Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

BadLlama posted:

Are bio-labs as ridiculous as predicted?

I don't know, all of today has been at Hvar and the bases north of it. We had a non prime time Biolab, and it was pretty brutal to the point where I think I'll actively avoid attacking them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INKRO
Feb 7, 2012
Is it too much to hope for that we'll get a certmas out of the price decreases? I got screwed over a bit by price drops to things like the Serpent and Battle Rifle, so I'm hoping I can recoup some of those.

In the meantime I suppose I'll finally cert-buy a shotgun now that the Thanatos is cheap as well as full set of Cosmos/Comets while I wait for left-handed Blueshift/Nebula sale.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
They seriously need to give maxes the ability to look straight up. Its getting stupid with pilots who know the exact trajectory and position to always be right above your head so you can't burster them. If I move forward or backward they press C or spacebar, I move to the left or right they tilt the appropriate direction and press spacebar. If I F sprint I can't stop myself and turn around before they're right back above me.

I don't want the shield or lockdown or Zoe, I would gladly pay certs for the privilege of looking up all the way.

Welsper
Jan 14, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Leal posted:

They seriously need to give maxes the ability to look straight up. Its getting stupid with pilots who know the exact trajectory and position to always be right above your head so you can't burster them. If I move forward or backward they press C or spacebar, I move to the left or right they tilt the appropriate direction and press spacebar. If I F sprint I can't stop myself and turn around before they're right back above me.

I don't want the shield or lockdown or Zoe, I would gladly pay certs for the privilege of looking up all the way.

Move under a roof or railing or tree or slight vertical cover.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So I've been out of this game for like, three months or something (since shortly after the first SMGs were introduced) and today I just figured I'd check in on what's new. Ran the launcher, which started downloading 7,7 Gbs of updates. :stare:

Went to see some patch notes, and uh holy poo poo things are a mighty bit different. I was like "Wait, lattice what? Uh idk, blah blah blah Indar, wait they did WHAT to the Crown? :psyduck:" (I never played the first PS so the lattice thing is all new stuff for me.)

The last couple hours I've just been farting around in the VR training area, trying out all the guns for different classes. The pump-action shotties feel pretty good, I think I'll have to get myself a Bruiser at some point. That is, after I get a revolver because holy poo poo the Commissioner gave me such a boner. I don't even care if it's good or not, I'm getting one and that's that. Oh yeah and I haven't even checked out the Harasser yet.

Also, the NC "loyal soldier" armor camo looks pretty sweet. Might actually be pretty functional at night-time, too.

Christ, I don't even know where to go from here.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Trip report:

New Enforcer? loving amazing.

Nanite Auto-Repair on a Harasser? Not very useful. Go for stealth or composite armor instead. They need to either make small arms fire not reset the timer on it, or make it kick in faster across the board, because as it is now it's pretty underwhelming... at least it's cheap, mostly.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Why are the official forums all up in arms over the ZOE?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Grondoth posted:

Why are the official forums all up in arms over the ZOE?

Because people are posting videos from early test when sprint speed was bugged.

Coach Sport
Jul 3, 2003
And we care about this shitty poster...why?
Also GOKU is just kind of running rampant all over Indar on Mattherson right now in hot pink flashing discosuits. Everyone on VS is pulling MAXs whenever they can now because they are super fun. Today is not a good day to be a normal infantryman.

edit: unless you're an engineer, then you're probably pretty happy

edit2: it probably won't be as bad once people realize how squishy ZOE MAXs are. Right now everybody still turns around and runs away when they see a MAX, which isn't the right approach when the MAX is faster than you.

Coach Sport fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 23, 2013

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Coach Sport posted:

Also GOKU is just kind of running rampant all over Indar on Mattherson right now in hot pink flashing discosuits. Everyone on VS is pulling MAXs whenever they can now because they are super fun. Today is not a good day to be a normal infantryman.

