Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impaired Casing
Jul 1, 2012

We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents.

Blasphemeral posted:

[Edit] Oh, and also, is there any official reason they don't tap McGann more? I know he likes playing The Doctor, and seems generally well-liked (at least as much as Colin's Doctor, probably more). I just don't get it.

I've no idea for sure, but I've heard that they have an issue with Fox over the rights to the TV movie. I don't know anything about copyright law, but who knows.

Blasphemeral posted:

I know some people claim that Moffat's "always" had the plan of introducing the Hurt Doctor, but to me it just feels like Moffat had a story that he wanted to tell about the Time War, couldn't get Eccleston to come back for it, and decided "Hey, I'm showrunner, I'll do what I want!" and made up a new Doctor for himself to play with.

I sometimes get a very Lost feel from Moffat, where he really doesn't know what the overall plan is, or he does and it's just a super weak pay off. All I know is that this finale was the first episode of Doctor Who I was excited for in a long time, and while I enjoyed it, it still felt like it could have been more. There are many complaints here and elsewhere about Clara and the lack of character, Moffat and the lack of planning, the split season and the lack of budget, but whatever the reason, for me the show seemed to have lost a little of the magic it had. Even under RTD and the big stupid pay offs he would bring, I was always excited for the next episode. I hated End of Time part 1, but still couldn't help but to feel an anticipation of how it would end. I can't pinpoint why I do not get this way currently, even though I like Smith's doctor a smidgen more than Tennant.

I got a hint of that nostalgia feeling at the end of this episode, ironically after all this time, with the introduction of Hurt. Couple that with the rumors of the 50th that I am, even without the old Doctors starring in it, excited for November. I am hoping this season was just a fluke, because I had little interest in it like I did with 5 and 6. So, I guess after this rambling, all I can say is that I am optimistic about the future seasons, no matter who runs it or who is starring in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread