot melting off another piece of the vehicle. Putting it aside while it cools, he takes a bead with the pistol into the remains of the first horde.

1st turn
Break free of suppression? Nope
Free actions: Not sure if you'll allow those, at the least I'll drop prone. That+cham cloak= -40 BS to hit me.
Drop Prone, Drop Bolt Pistol, Quickdraw Plasma, half action shoot chimera 2 on maximal, single
BS 50+single shot 10=TN 60= hit, just barely.
[27] damage pen 12 vs 30 frontal is 9 net damage + another Zealous Hatred, result [5]
----
2nd turn:
Drop Plasma, quickdraw pistol off ground in front of me, shoot
Break free of suppression? Nope again
Shoot [37]. I'm assuming with bs 50+horde size mods that's enough for two hits with semi auto. 1d10+4 pen 4 should garuntee at least 1 pt of damage with each hit.

pre:
Dash

Wounds: 11/11        InfP: 2/5      Movement: 6
Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Demonic Plasma    60m   S/2/-  1D10+10    12  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing
pre:
Fear 2

Weapon:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Edgar Drozak
The former arbites grimaces; he'd hoped to peg one or two in the head at this angle, but the wind was against him. No matter. He readjusts his aim to account for this and opens fire once more.

Semi-Auto vs Horde at 110 (50 BS + 60 Magnitude) x2: 2#1d100 33 80 6#1d10+3 4 12 7 11 6 9

This is blast 2, pen 2, and explosive. So if the shot does damage it should net 3 horde down. I dunno how blast works with open cover like a car so :v:

pre:
BS    T     Ag     Int     Per     WP
50    60    42     42      40      35

Wounds: 18/18      IP:  5/5
Armour: 7, All

Good Craftsmanship assault shotgun w/Fire Selector and Extended Magazines
30m S/3/- 1d10+4 I 0 Pen 16/16/16 (max 16) Rnd 2 Full Scatter, Reliable 
 -Barbed Shells (Grant Crippling 1)
 -Regular Shells 
 -Inferno Shells (Flame)

Good Craftsmanship Bolter w/ Extended Magazine, Silencer, Red-Dot, and Fire Selector
100m S/3/- 1d10+5 X 4 Pen 30/30/30 (max 30) Rnds 1 Full Tearing, Reliable

-Metal Storm (-2 Dam/Pen, Blast 2)
-Stalker (-2 Dam, -30 to tests to hear, can only be heard within 15m)
-Hellfire (Toxic 3, ZF on 9, +1 magnitude damage)

Best Craftsmanship stub revolver
30m S/-/- 1d10+3 I 0 Pen 6/6 Rnd 2 Full Reliable

Notable Abilities:
Stuff of Nightmares: Immune to basically everything annoying.
Dodge at 52
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Marksman
Technical Knock
Unnatural Toughness +1
Taste of Home: Grants Unnatural Toughness +2, Unnatural Str +1, lasts 2d10 minutes.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Edgar opens up with his bolter again, squeezing off three shots with practiced precision, not that it means much when you are firing indiscriminately into a large firing line. His first shot fails to do anything except blow up another car, but the final two not only detonate into the crowd and explode a few of the PDF turned guard, but also demolishes the last auto carriage the group was using for cover, essentially leaving them out in the open.

Vincent meanwhile, finally pushes off into the as of yet unattacked horde. He nearly hovers toward the group, and slides over the hood of one of the autocarriages being used as cover. His daemon weapon carves through the flesh of a few of the PDF, causing blood to gather around a few disected torsos. At the same time, having had his fun in utterly ruining a Chimera in one volley, Octuv turns his heavy bolter on the same formation that Vincent just engaged, his yells lost over the sound of the weapon firing, the pain vents engaging, and the vehicles they were using as cover being shredded so badly that they do not even explode, the autocarriages instead appear to melt, along with the PDF behind. Well over one quarter of the PDF present just cease to be, blood and chunks of human remains running off the parking lot like a sudden downpour of rain.

Seeing what Octuv just did to the other formation, the first group that Edgar has been chipping away at attacks the Marine, but true to the nickname of "flashlight" the sustained fire from the one formation barely draws blood. Close enough to really make someone have a bad day, Father Boli lets loose with his flame cannon, cooking nearly as many PDF troopers as Octuv ballistically liquefied. To add insult to injury, Covax enters the fray next to Vincent and in one cleaving blow reduces the remaining guard by a quarter.