Yep, today has been stupidly fast pace with reckless disco saiyans destroying everything on Mattherson.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
They didn't fix the memory leak.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Don't worry guys, we've got a shield

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Welsper posted:

Move under a roof or railing or tree or slight vertical cover.

That isn't always available.

Coach Sport posted:

edit2: it probably won't be as bad once people realize how squishy ZOE MAXs are.

They do know, they just disregard it cause you can turn ZOE on and off whenever you want.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Coach Sport posted:

edit2: it probably won't be as bad once people realize how squishy ZOE MAXs are. Right now everybody still turns around and runs away when they see a MAX, which isn't the right approach when the MAX is faster than you.

This is the big one. They run screaming like little girls when they see our purple anime disco suits pour over the hill as we RUN from base to base. They don't realize that if they stood their ground they'd slaughter us with the increased damage we take.

Of course the new faction specific vehicle top guns are another matter. the new Saron and PPA are beasts.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It's happening.

First phalanx (pictured) was a bit sloppy, they formed it up tighter the second time and pushed up the hill and took the position. Fuckin' amazing.

Also the new Enforcer is godly, who thought that was balanced? :allears:

Night Shade
Jan 13, 2013

Old School

All I see here is lasher bait :colbert:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Westy543 posted:

It's happening.

First phalanx (pictured) was a bit sloppy, they formed it up tighter the second time and pushed up the hill and took the position. Fuckin' amazing.

Also the new Enforcer is godly, who thought that was balanced? :allears:

Why is Connery-Helios NC so much cooler and actually playing to their strengths compared to Mattherson? All the NC on Mattherson seem to do is die and flail around ineffectually. It's not even a real challenge fighting them most of the time now. Wish my NC dude was over there instead, but all I got is my TR guy, who I haven't really touched much lately.

Also, for VS nerds, make sure you're using the Saron or the PPA for all your Harasser and Magrider stuff, they're both really good for their role now.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Night Shade posted:

All I see here is lasher bait :colbert:

It's Connery, only one Lasher showed up. :v: (Who subsequently ate an Enforcer rocket)

So ZOE is pretty cool, I can one shot MAXes with Vanguard HEAT now.

Hog Jowls
Apr 10, 2004

The ditch is nearer.
Alright, they need to implement the lattice on Esamir and Amerish, pronto. I don't care if they are fixed just right, or perfectly balanced, or any of that poo poo. Have an intern draw some loving lines, put it in the game, and kick it out the door. It has improved gameplay so much on Indar I'd rather they throw it together now, and fix it later.

Westy543 posted:

It's Connery, only one Lasher showed up. :v: (Who subsequently ate an Enforcer rocket)

So ZOE is pretty cool, I can one shot MAXes with Vanguard HEAT now.
Yeah, what you're showing right there happened precisely that way on Mattherson earlier, and I thought it might have been the very battle I participated in until I remembered you're on Connery. They broke through that position, and a wave of VPC, PPC, and Lasher fire drove them back shortly thereafter. I think it still has potential, it's just that employing it properly will be tricky.

Hog Jowls fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 23, 2013

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
What did they change about the enforcer? I died a bunch of times to it today and I don't ever dying to a enforcer before in like 600 hours of gameplay.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

keyframe posted:

What did they change about the enforcer? I died a bunch of times to it today and I don't ever dying to a enforcer before in like 600 hours of gameplay.

Half damage, 10 round mag with 1 second between shots (feels like less), much less available ammo reserves, less velocity, still one shots infantry.

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY

Hog Jowls posted:

Alright, they need to implement the lattice on Esamir and Amerish, pronto. I don't care if they are fixed just right, or perfectly balanced, or any of that poo poo. Have an intern draw some loving lines, put it in the game, and kick it out the door. It has improved gameplay so much on Indar I'd rather they throw it together now, and fix it later.

Agreed. Indar today was fantastic, and I'll be damned if I let platoons I lead fight anywhere else from now on.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Are SCUs still working as usual? I was just at an amp station fight where VS had managed to trap us inside the vehicle hangar with the shields, but when the SCU went down the shields were still active. I thought the entire base shut down now.

An Unoriginal Name
Jul 11, 2011

My favorite touhou is my beloved Nitori.
:swoon:

Traveller posted:

Are SCUs still working as usual? I was just at an amp station fight where VS had managed to trap us inside the vehicle hangar with the shields, but when the SCU went down the shields were still active. I thought the entire base shut down now.

I don't see anything in the patch notes related to this and didn't have access to test to see if that's what they intended on doing, so they either didn't get it working or didn't intend on doing it like that (yet).

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

An Unoriginal Name posted:

I don't see anything in the patch notes related to this and didn't have access to test to see if that's what they intended on doing, so they either didn't get it working or didn't intend on doing it like that (yet).

That's how it works in test, it's kind of eerie seeing abandoned enemy bases and walking straight into their spawn.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

So at first it looked like the Connery / Helios merger would be bad news for VS, since it would potentially throw the empire balance even further off track. Luckily, two important things happened: Indar was at or near pop lock all night ensuring pops were close to even, and Helios TR are really really bad at PlanetSide. I ended the night with a 2+ KDR after doing almost entirely infantry work for several hours, and that just never happens. At one point I was sitting inside the Dahaka gen room, using an AI turret to get continuous headshots on an endless stream of guys piling up against the force field. None of them could seem to figure out how to hit me back. Even after the field fell it took them a good 10 seconds to actually kill me, by which point I'd shot another half dozen, hopped off the turret, and grenaded a few more. Thanks Helios TR for making me feel like a badass!

I also hit 2254 certs, said to hell with it, and instantly maxed out ZOE. Do not regret it.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Thundarr posted:

So at first it looked like the Connery / Helios merger would be bad news for VS, since it would potentially throw the empire balance even further off track. Luckily, two important things happened: Indar was at or near pop lock all night ensuring pops were close to even, and Helios TR are really really bad at PlanetSide. I ended the night with a 2+ KDR after doing almost entirely infantry work for several hours, and that just never happens. At one point I was sitting inside the Dahaka gen room, using an AI turret to get continuous headshots on an endless stream of guys piling up against the force field. None of them could seem to figure out how to hit me back. Even after the field fell it took them a good 10 seconds to actually kill me, by which point I'd shot another half dozen, hopped off the turret, and grenaded a few more. Thanks Helios TR for making me feel like a badass!

I also hit 2254 certs, said to hell with it, and instantly maxed out ZOE. Do not regret it.

Helios TR were usually pretty good. They remained competitive on the server despite averaging the low 20s in percentages for quite some time. NC platoons would regularly get clobbered pretty hard by well organized outfits until player attention would start to wane and then the NC would inevitably wash over them due to sheer numbers. I would be amazed if your tune didn't change dramatically when you get into a fight with NC. I'm sorrounded by knuckledraggers who have no battlefield awareness who are lead by people who also have no battlefield awareness. I'm constantly amazed by "Hey, we're doing great, we'll be moving out soon once we've got these spawn rooms secured." while the spawns on the other side of the tech plant have all been flipped by enemies and there's a constant stream of squads putting pressure on the base.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 04:30 on May 23, 2013

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Maybe the platoons I ran into at Saurva and Dahaka were just a special breed of stupid? v:shobon:v They really were ducks in a barrel after they were forced indoors. I'm pretty sure I actually trained a lot of them that you can even shoot through orange shields in the first place, since before setting up that turret I had walked right up next to it with my MAX and popped eight or so before they started shooting back.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Does the game still not load in masses of players that are 20 feet ahead of me during large firefights?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

20 feet in front of you, all of the infantry should be showing up. Their heads may not render if my gameplay experience tonight was any indication, but there was a lot of Lasher fun to be had.

Now Mossies vanishing from existence shortly after firing a missile at them... that's another story.

