Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Father Boli is well aware that legal challenges to Warrant Holders are relatively common, as some feel it is a great way to suddenly become rich and powerful. He also knows that because of that, challengers typically bear the burden to prove the current warrant holder does not have right to a claim. He also knows that it is often solved by doing a genetic test to see who is "closer" in line to the original, or most recent, warrant holder.

Okay, if you want to know about legal quagmires, someone needs to do a +0 Scholastic Lore (Judgement) test, since such challenges are common and a lot of convoluted Imperial case law exists.

If someone gives me a -30 Scholastic Lore(Heraldry) test, you will be able to figure out who else has a claim to the Warrant. The test is so hard because the Deche house is very small and obscure.

If you don't pass these don't worry, there will be other options to dig up this info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Likewise post coming soon

excessive wealth 250
superior minion 750
banking other 1000 for situation needs

Writing up new minion as a seneshel, if you're okay with getting the help, goatface.

Also whatever happened to the giant pile of bolt pistols we looted from the convent?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Go for it. I was thinking of replacing my ghost with a not-techpriest.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"The way I see it, we can bog it down in the courts, but eventually we'll have to sort it out. We then have multiple options. 1: We corrupt the girl. A lengthy process, and a difficult one. Possibly too late already. 2: We kill the girl. Much quicker, but potentially as difficult. Would have to be very sure that it looks incidental and our 'trader' is in no way implicated. 3: We cheat at the test. Either make sure the result is always interpreted in our favour, or make it so we can really stake a claim. I'm not sure how we'd do that though. I think flesh-shapers stop short of DNA remodelling, and I'm not sure if we can find enough familial scraps to start cloning ourselves an heir. Or me an arm."

Boli looks down at his left arm and flexes his fingers. "I have seriously considered cutting off my own arm and having a cloned replacement grafted on. Another option would be mechanisation to the point where the available dna sources are limited and easily cheated internally. But I can't even find anyone to do the most basic of assimilation jobs around here."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Screaming Vortex, Vire Station

"I admire your dedication, Boli. However, while it may be difficult, doesn't bringing Deche's heir into the fold stop this problem at the source? After all, if we kill her, we're just passing the problem down the line."

I'm a little curious how this would be abstracted, since I don't want our murderfolk to be benched while we slowly corrupt someone. Especially if she's still on Scintilla.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

Dash has spent most of the intermittent time flat on his back recovering form assorted third degree burns. The origins of the skin transplants were highly dubious and disturbing, but they seemed to do the trick. After some time he rejoins the others as they discuss their next move. "Greetings again, all, I apologize for my absence, but I think I got a solution to our problems. She appeared over me while I was in the medicae bay and had me sign something which I'm 90% sure had nothing to do with my soul, apparently I'm a lot richer than I thought I was! So without further ado, allow me to introduce-"

"Yes, Captain, I can handle it from here." A small feminine form slides in the shadows next to him. "My name is Jeannette Ashley Montgomery Straad. Captain Leight, (and I'm aware this is the first time anyone has bothered to use his last name since his desertion), agreed to bring me on board. My resume includes service with House Lucre before the unfortunate gellar field implosion incident that landed me here. I'm familiar with the Imperial tax code, legal system, and speak fluent High Gothic. I'd be honored to help you with this little accounting and inheritance issue."

"Ain't she rad? She also told me I'm apparently loaded." "The Captain here was unaware the Administratum has both failed to remove him from the payroll as well as accidentally added a zero to his years of service and seniority. He's been drawing a rear admirals salary for the past half-decade. I've transferred the thrones and put them in a trust to prevent them evaporating into the obscura and whores fund. I realize for him its a form of devotion but yeah, no." "Yeah, its not all great, but hey, this little legal shindig means we're going to steal this ship twice, if only on paper."

Next up, finding an actual picture, but hey, high loyalty senshel with infused knowledge so we don't have to fart around doing legal paperwork. Stats are here and are 90% done. I'm just trying to spend all my traits, but generic nerd bureaucrat doesn't need too many to do her job. Unless Werix approves her being a demonette with Illusion of Normality or something.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The command crew seem to settle on wanting to get the warrant business taken care of. This thing has been hounding them for a while, and now with the very public death of their "Rogue Trader" during their last mission, their tenuous grasp on the warrant was weaker than ever. However, while knowledgeable, the crew were not experts on this sort of thing, so they decide to reach out to the only person they know can help them: Stephen Gramsh. A message is sent to Gramsh, and within a week the group receives a message back to meet him at some coordinates which the ship "navigator" trace back to a back water cargo transfer station near the Expanse.

The trip isn't too long time wise, and within a few days the ship has docked, and meets with their old ally Gramsh in a dingy storage bay made ad hoc meeting place.

"Okay, am I glad to see the lot of you," he says nervously, looking slightly more disheveled since the last time you met him on Scintilla. "This warrant thing has become a giant pain in my rear end. Ever since this heir has come out of the woodwork, she's been having as much pressure breathing down my neck as possible. I ain't stupid, I knew this was an eventuality, and had my story all laid out. Said I never met with the Rogue Trader himself, only an agent, and all the agency documents looked to be in good working order. But the bitch is consistent. There is currently a detain on sight order for your ship. You go to anywhere remotely civilized they will detain your ship as property of the warrant, and that would not be good. Hard to spread Chaos or whatever to a world when you're on ship arrest. Not to mention when they find all those chaos worshipers and astartes among your crew."

He motions for the group to sit around some cargo boxes pushed together into a makeshift table, "Hasn't helped that you boss ain't done jack poo poo to help me out here. Last time I do work for that Aethun son of a bitch. Anyway, you're trying to make your claim legitimate right? So you are going to need to know your players. You seem to know already how the Warrant succession works, so I won't bore you. Long story short, there are three nieces and nephews of the original warrant holder who currently could have dibs on it."

Gramsh shuffles through some papers, "First, you got your current claimant, Jasmine Deche. She's actually the youngest of the three, and should be at the bottom of the list, but well, I'll get to that. Anyway, she's areal holy roller. Joined the Guard, did her time, found the Emperor, became a Priest, was assigned to Imperial Guard regiments as spiritual guidance, became a regular old militant. When word spread of your ship showing up and the Warrant being deposited at my bank, some Cardinals came out of the wood work to back her. They want to use her and the warrant to essentially go on missionary jaunts into the Expanse, and she's more than willing to do so."

He moves over to another folder, "Next we have Jasmine's older brother Jace. He would have a better claim on the warrant due to age. However, good old Jace was actually recruited into a fleet based Space Marine chapter when he was 14. Imperial law is pretty clear, when you get turned into an astartes, you usually loose whatever claims you have to any titles, including Rogue Trader Warrants. Only real exception to that is like the Ultras or the Salamanders, but I don't think we're dealing with either of them."

