Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
This game really is as much fun to play as it seems, as long as you get the mechanics down. If you don't, the higher difficulty levels are really going to kick your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Raiden sounds like slightly disgruntled Sonic the Hedgehog in this game.

Funnily enough, Quinton Flynn has done the voice for Silver the Hedgehog. He's also the voice for Henry in No More Heroes.

And to people complaining about realism: You have to have a healthy suspension of disbelief for this. If Raiden can throw a Ray over his head by its tail, he could have easily flung Sam a mile away to get to the president. Just sit back and let it happen.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

johnboy3434 posted:

Has anyone complained? I think the fact that the game spent its first few minutes brutally murdering the very concept of realism is what has endeared us to it so quickly.

I was thinking about this:

Tazzillekki posted:

If the game was set further in the future, I can accept it, but 4 years is not a long time, man.

I thought there were more people saying things like this, but going back I can only find this quote. Still the idea remains; just sit back and enjoy.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I'm also looking forward to the codec calls being posted. I didn't listen to many while playing, because I just wanted to slice dudes up and I probably wouldn't have caught them all anyway.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Huh. You'd think at least one person on a surveillance team would know how to read lips.

They probably can, but Mistral was facing away from Raiden.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I like that they actually modelled the insides of the enemies, so you can see a cross section of them when you slice them up.

It always goes by really quickly in the game, but it's easy to pause these videos to see.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

The breakdance with the polearm is my favourite move in the game. You can keep it going for a while.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've heard "Does it hurt?" far too many times. And he's such a smug bastard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Hah, I didn't realise they managed to sneak in a "Metal Gear?" moment in the codecs.

• Locked thread