Surprisingly, the PDF troopers in the second group do not up and flee, but instead stand and fight. Those not busy fighting off the two melee invaders aim their lasguns at Octuv and do much better than their much more robust counterparts, though those that have drawn their knives against the marine and former noble bodyguard are too busy dealing with the burning and the blood slicked ground to hit effectively.

Having backed up, the Chimera now moves closer, trying to keep its best facing against the Noise marine sorcerer. Knowing he is the threat, it aims at him with the multilaser and hull mounted heavy bolter. The heavy bolter misses, but the multilaser is dead on, it is only by reaching into the warp that Octuv avoids becoming astartes chunks on the sandy ground.

Realizing he is not being shot at anymore, Dash turns to fire on the chimera, but the vehicles uses it's forward momentum to turn out of the way while Edgar picks off more of the formation. Vincent swings around again, and carves up more PDF forces, while the ghost Nico makes cuts short one PDF life.

Octuv looking for revenge, turns the weapon towards the front armor of the Chimera, and is disappointed as most of the bolter rounds bounce off the tough armor, though one seems to get in under the skin, so to speak, and a large chunk of front armor blows away from the vehicle, showing the softer underside. Still afraid of the astartes with the heavy bolter, the horde that Edgar has been taking out single handedly fires more salvos at octuv this time starting to do much more damage as they are starting to find their noisy mark.

Father Boli launches a grenade into the ever shrinking guard group, and makes it shrink a little more, while Corvax lowers the number to an even more laughable number. Those left stab at Vincent and Corvax and somehow one barely grazes the heretic. The remaining number not in melee open fire on Corvax this time. Their drastically reduced number means that the astartes receives a minor injury he doesn't even feel.

This time the Chimera starts moving even closer, but in it's movement it cannot hit anything.

Octuv gets 12 damage, Octuv is down 2 infamy points
Vincent takes 1 damage
Corvax takes 1 damage
Reading the rules on page 349 it says that space marines do one magnatude damage to a horde per DoS on their attack, and Corvax got enough to get 10 mag damage.

Initiative order:
Dash
Edgar
Vincent 11/12
Octuv 02/14
Nico-18m from horde 2
Horde 1 39/60
Boli-24m from Horde 2
Corvax
Horde 2 18/60
Chimera 2 09/35HI (Front armor now 23)
Trixie

[/quote]

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Power Plant:

Corvax continued to revel in the bloodbath that surrounded him. His maniac laughter when a single bolt managed to leave a smoking pinhole in his chestplate likely cut short any celebration that they'd managed to wound the armor-clad madman at all.

"No, this won't do. The power field makes everything all neat and uniform. You don't even have time to scream..."

With a flourish, he flicked the switch on the ornate sword's handle, and the glow and hum of an active power weapon went away. With renewed interest, he once again dove into the formation helmet-first.

Corvax gains Fear 1 from Terrorizer.
I assume that even with the 4-5Dam/Pen lost from turning it off that a hit will still auto-kill, but if not, subbing in DoS should make up the difference.
Turn 1: AOA. Turn 2: AOA, or if my horde's dead, he'll charge something nearby, subtracting 10 from the TN of the second roll.
Once again, these don't account for Size mods.
AOAx2, TN 100 (WS 60 + Best 10 + AOA 30): 2#1d100 75 67

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30  (11)70 (8)40  30   40   30   40    60   51, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 40, Parry 100  Corruption: 40

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o +10 to hit, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Briefly, Octuv stumbles under the sheer weight of fire being directed his way, the barrage of lasers simply too intense to completely dodge. This was still a better future than the half-dozen he'd glimpsed where the multilaser tore him in half, of course. More importantly, it was so good to have an appreciative audience again after all the time he'd spent wandering around the dank bowels of that damned ship. There's nothing more beautiful than stealing the show.

Blood pours into his mouth and leaks through a dozen tiny punctures in his armor's joints, the droplets freezing, vaporizing, or even squirming along the ground of their own accord as the power of the Warp bleeds off him in all directions. Shaking off the dizziness, he lets the anguished psychic cries of the spirits being drawn into his Shrieking Soul invigorate him. He levels his bolter again and lets out a roar of satisfaction.

"YES! GIVE ME MORE! PAIN IS PLEASURE! PLEASURE IS PAIN!"

His aim on the Chimera is dead true, but all the combat training, implants, and madness in the world can only counteract so much agony (or ecstasy, depending on your viewpoint). When he turns to the Guardsmen, his arms give out for a moment, sending the second barrage low and demolishing nothing but the ground.

------

Turn 1:

IP Heal: 1d5+1 2, pfff

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50 64, alright, well, at least I have good to-hit

Aim and Full Auto Burst on the Chimera/Horde 2 on the offchance Dash kills the Chimera, TN 80 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +30 Size): 93, lol

Full Auto Burst vs 80 IP Reroll: 24, there we go, 7 DoS +2 for max hits

Damage: 10, 9, 7, 10, 3, 7, 5

Hit Locations: 42 46 39 47 84 54 84 26

+17 damage per shot, 18 armor after Pen, means the total damage is 44 (9 +8 +6 +9 +2 +6 +4). I doubt it's going to jink enough for the ZH to matter.

Turn 2:

Assuming I'm not bleeding to death at this point after the Guardsmen pincushion me,

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 50 46, 2 DoS

Aim and Full Auto Burst on Horde 2: TN 90 (50 -10 Full Auto +10 Aim +10 Precog Strike +30 Size): 97, well, this has been an interesting set of rolls.

pre:
Wounds: 04/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/5    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Force Field: 36 (1-4 Overload)

WS:   (7)30
BS:   (9)50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (8)40 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      52
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (4), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 4

Sustaining: Warptime (PR 4)

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+4)[+7]R      2(+4)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Mar 3, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

Satisfied that the remains of their group offer no threat, Boli and Nico turn their attention to the other. It would probably be done by the time they got there, but it was always helpful to show willing. Running at armoured vehicles was turning into a habit.

Running towards the other group of guard/chimera. Not sure how far away they are, but Nico moves 36m per round and Boli moves 18m.

Nico causes havoc among guardsmen and people in melee with them, laughs a bit, then in his second turn moves to find new targets in the other group at his running speed (36m)
Little Death, Focus power vs 40: 1d100 13 He hit with more than 2DoS
Little death damage: 1d10+8 14 He kill a man
Little death Haywire: 1d10 5 He majorly disrupts everything technological within 5 metres. Including power armour. Non-primitive firearms are at a -20, melee weapons function as primitive (I have no idea how this works with regards to daemon weapons). Actions in power armour are at -20 and PA movement is reduced by 3

Boli slaps some flame into whoever is left alive there, then spends a turn getting angry that his flamer is broken.
Flame cannon hits: 1d5+8 9
Flame cannon damage: 9#1d10+4 10 11 13 9 10 8 5 7 7 all pen 2. 8 wounders and a jam
Flame cannon unjam: 1d100 47 Faaaaail.

pre:
Boli

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    5/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
        ~~ Frags    (LOADED)   2d10  X    0    5/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak               2d10+4X    6    5/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
pre:
Nico, the ghost(?)

goatface fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Mar 6, 2016

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent face holds a wide smile, occasionally punctuated with grunts and yells, as he carves his way into the rapidly diminishing mob of soldiers. His head throbs in time with his sword swings and his nerves sing with the empathic feedback from the daemon sword clutched in his fist. Bloodskullssoulsbloodskullssoulsbloodskullssouls.

He burst into manic laughter as one of the desperate men finally manages to graze him through his armor. "You'll have to do better than that or you will all soon be skulls at Khorne's feet!" he screams over the wet slap of explosive bolts detonated in flesh, the hissing and screaming of Boli's weapon and its unfortunate victims, and the shouts of men soon to die.

2 rounds of Aim+Lightning attack:
Round 1 vs 60: 26, 4 DoS. Round 2 vs 60: 56, 1 DoS.
I believe I do enough damage base to outright kill these guys. Min damage is 19 with pen 8.

