Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
I just can't contain my excitement for this special. I've only been watching since 2010, but... I don't know, I just am so in love with this show, despite this relatively weak series.

Gonna be hella mood whiplash, though, because it's the 50th for the JFK assassination, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Somebody suggested Lara Pulver for the role. Yowza.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Forktoss posted:

BBC America has released some new promo pics of Day, and there's an interesting one that shows Rose's full costume:

This is definitely not the Season 2 Rose, as the trailers already hinted.

Daamn, Billie Piper looks great, and that outfit looks great.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

jivjov posted:

It calls him the 12th Doctor actor. Which is also inaccurate, because if you count Hurndall and Cushing, Smith is #13

And Richard E. Grant. And Rowan Atkinson. Hugh Grant. Jim Broadbent. Joanna Lumley.

All of the people who have portrayed him in audios.

I'd be surprised if it isn't pushing 50 by now.

Actually, 40, according to this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_actors_who_have_played_the_Doctor

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

jivjov posted:

And to be completely honest, I'd be perfectly okay with having someone regenerate into a figure with big ears and short hair

Barack Obama as the ninth doctor

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

About how long before The Eleventh Hour aired did we know what 11's outfit was going to look like? I can't take all this waiting.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Ensign_Ricky posted:

That's the one!

edit: Here's a giant-sized one, the Capaldi/McGann face is between Smith and Coleman:

I noticed that as well. It reminds me of all the people with photographs of "the devil's face" in the smoke from the WTC on 9/11.

Not sure why I told you all that, but there you go.

e: wow upon closer examination there is literally an intentional face there. Curious.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Just saw American Psycho: The Musical with Matt Smith as Patrick Bateman. Was more than a little disconcerting to be nose-to-nose with the Doctor as he sung electropop while skullfucking a corpse.

I'm going to print this quote out, put it in my wallet, and look at it whenever I am sad.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Chairman Capone posted:

Her just saying "Good night" would be far too subdued for River, especially as being written by Moffat as part of a Big Dramatic Scene. It'd have to be, "Good night - now come to bed, sweetie, or I'll have to tell you SPOILERS!" Followed by them kissing as Murray Gold went overboard.

"Congratulations." You are now skilled enough to write under moffat.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

I'm worried that Moffat is gonna keep showrunning as long as he's alive unless the BBC does something about it. Which they probably wouldn't anyway.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Doctor Who SPOILERS: :SRELIOPS ohW rotcoD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

Burkion posted:

A few years ago "TWO PARTERS ARE STUPID WE DON'T NEED TWO PARTERS ANY STORY YOU CAN TELL CAN BE TOLD IN ONE!"

Now "Here's a bunch of two parters."

Moffat...... learning?

• Locked thread