Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
/ignore (name). If the name isn't a single word, put it in quotes (so /ignore "name name")

Alternatively, hit F4 and go to... I think it's "Last Spoken" or something like that and just highlight/ignore them from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Rabidredneck posted:

I just started this yesterday, just felt like taking a break from STO. It's interesting so far but I have one major gripe.

HOW IN THE BLOODY HELL DO I SHUT UP GOLD FARMER ADS!?

They were popping up while running around in Metropolis, but when I made it to legion of doom headquarters, my god. Ads were being spammed CONSTANTLY and on multiple chat channels, by one bot just standing there. I couldn't find any way to report it, or ignore it. In STO it's easy, just clike on the name in the chat channel and hit report, bang. Reported and ignored in one go, I couldn't find a way to do it in this game. Hints please?

I basically have all of global chat on ignore.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Syrg Sapphire posted:

/ignore (name). If the name isn't a single word, put it in quotes (so /ignore "name name")

Alternatively, hit F4 and go to... I think it's "Last Spoken" or something like that and just highlight/ignore them from there.

You can also just make a new chat filter tab and have it only show League.

Gramatik
May 29, 2006

As I'm getting fairly close to level 30, I'm wondering what you Ice guys are using for your loadouts. I've been following the ice guide on the DCUO forums, but was curious if my fellow goons have deviated from the standard builds in this thread (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-chilly-guide-to-everything-ice.197/#post-1179).

Also, I went Acrobatics / Martial arts and have enjoyed the setup, but I'm confused as to what I should be unlocking for the two. Said guide above doesn't really delve into those aspects too deeply. Basically what I'm wondering is, are there certain abilities which are absolutely must-have for tanking/dps and if so, which?

Gramatik fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jun 25, 2013

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Gramatik posted:

As I'm getting fairly close to level 30, I'm wondering what you Ice guys are using for your loadouts. I've been following the ice guide on the DCUO forums, but was curious if my fellow goons have deviated from the standard builds in this thread (https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/a-chilly-guide-to-everything-ice.197/#post-1179).

Also, I went Acrobatics / Martial arts and have enjoyed the setup, but I'm confused as to what I should be unlocking for the two. Said guide above doesn't really delve into those aspects too deeply. Basically what I'm wondering is, are there certain abilities which are absolutely must-have for tanking/dps and if so, which?

With weapon trees just take all the active abilities. After that you can start grabbing the passives based on the one role you want to be doing the most (defense/HP for tanks, might/precision/crit for DPS). Also, you might consider grabbing the first node for all the weapons when you start getting enough skill points, just to be able to equip other weapons to help with the style achievement track.

Acrobatics, all you have to worry about is getting the three travel-related nodes up top (rocket glide and the two line abilities) and the five breakout-related ones further down. The active abilities from travel power trees (save for a few select ones for certain roles) are largely useless/flavor so you don't really have to spend points on them.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009
A question about the new Energy weapon sets... is it only blue or yellow, or do I get to play a Lantern with green constructs and blue/yellow weapons? :smith:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ryoutarou posted:

A question about the new Energy weapon sets... is it only blue or yellow, or do I get to play a Lantern with green constructs and blue/yellow weapons? :smith:

You can't change the colors of the sets, and your Lantern powers remain green or yellow.

But they have a weapon set for green already.

Ryoutarou
Nov 6, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

You can't change the colors of the sets, and your Lantern powers remain green or yellow.

But they have a weapon set for green already.

