Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've heard from the Colin Baker Fan Twitter that all of the living Doctors have filmed parts for the 50th. https://twitter.com/ColinBakerFans

How likely is this to be true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think 13 regenerations is all you got in the old Time Lord society because, seriously, why would you need more? You could live thousands, maybe millions, of years in just ONE regeneration, so unless you were an extremely unlucky son of a bitch, or actively looking for danger, those 13 basically made you immortal.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My guess is likely the Fourth Doctor was around the longest, both due to his onscreen time and the fact that I think his age shot up from 400 something, when it was last mentioned by the Third or Second Doctor I believe, to the 700s or so.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It 'helps' that for a loooooong stretch of time Four traveled around with another Time Lord and a robot, so we have no freaking idea how long that went on for.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, Let's Kill Hitler. You stupid, stupid, stupid episode.

Sad to hear Smith is bowing out, but hopefully he gets a better end than "I DON'T WANNA GO".

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

Like that time he hosed a pig.

:thejoke:

I wonder how long until we get to meet Mr. 12, regardless. Pig loving optional.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ManBuyCow/status/356749176379412480/photo/1

What is this nonsense?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
...wasn't that supposed to be the end of Season 5? You know, when Moffat reset the universe because he wanted to do whatever he felt like and didn't want to square it away with what had come before even though it'd be extremely easy to?

Only then he didn't decide to do that and instead aaaaaaaaaaguh.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be a nice parallel to the First Doctor.

Wish I could be excited though.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've said this in the main thread and I'll say it here.

gently caress what New Who has done to the Cybermen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

bobkatt013 posted:

At least they do not have a weakness to gold and prats gold stars.

(Looks at Silver Nemesis)

gently caress it so very hard.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

Yes, but it was explained as being an old exploit in the Cybermen's operating system that the Doctor could only exploit because it was in a vulnerable state due to trying to control him.

Because the Cybermen, like the Daleks, are basically just robots now.

Do I even need to say gently caress It at this point?

I just, there is SO MUCH you can do with the Cybermen!

The last good story with them, outside of audios, should not have been 30 something goddamn years ago!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well Rose was pretty much the TARDIS at that point. She could see everything ever.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if, as a kid, David Tennant wanted the 5th Doctor to be his dad. You know, like a lot of little kids want their role figures to be their parents.

I wonder how proud ChildTennant is that adulthim made that happen.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait but that would mean there could only be 13 Doctors because if you can only regenerate 12 times...

Or is that :thejoke: ?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rhyno posted:

It's William loving Hurt, how can it be bad?

I'm sure he'll spin poo poo into gold.

I'm just afraid he'll have to.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ditto the well wishes. Hope the found Second Doctor stories and the hopefully more to come puts him in good spirits.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dodo is coming back?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'd like to joke about well at least no one else got it worse but then I look at Ace and just want to cry.

Dodo was the lucky one.

She got to die.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Astroman posted:

Regeneration effects are always "the best sfx technology can do at the time."

Not always.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
This, can we not do this?

Please?

Not now.

Maybe later. You know, in the next 50 years.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love Mccoy's little "I GOT HIS PEN" moment when they get past the first security guard.

And, gentlemen and ladies, yet again. Tom Baker is the Best. That's all that needs to be said. Whether it's being trapped in another sodding time vortex (how often does that happen to the man) or being both the 4th and Last Doctor or whatevers-dude is amazing. And very, very Tom Baker.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really, really hope not. A lot of it might work, except for the fact that the Doctor, the 11th, SHOULD KNOW HE HAS ONE MORE REGENERATION. The 13th shows up to help in the Galifrey fight! He's the one who REMEMBERS that right?

That and can we please, please stop, PLEASE, treating Regeneration as magical Anime Power Up Bullshit? The regrowing a hand thing kind of makes sense, but ever since River used it as legitimate super powers it's always bugged the hell out of me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just realized why this sounds so ridiculous to me. Like, I can put it into words.