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    30    40     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Still waiting on govtcheese and dyne, but as a reminder, unless they have fearless, a horde automatically breaks and flees once their total remaining magnitude hits 25% of their starting value. Since 25% of 60 is 15, the second horde only needs three more mag damage for them to auto flee. Just in case some of you want to change your tactics to go after the other horde while leaving someone behind to mop up or whatever.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, ok then. Boli and Nico will just run towards the other people.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

<<Taking down the Chimera, I- *beep beep!* Wha->>

<<AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGG*chk*>>

Trixie's voice picks up the comm. <<Between this and the shrieker guy taking hits, suggest we pull back once this trash is dead. And no, I don't mean the trash who's brain I live in.>> She slithers out of Dash's MIU plug, reforms, and drags him to cover.

Overheat, Reroll Overheat

Taking 14 Damage putting me at -3 on my left arm.

"The attack causes energy to course through the target’s arm leaving him Stunned for 1 Round, and the arm
is useless until the target receives medical treatment"

Needless to say, Dash will be sitting out the rest of this fight. Trixie is materializing and dragging Dash to cover out of line of sight.

pre:
Dash

Wounds: -3/11        InfP: 1/5      Movement: 6
*Step Aside

pre:
Fear 2

Weapon:

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 6, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Conversion fields not work on overheats? I mean, it seems both silly, and silly for it not to considering it works on melee attacks.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yes, I was informed that they do not work for overheats.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Thankfully for the heretics, their actual skill at martial combat shines through, well except for poor Dash and his angry Daemon weapon. Octuv gives a repeat performance on the second Chimera, causing the armored personnel carrier to explode in a tremendous display. Vincent carves up a few of the remaining guards of the group he and Corvax are engaged with, causing those that remain to take off running. Some keep running towards the gate, while others go to some of the autocarriages not shot up in the battle and make their way, much more quickly, to the gate.

Between the destruction of the two chimeras, the other group being utterly destroyed, and more potshots from Edgar, the remaining group seem to loose their composure, and while they shoot at Octuv none can find their mark. With all of their ire focused upon the remaining group, the heretics make short work of it. While Vincent and Corvax are out of range, and Dash is being dragged by the thing in his head, between more constant fire from Edgar, and some of the flames from Father Boli, the other group flees taking off after the other, which have already managed to open the gate and disappear into the sandy and rocky terrain beyond.

The group now finds themselves in the main courtyard. Bombs placed, and the facility theirs, save for whatever Mechanicus hold the control building, those who didn't try fleeing after witnessing the carnage outside their windows.

Okay, this is do or die time (for someone). You may choose to detonate the bombs now and make your escape. None will question that your group died in the blast.

Or you can decide to remain and try to draw the Inquisitor and the deathwatch into a trap.

The trap is not required, your mission is already a success; you'll have made enough of a mockery of the current regime's security that Ursa's victory in the elections is guaranteed. Trying to draw the Inquisitor and company in will have no impact on your actual mission, it is purely for your own self edification (which is half the reason to play a role playing game anyway.)

so I am expecting posts from everyone on how they wish to proceed. Either end the mission or Satisfy your blood lust. Given the condition of the party, any tie will result in the group ending the mission.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

<<*Hurrk* I'm biased here, but I advise leaving before the loyalist astartes finish the job here. We've won, lets live long enough to enjoy it.>>

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Panting heavily, Octuv rocks unsteadily on his feet. If the world would just stop spinning, he was certain he'd be able to crush those Deathwatch swine.

"I'LL KILL THEM! Kill... I... no, I'm fine, I'M FINE! I can take them, I...

He shakes his head and immediately regrets it as everything starts spinning even faster . He hated to admit it but those Guardsmen had gotten him good. He'd probably lost a few pints of blood in spite of his superior coagulative system. Any more injuries and he would be in serious danger. As it stood he was probably going to need medical attention.

"No, Dash is right. Let's blow this place apart. We've made our point. Our mission is done here. I've pushed myself beyond my limits. I'm all for excess but I won't throw away my life for bloodthirst."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Power Plant:

Meaningless swiping at the backs of running men had cooled Corvax's urge to prove himself.

"Agreed. We all still have our lives. Let us not push the limit's of the Gods' grace. I would hate to, at the last minute, turn our fiction into fact."

Corvax votes to leave.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 9, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

Boli catches his breath and cracks a few stiffening joints. "If you insist. I'd have liked to see them arrive with my own eyes, but I'll defer to experience." He looks over at Nico, who is in the distance spinning around in circles and shouting at the sky. Thankfully the lack of an immaterial microbead was sparing them his ranting.