Oh I didn't know there was green weapons, or rather I forgot there were (It's be awhile since I last played, the Flash stuff wasn't even out at the time)

but kinda lame I can't change the power set to blue then! Anyways thanks for the answer, seems I wont need to pick this up.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yellow set looks cool as hell

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

So is there a method to getting the installer not be a complete loving piece of useless poo poo? I've been trying to patch and it has crashed four times already. I know it's got a history of problems, I had to install through Steam because installing directly kept failing, but this is my first significant patch and I just keep getting this:

code:
Unable to download SocketError:Unreachable - No data (11004 - 12.120.106.128 - 
[url]http://dcuo.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/dcuo-pc/dcuo.sha.zs/cc/494/1fe90d8ac75c42c89d614bd6f9bf8a6dfee[/url]

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

They finally added the yellow set? gently caress yes, time to make a villain with the Light powerset. :flashfap:

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
I'm playing neverwinter for a bit. can still hop on if prodded but I probably won't log on on my own for a few weeks.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I haven't played this game in a year. At some point did everyone get a respec and what's this business about lairs. The go do things voice said he put something in my inventory but I cant see it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Goofballs posted:

I haven't played this game in a year. At some point did everyone get a respec and what's this business about lairs. The go do things voice said he put something in my inventory but I cant see it.

If you are level 12, you now have a lair. There should be a blue item labeled "Deed" in your inventory.

As for respec, that one I do not know about, but if your powerset was Ice, Fire, Gadgets, or Mental it might have been from when they retooled those classes.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
How the gently caress do you get a power ring?

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Roll a class that has light as their power set.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

How the gently caress do you get a power ring?

Very carefully.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Darth Freddy posted:

Roll a class that has light as their power set.

That's exactly what I'm doing.

I take it they removed them from the PS3 version?

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

I've been playing the game for about a week, really like it, bought the Ultimate DLC pack and the Origin Crisis pack (because I want to try ALL THE POWERS, that's why). Though I've run into this thing, and I don't know if it's a bug or what, but I can't add more research stuff/collectibles to my character, even though I meet all the prereqs for it (in the case of research plans). Is there a limit on how many plans/collections you can have going at one time? The dialogue option pops up asking me if I'd like to add it, I say yes, and then nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

This is on PC, if that makes a difference.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

That's exactly what I'm doing.

I take it they removed them from the PS3 version?

The ring automatically appears on your finger when you have that powerset.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

So I know we've got a villain league but do we have anything hero-side? My ostensible main is a hero in the low 20's and I'd like to try the multiplayer side of the game. I'd happily take an invite on one of my villains to that league, Ohmbudsman is the one I think I'm likely to focus on right now.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
PS3 or PC? I'm on Heroes USPS3 side right now, don't think any other goons are. Most are Villains which I've yet to create

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Omnikin posted:

PS3 or PC? I'm on Heroes USPS3 side right now, don't think any other goons are. Most are Villains which I've yet to create

Sorry, should have specified; I'm on PC.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

The ring automatically appears on your finger when you have that powerset.

According to a thread I literally just found on the official forum, it's bug and SOE's TOP MEN are trying to fix it.

Omnikin posted:

I've got a level 22 hero (with lovely gear): Rooster Hardcastle

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Why is the Aquaman (event) fight so hard for people to figure out? When he jumps in the middle hit the security node things. Rinse repeat between room clearings.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE?!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Kortel posted:

Why is the Aquaman (event) fight so hard for people to figure out? When he jumps in the middle hit the security node things. Rinse repeat between room clearings.

Oh snap, they brought this back? I still have Sand Dollars from last year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

According to a thread I literally just found on the official forum, it's bug and SOE's TOP MEN are trying to fix it.

For new heroes, or did it just disappear completely?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Kortel posted:

quote:

The other day I had a Batcave raid that couldn't handle the Zeta miniboss even though most of us were way over-geared for it. Why? Because they weren't intelligent enough to attack the healer trash mobs, even after being told about 20 times. It was me and one other person attacking them most of the time, so it took us five times as long as necessary to kill it.

For reference, the Zeta robot boss is the one where it flashes "HEALER TRASH MOBS INCOMING" on the screen every time they show up. This was too complex for the group to grasp. Meanwhile, some people were not even attacking the boss, but instead his other worthless adds.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

For new heroes, or did it just disappear completely?