Finally Gramsh pulls up a third folder, "Now this third one is a doozy. We have Westin Moore, a cousin of Jasmine and Jace. Westin is the oldest of the three, and would have the superior claim on the warrant. Problem with Westin is that it has been about a decade since anyone saw him. He joined the Navy, but went AWOL. Started floating around with different rogue trader crews. Was last seen working with a rogue trader in the Expanse, but again, that was ten years ago. Now if he is still out there, I think he would be an easier mark to convert or manipulate than Jasmine. Hell, she's been spending all her time on Scintilla waiting for word of your ship showing up in the sector. If you're going to get at her on planet, you need another way to get to her. They'll detain your ship on sight."

He presents all three folders to the group, "This is the time I typically would discuss my fee, but I want this poo poo settled so her people backed by the Eclisiarchy get off my back. And this is the last time I do anything for Aethun. rear end in a top hat has left me out to dry on this one. I think you all should watch yourselves around him, but who am I to talk, I ain't got no loyalty to him, maybe he treats you all better."

So Gransh has given you leads on three heirs. You could try to corrupt the gal currently harassing you, you could try to figure out the astartes angle, or you could look for the prodigal son.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Screaming Vortex, Vire Station

Corvax remained standing, despite the generous offer of a crate.

"Well, as interesting as attempting to sneak into Scintilla -again- sounds, I think our best bet lies in the Expanse. The Astartes, even his chapter isn't one of the thousands that makes his inheritance a moot point, will simply be harder to find, harder to sway, and harder to abscond with than this 'Westin', who seems to be on his way to piracy all on his own. He's also the rightful claimant, which will put a damper on the Ecclesiarchy's puppet and her supporters should they decide to press the issue."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Hello Mr. Gramsh." Boli kicks a crate a few times to see if anything runs out of it and then sits down to rest his elbows on the makeshift table and his chin on his hands. He listens to the description of their situation with the occasional nod and grunt.

"The girl is not completely inaccessible, even if we cannot take our own ship it might be possible to wrangle a chartist captain who would deliver some no-questions-asked shipping containers. They are quite malleable once you get to know them. As long as we don't go loud, we might even be able to get out again. The standing heir certainly sounds the better option to me. I have never tried to track down an individual astartes before, I'm not even sure where one would start. It's not like there are bars you can walk into and gossip with battle brothers on r&r."

He drums his fingers on the table a few times. "I suppose we could find a daemon who likes tracking these sorts of people and ask them."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent sits on one of the boxes, back straight as if there were an invisible back to it. He glances from person to person as they speak before chiming in. "I agree with Corvax. I trust Boli's powers of persuasion, but it might be too much to try and sway some religious fanatic or a Space Marine. But I repeat myself."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv remains standing, drumming his fingers idly against his other arm. Pity the girl was so well defended; it was hard to resist attacking the Ecclesiarchy.

"Mmm, well, I would absolutely relish breaking one of the Imperium's faithful, but I suppose we have better things to do with our time, and we need to get this problem with the Warrant dealt with. We'll be best served tracking down the proper heir. It would take far too long to break the will of an Astartes, even if he could inherit. And of course, my dear Gramsh, we'd be fools to actually trust Aethun. In general it's foolish to fully trust anyone, especially daemons and especially the sort that serve the Changer."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gramsh shrugs. "Well it don't much matter to me what route to go. If you're going to try and track down Westin, I suppose your best bet would be to start at Port Wander or Footfall station. He was last known to have been on the Rogue Trader Vessel The Silver Apex, and maybe someone knows the last place she was headed. But like I said, that was ten years ago. Even if you can find the Apex there is no guarantee he is on the ship. Unless you have anyone else you could talk to about rogue traders and the like. In the meantime I am going to be going underground until this thing blows over." Gramsh slides a business card across the table for a Gunmetal City wholesaler. "Once you're ready to have this thing challenged in court, or if you solve it some other way, play an order with this wholesaler for 'eight Hecca Pattern hand cannons'. They don't actually exist, the wholesaler knows that's a code word and how to get in contact with me. Good luck to you all, may the Chaos gods protect and all that."

The group make their way back to the ship. Even if there was someone else to talk too, they still need to pass byPort Wander to get to either the Expanse or the Vortex, so the crew lay in a course for the station. The biggest concern from some of the command crew like Vice-Captain Olivia is that Port Wander is a large imperial star base and known "last stop" of rogue traders heading into the expanse, and there may be a detain order for your ship there already. The plus side being they would keep meticulous records of the comings and going of the ships.

All of this intriguing conversation on where to go becomes meaningless when all the lights go off on the bridge, and the emergency lights go on. Tibur looks at the consoles and barks out a quick report. "Main power from ta engenes is down, we're on 'mergency power. Also gettin' readings of multipool Gellah Filed breeches! We're dead in ta warp, and no one from engineerin' is respondin'!

The bridge crew start running around, manning different stations and readying weapons. Gellar field failures are frightening even on Chaos vessels. Daemons from the warp are often fighting amongst themselves, they often don't care if the humans on board a ship are Chaos worshipers. Before the group start running to the engine room, Tibur yells up again, "Wait a second. We're broadcastin' some sort of message from one of ta astrogation observeatorries. I don't recognize it, it sure don't seem human."

Oh no, you're stranded in the warp! This is a little side activity I've wanted to do since the game started, and I figured now would be a good change of pace.

You can either:

1. head toward the engine room to see what the matter is.
2. Head to the observatory and investigate the source of that signal
3. Split up and do both at once?

Also, anyone can make a -10 forbidden lore (xenos) test to identify the source of the signal. More DoS will let you figure out what exactly is being broadcasted.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

Boli casts a hobbyists eye over the engineering report board, but other than "poo poo be hosed, yo" he fails to pull any significant meaning from it. "Tibur, where are the field breaches? Random places or tactically significant?"

He cocks an ear to the broadcast from the observatorium and shrugs, "I do not recognise that. Any of you? I suppose we could ask Nico if anyone can find him."

Boli will take the tactical advisement of someone better equipped to make a decision, but ooc I think we go engineering to force an emergency warp exit and sort out the fuckers on snapchat when we're slightly less likely to be ripped in half by a semi-ethereal space-walrus.

Nico would have a go at understanding the broadcast, but nobody can find the morose gently caress: Flore (xeno) vs 30 (40-10): 1d100 80

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Abominable Sovereign:

"Then they're either dead, or they will be when we get there, if they keep ignoring our hails."

Corvax started running in the direction of the Enginarium.

"Can anyone tell me what in the hell is actually happening here? Where is Aethun's tech-priest, the one ostensibly in charge of these things?"

