Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Fuzz posted:

Yes you can, and you can keep all your characters you make, so I would suggest you just roll up a full 6 characters with a few using the DLC powers, and then just leave them in case you want to try out the non-free stuff after your Legendary runs out. Weapons don't matter (other than Shield) since you can always swap out later. Honestly, I'd probably say to just make every character use the Shield so that you ALWAYS have that first proficiency skill so that even when you aren't Legendary, the game doesn't pull some crap later where you spec out of it and then try to spec back and it says you don't have the right DLC. (The Last Laugh DLC) Shield is the only DLC weapon that was added. (and it's awesome)

Huh that's awesome I was reading somewhere it locked DLC characters without the proper DLC after Legendary ran out. This would make a month of Legendary totally worth it as the powers and shield are the only thing I care about outside the free sub. This thing is awesome to people not wanting to spend money, loving it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see
So I assume everyone is on PC? I have a fire user villian named Sindus but it's PS3 and only just about level 16 so I have awhile to be useful. Also what is up with the named bounties I tried to take on some statue thing that says it's level 12 and it smacked me around like a naughty dog and I did maybe a quarter inch of damage to it.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Kortel posted:

So, I'm really digging the AoE on Rifle mixed in with the knock down AoE from Ignition - Fire line. However, I am finding it hard to balance Precision and Might. Is this something I'm going to have to do one or the other on as I level up more?

I was having this same dilemna and I had been stacking might over all else. The reasoning was it was great fun in pvp to start whacking away at a guy doing piss damage then bursting the living piss out of him when he found me no threat. God so many people whig hard on that but I was seriously gimping myself in pve for leveling. I suggest if your goal is to level then maximize precision and defense. Don't have to worry about power drains and should be tough enough to solo most things.

Edit: I am an ignition fire user too btw.

Odoyle rules!

ganash fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 28, 2013

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see
For the PS3 guys, what is up with our auction house? It's retarded, half a mil for some salvaged bits. Seriously? I must be missing something because outside a lucky drop cash flow on the AH I have felt blessed to break 20k and at game vendors that is more than adequate. When did capitalism make people lose their minds on here? Even to screw free and premium people over 50k would do it.

My Villian's name is Sindus btw. Fresh fire 30 and just found the glory of a full PVP tank set. Omg no more sucker punching A-holes. Just tits.

ganash fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 16, 2013

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Kelp Plankton posted:

So apparently the PS4 version of this game is going to have cross-platform play with the PC servers. Good news, I'd say, but sadly the PS3 players will be left behind on a dead console on isolated servers forever.

If nothing else, I'm sure this means there'll continue to be updates for quite a while for the game. I should try to get back into it.

If this is true, I see it as crap, I doubt they will migrate accounts and I will not start over. If I wanted to play on PC I'd play on PC. A little nerd ragey so sorry for that but I see this as a total bonehead move. Can't wait till the PS crowd ruin the AH on PC side and dick up every PUG.

Nothing I can do about it so I will enjoy my remaining 6 months or so and retire. :) Again my appoligies for the comic guy moment lol

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see
Does anyone happen to pvp? Just curious what the Goon opinion for the coming update was. I'm not a fan of the changes being made (reffering to the new movement powers debuffing everything) and being a fire tank in PVP myself this pretty much means to hope for a bad player or run exclusively DPS. I can see mass rage quitting for healers in 4vs 4 on up as well. Thoughts?

ganash fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 8, 2013

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Duet posted:

Debuffs are dumb but I haven't had too bad a time as a controller. Maybe I win a match half the time with randoms. I usually just throw POT and keep feeding everybody power and that's enough. PVP's always had a big power creep anyway and I wish it was better balanced. I mean they have a PVP CR, why doesn't it mean anything when you're going against people? Why is the "participation reward" a daily and why does it only give you one mark?

NO IDEA what they're trying to do to PVP because nothing sounds like it makes it easier for people who have never tried it. Honestly getting rid of clipping would do wonders to balance the game better but everybody would quit if that happened (I would not mind).

