Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
>central city gear is considered tier 2.5
>earth tanking is largely built around flat percentage damage mitigation and shifting damage to your summonable pet
that's all I have to add atm.

nehezir fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Why the hell Naz plays this random junk.
>solid, well-structured end-game dungeons and easy-to-understand gear progression. seriously, you just do dungeons, get loot/marks, spend marks at vendors, get gear, occasionally farm bits to make mods(like gemming in WoW) and that's about the bulk of it. raiding is a ton of fun with a good group or even a decent one.

>scales deliciously with low-end computers. seriously, I've been juggling this, Aion, and Tera. tera is a resource HOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and looks terrible on anything other than above average. DCUO? looks just as good as the ps3 release on my honestly a little dated gaming laptop. it's medium setting is actually quite adequate.

note: this does not mean you'll have the same experience with a toaster you bought at walmart. there is dated...and then there is antique or outright flimsy.

>not a korean grindfest filled with masochistic bullshit mechanics. no stupid reinforcement mechanic that nukes your gear. no practically mandatory player economy bullshit. none of that. after the last 3 years I've spent playing their crappy MMO's, I am GLAD to be playing this. all of the meat and satisfaction of raiding in a group multiplayer environment, and significantly less of the arbitrary RNG being shoved down my throat to detonate my equipment and force me to farm 100000000000 more hell modes to get a decent sword worth trying my luck to not detonate and not have poverty-tier damage.

GOD I love this game.

and that's why the hell Naz plays this random junk.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

yeah. it's still around.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah, but that's villain side.

Not Dracula posted:

I keep hoping someone will post a list of current players in the league.

If you all play heroes, I have been leveling a hero character and made a league for goons there...but no one has joined yet!

PVP PC Heroes.

I'm just gonna find myself a full on pve guild for my hero character. I'll let you guys know if I find one.

graynull posted:

I don't think so. Unfortunately the social tools and ui seem really bad in this game. You can technically add people to your friend list by hitting f4 and navigating to it, but it's really awkward and might even be saved per character. I don't know if they just didn't do enough localization for the additional PC functions or what.

it's planned to have the UI(most notably the guild UI) updated in a DLC pack, but I don't know how far down the road that is.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

what happened to leader?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I could make a guild and pass it to an voted leader if the community wishes it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Moreau posted:

Decided to get back into this. Forgot how annoying that initial tutorial is! Playing Tallis Keeton on Villainside, if theres any invites available

message manstrocity. I'm online now. if I don't respond immediately, I'm just raiding. usually have enough time between pulls to at least toss and invite and say hello.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Demerzel posted:

This game is kinda cool if a bit dated on the character models the landscape is pretty and overall looks better than I expected. The controls are awkward as hell though, hold rmb then hold it again? Just a casualty of consoles I guess but is there any way to rebind the specific attacks (not RMB itself)?
it's just a combination of taps and holds. it's pretty simple and the game isn't really using the mouse for anything else most of the time.

Kikilupo posted:

Whelp, after spending a week messing around with builds and trying to decide what I want to play I made a staff/electricity guy. Holy crap, this is what I was looking for

I was actually thinking of suggesting that last night after I started gearing up my electricity guy.

mallratcal posted:

I was the leader, for the only reason that I had legendary status.

oh? are you still any sort of active? if not, could we shift leader to someone? the founder has to be legendary, but anyone can lead if passed. I threw my friend my hero guild so he could hold the name for me. I just think it's important that a leader be someone active.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

yeah. I generally support pvp season resets.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Vermain posted:

Am I gimping myself horribly if I pick up, say, Two-Handed/Electricity? I know healers are generally supposed to go for fast-hitting combo builders, but I love the strong "smash" feeling of Two-Handed.
shouldn't really hurt you. hell, just cap out and put points into a second weapon.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

actually, by the time you hit t3 alerts, the bulk of those terrible randoms get flushed out.

I basically skip the t2 alerts for oolong and hive precisely because it's where I almost never get a good group. then again...we're on villain side. hero has alot more pure pve'ers and by association, alot more horrible pve'ers.

also, t3 alerts drop blue gear that is superior to both t2 gear(greatly) and t2.5 gear(slightly) from central city.

nehezir fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 21, 2013

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Krakatoah posted:

Would it be possible to recreate this guy in game?

eeeeeeeh...biggest issue is the white streak down the middle and the head. the head has something arguably similar in villain pvp gear, but that slot would be taken by the formal hat. you'd need to pick between the two.

you could substitute the streak for an undershirt and maybe get away with it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I may be on less until the end of the month. I'm at my brother's place for a while.

Future Son posted:

I just got back into this a couple nights ago. Seems like a lot has changed in a year. Green items with higher CR than my T2.5, and what are the Orange/Yellow items from?

the greens are just intermediate gear for t4 gear. as for the orange/yellow, those come from promethium lockboxes.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Fuzz posted:

The Watchtower has such a poo poo layout compared to the Hall of Doom. It's actually the #1 reason I don't really play Heroes.

I can manage with both but I largely prefer horizontal wings to vertical floors. it's just so much simpler.

