Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Super nice OP! Lots of cool stuff in there. I will say if you have an Xbox360 / PS3 controller I would suggest plugging it in and giving it a go. It takes a bit to get used to but drat is it fun (also the UI makes more sense).

You can totally play this game for free if you just want to punch some heroes in the dick with us casually. The expansions are worth it, and Station Cash gives out double points often enough to pickup 2 packs (plus Steam sales, etc).

Steam Community Group::http://steamcommunity.com/groups/DCUOgoons

Our league is Goonlimited(Villain side) and every rank has the ability to invite. We don't have Leader access but everything else is open.

Maybe we can squeeze this into the OP?

Here are some players:

Villains:
CD Repoman / Fartulence
Electric Slide
AWizardDidIt/Manstrocity
Billy Zero
Monopolytheist
Chillfactor Zero
Superbbutt / Massivebutt
Blutkrieg
Gauge Von

Heroes:
Ohmnivore
Jade Monsanto
Lucha Law
Berry Jam
Every Butt

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

nehezir posted:

what happened to leader?

I forget who the Leader was but I haven't seen them on in forever. Either way we can currently do anything a leader can do with the access we have.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Demerzel posted:

Welp, I just hit a brick wall on Cyborg. Even when I do the stuff right he heals back half his health if I don't manage to get over there to interrupt him and having no self-heals of my own plus he can range me just as hard I am not sure what to do as a Sorc/Handblast who has points in the Fury right now. I think I could just barely beat him if it weren't for that heal but it's really drat close, it's frustrating because I literally walked through Starfire and Donna up top and I'm not sure what I'm doing so wrong now except he can range just as much as me (which might be it).

This one always gets me and usually I come back to it after a level up or two depending upon my class. The fight after that is a bit tougher. Best advice is block often and burst when you can.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Also use the barrels, they are a lifesaver!

To all those worrying about weapons, just try some. Respecs are pretty much free and it's worth playing with all of them to get a good feel. You do so at the Hall of Doom next to the mailboxes. While leveling up you make sure to buy weapons from the Safe house vendors. Some of them carry just about every weapon so you can try them out.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I don't even know where that is... I thought they just email you the item.

Go to the Marketplace Icon and at the top of the screen there should be a "Claim" button.

Not my picture:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

The Watchtower is poo poo compared to the Hall of Doom. I like the big circle a lot better than "let's place gear vendors in these cubby holes way out of the way". Maybe I am partial but I always get lost in the Watchtower. It just seems so unnecessarily spread out and there are sections of the Watchtower that have nothing in them at all. I like the little park area in the Hall of Doom, it is so out of place.

The map details are old but somewhat relevant:

It's a poo poo circle compared to:

edit: see above VVVV

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 22, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Play what you want, we need more people! If we can fuel 8man raids at some point in he future that would be great. Punching Batman in the dick with pubbies isn't the same.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 27, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I made a new Nature villain Senseimillia around level 12. I will probably hit 30 this weekend if I don't get caught up in other things.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Fuzz posted:

I would seriously pay like $50 real money right now on top of my subscription and other purchases for them to convert Acrobatics or make some new movement style that was basically a Spiderman 2 webslinging with grapples or whatever. Hell, even if it was simplified like Ultimate Spidey or Spiderman 3, I'd still take it, the cities are superbly designed for it.

Even if they copied Champions Online grappling power. Batman never flew, he grappled. :colbert:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Every time I play my controller in raids I usually just do my own thing. If the healers have 50%+ power than I'm usually debuff the mob. This is particularly fun as a Quantum dude since I can debuff the mobs damage AND their defense from ranged. DPS will always complain about power, my job is to keep the healers power up so they can keep the tank and the rest of the group up.