"Nico might not agree, had his heart set on fighting an inquisitor. We can probably leave him behind as a distraction, I'm not sure if the power core detonating will even hurt him."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

His sword arm shakes and his head pounds as he tries to get his breathing under control. The sword clearly wanted more blood to sate its unending thirst. If he were honest with himself, a significant part of him just wanted to chase the fleeing men and butcher them. The larger, more rational part of him knew that their group would be facing a new threat soon and that, perhaps in this case, it would be smartest to finish the plan before any of them was killed. He shakes his head, trying to clear the killing haze from his vision. "I suggest that we retreat, given that we have some severe injuries and I haven't, yet, had another hole blasted in my chest." He says, ending with a harsh laugh. "It's been some time since we've had a major engagement where I didn't end up with a new hole in my chest."

Khorne demands skulls, but Vincent is happy with escaping with only a minor cut.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The group decides that they should complete what they set out here to do. With the need for subtly gone, the group quickly make their way to the outflow pipe that they entered from. Once there Corvax takes the crude detonator in his hand and presses the red button in the middle. Almost immediately four small explosions are heard, and hundreds of thousands of gallons of water begin to flood the complex from broken pipes and holes in the ground, turning the entire plateau into a small pool. It was a good thing that the group was here when they detonated the explosives; it would have been quite treacherous to have made their way through that in a hurry.

Thankfully this time the current from the outflow pipe works in their favor, and what had taken nearly twenty minutes to swim against the first time only takes a few short minutes of easy gliding. Once on the sea floor, the heretics start their slow walk back to the waiting ship in a sheltered cave, while everyone watches their chonometers, counting down the minutes. At the twenty minute mark everyone stops and looks up, only for there to be no blinding explosion. Every one checks their chonometers again. Did one of the bombs fail to detonate? If so the entire plan might be lost! However, at 22 minutes, 46 seconds from setting the charges, the sea floor is awash in a bright light for just a fraction of a second, while a distant explosion turns the night sky into blinding daylight. As a visible shockwave is seen overhead, everyone hopes that Ursa was right and they they won't be flash boiled. It appears that therodynamics indeed saves the day, as the group does not even feel the water get the slight bit warmer. The trip back to their waiting boat and civilization is uneventful.

The rest of the stay on the world occurs rather rapidly. The attack was timed to occur only four days before the election. More than enough time for Ursa to spin it his way, but not enough for a full investigation to occur. He takes the full opportunity to place all the blame on the current administration and their fool's hunt for a genestealer cult that did not exist. Ursa promises to create a special division, reporting directly to him, that will root out any remaining Chaos forces. Of course this division would be staffed by those loyal to him, and any Chaos forces actually found will instead be recruited for his own end.

The election is a landslide, with Ursa winning the Planetary Minster election with 83% of the vote. The Ordos Xenos Inquisitor and her forces leave the planet in disgrace, with rumor circulating that she went off to face a tribunal for her failures. The official reports list the attackers of the power station as deceased, not even a daemon prince would have been able to survive such a detonation. The Abominable Sovereign leaves less than a week later, after Ursa is sworn in and has an official state funeral for the fallen rogue trader.

Two weeks later, aboard the station of Vire in the Screaming Vortex

The group finds themselves once again gathered in the conference room that has almost become a second home on Vire. And just like the last time you were here, Aethun greets you all personally, instead of through a meat puppet. "I congratulate you on your work. While the Imperium is none the wiser about what happened on the planet of Memfis, those of power here within the Screaming Vortex are already speaking your names in shadowed places. To bring down an Imperial world and tidy up your loose ends shows that my faith in you was not misplaced."

Aethun then looks about the room, "I am saddened by the loss of some of your own, however. Hashim was a fine warrior, and I am currently concerned about your ability to pass off as Rogue Traders with Pierre deceased. Word has likely spread, and the questionable claim on your Warrant of Trade is now likely even more in doubt. I am currently trying to work out a solution to the problem, but so far I am having difficulty. Be careful going to any civilized planet of note within the Imperium, they very well may have orders to impound your vessel."

Aethun stands and makes a few arcane gestures, and a portal opens up. "I must now bid you farewell for now. I have no current assignment for you, though you might want to contact Gramsh to see if he has some leads on dealing with the Warrant of Trade Issue. Otherwise, you could contact my 'compatriot' daemon princes Jayden, Draven, or the Great Master. Aiding them will in many respects aid my own cause, but remember who your patron is." With that Aethun steps through the portal, and it closes behind him.

Okay everyone, that long infiltration mission is complete!

For orchestrating the transfer of power of an Imperial world to the hands of a hidden agent of Chaos, you all receive 10 Infamy points! Your actions were a grand design taking a great amount of effort, and your names are starting to circulate among the Vortex, and beyond, as powerful agents of Change.

However, your acts were rather covert, and as such there were fewer opportunites to sow corruption among the populace, and yourselves. Everyone only gets 5 corruption for completing your mission.

Lastly, you have learned a lot about yourselves, and acquired and used skills you did not anticipate. you each get 2000 experience points!!

If for whatever reason you get a new mutation or gift of the gods, let me know, I love rolling those things.

Otherwise you all get five acquisitions which you may roll yourselves in orokos.

Once everyone has rolled their acquisitions and indicated what else they are doing in their down time, i will put up a post detailing next steps. It will again involve which prince you wish to work with, so do start thinking of that. Also another option will be to try and work with Gramsh and try to get this title thing cleared up, but that is going to be hard without another pretender to the warrant. So decide if any among you would be proper to act as heir to Pierre. If not, consider a minion of chaos that could do the trick, or lastly, you might have to do a mission to find a new face NPC for your group.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Screaming Vortex, Vire Station

Corvax looked behind him, at his proxy.

"Unless there is a particularly compelling candidate worth poaching, it wouldn't be too difficult to forge a marriage certificate that pre-dates our work for Ursa. Pierre's death is a matter of record, and she was seen in his entourage several times posing as a dynasty factotum."

So, unless people are wanting to do a sub-mission to grab another face, it should be easy to fictionally establish Corvax's minion as the new Rogue Trader stand-in.

That being said, I'm feeling like Corvax is kind of at the end of his road in terms of interesting stuff to do, and we've had some people jump in and out; would it be possible to swap the character I'm focusing on and relegate him to a Superior Minion? Just a thought. If it's cool, let me know what the process would be for that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
After nearly three years I would hate to see Corvax go, but obviously I am not going to force you to play a character you are no longer enjoying.

Feel free to post your new character in the IRC thread. The first or second post should have all the gained exp, corruption, and infamy, including what you just got. Roll standard starting infamy then add.

I'll roll any gifts and mutations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Edgar Drozak

Off to the side of the main meeting, Edgar sits by himself, half-listening as he dutifully uses some make-shift chymistry equipment to mix several odd looking chemicals together. He dumps two different mixtures into a glass ampule and then quickly hooks his air hose to it, leaning back and turning his attention back to the others as the chemicals react and create a corrosive looking fog.

"You guys do you. I'm just along for the ride and for the sake of getting a job done. I've got no pre-disposition towards any of the people we're working with, so I'll throw my hat in with whoever is in the lead." He inhales deeply, causing a horrible coughing fit that causes the flames under his helmet to flare up, his fleshless skull grinning through the visor. "I need to re-arm, though. Spent at least a magazine back there in the factory, and I like to make sure I got enough to hold out for a good amount of time."

Edgar pushes himself to his feet, brushing himself off and slinging his rifle back over his shoulder. "Any of you mind directing me to the armory here? Figure I can clean and service my gun while I'm at it."

XP Spent:
BS +15 1500
Mighty Shot 400
Independent Targeting 500
Bolter Drill 750

Dunno what I want to acquire, but I would drat well love some sort of stalker bolter with accurate. :v: Probably gonna just stock up on different kinds of ammo for my bolter and shotgun, though.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Having spent over a week stuck in the infirmary of the Abominable Sovereign, Octuv was itching to get out of this conference room to go stretch his legs. That, and he had a list of items he wanted to track down. As soon as Aethun jumps back into the Warp, Octuv turns to the others and shrugs.

"I suppose keeping the Warrant in our hands is the most pressing concern. If Corvax's servant can play the role, fine; otherwise we'll need to track down a replacement. I can be quite persuasive, but I don't think I'd blend in too well, heh heh."

He starts towards the exit, humming and mumbling to himself, then glances at Drozak and nods.

