Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Woo ground floor! I'm interested in getting away from being "divine" for a while. Let's go B

I didn't get to vote as often as I would have liked last game because of my workload, but I should be around for the long run without a problem this time. :toot: The forums need more quality CYOAs and I'm glad you're around to provide!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Going with D I'm excited to be a fishing zealot!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

EVG posted:

D, inspired by Happy Dolphin Party!

It was just so life changing! :cry:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Diogines posted:

I'd like to thank ADarkerPorpoise for buying this banner ad, I just did too.

So, thanks! Your the Porpoise! Anyone else who wants to join in is more than welcome to do so!

I am working on tonight's update, it should go up in less than an hour.

You're quite welcome! Glad to help. :)

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

I We need to make Daddy love us, Also highly doubt that our language fluent slave girl hasn't noticed that everyone in the village has massively long braids and is getting up to heathen shenanigans. For all we know she's spiritually scarred us for life, pops has already stated we're defiled.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A 1- Mad Wack.

B 0-

C 6- Grognan, California Expat, Magellanicice9, HardDisk, Mukulu, and DCBomB(Wipe the blood from our face and hit Dad provisionally K).

D 17- Hot Dog Day #82, Basscop, Phearson, Snow job, UnassemblyRequired, rex monday, Althair, Nolaterif, Greaseman, Deadly Ham Sandwich, A RICH WHITE MAN, EVG, FoxTerrier(D if C doesn't look likely to win), Bularin, Esper, Hexacrodium, and Theglavwen.

E 0-

F 12- OhYo, GloriousDemon, SerSpook, Lanky Coconut Tree, Algid, Huckleduck, RandomPauI, Walkin Goon, UppaTree, oxford_town, gnarl, and HBar.

G 1- Sucrose.

H 28- Hot Dog Day 80, Eryxias, cantorsdust, 100 HOGS AGREE, Walrusmaster, Falcon, the_steve, Spartehcus, Zybourne Clock, Mr Apollo, Xun, Razage, Hobolicious, Pochoclo, dyzzy, Arkanomen, HiHo ChiRho, Kristopher, Jewcoon, Hobo, Viking_Helmet, Trundel, Tubgirl Cosplay, Squiggly, Babylon the Bright, Rahul, paragon1, and Hot Yellow KoolAid.

I 3- OrangeOrbit, A Darker Porpoise, and GoneWithTheTornado.

J 2 (Beat on her as well)- Paradox Personified and Vagon.

C and D 1 - Outrail.

I'll try to keep this updated, if you change your vote just say you're doing so in your next post alongside your vote and I'll fix it up.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 22, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

More than likely when she sees us come screaming about how Jalitha is being beaten by Dad when our hair is lopped off and there is blood on our face she'll shepard us off away from the sea-witch to let her husband work.

List is current as of now but it's 3:30ish in the morning so who knows what could happen!?

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 22, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

A. We are four and we've been dealt a blow we consider as serious as losing a limb, our Dad is yelling about how we are defiled and is now beating our Sister/Mother figure to death, we were 2 seconds away from being crushed to death, and now someone else is yelling at us. Staying in character! :downs:

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B is making the most sense to me. Uncle Jorah has obviously done something to calm Dad and now Dad is fairly calm in comparison to a few moments ago and is showing a form of genuine concern for us even if we don't fully understand why.

We're obviously gonna still be upset from what happened but Dad is paying attention to us now and wants us to do something and we've probably heard him going on and on about this Asherah fish guy quite a lot given his position in the village and he's worried we've upset them so best to ask for some forgiveness and do what Dad says.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 23, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Current standings with negative votes tallied.
A-8
B-21
C-28
D-0
E-2
F-0
G-2
H-2
I-1
J- 5 miscellaneous plans and 3 for A Terrible Person's plan

D&E-1

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

HardDisk you traitor to B-kind!

New totals
A-8
B-20
C-42 (3 negative)
D-1
E-2
F-0
G-1
H-7 (1 negative vote)
I-1
J- 9
D/E-1

I'll keep the tally updated on this post. Plus a little trivia, the last game was around the mid-80s participant wise towards the end the main group game, we're at 96 people this update as of baby picture.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 24, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1. F, H, A, B, D, C, G, and E

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

It's being worked on :v: no worries haha. Should be fun.

vvv- Bolding your vote or using the letter tokens Canuck-Errant posted makes the tallies a lot easier too.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 24, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

HOLD THE CHARTS!!! Also let Diog figure it out. I'm sure he didn't start a big vote like this without knowing how to sort it.