Rkelly
Sep 7, 2003
I dont seem to have any problems with rendering close range any more except maybe some heads.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Rkelly posted:

I dont seem to have any problems with rendering close range any more except maybe some heads.

I have this issue often as well. I wonder if that follows the same rules as general rendering, if you can't render the head you can't do a headshot :v:

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I have to say, today has been the most fun I've had in the game in a long long time.

For 6 hours it was straight up combined arms ramming poo poo up the TR and NC on Indar, the lattice really has forced some awesome fights.

Highlight was definitely the two bridge fights from Regent Rock to Scarred Mesa, followed by the dual platoon gal drop on Mesa which took it from 2 defending NC platoons who were loving wiped out by about 40 ZOE maxes.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

A Tartan Tory posted:

I have to say, today has been the most fun I've had in the game in a long long time.

For 6 hours it was straight up combined arms ramming poo poo up the TR and NC on Indar, the lattice really has forced some awesome fights.

Highlight was definitely the two bridge fights from Regent Rock to Scarred Mesa, followed by the dual platoon gal drop on Mesa which took it from 2 defending NC platoons who were loving wiped out by about 40 ZOE maxes.

And going up that loving hill into about 250 TR.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Velius posted:

Oh, quit being disingenuous Welsper. A 300 range missile is going to be more limited in scope than an 800 meter railgun or 800(?) meter radar guided missile launcher. Yes, there's a niche for it, but it's pretty limited by range, and there really aren't that many bases where it's a big factor. Not compared to lancing vehicles at adjacent bases from render range, or completely denying enemy air.

Yeah seriously. Range is king, the phoenix doesn't begin to approach the effectiveness of the lancer.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Oh my. The new enforcer is completely hilarious against infantry. 10 rounds in the magazine and a 1hKO on a direct hit against everything except max rank flak armor.

Why are you so bad at this Sony?

keyframe posted:

They made the Enforcer much better at infantry sniping, and for some reason it seems to do really lovely damage to vehicles now. On paper it should be better against vehicles, in practice... Somehow it doesn't seem to be. I probably just need to learn to use it again after the changes.

Edit: Did they change vehicle resists again? I'm testing the halberd and it too seems to do really lovely damage to vehicles now. 3 shots to kill and ESF? :wtc:

o muerte fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 23, 2013

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

o muerte posted:

Oh my. The new enforcer is completely hilarious against infantry. 10 rounds in the magazine and a 1hKO on a direct hit against everything except max rank flak armor.

They made the Enforcer much better at infantry sniping, and for some reason it seems to do really lovely damage to vehicles now. On paper it should be better against vehicles, in practice... Somehow it doesn't seem to be. I probably just need to learn to use it again after the changes.

Edit: Did they change vehicle resists again? I'm testing the halberd and it too seems to do really lovely damage to vehicles now. 3 shots to kill and ESF? :wtc:

Are you sure? 1000 damage taken in half is 500, plus 700... is 1300. The Enforcer has some offset now. It is a black hole into which everything disappears. You can kill a Sundy in almost one mag... you need to land your shots, though.

They have not, the fighters always took three shots from a Halberd/old Enforcer.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 23, 2013

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Crooked Warden posted:

Does the game still not load in masses of players that are 20 feet ahead of me during large firefights?

No, they fixed this some time ago. In fact, infantry render from much further out now.
Vehicle render range seems to have taken a step back though, but nothing serious.

Also why has nobody mentioned that infantry LEAN when running and strafing now? MY IMMERSION (is now slightly deeper)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

o muerte posted:

What. The Enforcer is amazing now.

A Tartan Tory posted:

You are awful. Come back to NC and play with Falcons and Enforcers.

Why can't the Connery NC come to Matherson. While we managed to get our pubbies actually doing useful poo poo today, they mostly are still terrible because they're mostly still TAS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
What the gently caress is with people with no heads

Headless max

~Ultra settings~ The radar dish texture is pulled from quake 2

• Locked thread