Couldn't agree more!
Also, he'll give his +10 "do better!" shout to anyone else's Tech-Use or Lore checks to figure this out.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Ugh, there's going to be such detritus and Warp buildup left behind. They'd better not expect me to clean it up. I've been promoted from janitor duty. I'm done stalking the underdecks flushing out the squirming shadows and mutants."

Octuv's eyes light up (literally and figuratively) as he plunges his perceptions into the Warp. He could feel all manner of vile intelligences swarming eagerly into the ship, desperate for a taste of the souls within. At least today had become a lot more exciting.

"Would a few of you like to join me in finding out what's warbling in our observatory, or should I just follow Corvax? I'm not mad enough to set out on my own, but I'd hate for whatever it is to slip away while we're busy with the engines."

Warptime (Unfettered) vs 67: 23, and I just realized I forgot a bunch of extra bonuses on top of that from all the +psychic stuff I picked up. Whatever, doesn't matter, that's Unnatural BS, WS, and Agi (5).

I'd like to split up and have myself and a few other folks go beat up whatever's in the observatory, but if nobody else wants to I'll just stick with the crowd.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

"If the engines go, we are worse than dead! The observatory is likely a mess, but without the engines we're done for." Dash, well, dashes off. Following a running astartes had a mixed chance of success. On one hand, it meant they had something else to focus on, on the other, it meant you were about to get tits deep in ultraviolence. Oh well, time to test out his new toy.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent trots after Octav, "It's awfully suspicious that we've got this signal going at the same time our engines are acting up. I'll go with Octav and see if we can find out if we have some saboteurs trying to force us to drop out of the warp into a trap." He pauses and turns to address the rest of the group, "Once each group finishes, try and contact the other group and move to provide support if needed."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Tibur looks over to Corvax,, "Uh, well ta Magos usually spends his time in ta Enginarium, so I'd tink he's there. You don't think he's behind dis, do yoos?" Vice-Captain Olivia gives Tibur a look, though what it is communicating is hidden behind her ever present masque.

She herself speaks, "Whomever is at fault is of no real concern, what is important is that we get those engines back online. Without them we are dead in the warp, and we don't have the power required to even do an emergency translation to real space. As for Master Boli's question, the field breaches seem to be random. Emergency power is keeping the Gellar Field mostly up, but the emergency power stores were never designed to keep the Gellar Field running in the warp, so every time a strong enough force prods at a weak enough point, they get through. I am trying to dispatch armsmen to engage the intruders; thankfully we have additional astartes aboard like Master Octuv was until recently, but each breach represents either a large force of enemies, or a strong individual daemon."

With that report, the group splits up. Corvax, Boli, and Dash make their way to the engine room, while Octuv and Vincent make their way to the source of the signal.

Once dyne joins us back again he can decide which group he takes off with. I imagine Octuv and Vincent to make the numbers even, but he doesn't have to.

Signal Group

Octuv and Vincent make their way towards the Observatory where the signal is coming from. It is much closer to the bridge than the Enganarium, but the going is not quick. With emergency power tripped, any of the doors and bulkheads that sealed themselves do not respond to opening, which leads the duo to having to make a few detours. Finally they make their way to a gallery right outside of the Observatory. The scene that greets them is not quite what the expected.

About 24 bloodletters crowd the gallery, busy killing some random ratlings and armsmen. The Bloodletters turn to stare at Vincent and Octuv, they look ready to charge when a bellowing laugh comes from the center of the group. Rising from the middle of the group is a marine that Octuv is familiar with.

His name is Gorsha, and is an astartes crew member, just as Octuv was, until recently. Gorsha had a reputation of starting fights with crew members, and usually fighting until the death. He never hid his disdain for Octuv, being both a mortal follower of Slaanesh, and a dirty psyker to boot. Gorsha bellows, "Ah yes, Octuv, how is licking the boot of Aethun's lackeys going? As you can see, Khorne has gifted me with some of his daemons! After I take your skull, I will then take the bridge, and seize this ship! The halls will run red with blood this day!"

While he is bellowing, Octuv sees a flash of movement out of the corner of his eye, and nods in that direction to get Vincent's attention.

Okay, There is a magnatude 30 horde of bloodletters, as well as a khorne berserker. He has the mark of Khorne and face of Khorne, so if either of you are susceptible to fear, roll me a fear [2] test now! Also roll initiative. He also has whatever abilities a PC Khorne Berserker from Tome of Blood has.

Also Octuv does well enough on an awareness test to see that something is stalking the group. You don't know what, but you did negate the surprise bonus it would have when it makes its move.

Engine group

The remaining three make their way towards the Enginarium. The going is much longer, but easier, as the central tramway leads right there; only problem is the tram has no power, meaning the group must begin the long trip. Thankfully the bridges on such vessels are near the rear, as to travel the full 1.6 kilometers from front to back would be quite the offering.

The group finds themselves with crew members, also caught in the tunnels joining up with their leaders, and soon a small group of armsmen with an Aspiring Champion have joined the march down the main tram station. As They near the Enginarium, they finally run into the tram, and hear the sounds of gunfire erupting from inside the tram. The group cautiously approach the tram, but realize all the gunfire is being directed at the rear of the tram. The group quickly enters and find more crew members shooting out the back of the tram. It is then that the group sees what is between them and the rear of the ship.

A Maulerfiend and Forgefiend have somehow found their way through a warp breach, and are now running rampant in the main tram way, which is probably the only place big enough to fit the creatures. Unless they are going to leave the tramway and go around, the quickest way to the engines is through them.

Okay, there is one forge field and one mauler fiend, stats on page 97 of the Tome of Decay. The Forge fiend has two hades autocannons, the Mauler fiend has two power fists and the tendrils. You also have a magnitude 30 horde of armsmen on your side.

Each of you subject to fear give me a fear [3] test. Anyone with command may make a preemptive Command test to terrify so as to avoid anything the fear [3] might inflict. The tram does provide cover, value of 8. The two fiends are 100 meters away right now, giving you some time time to shoot at them before they (and I mean the mauler fiend) closes.

Also roll Initiative.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent grits his teeth behind his helmet as he sees the opposition that is arrayed before them. He feels the almost unnatural push on his emotions, driving into his mind to where his fight or flight response resides, hoping to crush his will and force him to flee. He ruthlessly suppresses the urge to flee and stands tall, his shout rising to carry across the room. "You call yourself chosen of Khorne, coward!? Are you so afraid of us that you resort to trickery rather than face us head on? Where is your honor? Where is your damned pride? Pathetic."

He draws his sword and backs up, noting the shadows that Octav had gestured to. "Back, funnel them to us." he grunts to Octav. This many opponents would be a true challenge. Throwing himself into a mass of bloodletters would be foolish, and he knew it. Better to force the mass of them to come to him through a chokepoint, where he could rely on his skill and power to stay alive. He voxes the others, hoping that they are finding better luck. "We have a large number of bloodletters and some drat Astartes here. Be aware they plan to take the bridge. We will likely need assistance."

