Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A sounds interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option A

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
option C She didn't do anything wrong!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

the_steve posted:

G. "Save Jalitha!" While pointing frantically

This

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option C She cut our hair, dad must want us to cut hers in return.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

C. Uncle Pagam
B. Uncle Jorah
A. Father
E. Jalitha
D. Mom
G. Alone in the forest
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean
F. Alone along the beach

2. When the men of the village left for a week, did you pray with Jalitha for Uncle Jorah to return safely?

L. Yes, to both Ashera and the gods of your people, alongside Jalitha's sky giant, you believe in them both

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Yes We should probably take this "son of the village elder" thing seriously.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A Let's get out of cannibal town.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, let's get out of here.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 28, 2013

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B Yuuuup

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option A and J

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
C This kid needs our protection.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 4, 2013

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Theglavwen posted:

Which is why a lot of people thought willingly running away was a pretty weird choice to make. We've been brought up our entire life with the "fact" that, if displeased, Asherah will destroy our people or otherwise harm us/others. We've established that we believe in Asherah and the stories about him. We also worship(ed) Asherah; presumably, worshipping Asherah has something to do with the standard ritualistic practices involved in 'pleasing him', otherwise I imagine it would have stuck out when we were the only people doing it. I've seen no indication that our praying to Asherah was anything out of the norm; it seems, to me, a pretty big stretch to say that we worshipped him just for fun or profit, and not as part of the package of 'believing/respecting/fearing him', especially given that there's no indication that praying to him for reward was ever suggested to be any more fruitful than praying to him for protection.

Basically, if we weren't praying to him as part of our ritualistic practices, why were we doing it at all? And if it was part of our ritualistic practices, designed to appease a creature we believe in, why have we suddenly stopped doing it, without suggesting a dramatic and immediate shift in our lifelong convictions?

That being said, it certainly seems that the character is quickly becoming one that, indeed, no longer does believe in Asherah. It's weird, out of so-far-established-character, and sudden, but if that's the way it's going, that's the way it's going. :shrug:

As for the current vote:

J: Indicate that the forest seems dangerous and point back to Danal's tent, but if he insists upon going even without us, then accompany him. It would be more responsible to wake an adult, but we're new to friends, and have just asserted that we're best-buds-forever with Danal, so it seems likely we'd want to demonstrate loyalty to him, and not disappoint.

Edit: Actually, strike that, we wouldn't want to endager our new position amongst these people. Everything I said before, but instead of accompanying him, do the accidentally wake someone. That way we still demonstrate what seems to be loyalty, but manage to stop Danal from doing something dangerous.

I think this dude shrugging off lightning and decapping our father and saving the person that loved us the most seems like a dramatic and immediate shift in our life.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1. Option C
2. Option C
3. Option H

We're humoring our friend and trying out some freedom

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option O.

And Yes.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 9, 2013

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1. A
2. B
3.F

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and E Protect our friend, no matter what.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and K

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PandaPropaganda posted:

Voting for A and also to D. tell Ishamal we're sorry, we just wanted to help.

This

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
A and J This is so metal.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

For sure

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option E Keep Trucking!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
E: Not Again. Ever.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
G

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B and D seems good

Grognan fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 21, 2013

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Option C Let's ponder this in years to come.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Gotta give it to the dude who spawned the god of hedonism, he's got a talent.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sogol posted:

D

Ha! You are Azzazel are you not? I have heard of you in stories. The dog, Snarls, is his own being and my friend, rather than a possession. Perhaps if he were a goat it would be different, but he is not to be given like trinket or bride price.

I believe that I just saved you at the risk of my own life and my friend's. Granted you apparently did not need saving, but we did not know that. I think you owe us a goat, but I am willing to negotiate. It is unclear what exactly I am negotiating for though. Perhaps you could explain that a bit? Do you have clay and a stylus so we can record any contract?

And yes on word touching whenever that happens next.
Let's do this.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Plan Sogol gets my vote once again, he's a clever one.

With the addition that if we're talking about Ishmael, that we might throw out that Azzazeal might want to visit sometime. Observe his reaction to see if he's on friendly terms or not. Anyways it should tell us more about our (exiled?) winged person.

Also, bargain for one of his feathers to bring back if we have enough leverage. Noone will fuckin' believe this and it'll make a nice trophy for the temple.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 30, 2013

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
J, N, P, S Plan Ishmael is the way forward "Do Not Destroy".

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1.B 2.C 3.J 4.R What would Conan Do? poo poo, too late

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
E Kill it with sword and flame.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

maxhush posted:

Voting next time Tudiya beats a monster to death with its own leg and/or chases down its fleeing monster army we remind him "Hey Dad, don't forget; Do not destroy!!! :v:"

I would actually want to bring this up with him next interlude as a conversation. How he reconciles it, how we struggle with the question, might make for some good interesting stuff.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
H+K I hope we get another bullet time soon. Time to see if faith conquers the demon.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
bonus vote A + U + Y Diogines is tricky enough that in the last game he went through all the players post history to see if they were sincere or not. Don't underestimate the turtle.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B Righteous fury time now. Also, let's not bring down the cavern.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1: D 2: M 3: U 4: F Time to do the hero thing and be honest. El granted us strength this day. Time for some loot yo. Updated for new letters.

Grognan fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 7, 2014

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
1. G 2. J (Time to bring out Club and practice with it on a monster) 3. N 4 R.(With the 10 lbs coming from our share)

I'm thinking we just switched over to El power instead of the hunger of Asherah. We could outrun a blooded man before and perhaps out strengthed if we called on it but the hunger could've killed us. Now we can heal, we're stronger, and we eat less.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

maxhush posted:

Can we remember if we ever saw Shushem use his blood/cut himself for any rituals, pre-Tudiya battle?. And how much he used to eat on average?

I think he was a man, but they were all debased from the cannibalism. Demons offer power, but a terrible terrible price that no man should ever consider. I think that when El blessed us it drove Asherah's influence from us. We are now spiritually aware of the attentions of higher things. A normal man could not do this. Keep in mind we shouted so hard that it bitch slapped the demon down. We're earning our divinity through faith and acts of might.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Voting E We should learn. Then be Jesus Conan and kill asherah in the future. I want to shake things up.