Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
A bunch of us are still around in Goonlimited, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll probably be Legendary by the end of the month, simply because this game is fun and I already subscribe to PS2, so I might as well just get an Access Pass.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

As a Controller it used to be better to go Control when you get the opportunity, since it had no damage reduction while the other 2 roles did. I don't know if that's still the case.

It pretty much is.

I just pimped out my Electric Healer to look like the Guyver. It's pretty awesome.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

How the hell do you get the Gunslinger chest piece now?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I don't know of such a head, though there might be one. The rest would be easy.

Oh, and if there's one thing that actually sucks about this game, it's that your feat/style unlocks aren't shared across characters unless it's a paid item.

Is that true of all paid items? I got the Mecha back piece like a year ago and it's only on one guy... could I put in a ticket to have it unlocked on everyone? Because that would be awesome.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Is it not in your Claim Items section?

I don't even know where that is... I thought they just email you the item.

I don't know, I just know that when I look on the shop they go "this item unlocks on all characters."

I think back then that item didn't say that on it... is it now standard for digs to unlock on everyone like in PS2, or are there still cosmetic items that will unlock on only one character? Because if it's the latter, what a loving ripoff.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Costs 500 credits, and on the Watchtower, at least, it's in the garden which is in the... bottom left? corner of the place. It's either bottom left or bottom right, I think the respec garden is left. It'll let you choose if you want to just do skill, just do power, or both at once. Price is the same across all 3 picks.

The Watchtower has such a poo poo layout compared to the Hall of Doom. It's actually the #1 reason I don't really play Heroes.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

nucleicmaxid posted:

I'm installing this now for the first time and will be making a villain.

If I register for a month and use one of the DLC power types for my guy can I still play that guy even after my month of pay-to-play is over? If I make a guy using Light, for example but don't purchase the $10 Light pack.

Yes you can, and you can keep all your characters you make, so I would suggest you just roll up a full 6 characters with a few using the DLC powers, and then just leave them in case you want to try out the non-free stuff after your Legendary runs out. Weapons don't matter (other than Shield) since you can always swap out later. Honestly, I'd probably say to just make every character use the Shield so that you ALWAYS have that first proficiency skill so that even when you aren't Legendary, the game doesn't pull some crap later where you spec out of it and then try to spec back and it says you don't have the right DLC. (The Last Laugh DLC) Shield is the only DLC weapon that was added. (and it's awesome)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Most of us seem to be playing villains. Haven't seen many people on the last few nights, but I haven't been able to play that much, either.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Get in line. Electric Slide = healing pro!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nah, make what you want, though we have a shortage of tanks and way too many trolls. More healers are also never a bad thing.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ganash posted:

Huh that's awesome I was reading somewhere it locked DLC characters without the proper DLC after Legendary ran out. This would make a month of Legendary totally worth it as the powers and shield are the only thing I care about outside the free sub. This thing is awesome to people not wanting to spend money, loving it.

You might have to buy something on your account so you have permanent Premium. Use the 500 free SC you got to buy some dumb cosmetic gear or something.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Really on the fence about just getting the SOE All Access pass... I already sub for Planetside 2 for 9.99/month, if I bit the bullet for 12 months I could get that and this game for $14.99/month... problem is all the other SOE games are mostly terrible, though Dragon's Prophet looks sort of neat.

Thoughts?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I bit the bullet and got the All Access pass, so I now have Legendary status, if people need anything. I will work on pimping out Electric slide's HQ in Gotham for us, if any of you want to make furniture donations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Seriously, why do you have an issue with EVERY game?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Things I learned from Legendary thus far:

Boxes in the Vault always break in one hit now.
Holy poo poo you get way more money for everything.
Promethian Lockboxes are ridiculously overpowered.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I am online for a while today (Blutkrieg). Message me to get into the villain league. Why am I constantly the only one on? gently caress.