I also make it a point to generally ignore Raid chat.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Are these weapon skins locked to that specific color? Most weapon skins take on the colors of your palette. I still don't see why they don't let you customize spell colors, you could make your own Green/Red/Blue/Orange/Pink Lanterns all day with that ability. Granted this would break some lore but :cheers:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

You have to get a certain level of PvP CR to unlock the next set. You can't even view them at all anymore.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

As a side note, the cost of respecs goes back down to $500 after 1 day. It goes up to $650 then $800, etc. Don't respec more than once a day, in the long run unless you are doing T5 content you can get by with just about anything (you may get yelled at though...)

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Wait is this for real?

Can you still buy the Gunslinger chest if your PVP CR is high enough, then? I want that crap on my Ice guy.

I stole this from some GameFaqs post but it seems to be accurate:

Basically, you go to any PvP vendor in each wing of your headquarters and can purchase the T0 set for in game cash. The vendors for Hero are Robin, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl. For Villain they are Two-Face, Faust, and Ursa. This is the Aerial Crusader gear for Heroes and the style is Archangel. This is Aerial Devastator for Villains and the style is Blood Bat.
If you purchase all the gear including two rings, face, neck, and weapon, you should be at PvP CR77. This is new gear and even if you already have this style, if your PvP CR is less than 77 you should purchase this gear to upgrade. There is no way to get the old gear. You can delete your old PvP gear and salvage any exobytes you used for mods.

Once you are PvP CR77, you can go to any PvP vendor and purchase the T1 set for Marks of Valor. There are several sets to choose from. The basic set for heroes is style Avatar Bombardier and is CR level 81. You will have to get to PvP CR 82 before you can even see the next level of gear T2. Every vendor should sell that basic Avatar Bombardier set. In addition, each vendor sells an additional set corresponding to the old set styles. For example, Aquaman in the Magic Wing sells a T1 set with the style Aegis of Eternity. The stats are the same for all 4 sets of T1 PvP gear.

Once you are CR82, you have to go to the Hall of Heroes to get higher level gear.
The vendors that carry tiers 2 through 4 can be found in between the Meta and Magic wings of the Watchtower.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Honestly it may not even be in the game anymore:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/gunslinger-trench-coat.158484/

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/lf-gunslinger-chest-style.159218/

There are two threads with no answers. RIP Gambit Coat.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

revenance posted:

It is so so so so so nice to not have to pug t3a. We even have a goon-only perfect dps/troll/heal/tank setup! How do you actually break into t4 without buying a full set of t3 gear though? All of t3 content (including FOS) seems to only drop CR64.

The T3 raids drop CR70CR62 and the gear from the T3 Vendor is CR70. You're better off getting T2.5 (if you have Central City) and modding those while mixing in some CR70 stuff.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 22, 2013

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

^^^ Thanks for the correction.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. Been getting this error:

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried:
-Restarting the Launcher
-Verifying Game Files
-Restarted Steam
-Restarted my PC

I've even gotten an error about my graphics card a couple times.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

It works now, cool!

I'll probably be on later tonight, I'd like to start gearing up my heale. If anyone wants to do some Sub Avatars or earlier Duos/Alerts sometime hit up Senseimillia in game.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I haven't touched this game in a while due to GW2 and the Steam sale.

You guys are right about the community but ultimately I would just lie all the time about my CR. As long as you hit the minimum you should fly under the radar. I don't know if they can tell you exact CR but most people just look at the ability to queue up and just use that as an indicator. Outside of lying I just created groups myself and they seemed to go over pretty smoothly (most of the time). Regardless you don't need a CR70 full raid for a CR60 raid ever and the community is pretty crappy.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Get the CC one it has a chance to return power (unless they changed this).

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Getting that Superhero itch again so I'm currently installing this.

Probably going to login once it's done and see what's new!

Villains:
CD Repoman
Fartulence
Senseimilla

Heros:
Ohmnivore

Edit:
I've played villains too much so I'll most likely be on Ohmnivore unless you guys play heavily on villains now (or the 3 people that pop in here). Message me on steam, I'm in the Steam Group.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jan 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

I just wish this was cross platform like FF14. Its probably hard to get this working and most likely impossible due to something dumb but its a shame.

• Locked thread