Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
B. "Then I will find a way for us to be together!" You will ask Ishamal to try to arrange it, as he offered to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Well, Danal asked you. Do you want to be king?

C. I don't know.

2. Will Danal have to be king?

H. I don't know.

3. You respond...
Q. "I do. But you need your rest. Go back to sleep, I am fine." And you mean it.

4. Well, there was certainly nothing at all odd or suspicious about Ishamal's request. Do you agree?
W. I agree.

5. You spent time doing many things since you came home, but you also prepared to join Aaron. What activity did you devote most of your time to?
5B. You trained to use a club with Agamemnon, Ishamal's friend who offered to teach you other weapons. You can't seriously fight with the club Ishamal gave you(if you decided to keep it)... yet, maybe if you get stronger, but you train with a club more your size, for now.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Do you agree and let Danal off his janitorial duties in El's temple?

F. No. Because I think Tudiya will be upset.

2. To which you say...

J. Yes.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

FoxTerrier posted:

Bring the flute to your lips and concentrate on becoming one with your own body. Feel your body return to itself, feel Snarls return to himself, feel everything become as it was and as the music flows through you.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

SerSpook posted:

We say a brief prayer to El. Yet even as we pray we are already focusing on the shape of Snarls' soul and thinking of it being drawn into his doggy body. While we do this we stretch out with our hands with absolute surety that it will work and grasp Snarls' soul. We then pull the soul back into his body with our own soul and our own hands. Try to keep praying to El as we do this. Also with our other hand, try to bring Snarls' body to his soul with the same method. They are joining together, we know this, we feel this. We can do this through El.

Sounds good to me

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You....

I. WELL MAYBE IF EVERYONE IN MY GODDAMN LIFE WOULD STOP BEING SO CRYPTIC WITH ME I WOULD KNOW WHAT TO DO WHO THE HELL ARE YOU WHERE THE HELL AM I WHERE THE gently caress IS MY DOG AND WHAT IS GOING ON!?

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
F. I am frustrated.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
J. Try to get in between the two of them and pull them apart!

They are both acting like children, best to treat them like children!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You....

G. Try to pull them apart.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You...
A. You nod. Ask what he would have us do instead?

2. You say...
G. Yes.

3. Do you tell Aaron about the foreskins you need?
K. Yes. Ask for advice/monster slaying training, etc

4. And what about the fact that Snarls nose can probably help you find monsters more easily?
O. I do tell Aaron.

5. What is your plan to take down a deer?
T. I try to sneak up till I am at a hundred paces, Then take a careful shot

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. During your trip, which skill will you ask Aaron about the most?
E. All of the above. I learned a little about each.

2. Where do you want to go?
I. Straight south. This land is less well known and rarely traveled, we might find something unexpected.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You responded to his question by....
B. Nodding with a smile.

2. You....
M. Run a hundred paces beyond the tree and wait there, bow drawn. If it comes into view, you will shoot.

3. You tell Snarls....
V. To stay by you.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You...

A. Stay stationary at two hundred paces or so and watch.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You....

C. Show Aaron the skull and see what he thinks of it.

I don't want to loot the skull though.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You also learned...(Pick ONE)
B. Many a time you saw Aaron creep upon your prey. Watching him, you have learned more of how to sneak upon wild animals. More than once you saw Aaron sneak up on a wild deer and not be noticed till you grabbed it. You are no master, you are hardly an apprentice but you have learned more of stealth from Aaron.

2. You...
I. Stood far to the rear of Aaron but still in the cave and shot arrows at them.

3. You...
M. I stayed back, but not as far as I might have and when I thought it safe enough, I shot my bow.

4. You encountered...
U. We saw an honest-to-El giant. Thirty feel tall, a great and savage brute with a belt around it's hips filled with skulls!

You believe..
X. As Aaron does. The faith of the men of Zepath. I believe it all true but there may be more.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. What are you going to do with the stinger?
A. I trade it to merchants for gold, they will probably carry it to a larger city. It might be resold a few times and will probably end up on a temple altar as an offering.

2. How have you spent most of your time during the last year?

F. I did as Tudiya wished me to. I joined Aaron on his hunts and was frequently in the wilds, learning from him Aaron the job of a Mighty Man. Our first trip was two months, but the trips we had after that, shorter, no more than a month at most. At times you simply went into the wilds to hunt where Aaron would lead. At other times, you followed the reports of travelers and merchants who saw beasts beyond. You did spend most of the last year outside of the city.

3. You...

R. Tell him that even men who are not Mighty Men can be heroes and he is coming with you to be a hero, no matter what. There are such rare and exceptional individuals. A handful of them are in the Old Tales, mostly overshadow by Mighty men, some of Bareen's adventurers may also qualify as lesser heroes... though for each of her men who might have succeeded at it, many dozens perished.

4. Whatever your primary focus for the last year was, you spent time on some other things. What else did you do?

X. I spent time with Tudiya as he did his kingly duties, beside him in the market and on other occasions, keeping my relation with him strong and expanding my knowledge of Zepathan customs, religion and politics.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You are, thanks to watching King's Chair time with Tudiya, more experienced in negotiations than Faral. He is also desperate. Did you squeeze him for more
A. 30% of their profits is the traditional amount for someone sponsoring a new artisan to start their trade. I kept it there.

2. What do you pick as your seal?
A shark tooth

3. What do you do with the rest of your money?
K. I give the money to the carpenter, so he can build a bridge, I would get money from tolls.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You are, thanks to watching King's Chair time with Tudiya, significantly more experienced in negotiations than Lefkandi, who is not the most social person anyway. He may not be desperate, he is not starving, but he truly hates digging for clay and wants these slaves a whole bunch. You could probably squeeze him for more if you wanted.
B. 40%

2. What do you pick as your seal?
A shark tooth being hit with a lightning bolt.

3. What do you do with the rest of your money?

I. I give the money to Falal, the fletcher.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
I vote we don't ask them.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You guys do realize that slaves are very cheap, and freeing them will pretty much make this a waste of time and money for us yes?

Just tell them not to worry, they will be taken care of, and will be free in 21 years, the time will just fly by!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

hollylolly posted:

B - pace yourself!

...but watch your back.

This works for me

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Can you keep up?
C. Of course I can!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
G. I think to snarls to find me something to eat and to meet me up ahead somewhere. Something I can eat while running and not stopping.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

E. Keep running. Telepathy to Snarls to start get us a big piece of meat and we will meet him up ahead. Yell at the crowd for food and grab whatever they offer/throw.

do it!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
X. Send snarls to fetch Ishamal or Tudya

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
I pray to Volor.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You tell Zebanetha...
F. There was a battle at the Temple of the Melachim and this man fought for El! Please save him!

2. Where are you going next?
L. I find Ishamal!

3. (Optional) At this particular moment I believe...
G. I believe the orthodox faith is right, but I think there may be more information to make a more complete picture, it may contradict the orthodox faith, but only a little.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. To which you say...

B. Because she is an evil crazy witch!

2. To which you say...
E. Oh. Um. Right! Just, you know, being prepared and careful like you taught me!

3. I spend my time between now and then...

S. See if Aaron wants to try and get into the vault.

Also here is another vote for not wanting to abandon our home and everyone we know and care about.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
2. When you told that to Aaron, did you honestly think there was something in that chamber which would destroy the city?

J. I interpreted that statement by Bareen and the smoke to mean that there was something in the hidden chamber which might destroy the city.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You....
D. Tell Aaron that we need to listen to Zebanetha, the King always did. Even if El only knows what horrors might creep out in the mean time.

2. (OPTIONAL) At this particular moment I believe...
N. I believe the orthodox faith is right, but I think there may be more information to make a more complete picture, it may contradict the orthodox faith, but only a little.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
You....

F. Try to persuade Aaron to let you stay with him. Tell him Snarls nose will find Ishamal faster than anyone.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. To which you said... what?

B. Bareen was a crazy witch and grabbed us because she was bad and crazy and hates El. And now she is dead because Tudiya and Rimush beat her to death with their bare hands, I think, no one told me how she died but she is dead. The last time I saw her Rimush was punching her in the face over and over while Tudiya held her, that probably did it.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. If Tudiya asks you why you went to the Temple of the Melachim, what will you tell him?
A. I wanted to win the bow!
It was games day, and we didn't think anything like this was going to happen.

(Optional, add as many as you like)
I. ...and I take full responsibility for what happened.
J. ...and I am really sorry.

2. You tell him....
O. Tell him everything she told you, as best as you can recall.

I want to know about how fighting the demons went, and how come no one knew they were down there.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

paragon1 posted:

Don't insult the powerful older man who has been good to us.

I see no reason to be a jerk, don't ask any insulting questions.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. Did he just say-... do you wish to intervene in any way to try to extend this mans life so you can question him?
B. No. I do not want to intervene.

2. A number of people will die tomorrow by stoning. Will you join in the stoning?
E. I will be there, but I won't actually stone them.

3. Will you try to intervene on behalf of any of the condemned?
G. No.

4. Time advancement. When things calm down, if they do, how much do you wish to advance time, assuming no critical decisions come up first?
K. To the next noteworthy event to occur in a year or less.

Vigil is fine, Ask Tudya about what we should do about eating

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
Shoot his hand holding the knife

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You....
C. Adopt Agamemnon's plan.

Sorry Paebel

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. You tell Danal that...
M. Tell him he can train with us, but its not yet his time to join us on adventures.

2. Do you take Gaddiel along?
Q. Tell Lefkandi I am taking Gaddiel for a few months. We'll deduct a fourth of what I would get from Lefkandi while Gaddiel is away.

3. (Optional) If voted to bring Gaddiel along, what are you using him for?
T. To tend to the pack animals and perform other tasks suitable for a servant and laborer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
1. There are many ways you might prioritize who you recruit and many desirable qualities. You have five points to spend on the following criteria. The more total points you spend, the more you favor that criteria. You can spread the points out or spend them all on one criteria.

B.B.
D.
J.J.

2. Ultimately you decide to...
N. Take Jobe.

3. Ultimately you decide to...
Q. Take them along.

4. Ultimately you decide to...
W. Take him and I want to take him so much, I go over the thirty person limit I previously decided upon.

5. Minivote. The consequences of this will result in a followup to this later tonight.

Zb. Promise the man Tudiya will treat him fairly but tell him that you need to bring him to the King and urge him to come, voluntarily. If he refuses, then we drag him before Tudiya.