Oh also the styles really bug me. They threw perfectly good styles into the vault (that I have NEVER SEEN) and kept the most butt ugly faux-military poo poo instead. The only style that barely looks good is the newest one they added, and you may never even be able to get it before a PVP season ends because you have to buy all that crap before it. It's dumb as hell.

Thank you for backing up controllers aren't nearly as broke as people complain. Being my positive counter class I have a hell of a time with Quantum guys especially DPS specced. This debuff thing will not make it easier, infact IMO it'll be harder because at least the role idea gave people a third chance of having some advatange. This change will make good players even harder to kill and screw new people who couldn't even grasp a single debuff mechanic.

I truly believe removing mods, ALL.MODS, from PVP gear would fix this. Every time I see some person crying because a tank did spike damage or a healer can one shot full heal or any other inane nonsense I gurantee the videoed player had piles of T5 mods on. Seriously I use one mod because I only have one T5 mod and I am lazy as hell so exo farming never gets done. I know, for a fact, tank dps is not out of control. Take the mods away and viola you don't have people running around in off spec gear. It would be retarded to do so. This would likely make as many quit as killing clipping though which I agree with you I wouldn't miss in PVP at all either. PVE would really cry over it though.

Lastly you say the styles change every season? I guess I better get T5 done then :/ I like the wings on blood bat but the rest of the styles of pvp gear are absolutely retarded. I use a mix of T1 and lower pve for style, no sense in tipping people off right away what I have on ;)

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Duet posted:

Home Turf's helped shove the power curve up a bit too.

Agreed on HT. Never use them and love people who pop everything under the kitchen sink and I still beat them. Seriously though gently caress that repulsor block, gently caress it in its stupid rear end. Ridiculous OP for any node holding match.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I just absolutely cannot comprehend the dudes who keep it at max level ever since I bought Home Turf. 3750 Triumph a month PER BUFF (there are 4, recall!) at maximum, not to mention the gold cost. poo poo, I barely keep T2 mods enabled and it's the only base buff I bought into.

The money on PS3 is a non issue, I have 1.2 mil and I am poor. I never looked at the mark cost though does it really cost that much? drat those guys are crazy or seriously have no life.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I've never really used the AH ever so I think the most I've ever had on my main is 60k.

Oh man if you are PS3 AH is where it's at. Selling not buying mind you. Anything you salvage outside vendor junk is worth 10's of thousands or more. I have 3 expert recovery kits I got out of lockboxes I believe, a mil a piece easy. Prolly won't use them and saving them for a rainy day retirement fund.

edit-now don't go buying anything unless you have to because the reverse is true, gotta be Bill Gates to fund some alts.

Also not sure if PC works this way but there is no identifier to who is selling what when buying so if it's your cup of tea the market is ripe for cornering rear end hattery. I usually just undercut by like 5% and rake in profit.

ganash fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jul 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see
So I think I found how the arena seasons work and it pretty much sucks, most likely why many people avoid it like a plague. They are 6 months long and this current season is over in Oct I believe. At season end the top gear tier becomes something between 1st and 2nd tier or the new 2nd tier (I see conflicting reports on that) and the remainder top tiers are all new sets. So in essence the gear doesn't just change they nerf your current set if you maxxed and I assume any lower tier is absolutely worthless? Seems a bit over the top and retarded to me and has insured this season is my last, I figured a single tier downgrade was inevitible but not something so grand and absolute. No wonder those recovery kits go for such bank. If I still play by seasons end I am totally waiting till then to auction them I bet their value skyrockets.

But anyway thought I would give a heads up. If you want or plan to arena it's pretty much only worth it if you start no later than 2 months in. As long as valor converts to triumph badges thats what I'll be doing. Even a 2:1 downgrade is awesome when I get 70 valor per win min, more if I had any quests pop or get a lucky box.

One last note, I seem to be getting my current goal tier gear in prize boxes every so often. That was a killer idea, I have several weapons now I would have never bought and saved roughly 600 badges in costs.

edit- thought I would add this as no one told me and I was pissed when I realised it, thank god I check often and only wasted like 40 badges. Valor caps at a 1000 with any excess destroyed so no saving them up spend spend spend.

ganash fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 8, 2013

• Locked thread