Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I gave up long ago trying to contribute anything ever.

livingfruitvirus posted:

Premiere has fired John B. Wells from Coast to Coast AM. Art Bell posted this article on his Facebook asking people to give it a read.

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/02/06/john-b-wells-fired-for-being-too-popular-and-truthful-an-exclusive-interview/

"What? How did the thread get bumped?"

BEST NEWS EVER.

quote:

John B. Wells Fired for Being Too Popular
HAHAHAHAHHA. Oh God. This actually just made Coast to Coast a ton more listenable.

And my Sirius 6-month trial ends March 3rd. I'm going to keep paying full price for Satellite+Internet. I like it and the huge amount of time shifting allowed.

M3wThr33 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Feb 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePDW
Mar 26, 2007

Thus saith the Lord!

M3wThr33 posted:

HAHAHAHAHHA. Oh God. This actually just made Coast to Coast a ton more listenable.

Say what you want, but he's still a better interviewer than Snoory.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

ThePDW posted:

Say what you want, but he's still a better interviewer than Snoory.

I'd rather fall asleep at the wheel than be bummed out by Doom-n-Gloom.

Guidos Python
Sep 7, 2009
I love friday open lines so much because some tweaked out marine is always talking about how he hosed a big foot and noorey has to stay awake to introduce the next caller.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Guidos Python posted:

I love friday open lines so much because some tweaked out marine is always talking about how he hosed a big foot and noorey has to stay awake to introduce the next caller.

I demand a link to a tweaked out Marine Bigfoot fucker. It's too awesome and you better not have made it up.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

George Noory's pizzaroll story is the stuff of radio legend. This animated version is glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

You're welcome.

Art Bell claims that he'll be back and broadcasting once the two year non-compete is up; sometime in 2015. I seriously doubt it. He's disappeared entirely from Bell Gab, one of the devoted C2C forums, after a few months of being regularly involved and posting. Sirius is supposedly miserable to deal with, but it's hard to chalk up his quitting as anything other than deciding the show's too much work/not living up to his expectations/etc, and leaving.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

I re-upped to SiriusXM for a full year after my 6 month trial ended.

Listening to some shows, there are some issues with the management, but they pale in comparison to all other radio stations. They're 100% free to speak their mind. There's nowhere else they'd rather go.

For Art to get pissed off and leave, he had to be hugely entitled. But, that is what happened. He was entitled and whined about things that don't matter (People downloading the show) and things that needed time to improve (Quality of callers).

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
He put zero effort into promoting the show and expected to have the same audience as when he left Coast to Coast. Instead of blaming himself for low ratings he blamed Sirius saying no one was able to listen to the show. He'll go back to AM in '15 and the same thing will happen and he'll find some other excuse to leave after a month.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

The cruelest April Fools Joke.

Guidos Python
Sep 7, 2009
I would buy a gallon of pizza soda or whatever he is gonna shill if it means the return of the king.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.
Ugh, I only end up listening to Coast to Coast about once a month when I'm up super late, but holy hell do I always regret it when I do.

George Noory agrees with caller that trading of prisoners is an impeachable offense.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Amish posted:

Ugh, I only end up listening to Coast to Coast about once a month when I'm up super late, but holy hell do I always regret it when I do.

George Noory agrees with caller that trading of prisoners is an impeachable offense.

Noory agrees with everybody. He is a weak interviewer. He makes Coast to Coast nearly unbearable.

Whatever happened to Ian Punnett?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk

HanzoSchmanzo posted:

Noory agrees with everybody. He is a weak interviewer. He makes Coast to Coast nearly unbearable.

Whatever happened to Ian Punnett?

He quit because of his tinnitus or Jesus morning show or something.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Amish posted:

To be fair to Noory, he probably wasn't even listening when he said that.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Amish posted:

It's been stated time and time again in these interviews about the show that Noory's approach is to make all guests feel like their opinion is valid.

He's never criticized somebody. He makes NPR look like hard hitting assholes.

Street Soldier
Oct 28, 2005

An egotistical being like myself can't be allowed to live...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTJyX31zuw

I love all the David Paulides interviews, are there any other guests that do the same thing with all the really hosed up true stories?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Street Soldier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXTJyX31zuw

I love all the David Paulides interviews, are there any other guests that do the same thing with all the really hosed up true stories?

Thanks for the link! I fell asleep the last time Paulides was a guest on C2C. The Youtube edit takes out the commericals.

I really enjoy listening to Paulides talk about his "Missing 411" research into missing people. The stories he tells (and some of the callers' tales) are truly eerie stuff.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Saturday will be 8 months since Bell took the ball and went home.

Meanwhile, SiriusXM still has C2C in that timeslot and Art Bell's floundering Dark Matter network is still a joke.

Dash Nine
Jun 20, 2003

Rawk.
Check out Jimmy Church, he's doing a show on Dark Matter Radio, its not bad but you can't get the broadcasts on itunes or soundcloud yet (That know of) :

http://www.jimmychurchradio.com
https://www.youtube.com/user/KJCRFadeToBlack/feed?activity_view=2

I've been listening to Ground Zero w/Clyde Lewis, The Unexplained w/Howard Hughes and the Conspiracy Show w/Richard Syrett as well.

Check them out if you need a C2C fix instead of listening to Snoory.

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Tomorrow is the 1-year anniversary of the debut of Art Bell's Dark Matter...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

M3wThr33 posted:

Saturday will be 8 months since Bell took the ball and went home.

Meanwhile, SiriusXM still has C2C in that timeslot and Art Bell's floundering Dark Matter network is still a joke.

M3wThr33 posted:

I'm quite bummed as I was getting into the madness when Art decided to pull the plug. Such a shame. But oh well...

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

At least it was nice to hear Art again, although I think part of it was the bumper music too.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

M3wThr33 posted:

How many more years to go on Art's non-compete? One? Two?

Whenever that time comes I look forward to Art starting his new show and then quitting a month later again. :smith:

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

Boinks posted:

At least it was nice to hear Art again, although I think part of it was the bumper music too.

I sometimes just listen to his opening, since it is so well done.

Here it is (plus the whole rest of an episode) if you wanna take a ride:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIaxfrEcFaw

M3wThr33
Sep 4, 2004

Funny, about the bumper music.

So many other shows are quick about bumper music, but something about C2C people let it run just a tad longer, to enjoy it just a little bit more.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

It's getting to be that time of year again... Of course, we won't know for a few more days how the new year's show will be handled - my guess, however, is that we'll only get one night like we did last year.

Either way, I'll toss up the traditional listening thread in the next day or two. As per usual, I guess it'll be in GBS for maximum reach unless anyone has a better idea.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Just one night of Noory is probably for the best.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Yeah. :/ The schedule is now up and it is indeed just one night. What a bummer.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Any predictions about Art Bell? :D

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Inveigle posted:

Any predictions about Art Bell? :D

He'll return in July, demonstrate he has no idea how limited his internet audience will be, and then quit. Again.

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

On second thought.. I'm having a really, really hard time getting in any sort of positive mood to do this, this year. George Noory has sucked every bit of enjoyment out of Coast to Coast for me at this point and it almost feels like some sort of punishment.

If anyone else wants to do a thread or something, you have my full blessing. I might pop in, but we'll see. :smith:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

That drat Satyr posted:

On second thought.. I'm having a really, really hard time getting in any sort of positive mood to do this, this year. George Noory has sucked every bit of enjoyment out of Coast to Coast for me at this point and it almost feels like some sort of punishment.

If anyone else wants to do a thread or something, you have my full blessing. I might pop in, but we'll see. :smith:

Please don't close the thread, this is going to be the only way I'll find out that Bell's going start a new webseries. If you close it, I won't be able to follow it from debut to Art bugging out before the first week.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Got a question for you C2C listeners: years ago, I heard a clip from a radio show where the 2-3 hosts were talking to someone on the line and all of a sudden A REALLY creepy voice said something quick. No one had any idea what it was, and they listened to the tape over and over again for the next 20 minutes or so.

I ask you guys this because I could have sworn it was C2C, but it definitely wasn't Bell or Noory who was the host, so I don't know. Help?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

Please don't close the thread, this is going to be the only way I'll find out that Bell's going start a new webseries. If you close it, I won't be able to follow it from debut to Art bugging out before the first week.

No, no, I mean I'm not going to do the yearly predictions thread. This thread will stay here until whatever higher authority decides to close it. I'm just a peon that occasionally serves the good of the community, but this year I have no enthusiasm.

IndecisiveMexican
Feb 14, 2006
¿Pero whish one?

That drat Satyr posted:

No, no, I mean I'm not going to do the yearly predictions thread.
Sigh, most of the year has been lovely it's only fitting it would end this way.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
I don't listen to C2C except a couple ancient episodes a year and then new years and recognize that Noory is a piece of poo poo but I am a sentimental nostalgic goon who never does anything on NYE and was bummed there was no thread. I only found this one after searching around while putting together my own last minute shitheap for the couple hours of predictions we may or may not get tonight. Come join the party or don't, dickweeds!

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

That drat Satyr posted:

No, no, I mean I'm not going to do the yearly predictions thread. This thread will stay here until whatever higher authority decides to close it. I'm just a peon that occasionally serves the good of the community, but this year I have no enthusiasm.

Regardless of what happens this year, thanks for the past several years of fun. I'm having trouble getting too excited for the whole affair myself. I think the age of magic has somewhat passed us by with this. Never forget the pencil factory

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

WARNING: the first page of this thread has the pic of the woman in the bathtub spurting liquid poo poo all over herself.

So, thanks for a lovely New Year's thread. You're much worse than Noory.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.
Hey, that was some other dickwad. How the hell am I supposed to know that GBS goes NWS on NYE. It's tough out there, I tell you what, but gently caress it I am trying to channel the good stuff from the old threads / shows at least. I can't help it if everyone in GBS wants to be a bunch of dick nips about it. Nobody postin good C2C predictions but me, just a bunch of GBS regulars tubgirlin' and generally not caring about what the annual predictions (used to be?) are all about.

Oh well, at least there will be something to read if anyone ever tries to search for a thread for this year.

e: vv yeah I completely get it man. YOU PREDICTED THIS!

enziarro fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

To be honest, that was the other half of the reason I didn't really want to do it this year. With GBS going to poo poo, last year was a limp thread at best. After a full year of fuckery, I figured it would be pretty hard to pull the usual crowd we got in the past.

Sorry to be a let down this year. Maybe next year I'll pick it back up when I have more time to be more enthused about stupid aliens and chemtrails. At the very least we can, as was mentioned, remember the pencil factory. And the GOON. And, well, weaponized bigfoots. :)

• Locked thread