TN: 30, Roll=18; passed Fear. :monar:
Initiative: 12 unless I'm forgetting some bonus Octav has.
Backing up so I can limit the number of bloodletters who can engage me. Defensive Stance focusing on Parry if possible. Counter-Attack as possible. Grants -20 WS to attack me and an additional Reaction (making my total 3).

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    30    40     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Well, poo poo," mutters Octuv. Meeting a heavily blessed Khornate and his crowd of daemons would be bad enough if he was just a Slaaneshi or a psyker, but both? These things were going to tear him in half if he didn't stop them. And what was the best way to stop someone from killing you? Why, kill them first.

The Shimmering Robes draped over Octuv's armor begin to dance even faster in the unfelt winds of change as Octuv draws an unprecedented amount of power into the perception centers of his brain. Suddenly he could taste the blood in the room, hear the twin beats of Gorsha's hearts, and a thousand other distracting sensations. Fear was clawing at his mind and making his limbs twitch, but he could almost completely drown it out with this intoxicating, mind-shattering new ability. He raises his heavy bolter and smiles at the first jab of excruciating pain from the teeth within.

"Come for me then if you dare, slave of the Blood God. I can see so much now, Gorsha, and yet I'm struggling to find a future where you're still alive."

Fear TN 52: 66

Fear TN 52 IP Reroll: 76, welp!

Shock (+30): 121, modified down to 59. Cannot willingly approach the object of his fear, -10 to all tests for the rest of the encounter.

Okay, gonna try to obliterate Gorsha. Activating Celeritous Sense as a half-action, then Precognitive Strike and Full-Auto Burst.

Initiative: 19

Celeritous Sense (Unfettered) vs 82 (52 +25 FP +5 Hood +10 Focus -10 Fear): 36, sustaining 2 powers reduces both powers to PR 4, so that's +20 to all perception and evasion tests. And because that's +20 to all Perception tests, here comes the real bullshit.

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 80 (40 +25 PR +20 Celeritous Sense +10 Focus +5 Hood -10 Fear -10 Difficulty): 78

Full Auto Burst vs 65 (50 +10 Short Range +25 Precognitive Strike -10 Fear -10 Full Auto Burst):: 66

Full Auto Burst vs 65 IP Reroll: 48, 2 DoS +5 from Unnatural BS means 7 hits.

Heavy Bolter Damage, Pen 5: 21, 27 (ZH), 23, 23, 22, 21, and going off the hit chart that's Body, Body, Arm, Head, Arm, Body.

Heavy Bolter Damage, Pen 5 (one last hit): 20, but I'll replace that damage with the DoS on my attack roll for 24 damage to the Body.

Zealous Hatred: 1, The explosion flings the target backwards 1d5 metres. The target is knocked Prone.

Holy poo poo there are so many dice involved in an Octuv turn. Anyway, good luck Gorsha! Hope you have amazing dodge skills or infamy to burn!

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 4/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54
Force Field: 45 (1-5 Overload)

WS:   (7)30
BS:   (9)50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (8)40 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      52
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (5), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,
Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Sustaining: Warptime and Celeritous Sense (PR 4)

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+5]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+5)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Psy-Focus: +10 to FP tests.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 8, 2016

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Abominable Sovereign, Engines:

"Well, if they had to breach somewhere, I can see why it might be here..."

Corvax walked forward and drew his blade.

"I can hear it. Even over the roars of those machines. Feet refusing to firmly plant themselves in opposition to what may destroy our ship entirely. Go ahead and try to run. It won't be for your life. Because if Lucretia doesn't shoot you in the back on your way out - and you ought to hope she does - I'll hunt you down as the ship burns around us."

He took a moment's glance backward, where not a single man or woman disobeyed him.

"I can't wait. Not quite that ridiculous dark eldar flesh pile. Not quite a tank. But I've beaten both."

Initiative,Initiative. Pick Best.: 2#1d10+3 11 8
I'll spend an infamy on my own fear test. Fear Test, TN 40: 1d100 14
Oh well, wasted point. Okay, here's Terrify. Terrify, TN 75: 1d100 33
Good Stuff. 5 DoS. Willing to spend an infamy point for an additional DoS if he makes the same.
In case of Command failure - PCs get +10 vs Fear from Radiant Presence, NPCs get that and re-rolls due to Iron Discipline.
And I'll Inspire the shooty people this round, since my ranged options are... hilarious at best.
Inspire, TN 75: 1d100 58
And an additional +10 to the Aspirant, if he's got a weapon that can reach. At least the armsmen can probably shoot it at Long Range.
Lucretia gets in cover and full-round aims.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30  (11)70 (8)40  30   40   30   40    60   68, 6/6 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 40, Parry 100  Corruption: 45

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o +10 to hit, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"I, uh, hmm." Boli looks down at his weapons, even his new power sword looked like a toothpick. "I'm not sure I can actually hurt those. I only carry six krak grenades, and those are barely enough to hurt a Sentinel."

Nico floats beside him, having been found and chastised for engaging the invaders in conversation rather than trying to kill them. He just shrugs, <<I don't know why you're so worried, they're all good lads really.>>

fear 3, reduced to 2, vs 50: 1d100 57
fear 3, reduced to 2, vs 50, UW reroll: 1d100 58 nnnope
shock, 1 dof: 1d100+10 86

So, if I'm reading the rules right, I can adjust that down by my Infamy total, not the bonus, taking it down to 36, meaning Boli is at a -10 to all tests until he snaps out of it.

Nico doesn't do fear.

Initiatives, Boli first +5, Nico +4: 2#1d10 8 7 So Boli is on 13, Nico on 11.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

Dash peers over the tram's edge and feels distinctly sorry for choosing to go help with the engine room. "How in the warp is tha- I-" Corvax's booming voice snaps him out of it and he shakes his head, dislodging a torrent of metallic sludge that coalesces into Trixie. "Game face on, girl" He slings off the bag on his shoulder and pulls out a modified heavy weapon, well, formerly heavy. The battery appears to have been sawed in half along with the removal of most of the internal structures. Any loyalist techpriest would've screeched at the sight of the hackjob Dash had purchased from the heretek. It was time to see if he got his money's worth.

I'm hoping Terrify works on PCs, If not, I'll reedit to a fear response. Trixie is immune to fear, thankfully.

Dash Init: [10]
Trix Init: [7]
And apologies for being so late with aq tests.