The charts and our counting are the plan. :v: Folks volunteered to help figure this out.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

^ We're ten not six.

JT Jag posted:

Yo I just want to say, skill powergaming aside, it's going to look really bad if we spend more time with this outsider who tainted us than our own mother. I'm sure our mom is pretty cool too and will pass on more to us than just basketweaving and rope knowledge.

Mom is mentioned all over the parenting moments in the first update except for that one time we get left with Jathila alone and bad things happen. She also made us a bitchin' necklace and was there for us when we woke up from being half drowned/fish baptized.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 07:42 on May 24, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

RandomPauI posted:

Counterpoint: Did Skygod save Jalitha from getting severely beaten by one of Ashera's high priests?

quote:

At other times, your father has caught her praying to the sky giants before and gotten VERY angry when he caught her and beat her for doing so.

On multiple occasions even! Skygiant is totally a real god and not fake at all!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

So just gonna throw this out here but come join the chatroom from time to time, we've been discussing literature of the highest class and been having some wonderful discussions. Fun times all around in #madgod on the synirc server.

Plenty of classy literature discussion feel free to come.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Tell me the one about how Adom and Jaar came up with seaweed cakes Daddy. :downs:

I was a horrible fool, our long term goals are more important than what Dad has to say.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 25, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah if we're talking to Dad lets ask him about the voice telling us about storms while we were being drowned.

e: Seconding Callipygian Weasel's question.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:17 on May 25, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

1) HELL NO!
2) Yes please enlighten us Poppa.
e: Tell us about the cuttlefish man inquiring minds need to know!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 25, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I'm all for telling him the truth about the only message we've gotten so far.
Dad questions: Why don't I have any siblings? Is okay by me.

Self questions:
When the men leave the village when they come back do they bring anything back with them? Are there any larger secluded caves around that stay above the tide? Do adults actively avoid us when we aren't doing work for them like the children avoid us?
vvv

quote:

You are now ten years old. You spent time with many people over the last six years, sometimes by choice, sometimes, you were forced to. Please order the following in the order you spent the most time with them, from most frequent to least frequent.

We were voting on who we spent time with from age 4-10 in that six year skip.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 00:51 on May 26, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Natalie Fartman posted:

I think she's actually our real mother.

Why let a baby chew on your nipples and toughen them up when you can get the slave to do it?

Yes to learning better. The sooner we know all of Dad's knowledge the sooner the Cuttlefish Council can begin it's work.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

<Diog> Are you sure you dont want to hold the gate? Or throw yourself on their spears, incase they are magical spears that grant supernatural powers if you voluntarily jump on them?

We've seen the great power these foreigners hold over the hellbeasts of the great beyond, surely they will reward us for our speedy surrender H :v:

Let's let Dad do his job. If he happens to get a spear in the neck well that tells us a lot about the level of protection Asherah will be granting us in the future. If he thinks it's a good idea he will call for Jathila.

Having potentially taught Jathila our language Dad probably speaks more of her language than anyone in the village. Also parading our slave around in front of a bunch of heavily armed like-raced people is probably a fast track to getting our village slaughtered. Hey maybe everyone else is killed and Jathila pleads for our and Jorah's life and then we start the Baitel chapter!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 26, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

How do we know what languages Dad speaks? As the leader of this village it makes sense for Dad to make a judgement call, if he wants Jalitha to translate and potentially have her come out and tell these people to kill every one of us he can do that. Undermining his position is just a bad move.

We've also spent the last year doing what Dad tells us and generally being less of a gently caress-up in his eyes so it also makes sense that we'd look to him first.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 26, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

During our six year time skip.

Page 19 update posted:

From Jalitha you learned scraps of her tongue and limited bits of knowledge of lands far to the north of you and of their beliefs.

We aren't anywhere near fluent and probably lost some of that as we spent the last year pretty much with Dad exclusively or we were out doing things for him.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 27, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Keeping in mind a bunch of villagers are starting to come over and are making tentative stabs at these people and they've remained relatively calm. Our situation can be summed up with this Where they are the girl in this situation and we are the obvious participants.

We must be pretty loving weird to these people.

Chat logs regarding our Dad beating us being a normal occurance.

quote:

<Diog> It is not normal. The only person who physically harms others in the village, is your father. I wish I explicitly stated that, but with the timeskips, there was no good time to fit it in. The men of your village dont hurt their wives or kids., or each other.
<Diog> Its just your dad.

