Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
If you're not going to subscribe buying some DLC is a pretty good idea. In particular the Battle For Earth DLC makes post level cap character gearing much easier because of sub-avatars which drop CR52 gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

Krakatoah posted:

Would it be possible to recreate this guy in game?

As far as I am aware there is neither a face or head item style that has tentacles, and if there was it'd probably be a head style so you wouldn't be able to have it and a tophat at the same time.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

graynull posted:

Are Bounties doable with heroes and villains participating? I caught some heroes beating on Bizzaro and jumped in since I had the quest, and though he went down I didn't get credit (got the stupid achievement though). Not sure if I have to do a certain amount of damage or tag him with the first hit or what.

That's pretty strange, you can usually complete a bounty so long as you have any kind of damage on the target at all. Also killing heroes while they are trying to do bounties is super funny and you should always do it.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I am online for a while today (Blutkrieg). Message me to get into the villain league. Why am I constantly the only one on? gently caress.

Don't worry, I'm also constantly always the only one on too. Seems like a lot of people play at completely different times. Also I'm the only person ever doing any kind PVP which is kind of a pain in the butt.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
I used to do Arenas prior to the recent, massive changes to the PVP gear, so at the moment it all seems fairly balanced and obtainable by comparison.

Although tanks are pretty absurdly OP at the present time.

Mimsy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 2, 2013

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
We all suffer endlessly at the hands of terrible pubbies that have no idea what the hell they are doing. The time this irritates me the most is when I get paired up with a hero in 2v2 arenas, whenever the other guy on the team is a hero something happens that gives me the impression my teammate just got done eating lead paint chips, he's in PVE armor, uses nothing but iconic powers, can't figure out how to hold a control node or something similar. With the villain side a totally incompetent teammate seems pretty unusual, it happens sometimes, but normally if you lose it's because the other team just played better than you or because of a huge gear gap.

For that reason I've resolved to annoy heroes more often. From now on I promise to dedicate some of my time every time I log in to being that asshat killing people for no reason while they try and do things in the world.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
There's actually an Adam West style cape that drops from the temple of crime challenge. These days you can make yourself look pretty damned close to whichever batman incarnation you like.

Mimsy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jun 6, 2013

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

So anyone who has run an instance with me more than once knows that I typically change my entire look up on Blutkrieg about twice a week.

This week it's Red Skull meets Captain Planet villain. Why am I wearing power armor? Obviously so I can do this whenever I move:

Also, crab-claw-of-death dual weapon style thanks to the Aegis of Azerath hands, which like most Magic sets is one of the better-looking in the game.

I like to change up my style sometimes. What I think would be great is if we ran with themes as a league. As in once a week the league MOTD gets changed to include a different costume theme and people customize their outfits in accordance with that theme, stuff like different eras in comic books, wild west, tokusatsu, Ming the merciless, smart casual. It's a super corny idea and of course it'd be totally optional, but I really like corny stuff, particularly in a corny game like DCUO.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

ArchRanger posted:

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I saw the villain faction win any of the world events.

Firstly I wasn't aware people were playing this again, secondly villains haven't won diamond heist at all since the game went F2P so far as I know. Ring war was about 50/50 last time I played though.

So what are folks playing as now? I only have villains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008
I very occasionally still play on PC villain. I'm even still in legion of goon.

• Locked thread