Acquisitions:
Multilaser w/ammo glutton+suspensors: Success
Black blood: Fail
x4 mags Stalker Bolts: Fail
x4 mags Stalker Bolts, 2nd try: Success
x4 dose Stimm: Success

pre:
Dash
WS   BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
25   50     30    40    60     35      30      35     50     56

Wounds: 11/11        InfP: 6/6      Movement: 6
Armour: 6    Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Chamcloak: +20 stealth and a further -30 to BS if remaining stationary.
Conversion Field: Protection 50,  Overload15

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Bolt Pistol       30m   S/2/-  1d10+5E    4    8/8    3/3*   Full   Tearing
Multilaser       150m   –/–/5  2d10+10E   2   50/50   2/2    2 Full Reliable
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags
pre:
Trixie
WS	BS	S	T	Ag	Int	Per	WP	Fel	Loyalty
28	37     (38)     38      42      35      29      34      34      70+Reroll
Wounds: 6/6        Movement: 4/6 (Hover)
Armour: 14	Toughness Bonus: 4 
Fear 2
Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, 
Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 
Dodge: 50	Parry: 18	Stealth:  62(92 incorporeal)

Weapon:
Doom Siren   Basic 30m S/–/– 1d10+12E  9 — — Spray
Soul Cannon  Heavy 75m S/–/– 2d10+10 E 0 10†† N/A Flame, Shocking, Warp Weapon

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I know I said I was going to update today, and I probably will, but I an Paging Dachshundofdoom!

You did your fear test wrong, and I didn't notice it until looking over goatface's post.

Page 277 says that Black Crusade characters adjust their roll on the shock table by their infamy characteristic. That means your full infamy, not your infamy bonus, which is the 10's number. So you should be able to adjust the fear roll by 62, bringing you down to 59, which is can't approach the Khorne Marine and take -10 on tests, but can act normally.

If you haven't updated your post by this afternoon, I'll just update the group fighting the fiends. I want to give you a chance to post what you really want to do.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Tram Line Showdown

The group takes cover in the un-powered tram. As the armsmen (along with Boli and Dash) consider fleeing Corax stands and makes his threat; it seems to work, ans everyone stays in place. The Maulerfiend, seeing delicious morsels within the metal can near-by runs towards it. The Forgefiend tries to cut the can open, but with his close combat oriented friend in the way, his autocannon rounds (thankfully) go wide.

The small group of armsmen however, are much more accurate. While most of the las shots bounce harmlessly against the foul beast, some sparks are seen to fly as the sheer volume of hits find some weak points. Thankfully, the Aspiring Champion has an astartes sized plasma gun, and flips it on Maximal setting, and lands two blows on the beast. Armor can be seen melting under the heat of two blue suns, and the beast howls in pain.

Corax's terrify works, so the fear effects of the fiends are negated, so ignore any negative penalties you rolled. These things are size (7) so +30 to hit them. Hordes did some token damage. The Aspiring champion much more so.

ini:
Boli:13
Corax: 11
Nico: 11
Dash: 10
Maulerfiend 31/45: 10 (40 meters away)
Aspiring Champion w/ plasma gun and power sword (10)
Forgefiend: 8
Trixie: 7
Mag 30 horde of armsmen: 6

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

Doubting the efficacy of his own equipment, Boli decides to try directing the armsmen. The champion was doing well, and the massed fire seemed to be working.

"Excellent shooting, Mr. Volcens, I see great things in your future!" Boli shouts approvingly over the roar of exchanged gunfire. He pulls out his old sword and points it at the Maulerfiend shouting down at the armsmen, "The armour there has slagged, focus your fire and we should penetrate the hull. You in the red and black shirt, switch that lasgun to overload you idiot, this is no time to be worrying about saving charge packs."

It's only once he turns back to look at the huge machine bearing down on them that he realises his holo-field will have blurred his pointing into a meaningless blob. Still, they seem to have got the point.

Nico floats off to one side, to gain a clearer view of the Forgefiend, then he looks at it intently. A cloud slowly materialises above it and then explodes into a dozen ghostly heads. They cluster around the daemon engine and begin criticising the paintjob, weapon loadout, quality of unholy symbols, shambolic binding rituals that would only hold an idiot, all that sort of stuff. Nico nods approvingly.

Boli uses Serpent's tongue to remember the shipboard dialect, then uses Command to inspire the armsmen and give them a +10 on their next attack.
Nico uses Harrier Imps on the Forgefiend, because those guns will hurt.

Also I named that aspiring champion Volcens.

Serpent's Tongue, armsmen and junior crew, vs 65: 1d100 59
Command, inspire, with Peer (2), vs 95: 1d100 59
Mockery, forgefiend, vs 50: 1d100 12

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     57      25      50     65     50

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/5      Movement: 3
Armour: 0    Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 30  Parry: 65 (75 with sword)  Stealth: 30 (60 if stationary)  Awareness: 25

Holosuit: -20 to all incoming attacks, +30 stealth and a further -20 to BS if remaining stationary.
Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    5/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    5/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    5/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Lightning Khopesh ---   ---    1d10+7E    4    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Flexible, Power Field
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico, the ghost(?)
20	20	01	40 [8]	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Immunity: Physical (non-force/warp) Weapons, Poisons, Disease, Suffocation, Bleeding, 
Stunning, Fear, Insanity, Pinning, Mind Control, non-destroying-criticals not caused by Holy/force/psychic 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually exist, used just as a psychic phenomena sink 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Corvax moved forward, careful to not leave himself open with a full-on sprint.

"Prepare to repel it, it won't be 'on the way' forever..."

Echoing his thoughts, Lucretia scrambled to find a closer position where she could bring her short-range pistols to bear.

Corvax full-moves 8m towards it.
RT's +10 to the Aspirant, if he's got a weapon that can reach.
Lucretia half-moves 8m to closer cover and aims at the Maulerfiend.

pre:

The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
Relevant Traits/Talents
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie

Oh, hey, it looks like it wants to make friends. Trixie lets loose an ear piercing shriek that doesn't appear to phase it in the slightest. Dash's gun fires nonstop and almost a half dozen bolts of anti-light vehicle fire impact the thing before it hits their lines.

Dash: BS 50-10FA+10Half aim+30 Size+10 short range=TN 90. [18]. 5 hits from the multilaser
Trixie: miss

pre:
Dash

Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags
pre:
Trixie
Fear 2

Weapon:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Observatory Woes

Octuv lets loose with a barrage of bolter rounds at Gorsha. As the first of the many rounds fly towards the Khornate, he simply vanishes. The rest of the rounds fire forward into empty space. A slight shimmering is seen a few meters away from Octuv as Gorsha suddenly appears between Octuv and Vincent. Gorsha gives a laugh, "Fool! Khorne has blessed me with numerous little toys, and as is his will, my displacement field has sent me to you!" Recognizing the marine as a threat, Gorsha charges at Octuv, twin chain axes out. Octuv's robes deflect one of the attacks, but three land.

