Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He doesn't have any obligation. Let your entitlement go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Strax, Vastra, and Jenny are all super cool and I don't know why people dislike them. :colbert:

Also I really hope we don't just get a continuous cycle of "Doctor for three years and then a new one".

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Super.Jesus posted:

For the Valeyard to happen, doesn't he have to break the timelock on Gallifrey in order to go back?

It's a timelock on Gallifrey for the era of the Great Time War, not his past existence.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

This is if Hurt is the real 8th Doctor.

He's not the 'real 8th Doctor', they're already getting around that by every other Doctor striking him from the counting, it seems. Numbering is intact, as far as we know.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No, see it's like Young Indiana Jones where he got into all kinds of misadventures even though he was only like 12 years old.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I, too, loved the basic premise of 'The Next Doctor'.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Turns out The Doctor is just a dentist.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Senor Tron posted:

Even in America the word series is used in that sense when referring to sports.

...what sense?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Then we can have an episode where an Irish kid plays basketball and becomes shorter mysteriously

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

I imagine the Doctor will (possibly inadvertently) steer the TARDIS into wherever it is Danny ended up at the end of "Death in Heaven", Clara will stay with him, and he won't be able to get back with her. It's just the way things are done.

In a place called Bad Wolf Bay...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Missy a lot and she can usually carry the script.

• Locked thread