Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Strax, Vastra, and Jenny are all super cool and I don't know why people dislike them. :colbert:

Also I really hope we don't just get a continuous cycle of "Doctor for three years and then a new one".

Pretty sure it's only goons that dislike them. It'll be some little understood aspect of autism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose Mengelez posted:

It's almost as if he's running out of ideas. Doesn't he look tired?

You're so going to miss him when he's gone.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ratspeaker posted:

People in the other thread poo poo on RTD all the time, but I really enjoyed his seasons. Even in his worst episodes, he wrote characters that would just cling to you. No way I would have stayed with the series if I'd started off with Moffat. Though maybe part of it is blissful ignorance, since I didn't start watching the classic series until after season four, so I never figured out exactly how badly he hosed up in The End of Time.

They really don't. I wish they did but they all love him as much as you do. It's loving terrible.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MrL_JaKiri posted:

"Can't beat that for a date" means it's an exceptional date. You'd want something like "That beats a date" to make it better but distinct from a date.

You're the worst.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Have they ripped off that creepy pasta about Russian scientists keeping someone awake for days until "something" dormant and dangerous awakens in their consciousness? It turned out that sleep kept the bad things quiet.

• Locked thread