Or at least in one reality they would land. However, given Octuv's enhanced perception of space and time from the warp, he is able to quickly sidestep the blows. However, he has barely any time to recover as the Bloodletters rush into combat. Exhausted by using his whole psychic might to defend against Gorsha, Octuv must rely on his Shimmering robes. They assist in driving aside some of the attacks from the horde of bloodletters, but the shimmering of the robes dims from one particularly nasty blow. Thankfully, while he may be psychically exhausted, he is not physically exhausted, and his warp enhanced reflexes allow him to quickly dodge the blows.

Okay, so Gorsha's displacement field triggers on the first shot, teleporting him 23 meters in your general direction, giving him charge distance. He gets 3 hits from his swift attack charge. Shimmering field blocks one, and I activated precog dodge to get you out of the other blows. Bloodletter horde charges, also has swift attack, and lands 4 hits. Shimmering robes block one with a roll of 03, causing them to overload. Other two hits land doing 3d10+13 pen 10 damage. First hit does 21 damage after pen and TB, other does 16 damage, for a total of 37 damage.

Queue an internal debate with one side of me going, "you threw a powerful elite enemy horde at him to shred and he ignored it anyway, he deserves it" while the other side goes, Holy poo poo dude, there is a reason they say do hordes with troop level enemies not elite."

The more lenient side won out, so I went with only the highest die from each roll. This essentially means you were hit by effectively a single bloodletter with a normal swift attack on the charge. So then they did 14 damage and 12 damage after TB each for a total of 26. That still puts you at -12 wounds. The attack roll was hit the left leg.

Then I took one last look at your character sheet and noticed step aside. Thank Slaanesh you had that and your warp time, or else you would have been DEAD.

Ini
Octuv 19 -In melee with Gorsha and Bloodletters.
Gorsha 13
Bloodletter horde 13
Vincent 12 -within charge range of the giant clusterfuck.

Tram Line Showdown

Father Boli does what he does best, and gives a rousing speech, which actually seems to rouse the spirits of the armsmen. Volcens points at the Maulerfiend, "What the blurry old man said! If that thing closes into melee range, I'll throw the weakest of you at it!" Corax jumps from the tram out into the open, while Nico uses small deamons to annoy a much larger one. Dash braces the multilaser and fires at the Maulerfiend, lacking the extra kick of the variable power settings, the five shots glace off the daemon engine, although some of the armor shatters away, and the daemon-engine glares at Dash. It then runs right toward the tram, finally slamming into the back of the thing.

With the creature right next to the tram, Volcens strikes with his power sword, but the blow seems to do nothing to the creature. The forgefiend yells at the imps, who continue to mock it. Angry it fires in rage at the arms men, but all the shots do is continue to shred down the metal tram. With the creature right up close, it is hard for the armsmen to miss, though the tendrils flaying around the creature seem to take the brunt of the hits; though one powerful barrage causes it to scream in rage.

Though it's eyes remain locked on Dash.

I pictured everyone at the back of the tram, pointing out the window, so I took Corax's desire to move 8 meters closer as jumping out the back of the tram. If that isn't what you meant, let me know. Dash managed no damage but got two critical results. First was distracting blow, so it will target Dash with his next attack. The other was ablative strike, peeling off 5 armor points, bringing it down to 11 armor.

ini:
Boli:
Corax:
Nico:
Dash:
Maulerfiend 21/45: 11 armor (at rear of tram)
Volcens w/ plasma gun and power sword (10)
Forgefiend: 100 meters
Trixie:
Mag 30 horde of armsmen: 6

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv takes a step back and pivots on one heel with disturbing grace for his size, turning the momentum of his dodging into a spinning backstep. His robes hang grey and useless on his frame, but he is untouched. He's on the verge of uttering another insult and firing into the crowd again, confident that he can't miss at this range, when he feels a disturbance in the Warp. Everything stops for a moment. What starts as a few dots of fire hanging above the Champion and his daemons resolves itself into a sneering, fiery face somewhere between a bull and a dog. It looks down on the Noise Sorcerer with absolute contempt and roars in a voice that tears into Octuv's soul like a chainaxe.

[YOU SNIVELING, VILE COWARD, LET'S SEE YOU FACE MY CHAMPION WITHOUT YOUR TRICKERY]

The face vanishes, time resumes its flow, and Octuv screams in agony as the Warp energy he is channeling forcibly tears itself out of his body. He reflexively fires the bolter, but his blind fire only sends shells exploding uselessly against the walls or floor. He sinks to one knee, reaches up, and pries off his helmet clumsily with his one hand. Tattoos, piercings, and more disturbing modifications made specifically to torture the wearer almost completely obscure the once-regal features passed down by Fulgrim. He gives Gorsha a smile with a mouthful of teeth filed to points.

"I know when I'm beaten, Gorsha. The God of Battles clearly favors you. I ask you to spare my life. Would you like me to grovel for a while, or can we just get on with this? The crew knows that I'm a member of the ship's primary warband. It will be much easier for you to get to the bridge and take it if you have me with you."

Did Gorsha test against Fear (3) from my Pain Vents, or is this jackass also immune to Fear effects?

Disengaging to 2 meters away from the Bloodletters, attempting to pass an Acrobatics test to do it as a Half-Action, spending an IP to add +10.

Disengage Acrobatics vs 40 (-10 Fear +10 IP): 93

Disengage Acrobatics vs 40 Reroll: 40, it's nice to have my IP expenditures vindicated.

Precognitive Strike and Full-Auto Burst at Gorsha, but (assuming I hit) I'm only allocating one hit to him.

Precognitive Strike (Unfettered) vs 80 (40 +25 PR +20 Celeritous Sense +10 Focus +5 Hood -10 Fear -10 Difficulty): 11, Psychic Phenomena!

Psychic Phenomena: 68 67, +10 from sustaining two powers means that's double Perils so I have no choice but to experience...

Perils of the Warp: 24, "Soul Sear: Warp power courses through the psyker’s body, scorching his soul. The psyker cannot use any powers for the
next hour and gains 2d5 Corruption Points." Welp!

Corruption: 7

Full-Auto Burst vs 60 (50 +30 Point-Blank -10 Full Auto -10 Fear): 69

Full Auto Burst vs 60 Reroll: 77

Alright, the dice have utterly screwed me over so far, so I'm not going to roll anything yet, but I'll make Charm/Deceive tests if you want me to. Mostly I'm interested in short-term survival, but if I can get him to drop his guard and Vincent gets away I'm absolutely going to whip out the Shrieking Soul and nuke his rear end.

Edit: Just realized that Vincent would actually be completely immune to the Shrieking Soul attack because of his Collar of Khorne, so running is not necessary!