As always appreciate people posting their new vote as a separate thing and using the icons, it makes it much easier to keep tally of who is where. Thanks folks. :3:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 27, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

I have mentioned this in IRC, but not in the thread! I have been keeping a running document of the information we know about the game so far (I am terrible at remembering minutia, so mostly it is for my own benefit). If you are ever confused, forget something, or just want to kill some time then head on over to here and take in some background story!

You'll find some bits and pieces of the IRC only info we've gotten in there. Going to try and keep as much of that as possible in there.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Our problem with trotting Jalitha out is that she was beaten that one time yeah, and it was hard enough that it's done permanent damage to her legs. But she's also been beaten on a semi-regular basis as well whenever Dad has caught her praying to her God. So she may likely just go "Hey I've been a slave for 11+ years could you kill these savages" Or maybe she's got stockholm syndrome and will establish a fantastic trade deal for us with the pot of pearls we've given her over the years. Who knows.

Maybe she's been praying to El to send Smattas and Marnal, better hope there's no lightning in the next update!

Smattas the spear! :hist101:

quote:

Smattas always arrives to defeat horrible monsters and save little children when all hope is lost and he always, always, always wins, even when it seems impossible.

Marnal the other guy! :science: Who can flex people back to life?

quote:

Lighting are blessings sent by Marnal as Smattas fights, to help sick and hurt people who were hurt by monsters, he is so strong he can even bring dead people back to life!

Our culture are(is?) the horrible monsters. :ssh:

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 10:13 on May 27, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Ahahahahaha you were all warned about the sea-witch! Vindication!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Jalitha is going to get the entirety of our people killed, if Dad and Asherah don't take care of this Asherah's people certainly will.

A STORM IS COMING

Changed on page 30.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 27, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Outrail posted:

Our people are a bunch of backwards troglodytes led by an unstable shithead. The other guys seem pretty chill and have monsters that sprout clay urns full of poison and can drink poison and like it. Is there a contest here?

Edit: Did Jalitha wash up on a wave of water or jizz? If it was the later we can assume Asherah may have had a part.

"Hey uncle Jorah, uncle Pagam, Mom have fun dying peace out! These guys seem real cool!"

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

DCBomB posted:

Any vote against A is a vote for the beatings to continue

Okay! Changing my vote to

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 27, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

"My son! I am so sorry! We need to go now before the demon takes it's vengeance!

Dad is on his way back for VENGEANCE!!! Stab that armor hole and pray to Asherah to the Gods to smith this heathen!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 28, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Raserys posted:

At best, shrugged off and forced to go anyway. At worst, skewered by the guys with actual swords for killing their King.

At best the tooth pierces the Kings now exposed flesh and Dad's essence flows through the tooth into the King and he explodes in a visceral blast of gore and our Dad is standing in his place coated in the guts of our enemies and continues to blast people to pieces with lightning.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

^ Nope! Vengeance!!!

I'm at work all day today but https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AmB38yzQY_2ZdE5FVXFGLXkzWEcwWTZzSHJIOF9sVmc&usp=drive_web should be editable if someone wants to help out. If you put a negative vote in or remove one due to a vote change add or remove 2 from the total votes slot to keep it corrected

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Globofglob posted:

Personally, I can't believe people don't want us to run, wait for the replacement, and get taught to fire crazy fish lasers from him.

Our dad was the high priest of the largest village on the coast he was clearly the most favored of Asherah and the best to learn crazy fish powers from.

Keep in mind dad removed open palm man's protection his armor is currently rent open for the stabbing! Do the right thing, stab a man. Blood for the fish god. E's for the E throne!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Going with disaregia's cryptic response. El is the storm that comes. Our fishy demon god warned of this moment!

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 06:04 on May 29, 2013

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Just putting it out there but our Dad only stopped after his head was disconnected from his spine! If we go back and slap his head back on he'll totally magic up again and be fine I bet! Let's tell them we forgot our toothbrush and head on back :v:.

Changing my vote to plan maxhush!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Canuck-Errant posted:

Here's the spreadsheet.

Honestly, I'm surprised maxhush's option got such a surge in votes right after it was suggested.

Edit: Going to try to be an impartial vote-tallier from here on~

Thanks for the help! My work week is looking all kinds of hectic so counting has been tough.

I went into plan sassafras knowing bad things could happen and unless it loses all support I don't feel like changing it.

Sorry for being inconsistent with my vote counting Diog I am the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dang my festering hatred quashed again! Hm this gonna be a tough choice for me to rationalize and keep in check with what I think of our character. Ah we'll I'll think on it. Thanks for the update Diogines, good lunch break reading. :v: