Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Dammit my bad, that's the character name, Omnikin. PSN ID is SpheresOfBadness

I'll add both you and Mr_Dread when I get back home from work.

Also Mr_Dread : If you are looking for a 4th spot in Last of Us MP, or want to jump in, hit me up. I think I'm on the left Faction (the scavenger guys).

I haven't played any TLoU multiplayer yet. As it turns out I'm phenomenally bad at the single-player, to the point where I'm afraid I threw away my money on a game I'll never be able to beat.

You know that one guy who spins around in circles and shoots all the bullets directly into the floor in every multiplayer game? That's me. That's what you're getting when you invite me to play. (I'll probably still try it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

titties posted:

I haven't played any TLoU multiplayer yet. As it turns out I'm phenomenally bad at the single-player, to the point where I'm afraid I threw away my money on a game I'll never be able to beat.

You know that one guy who spins around in circles and shoots all the bullets directly into the floor in every multiplayer game? That's me. That's what you're getting when you invite me to play. (I'll probably still try it)

You'll have a rough time doing that in MP, especially since you only generally start out with like 7 bullets. :)

Happy to help out a fellow goon and get some games in, though. As long as we stick together, we should be ok.

Sorry for the derail...how bout dem Alerts?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
If I were to only get one DLC pack for now to unlock premium access, what do you guys suggest? I've done some research and I'm leaning towards Fight for the Light because a)new power that looks hilariously awesome (the helicopter alone almost sells me on it) and b)apparently it's a good stepping stone for just-hit-30 players to move up in CR. Thoughts?

Also, Brian and Titties I added both of you- look for a request from legit3incher

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I would never suggest only one because raids exist in this game.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Well money isn't exactly bursting out of my wallet right now so I'm looking to take it slow and pick up one DLC pack at a time. Is Fight for the Light a good start?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Omnikin posted:

Well money isn't exactly bursting out of my wallet right now so I'm looking to take it slow and pick up one DLC pack at a time. Is Fight for the Light a good start?

If you are not at the content yet, it's not much good to buy any of it unless you really want to play with a shield or a new powerset. It also goes on Steam sales from time to time.

All of the newer powersets seem to be at least slightly better than the old ones though.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Omnikin posted:

Honestly, if you know you like the game enough to do more than just dabble, wait and grab the Legendary pack because it's a good deal, especially if it goes on Steam sale in July.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I'm on PS3 so Steam sales don't help much

edit - but $30 for the Legendary pack is pretty damned good. I'll take your advice there

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So apparently the PS4 version of this game is going to have cross-platform play with the PC servers. Good news, I'd say, but sadly the PS3 players will be left behind on a dead console on isolated servers forever.

If nothing else, I'm sure this means there'll continue to be updates for quite a while for the game. I should try to get back into it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Supposedly it might be getting a big graphical overhaul for the occasion, too.

Gramatik
May 29, 2006

So I just started playing this on PS3. I made a ice dude on the villain side that made it to level 8 last night, and I'm enjoying it so far. I read in the OP that respecs are essentially free, but was wondering when and how I can go about that. Anyway, if anyone wants to hook up, my PSN ID is Pharmacopeia.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Gramatik posted:

I read in the OP that respecs are essentially free, but was wondering when and how I can go about that.

Go to the Watchtower/Hall of Doom, there'll be a device (marked on your map, I want to say) that'll let you reallocate all points for $500. More if you use it repeatedly in a row.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
As a side note, the cost of respecs goes back down to $500 after 1 day. It goes up to $650 then $800, etc. Don't respec more than once a day, in the long run unless you are doing T5 content you can get by with just about anything (you may get yelled at though...)

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Anyone have a link to the old DCUO thread? I'm devouring any info/tips/tricks about this game I can get and I've already read through all of this thread, and couldn't find a link in the OP.

I'm sticking to SA for my info source since the wiki seems to be outdated and I never visit the official forums of any MMO, ever.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

J3ng4 posted:

You have to get a certain level of PvP CR to unlock the next set. You can't even view them at all anymore.

Wait is this for real?

Can you still buy the Gunslinger chest if your PVP CR is high enough, then? I want that crap on my Ice guy.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

Anyone have a link to the old DCUO thread? I'm devouring any info/tips/tricks about this game I can get and I've already read through all of this thread, and couldn't find a link in the OP.

I'm sticking to SA for my info source since the wiki seems to be outdated and I never visit the official forums of any MMO, ever.

There are actually some very good and well put together threads on the official forums about power sets. I'd definitely check them out.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Kelp Plankton posted:

So apparently the PS4 version of this game is going to have cross-platform play with the PC servers. Good news, I'd say, but sadly the PS3 players will be left behind on a dead console on isolated servers forever.

If nothing else, I'm sure this means there'll continue to be updates for quite a while for the game. I should try to get back into it.

If this is true, I see it as crap, I doubt they will migrate accounts and I will not start over. If I wanted to play on PC I'd play on PC. A little nerd ragey so sorry for that but I see this as a total bonehead move. Can't wait till the PS crowd ruin the AH on PC side and dick up every PUG.

Nothing I can do about it so I will enjoy my remaining 6 months or so and retire. :) Again my appoligies for the comic guy moment lol

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mental Midget posted:

Here ya go.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Wait is this for real?

Can you still buy the Gunslinger chest if your PVP CR is high enough, then? I want that crap on my Ice guy.

I stole this from some GameFaqs post but it seems to be accurate:

Basically, you go to any PvP vendor in each wing of your headquarters and can purchase the T0 set for in game cash. The vendors for Hero are Robin, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl. For Villain they are Two-Face, Faust, and Ursa. This is the Aerial Crusader gear for Heroes and the style is Archangel. This is Aerial Devastator for Villains and the style is Blood Bat.
If you purchase all the gear including two rings, face, neck, and weapon, you should be at PvP CR77. This is new gear and even if you already have this style, if your PvP CR is less than 77 you should purchase this gear to upgrade. There is no way to get the old gear. You can delete your old PvP gear and salvage any exobytes you used for mods.

Once you are PvP CR77, you can go to any PvP vendor and purchase the T1 set for Marks of Valor. There are several sets to choose from. The basic set for heroes is style Avatar Bombardier and is CR level 81. You will have to get to PvP CR 82 before you can even see the next level of gear T2. Every vendor should sell that basic Avatar Bombardier set. In addition, each vendor sells an additional set corresponding to the old set styles. For example, Aquaman in the Magic Wing sells a T1 set with the style Aegis of Eternity. The stats are the same for all 4 sets of T1 PvP gear.

Once you are CR82, you have to go to the Hall of Heroes to get higher level gear.
The vendors that carry tiers 2 through 4 can be found in between the Meta and Magic wings of the Watchtower.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

J3ng4 posted:

I stole this from some GameFaqs post but it seems to be accurate:

Basically, you go to any PvP vendor in each wing of your headquarters and can purchase the T0 set for in game cash. The vendors for Hero are Robin, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl. For Villain they are Two-Face, Faust, and Ursa. This is the Aerial Crusader gear for Heroes and the style is Archangel. This is Aerial Devastator for Villains and the style is Blood Bat.
If you purchase all the gear including two rings, face, neck, and weapon, you should be at PvP CR77. This is new gear and even if you already have this style, if your PvP CR is less than 77 you should purchase this gear to upgrade. There is no way to get the old gear. You can delete your old PvP gear and salvage any exobytes you used for mods.

Once you are PvP CR77, you can go to any PvP vendor and purchase the T1 set for Marks of Valor. There are several sets to choose from. The basic set for heroes is style Avatar Bombardier and is CR level 81. You will have to get to PvP CR 82 before you can even see the next level of gear T2. Every vendor should sell that basic Avatar Bombardier set. In addition, each vendor sells an additional set corresponding to the old set styles. For example, Aquaman in the Magic Wing sells a T1 set with the style Aegis of Eternity. The stats are the same for all 4 sets of T1 PvP gear.

Once you are CR82, you have to go to the Hall of Heroes to get higher level gear.
The vendors that carry tiers 2 through 4 can be found in between the Meta and Magic wings of the Watchtower.

So I have to buy that full set of baseline PVP gear to get T0 to be able to see Gunslinger? Got it.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Honestly it may not even be in the game anymore:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gunslinger-trench-coat.158484/

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/lf-gunslinger-chest-style.159218/

There are two threads with no answers. RIP Gambit Coat.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just checked, no Gunslinger.

What the gently caress SOE. I am seriously baffled by some of their design choices with this game.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I hope to god one of the upcoming game updates adds in a new vendor or this stuff to the cash shop or SOMETHING to get use out of all these now-vanished styles. Seriously, nothing worse than just removing something that's already in there and you've done the work on.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?
It is so so so so so nice to not have to pug t3a. We even have a goon-only perfect dps/troll/heal/tank setup! How do you actually break into t4 without buying a full set of t3 gear though? All of t3 content (including FOS) seems to only drop CR64.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

on that note if someone could invite my villain main Scissorman thatd be cool thanks :shobon:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

revenance posted:

It is so so so so so nice to not have to pug t3a. We even have a goon-only perfect dps/troll/heal/tank setup! How do you actually break into t4 without buying a full set of t3 gear though? All of t3 content (including FOS) seems to only drop CR64.

The T3 raids drop CR70CR62 and the gear from the T3 Vendor is CR70. You're better off getting T2.5 (if you have Central City) and modding those while mixing in some CR70 stuff.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 22, 2013

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

actually, the fortress of solitude raids drop 62 gear.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

^^^ Thanks for the correction.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Been getting this error:

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried:
-Restarting the Launcher
-Verifying Game Files
-Restarted Steam
-Restarted my PC

I've even gotten an error about my graphics card a couple times.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Give it another try right now? They just posted a news update about investigating "login troubles" that they think is now fixed.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Steam client has been unable to launch for about a month for me, I launch from outside Steam now using the downloader on the site.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 22, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

It works now, cool!

I'll probably be on later tonight, I'd like to start gearing up my heale. If anyone wants to do some Sub Avatars or earlier Duos/Alerts sometime hit up Senseimillia in game.

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Just realized you can make more than 2 characters if you create multiple Station names under the same email address. Cool! I am really considering dropping the $30 for legendary, but I want to get at least one character to 30 first and see what's what, because the best value for the legendary seems to be getting those 4 DLC's. Spending the $30 gives you infinite in game cash and a lot of character slots too, right? Or is that only if you subscribe?

Resetting my password because of the Error nonsense earlier reset all my controller and game settings :cool: Really instilling confidence in me to drop that $30, SOE!

Mental Midget fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 23, 2013

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

you could always just upgrade to legendary or premium for less overall hassle and get 6/16 characters.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

nehezir posted:

you could always just upgrade to legendary or premium for less overall hassle and get 6/16 characters.

Well if he bought the Legendary pack he'd become premium right? I think that's the deal

If anyone on USPS3 Hero side wants to run the baby duos/alerts later, send a tell to Chip Kelly. I'll be on roughly all day

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

The Steam client has been unable to launch for about a month for me, I launch from outside Steam now using the downloader on the site.

I like how 'unable to launch the game at all' is apparently a low enough priority bug to go unfixed for a whole month. Sure, a workaround exists but that just seems like the sort of thing that should be jumped on and fixed immediately if not sooner.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

So anyone who has run an instance with me more than once knows that I typically change my entire look up on Blutkrieg about twice a week.

This week it's Red Skull meets Captain Planet villain. Why am I wearing power armor? Obviously so I can do this whenever I move:

Also, crab-claw-of-death dual weapon style thanks to the Aegis of Azerath hands, which like most Magic sets is one of the better-looking in the game.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Well poo poo, I forgot about this gem since getting my new PC.

Installing and subscription renewed, time to be a Saturday morning cartoon villain-du-jour again. :moreevil:

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So anyone who has run an instance with me more than once knows that I typically change my entire look up on Blutkrieg about twice a week.

This week it's Red Skull meets Captain Planet villain. Why am I wearing power armor? Obviously so I can do this whenever I move:

Also, crab-claw-of-death dual weapon style thanks to the Aegis of Azerath hands, which like most Magic sets is one of the better-looking in the game.

I like to change up my style sometimes. What I think would be great is if we ran with themes as a league. As in once a week the league MOTD gets changed to include a different costume theme and people customize their outfits in accordance with that theme, stuff like different eras in comic books, wild west, tokusatsu, Ming the merciless, smart casual. It's a super corny idea and of course it'd be totally optional, but I really like corny stuff, particularly in a corny game like DCUO.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mimsy posted:

I like to change up my style sometimes. What I think would be great is if we ran with themes as a league. As in once a week the league MOTD gets changed to include a different costume theme and people customize their outfits in accordance with that theme, stuff like different eras in comic books, wild west, tokusatsu, Ming the merciless, smart casual. It's a super corny idea and of course it'd be totally optional, but I really like corny stuff, particularly in a corny game like DCUO.

We would need to play regularly first. Whenever I logon in the last few weeks, no one is on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I just started this yesterday, just felt like taking a break from STO. It's interesting so far but I have one major gripe.

HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL DO I SHUT UP GOLD FARMER ADS!?

They were popping up while running around in Metropolis, but when I made it to legion of doom headquarters, my god. Ads were being spammed CONSTANTLY and on multiple chat channels, by one bot just standing there. I couldn't find any way to report it, or ignore it. In STO it's easy, just clike on the name in the chat channel and hit report, bang. Reported and ignored in one go, I couldn't find a way to do it in this game. Hints please?

• Locked thread