Stanley Pain posted:

Is there a way to respec your skill/power points? I made a few mistakes and can't remember if/where we can do respecs. I'm assuming the stuff for sony funbucks is for selecting completely news powers and weapons and such.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Costs 500 credits, and on the Watchtower, at least, it's in the garden which is in the... bottom left? corner of the place. It's either bottom left or bottom right, I think the respec garden is left. It'll let you choose if you want to just do skill, just do power, or both at once. Price is the same across all 3 picks.
it's on the map. it also increases the cost temporarily if you respec more than once. after a couple days the price returns to normal.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I'll be back next week or maybe a few days before that.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

access the social menu with F4.

generally speaking, it's a good idea to explore the hell out of your menus when you start a game.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

What's the average CR on the villain side? I've got an alt who is a villain tank (Ice) and if y'all still occasionally do T1/T2 stuff I could probably finish levelling her and help out.

I'd say getting to t3 content is "average" as it's right before one of the bigger and longer walls in lower content. and it hurts me every time.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

ganash posted:

Huh that's awesome I was reading somewhere it locked DLC characters without the proper DLC after Legendary ran out. This would make a month of Legendary totally worth it as the powers and shield are the only thing I care about outside the free sub. This thing is awesome to people not wanting to spend money, loving it.
raiding and dungeoning gets expanded by them. t4 and higher without DLC is hell.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

one hand is the most balanced weapon ever. it basically goes with anything.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Kortel posted:

So, I'm really digging the AoE on Rifle mixed in with the knock down AoE from Ignition - Fire line. However, I am finding it hard to balance Precision and Might. Is this something I'm going to have to do one or the other on as I level up more?

fire is, unless I am mistaken, mostly might-based damage anyway. consider might your primary upgrade stat and take precision where you can. precision isn't available in nearly as high quantity. I get the impression that's intentional.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Ajax posted:

Do you do most of your damage with your left and right click, aka your weapon? Take precision.
Do you do most of your damage with your 1-6? Take might.

Is this still the meta? How does Light fight into that? :psyduck:

it's more like looking at your damage and seeing if the majority of it is colored white or yellow.

white for precision, yellow for might. hard light is primarily precison(white) damage.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

never prevented me.

don't know what to tell you.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

well, I'm back home now so I'll be more active soon.

unless I get sucked into tera or aion with friends.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

no, my attacks register immediately.

logging on for a few hours myself. got pizza coming soon.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

in general you want to run alerts/duos and go around collecting exos/feats/styles/etc. you obtain marks and gear from dungeons. use the marks to buy tier gear and run more raids.

that's progression in this game. as for being terrible, honestly, you should be fine as long as you memorize the gigantic "gently caress me Traps" in the game and avoid accordingly.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I'm actually very satisfied with my acrobatics. it makes travel between buildies very fast and I love the zipline alot more than I would webslinging just for the sound it makes.

also, gonna focus on my hero for a while.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

someone had one but I like to mingle with the randoms.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Fuzz posted:

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/please-lockouts-on-things-you-already-have.158374/

I made a thing, if you guys that agree (aka ALL OF YOU :argh:) can hop in and say so, maybe keep it more visible. This is just ridiculous.

I shall tapdance my way into it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/oracle%E2%80%99s-database-guides.16/
^that's about as close as you'll get. alternatively, asking their board for information works well enough. they're usually pretty nice.

feel free to ask us info if you have questions, though.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

it's a pretty mixed bag, I'll admit.

I like'em but they're a bit dense on some things.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Fuzz posted:

Could be worse. They could never, ever, ever capitalize any sentences ever unless they start with 'I'. That would be the worst.
now I just feel awful.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I've never seen any communities that get quite so "gently caress you, got mine/nobody should ever have it nicer than I did no matter what stupidity I have to defend" than MMOs. Period. And CoX closing seems to have sent a lot of the worst of these scattering to every superhero game possible. (Absolutely no offense, rantmo.)

MMO players are kinda stupid like that. that's why I like DCUO, it for the most part does away with alot of the bullshit several other games commit.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

<---can usually 3v1 normal mobs on the overworld in troll stance.

what I can't take on are dungeon/raid mobs in multiples and as an MMO...I really feel I shouldn't be able to. because most games that do let you become soloist crap in my experience and I don't want to go back to that crap.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I PuG FoS 1&3 pretty often. occasionally we have issues with idiots and medics, but that's the worst of it.

but 2? I rarely even see groups for it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I'm working on hitting CR 70 on manstrocity atm.

I needed a couple weeks of screwing around in other games to unwind.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

guess it had to happen eventually.

gonna pull my troll from the legion. keeping my sorc healer and my alts in, though. I do log onto them from time to time and several people have my troll's name/steam contact so I'm still within shouting distance.

I just want to have at least ONE character in a big, bustling guild and atm I have none in that, so that's the gist of it.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

how is your ice dude holding up?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

tanks tend to have an easier time swapping back and worth.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

if you're going to stick with the game, buy all the dlc.

there's a use for all of them somewhere. this makes that faster/cheaper.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

RagnarokAngel posted:

Any chance I can get an invite on PC? Villain, Ms Diagnosis

I'm hopping on. contact manstrocity in a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I would never suggest only one because raids exist in this game.

• Locked thread