Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I can't wait for this. :allears:

This had better beat Peace Walker in the crazy department!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Chip Cheezum posted:

I definitely didn't LP them in this order, but just go from 1 through 4 and then Peace Walker. Our mic quality will vary through each one because MGS3 is actually the oldest MGS LP we've done. Also turn down your volume for the beginning of MGS3 because I shout a few times because that was a thing I was prone to doing when I was 19.

Edit: The MGS3 LP was four years ago??? Good lord.

You're like some MGS vet! :)

Also, will there be a remake of MGS3's LP in the future?

Brassherald posted:

Even not taking into account that they built Arsenal Gear underwater in 2 years in this same series, in real life, technology moves quick. That state of the art computer someone buys will be old news in a few months, and in four years will be nearly obsolete. Being left in the dust is very common in technology.

In the past 4 years, we have had 4 different iPhone models, for example. If someone tells you that they have an iPhone 3GS, released June of 2009, would you be super impressed by how advanced it is because it was state of the art 4 years ago?

Don't forget that the MG universe just flat out seems far more advanced than us.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

I've always liked Raiden, and this game looks like he'll become slightly more of a nerd. :allears:

He even sounds like he's trying to be cool, what with the whole Batman voice.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

DOOP posted:

Hypersonic cutting blades are so cool. I want one.

Imagine if Raiden needed a power cord for his blad that was attached to his cyborg self all the time.

But then how would he charge it? One of those hand cranks?

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

bewilderment posted:

You've seen No More Heroes, right?

I've seen the LPs, yes. :v:

CrashScreen posted:

The game actually has an explanation over how the blade gets energy too.

This game certainly has a lot of explanations. How many codecs are in this game again? :stare:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Well, that certainly is an avatar. :stare:

At least you have one related to your favorite games? :shobon:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Dragonatrix posted:

I can't help but love how she has her own personal armada.

Yeah, it's really cool how she has her own Gecko army! :)

beep by grandpa posted:

I didn't notice until like my 3rd playthrough of the game but god drat don't show feet bb :gonk:

Those claw feet actually look pretty useful. :colbert:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Silentman0 posted:

A Stranger I Remain is Mistral's theme.

Here's the "original" version. (Youtube warning)

The singer for this song is Free Dominguez, the lead singer for the band Kidneythieves. If you like this song, check out her Bandcamp, it's good stuff.

This song is amazing and everyone should listen to it. :allears:

Also Chip, is the site supposed to look pink and grey for this update? That's pretty cool.

Ometeotl posted:

I'm finding this deluge of puns to be quite humerus.

All non-pun makers should just go and elbow out of here. :colbert:

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

CrushedB posted:

Kevin refers to Snake in the past tense while Raiden refers to him in the present tense. It's an odd touch that's either supposed to make it ambiguous or Raiden is just really in denial.

I think that the sentence makes sense either if he's dead or alive: if Snake was there, he'd kill Raiden (but he can't because he's dead). :eng101:

That or Raiden never got the memo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

The guy who sold Raiden the mariachi costume must be laughing at him right about now. :allears:

Will you be showing off the description?

• Locked thread