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 1/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

WS:      30
BS:      50
Ag:      40 

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Unnatural WS, BS, and Agility (4), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam                  Pen       Clip        Rld        Qualities

Legion Heavy Bolter          150m    -/-/8      1d10+12[+5]X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Inferno Pistol                10m    S/-/-      2d10+10[+5]E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---      ---       1d10+4(+5)[+7]R      2(+5)      ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 05:57 on May 19, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli and Nico

"Hold steady and keep firing!" Boli shouts as he puts his back to a tram strut. The armour was looking weak, the target was right in front of him. gently caress it. He slaps the krak cylinder into place, brings the grenade launcher to his shoulder and fires at what he hopes is an exposed internal mechanism.

It might have been, they'll never know. A thrashing tentacle flashes out and the grenade is whipped into an early explosion.

---

Nico, seeing his friendly imps having a good time, decides to go and join them.

krak grenade to hit, vs 25+10+30+10 (75): 1d100 83 Rerolling that poo poo
krak grenade to hit, reroll, vs 25+10+30+10 (75): 1d100 84 hahahahaha, it keeps doing this +1 thing to me :(

Nico runs 36 metres towards the forgefiend.

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     57      25      50     65     50

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/5      Movement: 3
Armour: 0    Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 30  Parry: 65 (75 with sword)  Stealth: 30 (60 if stationary)  Awareness: 25

Holosuit: -20 to all incoming attacks, +30 stealth and a further -20 to BS if remaining stationary.
Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    5/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Lightning Khopesh ---   ---    1d10+7E    4    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Flexible, Power Field
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Nico, the ghost(?)
20	20	01	40 [8]	40	40	30	40 [8]	29	70 

Wounds: 16/16        Movement: 6 (Hover)
Armour: 0	Toughness Bonus: 8 
Dodge: 40	Parry: 10	Stealth:  70

Weapon: Warp Staff, 1d10 I Balanced. Doesn't actually exist, used just as a psychic phenomena sink 

The Little Death... (neural storm): Half Action, Challenging (+0) willpower test
Range: 20m
1d10+8 Energy Damage, Pen 4 (Shocking or Haywire(5), both if by 2 degrees of success)

Mockery of the Damned (Harrier Imps): Half Action, Ordinary (+10) Willpower test, Sustain as a Free Action 
Range: 100m
Target has -10 on all tests until they spend a half action and succeed on a +10 intimidate test.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent blinks, surprised to find himself still alive. None of the attackers had even targeted him, instead focusing all their efforts on bringing down Octav.

Their mistake.

Aim+Lightning attack on the marine
Lightning Attack TN: 60. 32 3 hits (I'm honestly unsure of my weapon's quality so I've been treating it as common)
Damage: 3#1d10+18: 3 # 27 [1d10=9] 24 [1d10=6] 25 [1d10=7]

pre:

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

"Life sometimes has a way of making problems solve themselves, it seems."

As Corvax rushed in along with the aspirant to educate him in the use of a power sword, his proxy fired a small volley of crystal darts.

WS 60 + Charge 20 + Size 30 + Best 10 (TN 120): 1d100 5 12 DoS.
BS 40 + Aim/RedDotSingle/Accurate 40 + Size 30 (TN 110): 1d100 40 8
BS 40 + RedDotSingle 20 + Size 30 (TN 90): 1d100 58 4
Power Sword d10, Shot 1, Shot 2: 3#1d10 1 6 3
So that's 32E, Pen 8 for Corvax's swing -and- 14 and 10, Pen 10, Crippling 6 from Lucretia's darts. Yay for DoS subbing for damage!

pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 05:58 on May 20, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Observatory Woes

Gorsha gives out a hearty laugh as Octuv gives himself up. "You followers of Slaanesh are so weak. Weak and stupid. I am a worshiper of Khorne, I care only of spilling your blood and taking your skull! Unlike your god, mine does not delight in the slow and delicate. I should take your skull right now!" He waves his hands at Octuv, and the bloodletters descend upon him. They hold him down. What weapons can be removed from his person are taken and thrown about the room. When it comes to the heavy bolter growing from his arm, one of the bloodletters hack and slack at some of the organic bits, and Octuv just knows that the weapon cannot fire in its current state.

Gorsha raises one of his axes into the air. "A Slaaneshi Sorcerer. That is a two for one right there. Khorne will surely grant me a greater boon for delivering your skull to him than just a group of bloodletters. It will be a greater boon when the rest of your allies are also delivered up!" Just as he is about to deliver the final blow to Octuv, Vincent attacks from behind. The Marine's displacer field once again activates. He flashes out of existence, and emerges a short distance away, his back to the group and looking away.

Okay, Gorsha was not expecting that activation as it came from behind, so he is unable to act for one round while he tries to regain his senses.

Octuv: 1, the entire horde of bloodletters are grappling you. I am treating this as a grapple where they have control as of right now, and have the assistance of two people. I am treating the entire horde as grappled, so if Vincent wanted to step in and wail on them, he would get the +20 WS bonus per page 243.

2. Your heavy bolter has been disabled by the bloodletters hacking at the fleshy bits. Essentially you are treated as having a crit 5 to that arm from the impact table. Essentially it (and the gun) are useless until you receive medical attention. Or maybe a tech use? Damned cyborgs!

Ini
Octuv 19 Grappled by bloodletters
Gorsha 13 11 meters away, cannot act for a round.
Bloodletter horde 13 grappling Octuv
Vincent 12 -within charge range of the giant clusterfuck.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Trixie
"Heh heh, nice doggy, good doggy...oh drek" Dash rolls just out of the thing's immediate reach and holds down the trigger, las fire sparking off its hide, or whatever. Trixie meanwhile farts out of reality and tries to get some space as well.

Dash: Acrobatics to disengage as a half action: success.
BS 50-10FA+30 Size+30 point blank range=TN 100. [28]. Another 5 hits from the multilaser
Trixie: De materialize half action and half action move away.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

* +4 Stalker Bolt mags
pre:
Trixie
Fear 2

Weapon:

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv tenses up and strains against the dogpile of daemons, about to dislocate a few limbs so he could slither out from under them. One of the Bloodletters immediately presses its Hellblade to his neck and snarls something in Daemonic. Flesh sizzling under the blade's touch, Octuv realizes he's not getting out from under them and relaxes again. At least, he relaxes as much as it's possible to when you're pinned under daemons that desperately want to murder you.

Acrobatics (Contortionist) vs 40: 95

Acrobatics (Contortionist) vs 40 Reroll: 45

Nope, still grappled, oh well.

