Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

This is going to be magical, I know it. :allears: I can't wait to see how this tops Peace Walker in the :krad: department.

Edit: I just saw the first video and holy loving poo poo I need this game.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 05:47 on May 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I'm gonna guess Ironicus was too busy admiring the :krad: of the finishing move to notice and point out the tail. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Patter Song posted:

So...is a Metal Gear Ray supposed to be a threat to Raiden? He singlehandedly destroyed 15 of those at once on his first mission. (How anyone can dislike MGS2 when you have to fight 15 Metal Gears in the same boss fight is beyond me).

He gave up after a certain point whining about how he couldn't do it even if you played the rest of the fight perfectly. :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

johnboy3434 posted:

I absolutely loved how everyone and his mother were making jokes about how those crazy Japanese writers came up with a pseudo-English title like "Revengeance" in an attempt to sound cool. While the Oxford English Dictionary considers it no longer in use, "revengeance" is indeed a real English word that actual people used.

Chip's gone over this with the second post of the thread.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

A chainsaw made entirely of lightsabers.

Alice totally should've had that be an attack option.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I almost think it should have been Raiden's butt in honor of our protagonist's shapely rear end.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sundowner posted:

I'm really curious about the PC version of this game. Is there a part of the fighting/brawler/whateverthefuckinggenre community that use a keyboard or is the PC release merely a courtesy and should still be expected to be played with a controller?

I have a controller for PC that I use for some genres, particularly fighting games, but I'm wondering if anyone does (or even can??) play with keyboard/mouse in these games.

PC version's not out yet. We'll have to wait and see how it works.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Madrick11 posted:

Imagine fighting Solidus with the Revengeance style of gameplay. That would be a nice rematch.

gently caress that. Destroying the entire Metal Gear Ray armada within seconds is what we need.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

We are all terrible people, Chip.

We all are.

On a note of significantly less camaraderie, I've never had my wisdom teeth pulled. My little brother did, and he was fairly irritable about the whole affair. So, yeah. Maybe it'll hurt less for you. No, but seriously, what's the deal with wisdom teeth? Growing in at a bad angle or what?

I think that if they grow at a bad angle, they can do nasty things to your non-wisdom teeth.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

CordlessPen posted:

Getting eye surgery kinda feels like that. They slice a bit of your eye off, a bit right in front of your seeing hole, with an electric saw that sounds exactly like an electric saw (which is not something you want an electric saw to sound like, at least not when it's slicing your eye), and you realize that it should feel like a torturous death, but instead it feels like clumsily removing a contact, and your mind is all weirded out.

And then they shoot lasers at your eyeball, your cornea evaporates and it smells like bacon.

My mind is weirded out just reading that. Eye surgery isn't painful? I'd freak out if I consciously knew someone was taking a saw to my eye.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Detective Thompson posted:

So did Sunny grow at all? In terms of height, at least. It's been a long time since I've seen anything from MGS4, but she's seems about as short as she was then.

Wait, isn't this game only four years after MGS4? How old is she?

She seems a little taller, I think. I believe Sunny's about 11 here. She was born around 2007, MGS4 happened in 2014, so she was 7 during that. Fast-forward 4 more years and that'd make her about 11.

Edit: Also I just noticed that she's wearing a flower hairpin similar to the flower Naomi put in her hair. She is just a walking reference to old MGS characters past. :allears:

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 1, 2013

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Buried alive posted:

So Excelsus isn't a Gear because it has no means of launching a nuke, right? Other than that I'm not sure why it wouldn't qualify.

That's probably it, yeah. Geckos aren't technically Metal Gears either for the same reason.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Could it in MGS2? The RAY in this game was modified, so that was the reason it couldn't launch any now.

RAY never could. RAY's purpose was to be the Anti-REX so I guess it got a water cannon as an anti-nuke weapon. :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

QuetzaDrake posted:

I wonder if his blubbering about his sister reached the rectum (or whatever that area was called) of Arsenal Gear when Olga and Fortune died.

Wait, actually, what about after this game? Otacon's buff and handsome and manly now, does that mean no more women will ever die in Metal Gear land?

Mistral died in Metal Gear land and I didn't see hide nor hair of him anywhere near that fight. :colbert:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

Thinking on it a little bit, mgs main characters are pretty lovely at protecting VIPs. Peace Walker is the only game I can think of where someone you needed to protect didn't ended up getting killed in front of you. Unless you count Rocket Peace.

List I came up with starting with mgs1:
MGS1: Darpa Chief/Baker
MGS2: Emma, the president
MGS3: Sokolov
MGS4: Eva
MGR:R: PM N'mani

I don't remember MG1 and 2 enough to list those.

MG1 doesn't have anyone, I think, but Kio Marv, the man who Snake was supposed to rescue in MG2, ended up getting killed before Snake could reach him. Also, I thought Sokolov survived for Portable Ops?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Neruz posted:

That is brilliant, now we just need a Snake one and then Snake and Raiden can have box battles.

It's not exactly a figure, but a drat good looking papercraft.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Rirse posted:

The last four Chip LPs are not in the archives for some reason. No More Heroes 2, Peace Walker, Uncharted 2, and that hunting game are all missing.

Presumably the site's not going anywhere anytime soon and it archives all of Chip's LPs.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This is getting out of hand.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Will the videos be uploaded on YouTube at some point? Can't quite make the stream.

Of course they will; the stream is for those who really wanna watch it now.

• Locked thread