Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Well it didn't take long for someone claiming to be "in the know" to pop up and share some details about next series.

GallifreyBase posted:

Never done this before, can't actually do much, but here goes...

Another 13 ep series (counting the Xmas special), likely beginning on 22 August 2015.

Debate currently going on about skipping a week for Halloween due to kiddies being out, but no verdict yet.

Steven Moffat's final series. The next head hasn't been decided yet. Peter Capaldi will stay on.

A mid-series two-parter and a finale two-parter. I believe the mid-series one is being written by Jamie Mathieson, and I think it's episodes 5 and 6.

Steven Moffat is writing eps 1, 9, 11, 12 and 13.

The Christmas special is the concluding part of the finale two-parter. Steven had to convince the BBC about this.

Missy/The Master returns in episode 9, but she's not the villain, more tangled up in the plot.

Missy tags along with the Doctor in episode 10, written by Neil Gaiman, pretty much stand-alone.

Episode 11 is a "prequel" of sorts to the finale. I'm sure some people will even consider it a three-parter, like the S3 finale.

Episodes 11, 12 and 13 involve the Time Lords and Missy, but Gallifrey does not return (permanently).

Other writers include: Tom MacRae, I think episode 2, Neil Cross, I think episode 3, Steve Thompson, I think episode 4, Mark Gatiss, I think episode 7, a new writer (as yet undecided) for episode 8.

Might post a bit more.

Seems like this was at least partially full of poo poo then, though I can't say I'm surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I just watched Genesis of the Daleks for the first time. I.. really hope they don't gently caress with it.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/09...external,manual

some bullshit posted:

Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor is set to meet "a ghost of Christmas yet to come" this festive season in a shocking twist.

Sources have revealed that, following the departure of his companion Clara Oswald, The Doctor is set to encounter River Song in the far future whilst battling an alien menace. But that's not all - the duo are also to briefly encounter the Doctor's next incarnation along the way, in a controversial first for the show.

The actor, who is currently unnamed, is said to be just 20 years old, sporting a "blue suit", with matching pea coat and sunglasses.

The source also reveals that there will only be 3, hour-length, specials in 2016, starring Peter Capaldi and an all new companion played by Cara Delevingne, adding weight to the previous rumours in Private Eye last month. It is alleged that Peter Capaldi will hand over the keys to the TARDIS on New Years Day 2017, where the new Doctor will appear once more to take the reigns.

This is most probably bullshit - and I really, really hope it is.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Castle Radium posted:

Haha, I just spotted the Cara Delevigne mention. Someone is definitely having a laugh.

Hehe yeah, I only just realised after I posted it who she is, there's no freaking way it's true. It's just that the three specials thing rings so true but I don't know if I can handle another 2009 :cripes:

• Locked thread