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 0 Head, 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 0/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 9/18/27/54

WS:      30
BS:      50
Ag:      40 

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades. Helmet currently removed.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Edgar Drozak

Edgar had held back. The space marine and demons were something a bit above his paygrade, but only if he took them head on like the others. Nurgle was a god of patience and waiting, and it paid off. Once the Slaaneshi was pinned, he knew it was his time to shine. He took a deep hit off of his special brew and shuddered, feeling his skin crawl and his nerves deaden. He stepped out from his hiding place in the hallway and whistled to make sure he had a clear shot at the writhing ball of daemons, and he opened fire. Three green, smoking bolts rocket out of his weapon and strike into the horde, exploding in a green, acidic mist that hopefully puts a good burn on the daemons and makes Octuv's life eaier.

I now have Unnatural Toughness 3 for 8 minutes. I am using the Hellfire Rounds on my bolter.

Initiative: 1d10+5 9
Drug Duration in Minutes: 2d10 8
Semi-Auto vs Horde (65 + 30 Horde + 10 Range): 1d100 69 +1 DoS for Bolter Drill for 3 hits
Damage, Pen 4, Toxic3, ZF on 9, +1 magnitude damage from Hellfire, +1 magnitude damage from Explosive: 3#1d10+8 16 9 14

Should be 9 magnitude damage if I'm lucky.

pre:
BS    T     Ag     Int     Per     WP
65    60    42     42      40      35

Wounds: 18/18      IP:  5/5
Armour: 7, All

Good Craftsmanship assault shotgun w/Fire Selector and Extended Magazines
30m S/3/- 1d10+7 I 0 Pen 16/16/16 (max 16) Rnd 2 Full Scatter, Reliable 
 -Barbed Shells (Grant Crippling 1)
 -Regular Shells 
 -Inferno Shells (Flame)

Good Craftsmanship Bolter w/ Extended Magazine, Silencer, Red-Dot, and Fire Selector
100m S/3/- 1d10+8 X 4 Pen 30/30/30 (max 30) Rnds 1 Full Tearing, Reliable

-Metal Storm (-2 Dam/Pen, Blast 2)
-Stalker (-2 Dam, -30 to tests to hear, can only be heard within 15m)
-Hellfire (Toxic 3, ZF on 9, +1 magnitude damage)

Best Craftsmanship stub revolver
30m S/-/- 1d10+6 I 0 Pen 6/6 Rnd 2 Full Reliable

Notable Abilities:
Stuff of Nightmares: Immune to basically everything annoying.
Dodge at 52
Mighty Shot
Bolter Drill
Independant Targeting
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Marksman
Technical Knock
Unnatural Toughness +1
Taste of Home: Grants Unnatural Toughness +2, Unnatural Str +1, lasts 2d10 minutes.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent growls with frustration as the marine suddenly teleports mere instants before the Vincent's blade would have landed. "Hypocrite! You won't be able to hide behind your sorcery forever!"

Still, the greater threat was the horde, and now he had an opening. Vincent charges forward, laying about himself with his sword.

Charge and Attack on the Horde. 60+20(charge)+20(grapple)+30(horde)=130 5; 6 hits + 1 for power field = 7 total. The books says that a character hits once per two DoS.
Damage: 7#1d10+18: 19, 27, 22, 26, 19, 22, 22

pre:

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Tram Line Showdown

Father Boli may be adept at inspiring the armsmen, but when it comes to the use of grenades, not so much. The old preacher obviously wasted all his krak grenade luck on that hit he had scored on the Sentinel Loader during their last outing. Corvax proves that martial combat is just as much art as it is brute force as he side steps a tentacle and jabs a clean strike in the beast's torso. The smell of sulfur fills the air and sure warp stuff starts to slowly shine through the blow. Injury is added to injury as Lucretia fires her crystal caster. One shot is knocked away by a quick tendril, but the other finds it's target, but seems to have no effect.

Dash steps back and lets loose with the multi-laser, but the lasher tendrils, which seemed to have not been functioning before, seem to jump to life and block most of the hits. One does land on the fiend, which only seems to make it even more angry. It takes off after Dash, oblivious to Corvax and Volcens. Between the two of them, more wounds are gashed into it's hull, and the beast begins to quake as the engine collapses in on itself. As quick as it does so, a large blinding red flash errupts, bathing everyone near-by in hell fire. The entire back of the tram melts, and screams are heard as the armsmen are consumed and Boli is blown back a couple meters from the force.

As the explosion dies down, one lone bloodletter remains in the wreakage, the daemon no un-bound from it's prison, and still angry. Volcens, seeming to take a few lessons from Corvax takes a careful strike at the bloodletter, striking true. "Go back from where you came from you crude beast, you are not welcome here!" the Champion yells. Meanwhile, the Forgefiend does its best to ignore the harrier imps and opens fire on the arms men. Without the tram to hide behind the Hades autocannons rip apart the horde. All that remains is a pile of blood and scraps of clothes.

Forgot the maulerfiends lasher tentacles the first time ronwayne attacked with the multilaser and when the horde semi-auto attacked, all but the first hit should have been negated. My mistake from last time stays (I'm not going to take back the damage) but the tendrils did apply this round which did save it a bit.

The fiend has 12 toughness, so it took a poo poo load of damage from Corvax, but ate up Lucretia's shot, and only took 3 damage from Dash with the tendrils working as intended but killed by the free attacks from corvax and the champion.

So when daemon engines die, they blow up and damage everything in a 2d10 TIMES 10 radius. A 12 was rolled, so that was a full 120 meters!

There are two options: either it does 5d10+10 damage, not reduced by armor, or 2d10+5 and the daemon is freed. So that was either 40 damage or 15 damage with the daemon staying around. I opted for the later. However the Forge fiend was far enough away to not get injured.

Those who failed dodge are:
Corvax: 7 wounds
Dash: 11 woundsdue to your high dodge I gave you a IP reroll and you passed, so you are down one IP.
Boli: 12 wounds
Horde: 2 mag, since technically not a blast weapon, lol

Boli, if you wish me to do a IP to reroll that dodge, let me know.

Yeah, and the forgefiend, thanks to two weapon wielder, the +30 to hit the horde, and storm, did literally 20 mag of damage to the horde, crumping it.

ini:
Boli: 2 meters from bloodletter 0/10 -2 crit, 2 levels of fatigue, prone
Corax: 11/18
Nico: 36m from mauler bloodletter 64M from FF.
Dash:
Maulerfiend 1/45: 11 armor (at rear of tram)
Bloodletter 12/20
Volcens w/ plasma gun and power sword
Forgefiend: 100 meters
Trixie:
Mag 18/30 horde of armsmen

SINCE THE ABOVE TOOK SO LONG, OBSERVATORY TEAM WILL GET AN UPDATE TOMORROW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Heh. Ow. Did the displacer field not get a check? Not sure how that combines with blast weapons.