Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Emerson Cod posted:

I suspect he's put in enough research to not explicitly ignore or discount something like I, Davros. Cardiff does have a fairly active relationship with Big Finish that is only growing. We're at the point where the audios and show are explicitly the same continuity, with characters crossing back and forth. Only some of the novels, comics, and loosely connected spinoffs are being ignored, or at least not directly considered.

Is there any info on how Big Finish finally got the rights to use stuff from the new series? I remember for years there was supposedly the legal barrier between them, so they had stuff like making obvious references to the Ninth Doctor and the Time War but couldn't explicitly state them as such... did their old licensing contract expire and their new one just included the new series, or was there anything more complicated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I can't imagine they don't have full rights to the new season, I mean they're doing the four classic Doctor/new monster stories, they're doing River Song stories, other than the new Doctors themselves (who like Diabolik said are unlikely to be available at the moment) it seems pretty well integrated.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I wonder if by "The Churchill Years" it means it's going to span Churchill's entire career? I'd love to hear Nine's view of the Abdication Crisis or Ten's input on the Industrial Charter.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

They should throw us all for a loop and finally film that Stephen Fry script.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Zebia posted:

Only if Davies returns as the head writer.

I think the first rumor about Tennant returning for the Pompeii episode included that Davies was seen there as well.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

This just in, Robin William's ghost set to appear as 12's new companion.

I can't believe Moffatt is going to be changing the history of Ork!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

CobiWann posted:

I would be down with this. He carried a movie alongside Colin Firth, Mark Strong, and Samuel L Jackson and was amazing in the process.

He's about the only actor I can picture for the young Han Solo movie.

Think you mean too "street".

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

HD DAD posted:

9x04 Before the Flood

Turns out... Noah's Ark was really a TARDIS!!!!!!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

HD DAD posted:

Preview synopsis for next week's episode:

Looks like Mark Gatiss has been watching Event Horizon.

I hope they get Sean Pertwee back for the episode, really bring things full circle.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Riptor posted:

excited for Plump Man

It must suck to be a Time Lord and for your name to be the Plump Man. Especially if you then regenerated into a skinny woman.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Just a reminder that comics artist Andy Walker predicted this 2 years ago.

Whoah... what's this from?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Teek posted:

The other current prevalent rumor is that Simm will be returning for another turn as the Master this season. Possibly a multi-Master episode?

We need The Four Masters with Simm, Gomez, Derek Jacobi, and Eric Roberts.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Now if they could snag Roberts...

I can't imagine he would cost all that much. Or that his schedule is all that full. Unless he's in rehab again.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

PriorMarcus posted:

Which retroactively makes way more sense when you realise he's going into his last ever regeneration.

"I don't want to go."

Ha, I never made that connection. I like it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I know this isn't really a Big Finish thread, but given there's a multi-Master story coming up, though I'd post the link to the new audio BF announced. Derek Jacobi returning in the new "The War Master" audio. Which now makes me sad we'll never get Jacobi and Hurt joining up as the War Master/Doctor. The trailer clip also ends with Jacobi doing his best Ainley laugh.

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-war-master-1681

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

TL posted:

My fiancée and I just watched An Adventure In Space And Time, so I'm all in for more Bradley as Hartnell. He is amazing.

Yeah, An Adventure In Space And Time was probably my favorite of the various anniversary things, largely because of him.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

He was also in the World War Z movie as a WHO doctor :haw:

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

howe_sam posted:

He was in a band with Craig Ferguson! :haw:

I remember a few years ago reading The War for Late Night, which came out in 2010 and was about the Conan O'Brien/Jay Leno fiasco. It talks about Ferguson in one section and briefly mentions something said by "his former band member (and also actor) Peter Capaldi".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I've never seen most of the stuff she's been in, but she was really good in that episode of Black Mirror, and fantastic in Attack the Block, which is an overall really excellent movie and I'm glad that some of the actors in it are getting bigger genre roles.

• Locked thread