SO you guys remember when the Second Doctor, in the first 24 hours of his regeneration, totally found and destroyed all those Daleks with his super cool regeneration SSJ powers? No?

Huh.

OK, BUT you remember how the THIRD Doctor, instead of falling into a coma for a bit, instead just punched his way through Auton after Auton and hurled those meteors back into space right? That didn't happen?

Well but...

The FOURTH Doctor, when that GIANT ROBOT HOLDING SARA JANE showed up, he just ran up and punched it in the dick blasting it apart into a million-really? Never happened? Are you sure?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Mother gently caress no.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
If they legitimately go with "Regeneration Kills The Daleks" I will not be happy.

That's what really pisses me off, that idea. I don't think I really need to go into WHY that's just not smart to begin with. Oh wait I did before.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Question. If this is, and has always been, the Doctor's last Regeneration, why would he fake regenerate with the robot body when River shoots him? Why would they go out of their way to say her poison will stop his regeneration when she kissed him? Why would he tell the Cyber Planner to leave or else he'd Regenerate and wipe him out?

The last one is the most important one I think because it comes straight from the man himself. You can't say it was a bluff or anything because the Cyber Planner would have called him out on it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's right! 11 used some of his regeneration energy to heal River!

How could he do that if he doesn't have any?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Because that makes for good writing, doesn't it?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Foster posted:

It does feel right that Matt 'friend to all children' Smith's Doctor gets to be a puppet in a Punch and Judy show for his regeneration episode.

EDIT - Who wants a trailer? Who wants even more creepy voices reciting rhymes about the Doctor dying?

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/video/the-time-of-the-doctor-trailer/

Didn't we JUST get over all of these nursery rhyming bullshit?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dice Dingus posted:

I'm as big a defender of the wait-and-see approach to each episode as anyone but let's not say things we can't take back. There is approximately an icecube's chance in hell of Moffat writing a satisfying conclusion to the Silence arc considering his track record of setting up big very important issues and then resolving them with anticlimax.

WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT RIVER AND GETTING HER BACK?

Oh hey remember that wacky best friend who's totes been around Amy and Rory foreves and is just so wacky and they talk about her all the time and named their daughter after her and gets into SO MUCH TROUBLE and is even more obsessed with the DOctor and has been friends foreves?

No? You don't? Because she didn't exist until this episode?

Well she's River.

SHOCKINGTWISTSECUREDSOCLEVER

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Where the hell WAS her family before now? I just assumed they didn't exist.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I really loving hope it's not River.

Just let her go away already. She's long dead, please. Please.

I don't know how they could do it, but it'd be amazing if it was the Brig.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

Contract typo results in every episode getting a Tom Baker cameo for the rest of Doctor Who.

gently caress the hell yes.

:getin:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Neowyrm posted:

"Congratulations." You are now skilled enough to write under moffat.

And we are very sorry.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Solaris Knight posted:

Come on guys, CLEARLY it's going to be Tom Baker in a River Song cosplay :rolleyes:

:getin: Yeeeeeees.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I believe in the power of Christmas, I believe in the power of Christmas, I believe in the power of Christmas...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Chairman Capone posted:

I hope Stax, Vastra and lesbian Buffy get killed by being stomped on by a giant steampunk Cyberman.

Who would have to actually be a weeping angel, of course.

They'd only get brought back immediately to cheapen the whole affair because gently caress YOU MOFFAT SHE HAD A GOOD DEATH.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rita Repulsa posted:

The doctor visits ireland during the famine and matches wits with a monster potato

Strax?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

They really don't. I wish they did but they all love him as much as you do. It's loving terrible.

Woe is you, the sole RTD Hater of them all.

Hint, you're not. Everyone hates RTD and everyone hates Moffat and everyone loves RTD and everyone loves Moffat. These are the facts of the fandom.

• Locked thread