Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm going to go with option b.

Saved for personal use: Badges

http://imgur.com/a/OZcyI
http://imgur.com/a/2q3kU

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Both pseudo Judea and pseudo Phoenicia are really enticing options. I think I have to go with pseudo Phoenicia (D), though, just as a change of pace. We were involved in the administration of a big city last game.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

We were a god last game. A prince is basically an extremely lovely version of a god.

Being in a fishing village, having the potential of being able to traverse the entire pseudo-Mediterranean sea, that's something new and different.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Diogines posted:

It is a short run. It is tough to tell, as a four year old, if he intends to beat her to death or not.
Not to mention, as a four year old we probably don't really have a very detailed understanding of the concept of death in the first place. But it is loud and dad is angry and our uncle is the only one who dad listens to, so H is a rational move from the perspective of a child.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yeah, sure, why not go with G.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

C B. An eye for an eye. Some hair for some hair.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 02:49 on May 23, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

1:

B. Uncle Jorah - An invaluable rolemodel, we spend as much time with him as possible.
H. Alone, swimming in the ocean - Drowning was a life-changing experience for us. We keep coming back, trying to figure out what it means.
A. Father - We're being groomed for succession. We have little choice but to spend time with him.
D. Mom - She's mom. We spend time with her, and enjoy it. For the most part, she replaces the role Jalitha played when we were an infant.
F. Alone along the beach - Fascination with the beach goes hand-in-hand along with fascination with the ocean.
E. Jalitha - We inevitably spend time with Jalitha when around Uncle Jorah. I imagine Father tries to keep us away from her for a long time after the incident, but we bond with her once again, after the thing mentioned in question two.
C. Uncle Pagam - I just don't consider it feasable for us to spend much time with Uncle Pagam after spending so much time learning the inner mysteries of the faith and swimming.
G. Alone in the forest - Nor do I see us really being very fascinated by the forest at all.

2:

L. Yes, to both Ashera and the gods of your people, alongside Jalitha's the sky giant, you believe in them both - Of course we believe in Ashera. Everyone believes in Ashera. And yet Jalitha has impacted our lives in a fascinating way. We definitely don't believe in her god to the same extent as Ashera--- after all, we are the next high priest of Ashera, and our faith in Ashera's predominance is unshakeable. Perhaps we think that her god and our god are the same one, just being spoken of in different ways. We pray to both, but Ashera gets the majority of the offerings.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Paradox Personified posted:

Yes, let's spend time around the man who regularly beats our best female role model, and drags us kicking and screaming to and from places.
I think a lot of the rationale is less that we'd want to spend time with father and more that we'd be obligated to. Him being the #1 guy on someone's list means that we'd be going out of the way to spend time with him though.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sucrose posted:

If it really mattered, and you were trying to compile a list like this, it would be most logical to assign first place votes eight points each, second place votes 7 points each, and so on and so forth, and then add them all up and write the list based on total sum of each.
Or 7-6-5 and so on, with the assumption that your final vote gets zero points and the implication that the final ranked activity will be one we ended up basically never doing in the intervening years.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Yo I just want to say, skill powergaming aside, it's going to look really bad if we spend more time with this outsider who tainted us than our own mother. I'm sure our mom is pretty cool too and will pass on more to us than just basketweaving and rope knowledge.

reignonyourparade posted:

1. B, E, A, H, F, C, D, G
This is the only way I see us getting away with spending lots of time with Jalitha--- essentially treating Uncle Jorah's house as a foster family and more or less living there. Both Jorah and Jalitha would have to come before our parents. It would look somewhat bad, but stranger things have happened, and Jorah is respected amongst the village.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 24, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Yeah if we're talking to Dad lets ask him about the voice telling us about storms while we were being drowned.
Yeah, a storm is coming, I'm sure that's no big deal.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

1. No
2. Yes

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Snow Job posted:

Ask him about afterlife. "What happens to people after they die?"
Heck, I can answer this one. "They are returned to the ocean, and are swallowed up by Ashera, and remain with him for all of time." I assume water burials are a big deal for this culture.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Raserys posted:

Wait, I thought we were 16 now with a 6-year timeskip? Also, just tell him what you remember.
We were four. Now we are ten.

Tell him everything about that voice to the best of our memory.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Disargeria posted:

The second time he said 6 years pass was because we were reliving the past 6 years based on the time we chose to spend with people. We went into the future to determine how to vote for the past. :shobon:
My god, Final Fantasy 13-2 was right!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

Actually, you know what? This is Guy Time. We need to have a Man Talk.