The latter. It'll be fixed early next week apparently.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Been playing this a fair amount lately and finally got my level 28 guy from a year ago up to level 30, would be down to play with Goons and such, I'm also trying to get some friends in to play as villains so I'll also be starting a guy on that faction. My main guy is a Hero on the PC version: Red Duck

On a side note, I completed the Omac mission but it keeps getting stuck on the final part and won't let me complete it even though I finished the mission. I assume I need to start over and complete the mission from scratch hoping it fixes the problem?

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Apparently it was a bug. It fixed itself after waiting a day then booting back into it.

Man, stuff really does slow down around level 15, doesn't it? At least on the PvE side.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr. Bones posted:

Apparently it was a bug. It fixed itself after waiting a day then booting back into it.

Man, stuff really does slow down around level 15, doesn't it? At least on the PvE side.

Ah ok, thanks.

And I didn't notice things slowing down at around level 15, I got to level 25 pretty quickly compared to other MMORPGs I've played. I do however notice that a level 30 taking on multiple mobs at the same level is a really bad idea.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Kortel posted:

I remember playing that last year. The first time I tried it, I had no idea what to do and so it took forever. After the first time though, I had it down. It's not even really all that hard. You just have to understand the objective and work together to get the job down.

That is the one downside of playing raids and stuff, some people have no idea what is going on, and they have little desire to figure it out. And, in many cases its people who should know better because they've played the raid or level before. When you have a good crew of people, it's amazing. When people use the message box to coordinate efforts, and the plan comes together it's extremely satisfying.

But when people ignore that stuff and the entire mission now takes a million times longer than necessary, it makes you want to kill people.

Same with that Bat Cave mission. Last time I played that single part took about 40 minutes to get through, because there were 2 people trying to tackle healer bots while everybody else just jumped around like A-holes.

I keep meaning to start playing again... now seems like a good time!

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home
I'm guessing it's because of a huge population split, but doing the summer event on my villain is an exercise in frustration whereas it's really quick and smooth on my hero. Just today I queued into a group that had been tackling it for over an hour and had gone through over a dozen people. I saw why after the level 21 started the instance immediately while someone else hadn't revived from the prior attempt. Simply amazing.

For whatever reason though my hero - who's only cr 60-something - gets put in groups with people in full quantum gear, whereas my villain is matched up with level 20's. Probably the population split or poor matchmaking? It's annoying either way.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Villain side, I get paired with anywhere between level 4 to level 30 characters doing the event mission.
I think it's a population issue. I helped finish off a fight today that had 20ish players registered to it. No one knew what the hell to do.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Really? I've ONLY gotten 30s for the event.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
In game, pc villain side: Signore Punchinello

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Roydrowsy posted:

I remember playing that last year. The first time I tried it, I had no idea what to do and so it took forever. After the first time though, I had it down. It's not even really all that hard. You just have to understand the objective and work together to get the job down.

That is the one downside of playing raids and stuff, some people have no idea what is going on, and they have little desire to figure it out. And, in many cases its people who should know better because they've played the raid or level before. When you have a good crew of people, it's amazing. When people use the message box to coordinate efforts, and the plan comes together it's extremely satisfying.

But when people ignore that stuff and the entire mission now takes a million times longer than necessary, it makes you want to kill people.

Same with that Bat Cave mission. Last time I played that single part took about 40 minutes to get through, because there were 2 people trying to tackle healer bots while everybody else just jumped around like A-holes.

I keep meaning to start playing again... now seems like a good time!

I tried playing my hero the other day. He used to be a powerhouse controller, and i totally sucked at him. I think I need to spend a little time getting back into the swing of things. Slowly getting my Nutzo Berzerko up to level 30 in the meantime.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah I don't know how to gadgets anymore.

also what drops that diving helmet I WANT IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It's one of the two seasonal items, I do not know which offhand, I still need the summer head and I know there are a couple of rare drops involved too that it might be.

Sparkly variant looks hilarious equipped on a dog, however.

• Locked thread