I just logged like an 1.5 hours ago because I have to go out for dinner. :smith:

I was looking for people to do Duos/Alerts with, too...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mimsy posted:

Don't worry, I'm also constantly always the only one on too. Seems like a lot of people play at completely different times. Also I'm the only person ever doing any kind PVP which is kind of a pain in the butt.

I do Legends a lot, but regular PVP is so ridiculous with the gear that I can't be bothered.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The worst part is that you can keep getting the poo poo you already found, which is just a huge gently caress you. They really need to lock out poo poo you already have from both Collections AND the Vault, because what the gently caress.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Spaceman Bill posted:

hate to doublepost but just realized the daring vigilante head has little ear nubs and oh my god it looks just like Adam West Batman

Get the cape for it. It's literally the Adam West batman cape with the small little triangles instead of the stylized arches.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I would seriously pay like $50 real money right now on top of my subscription and other purchases for them to convert Acrobatics or make some new movement style that was basically a Spiderman 2 webslinging with grapples or whatever. Hell, even if it was simplified like Ultimate Spidey or Spiderman 3, I'd still take it, the cities are superbly designed for it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Duet posted:

Acrobatics used to be able to grapple while in combat and then they took it away because?

There's almost no advantage to it that I can think of. Flight is too advantageous and Superspeed has a really good ability. I still really like being an acro though.

I still grapple in combat all the time? :confused:

But yeah, the ziplines are lame and just not as cool as swinging around would be. The jetpack is hands down the easiest way to search for collectibles/exobytes, though... you can fly forward and turn while looking straight down and scanning rooftops... way better than Flight. I can't deal with Flight because once you get pushing into combat mode you move SLOW AS gently caress and it's just painful to try to get away, especially in the interior instances since you can't even just fly straight up until you're out of range.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Do we have a Hero league? I have a Green Lantern that needs a home.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/please-lockouts-on-things-you-already-have.158374/

I made a thing, if you guys that agree (aka ALL OF YOU :argh:) can hop in and say so, maybe keep it more visible. This is just ridiculous.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/please-lockouts-on-things-you-already-have.158374/

:psyduck:

I loving hate this game's official forums community. Good lord.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Could be worse. They could never, ever, ever capitalize any sentences ever unless they start with 'I'. That would be the worst.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I need to play Electric more often... mostly been working on my Ice guy and debating leveling up a Quantum DPS.

Swapped Electric to one handed, it's pretty great.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Looks like yellow energy weapons went up today.

Also blue.

I still don't get how this game doesn't have blatant lightsaber copies.

Then again, I don't get why they have been progressively lowering the number of available styles that are readily accessible in this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

nehezir posted:

guess it had to happen eventually.

gonna pull my troll from the legion. keeping my sorc healer and my alts in, though. I do log onto them from time to time and several people have my troll's name/steam contact so I'm still within shouting distance.

I just want to have at least ONE character in a big, bustling guild and atm I have none in that, so that's the gist of it.

:smith:

I can't decide if my Ice guy will go DPS or Tank... I hear Ice DPS is insane, so there's that. I really want to start playing this more, especially since I'm Legendary now.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

nehezir posted:

how is your ice dude holding up?

His gear is poo poo, but that's because he's still only level 22 and has all sorts of badly mismatched gear from questing, but even then his damage is pretty solid. Mainly waiting to get to 30 and then I'm just going to sit in Gotham and get a full set of that Battle for Earth gear from Brainiac constructs so he can get into Duos and Alerts and crap... thinking I might stick to Ice DPS, it's really drat fun and quite good.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Ice tanking by the way is considered easy mode tanking.

That's what I've heard. Still up in the air. I've gone balls out Healer with my gear on Electric Slide now, so I'm basically all in for that... Tanks are also in short supply, it seems, but at the same time I feel like it would be hard to do any solo content with Tank spec stuff. My Healer can't solo a goddamn thing, even if he switches to the Damage Role... the DPS on his attacks is just lacking, and trying to kill anything in healer mode is a lost cause because I will run out of energy healing myself before they run out of health.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 12, 2013

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Vanderdeath posted:

Is it worth purchasing the 30 dollar DLC pack for starting out in the game? I still have some Smedbux burning in my account from Planetside 2 and I've playing this up to level 8 or so thus far. I'm not entirely sure if the pack is a good value or not.