Ask Dad how to get our gently caress on.
Ew, no, we're 10. Girls have cooties.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

What is the purpose of everyone growing their hair out? I assume we won't have to ask Dad about this; as not having long hair has traumatized us over the last six years, we've probably more than figured out the answer to this by now.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

RandomPauI posted:

This isn't a vote so much as a request.

Take the religious lessons more seriously
I agree. We can learn more about the other gods when we inevitably abandon this village for more a intellectually stimulating destiny. Until then, let's learn as much as possible with the tools we have at our disposal, and not continue alienate the great font of knowledge we have about Asherah in favor of seeking out tiny scraps of information regarding these sky giants. Act like a model citizen. Learn everything we can. Learn the inner secrets of the priesthood, how to craft a boat, and then slip into the night when we're 20 or something.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Diogines posted:

DO YOU RE-PRIORITIZE YOUR TIME TO TAKE YOUR FATHERS LESSONS MORE SERIOUSLY? Do you stop running off to go fish with Jorah, swim in the ocean alone and be with Jalitha?
A. Yes.
B. No.
To an extent

We start spending a lot more time with Dad. We never stop swimming in the ocean alone though. We consider it a religious activity.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

is the prudent thing here. We can't just go behind Dad's back and grab Jalitha, but if he gives us the high-sign things might proceed more fluidly.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Plan Lanky Coconut Tree is the only plan that won't end in complete heartbreak.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

To not take up the tooth means to abandon our birthright altogether. : we'll learn on the go, I guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Voting Maxhush. That poem just won't come across at all with the 20 words we know of their language.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Option Maxhush is the closest thing to what a tramatized 11 year old would actually do here. He wouldn't try to do some epic poem out of nowhere or some bullshit. He wouldn't suck up to the people who just killed his loving father--- sure, we and dad weren't on the best of terms, but he was still dad. He'd answer the question he was just asked, and be petulent about it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Diogines posted:

This falls into the category of telling her to do something instead of asking for more information. Other people, weigh in if you want to do this or not please.
Disagree. We have seen too much and are too worn out to tell anyone to do anything at this juncture. All we want to do is cry and go to sleep right now. Incidentally:

Arkanomen posted:

Voting F. Collapse and sleep I think we've done enough today. Lets give it a rest and see if the voice speaks to us in our sleep.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Raserys posted:

Also, hey Mom, why are our people cannibals?!
I mean, we've never eaten anyone. I think. What's the deal???

(it's the manhood ritual, but Og can't have figured that out yet)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

For the record, people who want to retain our spiritual identity, there's no way we get out of this without getting our hair cut. It's just not going to happen.

We might be able to talk our way into keeping our name, though. At least we'd hold on to that.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Question 1: A.
Question 2: A and C. If we can understand Tudiya, with his strange weighty voice, perhaps there is a way for him to understand us. Heck, maybe we can find out how to do that. The ability to be understood by anyone would be really useful. And C, because we need to integrate into this society, and befriending contemporaries is the best way to do that.

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 30, 2013

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bow our heads and silently pray to both El and Asherah, as we always have.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

You A voters are all traitors. :colbert:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Basically I just want us to hang on to Asherah worship a little longer, until we can start espousing a revolutionary doctrine claiming that El is god of the sky, Asherah is god of the sea, and all the other gods we meet along the way are gods of their thing, and all the gods benefit because they'll start being worshipped by everyone a little instead of by a small amount of people a lot.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tsyni posted:

You guys are so lame.

OPTION D. Filled with blood lust, you'll soon have your revenge.
OPTION B. In front of you a few steps, it's soon time to strike.
OPTION F. PLUNGE THE SPEAR INTO HIS HEARTSLIT HIS THROAT WITH THE TOOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to give Ashera the sign he's been waiting for. If we eat the flesh from Danal's body they will think an animal ate him.

Dammit, I tried to be moderate, I tried to get us to follow both the gods. I tried to be the nice guy. Now I have no choice thanks to you butthorns. We must make amends to Asherah.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JR

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

SerSpook posted:

We grab a spear our giant shark's tooth (we have more experience with spears shark teeth) and stand in front of Jalitha. However, we will also call Danal over to protect him, or to help protect Jalitha as well if he so wishes. We can reverse this and call Jalitha while protecting Danal if he is too frightened to come.
This.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I don't know about any lightning ritual, I just picked the tooth because it's freaky sharp.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

Tell Tudiya about the "Storm is Coming" and "Save for Years of Hardship" dream instead
Going with this.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Going with Option Arkanomen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Danal, Enkidel.