Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know how it is now, as I made mine before the changes that allowed foes to block break and whatnot, but Elec DP was bad as hell in DPS mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mental Midget posted:

Anyone have a link to the old DCUO thread? I'm devouring any info/tips/tricks about this game I can get and I've already read through all of this thread, and couldn't find a link in the OP.

I'm sticking to SA for my info source since the wiki seems to be outdated and I never visit the official forums of any MMO, ever.

Here ya go.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Superspeed is loving awesome in this game, and I really wanted CoH to copy it. I knew they couldn't, but still.

When I get bored, I jump on the horizontal arm part of a traffic light, and just run in circles on it. :allears:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shields came with The Last Laugh.

Unless something changed, the only ways to be able to use a Shield is to own that, or have a sub.

Also: Shields can be summed up as :black101:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WarLocke posted:

Wow, the 'community' in this game is an elitist cesspool. I feel dirty wading through the forums.

I originally dived in to see if I cold figure out why one dude was shouting for cr98 people all night for his raid. Why would you need to do that hen there's the on duty interface and you can just queue up for one?

Apparently it's because people only want you in their raid if you already have gear drops from that raid, and that's totally not a circular catch-22. :psyduck:

Yeah, they're the worst. Shortly after The Last Laugh, I hit 30 on I forget which character. I was in Gotham, and someone was asking if anyone wanted to do Sub Avatar. I said I'd join, and also that I'd never done it before. They invited me to the team, I said thanks, again said that I'd never done it before, so that the rest of the team would know, and was promptly kicked from the team.

tl;dr: Don't play this game with any of the pubbies, because they're all jackassholes. Play with friends and/or goons.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

If not, they're risking a false advertising suit, the cards still say "30 days game time or 1500 credits". I would assume that that still works because why the hell would they not?

Because they're not DCUO Specific. They'll work for a 30 day sub to any game that accepts them as such. DCUO changed, and no longer accepts them for subs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you don't own any of the following, the Ultimate Edition Bundle is 33% off on Steam:

Fight for the Light (Hard Light powerset)
Lightning Strikes (Electricity powerset)
The Battle for Earth (Earth powerset)
The Last Laugh (Shield weapon)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

I made a Villain for shits and giggles- tech and dual pistols. Hold down right click, everything in the room melts. Feels a little OP.

I did Elec/DP once. I think it was probably the fastest I ever got to 30, and I did it all solo. This was shortly after The Last Laugh came out, so I'm not sure how viable it is now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know how it holds up now, but not long after Shield came out, I made an Elec/DP/Healer that just murdered everything in sight from 1-30, only using gear that dropped.

I might check the game out after the revamp. I enjoyed it, just not the toxic community.

• Locked thread