"Follow me if you wish; I'm heading there myself. I need to pick up something to deal with hard targets, and I'll have them upgrade my helmet's internals while I search for psy-active artifacts on this station. I'm sure SOMEONE around here has scavenged a few parts off a dead Librarian..."

Taking Step Aside, Psy Rating 5, and Celeritous Sense, banking the last 100.

Acquisitions:

Trade in Legion Bolter.

Psychic Hood, TN 82 (62 -30 ER +10 Single +10 EW +30 Trade) 78

Psy-Focus, TN 92 (62 +10 Av +10 Single +10 EW): 7

BC Legion Plasma Pistol w/ Noxious Discharge , TN 52 62 (62 -20 VR -20 Best +10 Single +10 AW +10 EW +10 Downgrade): 88

Inferno Pistol w/ Slow Recharge, TN 52 62 (62 -30 ER +10 Single +10 EW +10 Downgrade): 41

GC Helmet Augmentations, TN 72 (62 -10 Rare +10 Single +10 EW): 13

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent thought for a long time on the ride back out to Vire. With the loss of Hashim, he was now one of two real toe-to-toe combatants left in the warband. Ridiculous. It was certain that at some point he'd be running up against more Space Marines or other sorts of genetic or warp augmented mutants.

He was torn. On the one hand, he relished the chance to fight creatures that he would have never dreamed of tackling before he had begun walking the Path. On the other hand, he was quite happy not being dead. So, he spent his time practicing in the armory. For hours he would run speed drills against multiple servitor opponents to hone his defensive capabilities. He could not rely on his quickness anymore, he had to pair it with ruthless cunning.
_____
The news of problems with the Charter should not have come as a surprise to Vincent, but it did. "If we wish to continue to operate in Imperial space, we should see to fixing any issues with our cover story. There would be nothing worse than to be picked apart by some Navy patrol." he says, both hands splayed on the table in front of him.

Spending XP on:
Weapon Skill +5
Parry +20
Counter Attack
Agility +10

Acquisitions:
Infernal Star v 44 Failed
Collar of Khorne vs 44 PASS
Talisman of Burning Blood v 24 Failed
Comm-Leach v 54 PASS
Good Helmet Aug v 54 Failed

Got us a comm-leach for the future in case we want to tap into some communications. Also a dog collar.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Screaming Vortex, Vire Station

As if on cue, Lucretia presented Corvax with a writing kit and fresh parchment, taken from a coat pocket.

"Well, if no one else has any objections... I suppose we should see Gramsh to make sure that this is suitable. Or at least 'legal', in his estimation. I freely admit, my grasp of Imperial Warrant law is speculative at best. Rest assured, Vincent, as far as I am aware, the majority of our figureheads remain 'clean'. So assuming we can get the difficulties with this transfer squared away, we're once again in business."

After some thought, I'll stick with Corvax. He's at the end of the line in terms of combat, but there's still a fair bit of room to explore the Slaaneshi stuff. That said, this means a concerted effort to avoid combat in favor of more indirect means.

Also, given some effort (Disguise, the BC set of carapace armor he has), can he pass as a overmuscled, vat-grown human bodyguard? We sort of discussed this a while back in the general 40krpg thread (and that apparently Alpha Legionnaires are shorter and less jacked than other marines?), but I just want to clarify/confirm it either way.

Spending 1850 on Addictrix, Lightning Reflexes, Unremarkable, Acrobatics+10 (Woot, Mark of Slaanesh), Stealth+10 and +20

Forgery Kit, TN 78 (Inf 68, Single 10, Wealth 10, VRare -20, Trading Legion Combat Knife +10)): 1d100 48 Pass
4 Doses of Obscura, TN 68 (Inf 68, Wealth 10, Rare -10): 1d100 75
10 Doses of Manic, TN 78 (Inf 68, Wealth +10, Average +10, 10x -10): 1d100 68 Pass
Demolitions Kit, TN 68 (Inf 68, Single 10, Wealth 10, VRare -20): 1d100 68 Pass
4 Doses of Plas, TN 58 (Inf 68, Wealth 10, VRare -20): 1d100 76

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 16, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"I must say, having torched those guardsmen I'm feeling a bit spicy. I quite fancy doing something loud and simple, outside of the Imperium. The disappearance would fit with our Trader dying, a period of withdrawal to our secretive heartland as the replacement asserts themselves and reorganises to their whim."

