Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If she regenerates into ANY character we already know, that would be the point where Moffat has inexcusably dissipated inside his own rear end.

He and his rear end will have become one entity.

It can't be the Doctor because all of his Regenerations are accounted for and with more scrutiny than ever before because Moffat went into it explicitly.

It best not be Susan because that would be really silly at best, flat out insulting otherwise.

I want to say it can't be the Master but I don't put it past Moffat to try and pull that.

I just want Clara to be dead and remain dead and go away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Clara isn't about to regenerate, guys.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Clara is The Hybrid

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Mokinokaro posted:

Clara is The Hybrid

Half human half, uh. Half Oak tree?

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Stay tuned for the astounding series finale in which Rigsy regenerates into Clara.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

qntm posted:

Stay tuned for the astounding series finale in which Rigsy's baby regenerates into Clara.

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Clara will regenerate in to River Song. The Doctor will realise that every companion he has ever travelled with was River Song all along. He looks in the mirror: he's River Song too.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

seizure later posted:

Clara will regenerate in to River Song. The Doctor will realise that every companion he has ever travelled with was River Song all along. He looks in the mirror: he's River Song too.

I know where I came from, but then where did all you zombies come from?

*Plays Beethoven on guitar*

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

New promo image for the Christmas special, which is apparently called The Husbands of River Song. There's the new sonic again, as well.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
So the Doctor is taking on Space Marines this time.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Doctor Protects.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Is River holding a sonic... trowel?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

So this is River Song pulled out of the computer right

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
From what I've read it's her right after Angels Take Manhattan. She doesn't know that he's The Doctor, although she probably figures it out.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
Has River Song seen 12? Based on the directions of their timelines, could it be "Oh hello young River Song who has not yet met The Doctor in her personal timeline, I'm The Doc--I mean I'm Tim. We'll go on an adventure."

edit: beaten

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Forktoss posted:

New promo image for the Christmas special, which is apparently called The Husbands of River Song. There's the new sonic again, as well.

New screwdriver looks like the front half of the Enterprise.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Riptor posted:

Wasn't she supposed to be an archaeologist at one point?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
They look more like the guys from Fifth Element than space marines tbh

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Riptor posted:

Sonic pizza cutter.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

MrL_JaKiri posted:

They look more like the guys from Fifth Element than space marines tbh

It kind of reminds me of a more armored and red version of the robot duo from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm hoping the ep title and the pic are literal and the "Husbands of River Song" are the Doctor and a giant spiky red robot. :allears:

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
It might actually tie into the Diary of River Song a bit there is a Mr Song in one of them

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Astroman posted:

I'm hoping the ep title and the pic are literal and the "Husbands of River Song" are the Doctor and a giant spiky red robot. :allears:

the robot followed her around and called her "sweetie" all the time and she ended up having to marry him just to save the universe

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
So apparently it's going to tie into the end of Big Hero 6? Maybe they picked up the Baymax husk left in other dimension

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

DirtyRobot posted:

Has River Song seen 12?

She claims to know "all his faces", but I've always kind of disliked that because it would mean she knows significantly more about the Doctor than we do, or even he does. A little bit too magical and special.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Keep in mind that she said that, in meta-time, "before" he got a new set of regenerations. The scar on Trenzalore probably doesn't exist anymore either.

E: I realize I am falling into the trap of pretending Doctor Who has any coherent sense of continuity beyond the vaguest guidelines.

Linear Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Dec 3, 2015

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

qntm posted:

She claims to know "all his faces", but I've always kind of disliked that because it would mean she knows significantly more about the Doctor than we do, or even he does. A little bit too magical and special.

Not that extraordinary, really. She's an obsessed archaeologist who had much of her childhood development being trained by an intergalactic time-savvy secret society to know how to assassinate the Doctor. I suspect she's done some wide-ranging research on the topic.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
does she NEED to

she's time lord or at least part time lord, time lords can recognize each other past their regenerations, can't she do that?

(also, why does River get to be functional human/time lord while Donna can't, remind me while we're discussing River again)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acne Rain posted:

does she NEED to

she's time lord or at least part time lord, time lords can recognize each other past their regenerations, can't she do that?

(also, why does River get to be functional human/time lord while Donna can't, remind me while we're discussing River again)

Because Moffat and River wants to bone the Doctor I guess.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

JediTalentAgent posted:

So apparently it's going to tie into the end of Big Hero 6? Maybe they picked up the Baymax husk left in other dimension

Well the Doctor does need a new personal healthcare companion.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

does she NEED to

I think the reason is that River was influenced by the time stream or whatever in the womb while Donna had Time Lord rammed into her brain when she was 30 odd years old.

That said, Donna should have kept going. She was the best companion of the revived season imo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
River's not part-Gallifreyan. She's a genetically- and Vortex-augmented human being. She is to humans as Time Lords are to pre-Rassilon Gallifreyans.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Acne Rain posted:

does she NEED to

Wait, if this is true, why has the Doctor not recognized the Master twice now since the reboot? David Tenant and Peter Capaldi both did not recognize the Master/Missy upon meeting him/her.

Do they have to know they're a Time Lord first, or something silly like that?

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
It's an as-needed plot thing, that said Ten recognised the Master instantly in series 3. He didn't recognise the old professor guy because he did Time Lord Science to make him not actually a Time Lord at the time.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Delgado and Ainley both used disguises all the time to trick the Doctor, and Roberts fooled McGann at one point iirc.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cargohills posted:

Delgado and Ainley both used disguises all the time to trick the Doctor, and Roberts fooled McGann at one point iirc.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

No.

Delgado and Ainley both used disguises all the time.

They never not once tricked the Doctor with them.

(And Roberts was the Master piloting a human body around)

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Burkion posted:

Ainley wasn't strictly speaking a Time Lord either, I suppose, since he was wearing Nyssa's dad.

quote:

They never not once tricked the Doctor with them.

This is true, though.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

cargohills posted:

The canonical example of this not happening is Time Flight, where the Master spends the first bit of the story trying to convince the Doctor that he is some kind of faux-Chinese mystic and the Doctor's lines are variations on "No you're not"

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Burkion posted:

So was Ainley.

(Also I've never actually watched a classic episode where the Master disguises himself so I'm going to assume you guys are right)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cargohills posted:

So was Ainley.

(Also I've never actually watched a classic episode where the Master disguises himself so I'm going to assume you guys are right)

The Doctor might not say it's the Master right off

But he always knows its the Master.

• Locked thread