Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well it was fun while it lasted SVA-88. Checked it in VR and yeah the bullets are back to moving at normal speed again, oh well.

Thankfully I didn't buy the SVA-88 when it was on sale 2 days ago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

go3 posted:

Thankfully I didn't buy the SVA-88 when it was on sale 2 days ago!

It's still a good gun, it was just the HVA was hilariously busted for a little while. You shouldn't have bought it anyway though, because it's only 500 certs to unlock.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
It's still a great weapon though.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I'm interested to see how the changes to the SCU generator play out, as well as the changes to the ML85 for the Vanguard. Is it still enough to one shot infantry on a direct hit at 700?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Holy poo poo so many new shiny things to discover. So much for wanting to get work done this morning.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

GlennBeckistan posted:

Looks like they rotated the territory, but forgot to rotate the warpgates :soe:

Didn't we just move to the SW? Why would it give us territory back in the north, where we just moved from?

Also, Saron changes blow. At least before if you hit with it, you knew you did decent damage. Given the current AV options (and things like harassers), getting close on a mag is death unless you are camping people in to a base. I'm sad there isn't a mention of fixing the various striker exploits and bugs (like firing through terrain, keeping lock-on after flare, firing up and over terrain, tracking over/around terrain).

I'm going to let someone else buy ZOE before I drop 2250 on it. I probably will since I use vortexes pretty well.. and in theory there's no mention of it not affecting bursters.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Epic High Five posted:

Looks like the Enforcer will be the better up close weapon still by virtue of the shotgun being so bad, which is good because the "slight decrease" to velocity of 100m/s is really going to hurt it at range. Still more than it used to be but geez SOE, if you want this tank to be an up close brawler increase its base speed or pivot rate, don't just change all the secondaries to be better up close.

I still want to know why they made the slowest tank the "close-range" one, anyways. The vannie doesn't have the speed and maneuverability to effectively pull off that role; It can't close fast or outflank for poo poo.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Well it was fun while it lasted SVA-88. Checked it in VR and yeah the bullets are back to moving at normal speed again, oh well.

What a shame. I'm pretty sure they misplaced a 0 and like, instead of giving +10% velocity it was giving +100%, because I clocked the SVA-88 firing at ~1,500m/s before this patch. It was basically hitscan, that poo poo was broken~

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's still a good gun, it was just the HVA was hilariously busted for a little while. You shouldn't have bought it anyway though, because it's only 500 certs to unlock.

Yeah, this; Even excepting the HVA bug, it's our best all-around LMG by a notable margin. It still owns, it's just not comically OP now.

Pervis posted:

Also, Saron changes blow. At least before if you hit with it, you knew you did decent damage. Given the current AV options (and things like harassers), getting close on a mag is death unless you are camping people in to a base. I'm sad there isn't a mention of fixing the various striker exploits and bugs (like firing through terrain, keeping lock-on after flare, firing up and over terrain, tracking over/around terrain).

Yeah the Saron nerf is hard, but at least they made the PPA rock even harder :unsmith:
They really need to look at the Striker though, I ducked my Mag into a base tower after getting locked and it STILL hit me, through the wall :frog:

Pervis posted:

I'm going to let someone else buy ZOE before I drop 2250 on it. I probably will since I use vortexes pretty well.. and in theory there's no mention of it not affecting bursters.

It's cool, I'mma buy it. And they did say it affects NS weapons noticably less... Except the Vortex isn't NS :getin:
Even if it is less noticeable on Bursters, it'll still be mostly an upgrade. Let's say for the sake of argument it only gives a 5% damage boost to bursters; That's still bonus damage for virtually no downside, since the higher damage is no big deal in a AA situation.

Desideratus fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 22, 2013

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

"Enforcer ML85

Model has been adjusted to look more NC.
Slight Redesign of Enforcer ML85. It can now fire up to 10 rounds before reloading. When you are landing with most of your shots, the TTK is an improvement over the previous version. Projectile speed has been reduced slightly.
New Description: “The Enforcer ML85 fires magnetically propelled HEAT darts. The magnetic launcher allows for smaller projectiles so more rounds can be loaded at once, requiring fewer reloads. This gives the ML85 strong and sustainable damage. NC use only.”
Clip size increased from 1 to 10
Reload speed reduced from 3250 to 3000ms
Direct hit damage reduced from 1500 to 700 (650 on Harasser version)
Projectile speed decreased from 300 to 200
Added fire rate of 1000ms
Ammo Capacity increased from 30 to 100
Ammo Capacity certifications increased from 3 to 10 per rank.
Outer blast radius reduced from 3 meters to 2 meters."

Hmmm Skeptical hat is on for this one. It does play into my brawler play style better than the other version but I relied on my secondary gunner to do most of the anti-infantry work and now having to take two shots with it to kill an infantry mans is going to suck.

Shotgun weapon being able to damage vehicles now is funny.