Boli does know something about imperial warrants. Scholastic Lore (Warrants), foresighted, TN 62. Our Deche trader just died and had a very public funeral. How is succession managed? Would he have declared it in his will? Would it be set in stone in the warrant? I don't want to find out it defaults to hers.

I will sort xp and items sometime soonish

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
yeah Corvax can pass as human, just his horns are at issue. Gonna have to Hellboy those things. Well at least passing as human in the imperium. Passing in the vortex shouldn't be a problem.

Also did anyone consider using Boli as your new rogue trader? I'll do a post tonight and let Boli test for what he knows about warrants and succession. I'll try to not go all lawyer intestate succession on you all.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

@Horns: Yeah, keeping them perma-trimmed and disguise-kitting them away under hair is the plan for now.

@Rogue Trader Boli: Yeah, I -personally- think it's a good idea, but if Corvax gets to be the real leader of the ship -and- have control of the fake leader, he's going to go with that.
Granted, Boli's probably got enough pull for Corvax to back down if he makes a stink, it's just not something that he'll just suggest unbidden.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was actually about to steer Boli into the magical world of pseudo-tech-priesting. But I can divert into command if people want me to.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

I was actually about to steer Boli into the magical world of pseudo-tech-priesting. But I can divert into command if people want me to.

totally up to you. I only suggested it because you've got some social focus already. Hell, the original Deche warrant was issued to a religious fire brand. You could easily pull that off. But if you want to go heretek do so.

There's nothing stopping you from both, other than exp.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Father Boli spends some time looking at their Deposit copy of the Warrant that Gramsh had deposited on their behalf, or more specifically Aethun's behalf. There are some standard rules when it comes to Warrants. They all have "default" provisions that are in effect, unless the warrant says otherwise. As it relates to succession of warrants, typically they go to the oldest living lineal descendant, unless the warrant says otherwise. Thankfully, this warrant says nothing as it relates to succession. Obviously the original Warrant holder is dead, and had no known children. Given that it is a niece that is challenging the warrant, then there are must not be any remaining brothers or sisters of the warrant holder, as they would have been next in the absence of any lineal descendants.

As such, it would be best to claim that whomever they want to hold the warrant is a child or sibling of the original warrant holder, as they would have superior claim. However, Boli also realizes that if the claim on the warrant is contested, it will likely require some sort of Administrative action to secure their claim, and that action will likely require evidence. This troublesome niece could even require genetic samples be submitted to prove they have a higher claim to her, and therein lies the problem.

How do you get it so that Lucretia or Boli would be able to pass a genetic test? The only other apparent options would be to try and sway and corrupt this alleged heir, or to see if someone with a higher claim actually is out there, and sway them instead.

Boli rolled a 33 on his SL warrants test, so he knows quite a bit. If there are any other questions then post them and I'll determine if they would have fallen within his 4 DoS.

:siren:NOTE:siren: I will be out of town on a work training starting Monday and returning Thursday evening, so I will not be updating next week most likely.

I might bring my netbook along. If I do I might update, but nothing that would require me looking at the rule books.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I spent stuff. A real post will here some time tomorrow.

Weapon Training (Power) [Unaligned] 250
Technical Knock [Unaligned] 250
Command +10 [Khorne] 350
Excessive Wealth [Slaanesh] 250
Intermediate Fellowship [Slaanesh] 500
Intermediate Intelligence [Unaligned] 500 2100/2300

First a nice little weapon upgrade
acq lightning khopesh, tn 60: 1d100 47

Then four abject failures trying to get the same thing.
acq mechanicus assimilation, tn 50: 1d100 92
acq mechanicus assimilation #2, tn 50: 1d100 81 <--- Closer...
acq mechanicus assimilation #3, tn 50: 1d100 79 <--- A bit closer!!!
acq mechanicus assimilation #4, tn 50: 1d100 78 <--- Taking the piss

It doesn't want to let Boli breathe in space :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I lied, spent two days moving the contents of a charity warehouse.

A question: Can she force a claim easily, or is it something that could be held off in a hellish legal quagmire of impossible complexity from which nobody benefits but Tzeentch?

Ok, two questions. Can that actually be a thing? I would enjoy dedicating a legal contest in the same way one would a battle.