You'd be better off spending that money on buying nehezir a Shift key. :smugbert:

But yeah, it's a pretty drat good deal for the amount of content you get. With all that stuff, you can access basically 90% of the game, and the last 10% is just a powereset (Quantum) and a few storyline quests and alerts. If you enjoy the game and plan to play it regularly, it's probably worth it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Omnikin posted:

Well money isn't exactly bursting out of my wallet right now so I'm looking to take it slow and pick up one DLC pack at a time. Is Fight for the Light a good start?

Honestly, if you know you like the game enough to do more than just dabble, wait and grab the Legendary pack because it's a good deal, especially if it goes on Steam sale in July.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Supposedly it might be getting a big graphical overhaul for the occasion, too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

J3ng4 posted:

You have to get a certain level of PvP CR to unlock the next set. You can't even view them at all anymore.

Wait is this for real?

Can you still buy the Gunslinger chest if your PVP CR is high enough, then? I want that crap on my Ice guy.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

J3ng4 posted:

I stole this from some GameFaqs post but it seems to be accurate:

Basically, you go to any PvP vendor in each wing of your headquarters and can purchase the T0 set for in game cash. The vendors for Hero are Robin, Aquaman, and Hawkgirl. For Villain they are Two-Face, Faust, and Ursa. This is the Aerial Crusader gear for Heroes and the style is Archangel. This is Aerial Devastator for Villains and the style is Blood Bat.
If you purchase all the gear including two rings, face, neck, and weapon, you should be at PvP CR77. This is new gear and even if you already have this style, if your PvP CR is less than 77 you should purchase this gear to upgrade. There is no way to get the old gear. You can delete your old PvP gear and salvage any exobytes you used for mods.

Once you are PvP CR77, you can go to any PvP vendor and purchase the T1 set for Marks of Valor. There are several sets to choose from. The basic set for heroes is style Avatar Bombardier and is CR level 81. You will have to get to PvP CR 82 before you can even see the next level of gear T2. Every vendor should sell that basic Avatar Bombardier set. In addition, each vendor sells an additional set corresponding to the old set styles. For example, Aquaman in the Magic Wing sells a T1 set with the style Aegis of Eternity. The stats are the same for all 4 sets of T1 PvP gear.

Once you are CR82, you have to go to the Hall of Heroes to get higher level gear.
The vendors that carry tiers 2 through 4 can be found in between the Meta and Magic wings of the Watchtower.

So I have to buy that full set of baseline PVP gear to get T0 to be able to see Gunslinger? Got it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Just checked, no Gunslinger.

What the gently caress SOE. I am seriously baffled by some of their design choices with this game.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Mimsy posted:

I like to change up my style sometimes. What I think would be great is if we ran with themes as a league. As in once a week the league MOTD gets changed to include a different costume theme and people customize their outfits in accordance with that theme, stuff like different eras in comic books, wild west, tokusatsu, Ming the merciless, smart casual. It's a super corny idea and of course it'd be totally optional, but I really like corny stuff, particularly in a corny game like DCUO.

We would need to play regularly first. Whenever I logon in the last few weeks, no one is on.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Syrg Sapphire posted:

/ignore (name). If the name isn't a single word, put it in quotes (so /ignore "name name")

Alternatively, hit F4 and go to... I think it's "Last Spoken" or something like that and just highlight/ignore them from there.

You can also just make a new chat filter tab and have it only show League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Kortel posted:

Why is the Aquaman (event) fight so hard for people to figure out? When he jumps in the middle hit the security node things. Rinse repeat between room clearings.
WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE?!

Oh snap, they brought this back? I still have Sand Dollars from last year.

• Locked thread