May have to switch to halbred though, fair well a couple thousand certs.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
So the 3 substations (or sub-outpost or w/e you call them) at Amp/Tech/Bio was changed to their own respective territory, meaning you have to conquer adjacent ones to attack the big outposts. Not sure if the teleporters are still there though. (Probably are.)

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

quote:

A new collision type has been added around the wheels of the Harasser, this should prevent the wheels from clipping into walls (and prevent the Harasser from going into small doors).

Worst change. That's pretty hosed up, SOE.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Desideratus posted:

What a shame. I'm pretty sure they misplaced a 0 and like, instead of giving +10% velocity it was giving +100%, because I clocked the SVA-88 firing at ~1,500m/s before this patch. It was basically hitscan, that poo poo was broken~
I suspect that's what happened with the entries; they got changed from a % to a hard value and some intern put the wrong numbers into the HVA +velocity values for a bunch of guns thinking they were percentages or something. Cue about a dozen weapons having >1000 m/s velocities, which essentially would make them appear to hit instantaneously to most observers.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The Enforcer ML85 is currently bugged, its projectiles still have 1000 splash from the old version.

Just thought I should bring this up now before the river of tears when it gets fixed.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Auto shotties now only cost 250 certs. :stare:

A lot of cert costs have been lowered/modified.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Oh poo poo the buffed the hell out of the Modified Enforcer. It was basically the world's best hidden secret warcrime before (a smart gunner gives you C4/Mine immunity, the best immunity) and now it does all that and more, faster. :buddy: And it fits on a Harasser?! And it hurts armor???

RIP hosing down friendly tanks. I probably still will anyway.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

A Tartan Tory posted:

I anticipate deafening howls of rage from people who think they should have the difference refunded since they purchased stuff at "full price".

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

Pervis posted:

Didn't we just move to the SW? Why would it give us territory back in the north, where we just moved from?

Having now tested it in-game, the Saron changes seem like an improvement. A good gunner will do just as well at most ranges, and your potential damage output up close is much better. You don't have to wait for the CoF to fully settle at most ranges, the timing of which will be the trickier part. Still gonna wait for more field reports on the ZOE before I drop my certs, though, especially since I'm pumped about a Saron Harasser now.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Thundarr posted:

I anticipate deafening howls of rage from people who think they should have the difference refunded since they purchased stuff at "full price".

It would be nice if this happened but really I just want SOE to gently caress it up again and give us Certmas Part III.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Evilreaver posted:

Oh poo poo the buffed the hell out of the Modified Enforcer. It was basically the world's best hidden secret warcrime before (a smart gunner gives you C4/Mine immunity, the best immunity) and now it does all that and more, faster. :buddy: And it fits on a Harasser?! And it hurts armor???

RIP hosing down friendly tanks. I probably still will anyway.

The direct hit damage is 750, do we know what the real splash coefficient is supposed to be? Right now it is currently bugged and I doubt they want it to continue to one shot infantry. Also receiving a 33% reduction in velocity is lovely. Velocity is pretty much one of the best stats to have in this silly rear end game.

I haven't tried it yet but for close range brawling it seems neat and a buff but for mid to long range it is going to be garbage I think.

e. Basically it seems like they are moving the faction AV weapons to be more close ranged orientated.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 22, 2013

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Pervis posted:

Its always good to allow a few hours of use before one decides about balance changes, it just helps remove initial reactions.

As a big fan of the mag, I'm looking forward to both the PPA and Saron changes, and fingers crossed that the vehicle shake is finally gone.

Also:

quote:

Fixed an exploit that allowed the NC15 Phoenix from being reloaded while the player is still controlling the rocket

RIP firing the phoenix and hitting R right away :(

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

BadLlama posted:

The direct hit damage is 750, do we know what the real splash coefficient is supposed to be? Right now it is currently bugged and I doubt they want it to continue to one shot infantry. Also receiving a 33% reduction in velocity is lovely. Velocity is pretty much one of the best stats to have in this silly rear end game.

I haven't tried it yet but for close range brawling it seems neat and a buff but for mid to long range it is going to be garbage I think.

e. Basically it seems like they are moving the faction AV weapons to be more close ranged orientated.
Modified Enforcer. The tank shotgun. That said, like the Saron it seems like it still has potential, just requires a bit different method of employment.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Thundarr posted:

I can't decide if I'd like all the certs I get or the tears of angsty manchildren better. Both are near worthless.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
So the ML85 still one shots infantry in VR training. And it now has a 10 round clip and rapid fire. :black101: Time to start driving Vanguards again boys, poo poo isn't coming close to you without getting lit up.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

Hog Jowls posted:

Modified Enforcer. The tank shotgun. That said, like the Saron it seems like it still has potential, just requires a bit different method of employment.

I think the folks who were championing the halberd over the saron have basically won the day. The saron _can_ fire faster, but the CoF is absolutely huge. It's splash damage radius was also reduced, I think, but the halberd is still where it is, which was basically a slightly faster, more visible saron with a slight drop.

PPA + AP I think will be the new choice. Sucks that I dropped a bunch of certs in to the saron. Splash on PPA is really really good now - a group of PPA magriders can actually do well.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Dallan Invictus posted:

It would be nice if this happened but really I just want SOE to gently caress it up again and give us Certmas Part III.
Please let this happen, Higby. I would get so many goddamn certs.

But it probably won't, given their attitude on sales. Just treat these cost slashings as new permanent sale prices basically.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Nakar posted:

Please let this happen, Higby. I would get so many goddamn certs.

But it probably won't, given their attitude on sales. Just treat these cost slashings as new permanent sale prices basically.

Yeah, if this happened I would get around 10k certs over all my chars.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

So, slugs in pump-action shotguns: Bad idea, worst idea or maybe even not terrible? I've been toying around with them in VR and the ability to drop dudes in two or three hits even at very long ranges is pretty tempting, especially with the near perfect accuracy the VS versions have. They feel basically like a proper battle rifle should, if a little on the slow side. Not to mention that you can just go back to buckshot when the situation warrants it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hog Jowls posted:

Oooh my bad, and yeah I might actually buy the tank shotgun now.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Perestroika posted:

So, slugs in pump-action shotguns: Bad idea, worst idea or maybe even not terrible? I've been toying around with them in VR and the ability to drop dudes in two or three hits even at very long ranges is pretty tempting, especially with the near perfect accuracy the VS versions have. They feel basically like a proper battle rifle should, if a little on the slow side. Not to mention that you can just go back to buckshot when the situation warrants it.
As far as I know, slug damage is the same across all shotguns, so at longer ranges why not just use the Thanatos or Nova? Thanatos ties the pumps for velocity, which is the only factor I can even think of, and Nova has the biggest clip.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Nakar posted:

As far as I know, slug damage is the same across all shotguns, so at longer ranges why not just use the Thanatos or Nova? Thanatos ties the pumps for velocity, which is the only factor I can even think of, and Nova has the biggest clip.

It's not. Pump action slugs do more damage than the semi-auto/full auto slugs.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lockdown is a 30% boost to bursters. Does ZOE affect them at all?

Wont even be able to pull a reaver for transport now. And our useful long range tank secondary was switched to a brawling gun we're too slow and unmaneuverable to utilize. RIP NC vehicles I guess, we hardly used thee.

Shield is pretty fun once you master the r -> f rotation and get used to going from F making you go zoooom to F making you go slooow. Needs more than first level to do much against rockets or C4, but it has the potential to negate them entirely. A M1+M2 -> f -> f when reload is finished repeat rotation isn't bad to create a nigh invincible rocket spewing MAX god. I mostly like it for slug mattock reload cover and infurating mans trying to shoot out of the spawn by blocking their firing lanes.

I don't even have to ask to know that lockdown fractures are going to be stupidly OP like lockdown bursters but how is ZOE? Haven't been hearing much about it.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A1sktJUqU

So much for lockdown not affecting bursters, TR really is the most ridiculous faction

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

tekz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1A1sktJUqU

So much for lockdown not affecting bursters, TR really is the most ridiculous faction

No, no, they said lockdown would affect bursters less than empire-specific weapons. Clearly what this means is that Lockdown Fracture MAXes will just instakill everything in sight. :negative:)

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 22, 2013

Slurps Mad Rips
Jan 25, 2009

Bwaltow!

New thread title should have been "A battle of attrition in a war of confirmation bias".

I'll have to hop onto my NC character later and try out the new modifications to the C85 and see how good it is at taking out harassers who get too close.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Thundarr posted:

I just spent about 12000 trying to catch up on my new VS guy this past weekend.

Trying so hard not to shake my fist in rage.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Maybe I'm just going crazy, but didn't the halberd used to cost 250 certs?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gobblecoque posted:

Maybe I'm just going crazy, but didn't the halberd used to cost 250 certs?

I can confirm that it did, what does it cost now?

Also I haven't fully read the patch notes yet, but I assume its the same old "everything that isn't TR gets nerfed"?

VortalCoil
Apr 15, 2013

These new helmets look pretty fashionable.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

A Tartan Tory posted:

When they said they intended to address range compression in stuff like tower fights, I didn't expect they meant ....normalize it by giving everyone shotguns. Oh SOE you are so good at finding the most cleverly dumb approach.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

I can confirm that it did, what does it cost now?

Also I haven't fully read the patch notes yet, but I assume its the same old "everything that isn't TR gets nerfed"?

It costs 750 certs now.

Edit: Looking over the patch notes, it does say "adjusted some MBT, Sunderer, and Harasser weapon prices". So yeah, sucks to be people that haven't already bought halberds (like me).

Gobblecoque fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

Dallan Invictus posted:

No, no, they said lockdown would affect bursters less than empire-specific weapons. Clearly what this means is that Lockdown Fracture MAXes will just instakill everything in sight. :negative:)
I did manage to kill a locked-down Fracture MAX with my Saron this morning before he could kill me, so that gives me hope for both sides of the Fracture vs. Magrider equation.

• Locked thread