Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Philthy posted:

I just spent about 12000 trying to catch up on my new VS guy this past weekend.

Trying so hard not to shake my fist in rage.

Well it does kinda suck for folks who just bought stuff recently I suppose. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Surprise! It's a quiz!

What's wrong in this image?

Hint: What're the Vanu MBT and ESF called?

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 22, 2013

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
So between the lattice system, Strikers and now Lockdown MAXes, I can finally lay my Reaver to rest over TR airspace now? :v:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Has this lattice thing improved gameplay at all?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
The new Saron is amazing, the new PPA is amazing.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

keyframe posted:

The new Saron is amazing, the new PPA is amazing.

I am hopeful that being able to poo poo out 2500+ damage in 1.2 seconds really does make up for the lower burst from the Saron. The PPA will have to be goddamn stupendous to make me dump the Kobalt though.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Thundarr posted:

I am hopeful that being able to poo poo out 2500+ damage in 1.2 seconds really does make up for the lower burst from the Saron. The PPA will have to be goddamn stupendous to make me dump the Kobalt though.

If you are using kobalt over PPA I don't know what to say. PPA is the best anti infantry gun in the game by a huge margin right now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kerbtree posted:

Surprise! It's a quiz!

I was going to say it's the 60,000 rpm

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Is there a video of the new enforcer? I think I'm completely failing to grasp what is going on with it.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Kerbtree posted:

Surprise! It's a quiz!

That's a very old bug. This might not be surprising, but TR is the "default" faction. Just like all ES heavy weapons are classified as chainguns.

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.

keyframe posted:

If you are using kobalt over PPA I don't know what to say. PPA is the best anti infantry gun in the game by a huge margin right now.
Good to hear. I also noticed switching between the LMG and AV launcher takes a loooot longer now. Perhaps they left that change off last time.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

DJ Dizzy posted:

Has this lattice thing improved gameplay at all?

Yes. Except with biolabs.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aexo posted:

Is there a video of the new enforcer? I think I'm completely failing to grasp what is going on with it.

It's a Tank mounted MR1 Fracture.

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006
This guys KDR baffles me.

I mean I know that vehicle whoring and running away at the slightest issue is a good way to keep a positive KDR, so I wouldn't be very surprised at see something like 10 or 15 kills per death, but this guy: 43.13 KDR. His stats show him using a Mossie all the time, but I really wish the sites did a vehicle loadout breakdown because I'd like to know what he's using on it. My only guess is that he's running ejection seat and just bails and redeploys every time he gets in trouble.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm so sad I can't drive my Harasser inside buildings anymore.

Ocanthus
Sep 29, 2009
So when the SCU goes down, do the spawn room shields go down now? I thought I remembered them mentioning something about potentially implementing that.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Haven't played in quite a while and was thinking of jumping back in over the summer, but the OP is telling me that there are no Goon TR Outfits? :(

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

Sivlan posted:

I mean I know that vehicle whoring and running away at the slightest issue is a good way to keep a positive KDR, so I wouldn't be very surprised at see something like 10 or 15 kills per death, but this guy: 43.13 KDR. His stats show him using a Mossie all the time, but I really wish the sites did a vehicle loadout breakdown because I'd like to know what he's using on it. My only guess is that he's running ejection seat and just bails and redeploys every time he gets in trouble.

Close, he literally quits the game client if his mossie reaches 30% health for any reason.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

keyframe posted:

So... it's gonna get nerfed then? :ohdear:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sivlan posted:

Without even pulling up the link, I'm going to guess that's Daddy.

He just spams rockets at infantry and alt-F4's if he's about to die. Total gimmick.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Trip report from GU9:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Giggily posted:

NC vehicles are slow and cumbersome, but make up for it with heavy armor, inertia, and shotguns. Hypothetically.

Even in the OP, NC UP BUFF.

I took a barely-certed Vanguard for a spin with my NC alt and holy poo poo that thing owns. I look at things and they die. I LOOK AT THINGS AND THEY DIE. It took a Prowler and two Mosquitos focusing their fire on my to finish me off but not before I had wasted Lightnings and infantry squads by the bucketload.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Giggily posted:

Trip report from GU9:

Thats a wrap folks, see you all in Dust 514

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Giggily posted:

Trip report from GU9:

This is getting old. Maybe we should try to go "pistols only" or something to make the game challenging again. :smugdog:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
The game is already working? I didn't come in to work on a Sunday accidentally, did I?

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

Without even pulling up the link, I'm going to guess that's Daddy.

He just spams rockets at infantry and alt-F4's if he's about to die. Total gimmick.

Meh... I thought it would be some sort of load out gimmick, but to kill the process if he's about to die? Lame.

Limp Wristed Limey
Sep 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Sivlan posted:

Yup guessing thats daddy. He will bug out with his mossie as soon as he starts taking damage. He is a drat good shot though.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Miller seems like creaking from the seams, has mass disconnected everyone from the server twice in about 4 hours...

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Phoenix "exploit" (gently caress that poo poo its how the launcher should work to make it any good) fix as well as the long range nerf on the Enforcer is going to make continuing playing as NC against Lock Down Fractures and ZOE space lasers very frustrating.

Anyone know if you can still guide raven rockets while you have your shield up?

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

I got the lumifiber trim for the Magrider and it doesn't seem to work. I'm super bummed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lD7BWmxFAA
This is what's supposed to look like and I didn't see poo poo. Hopefully it gets fixed soon?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They better have a Certmas 3, because I literally lost over 10k SC on these changes.

Not cool.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Sputty posted:

I got the lumifiber trim for the Magrider and it doesn't seem to work. I'm super bummed.

This is what's supposed to look like and I didn't see poo poo. Hopefully it gets fixed soon?

Try turning your lights on.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Giggily posted:

Try turning your lights on.

Ooooohhhh. Thanks.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Sputty posted:

G key turns it on and off.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Feeling really underwhelmed and disappointed in the game right now. Couple hours in and I counted zero situations the shield saved my rear end, 2 where it was marginally useful past being an interesting gimmick, and a dozen where not having charge got me killed. Preliminary results: run rank 1 shield on your slug mattocks, otherwise you want charge. Even then, just run charge all the time.

But hey, it's got the NC faction trait of being marginally competitive if you dump a shitload of certs into it! Meanwhile, VS are now supercharged always-sprinting HAs with two Gauss SAW arms and much greater durability and the TR basically never have to worry about air again. Does SOE even know what the gently caress they're doing with the NC right now? The Vanguard is a lovely brawler tank because it's half health by the time it gets to the fray, by which time it's doomed. It's great in a mass charge but so are harassers and HAs and literally anything else.

I mean, we just straight up got totally dominated on Amerish and that's with a whole shitload of NC pulling MAXes right now to try it out. I thought everybody in multi-purpose force multipliers was the best case scenario?

BadLlama posted:

Phoenix "exploit" (gently caress that poo poo its how the launcher should work to make it any good) fix as well as the long range nerf on the Enforcer is going to make continuing playing as NC against Lock Down Fractures and ZOE space lasers very frustrating.

Anyone know if you can still guide raven rockets while you have your shield up?

You can, but they require sustained fire to make any impact at all. If you're going to shield against vehicles you need Falcons.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Epic High Five posted:

VS are now supercharged always-sprinting HAs with two Gauss SAW arms and much greater durability

What much greater durability?

You lost that alert because we had like %78 pop on Amerish, not because your shield sucks.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

Does SOE even know what the gently caress they're doing with the NC right now?

Of course not. Why do you think there's so many shotgun gimmicks? I really didn't expect the shield to be anything more than a gigantic gimmick, and that's exactly what it turned out to be. TR, once again, gets the most bullshit thing in the world, VS gets a zoom-zoom gimmick, and NC get a useless piece of poo poo.

The shield and shotgun gimmick bullshit is really annoying, but they apparently can't appropriate any more brainpower to NC stuff than "SHOTGUN AND/OR SHIELD".

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Kerbtree posted:

Surprise! It's a quiz!

1) Vanu store lists Prowler and Mosquito.
2) Magrider attachments listed as Scythe attachments.
3) Scythe ROF is 60,000.

There's probably more in just that one image. It's like a Where's Waldo? of lovely bad errors.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gonkish posted:

VS gets a zoom-zoom gimmick

Please don't forget that you also turn disco super saiyan in ZOE mode.

Nakar posted:

2) Magrider attachments listed as Scythe attachments.

The Scythe's Seron and the Seron HRB are different weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

keyframe posted:

What much greater durability?

You lost that alert because we had like %78 pop on Amerish, not because your shield sucks.

Your small arms fire resistance was lowered, but your speed was increased. Charge isn't useful because it makes you more resistant to small arms fire, it's useful because it makes you faster.

I'll test it more but the shield so far is just an interesting gimmick on top of the rest of our interesting gimmicks, and our shotgun gimmick isn't even remotely exclusive. We just get the shotguns where they don't make sense instead of guns.

• Locked thread