Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I was not aware that was attributed to The Big Bopper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ChrisBTY posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b-by5e4saI

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

he just kind of talk singed

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
He was accidentally inventing hip-hop!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I always think of a line Futurama's Roswell that Ends Well when the Big Bopper comes up. Oh lord. We'll have to endure the awful music of the Big Bopper and then the terrible tragedy of his death.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Is Ritchie Valens a guild member or did they just kind of leave him out?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TK-42-1 posted:

Is Ritchie Valens a guild member or did they just kind of leave him out?

They just ignored him as far as I can tell. He's not in any flashbacks or anything. My guess is Phantomah killed him as a way to induce the others to work with him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ChrisBTY posted:

It was supposed to be called hip bop but they misheard him.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Richie was too good of heart to turn to evil so they... well, they got drunk and kind of slew him.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Ritchie still just died in the plane crash as normal. Shame, he was this close to getting his wings too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Finally listened to the movie's commentaries. Felt very cathartic, especially hearing their attitudes about the current state of the industry and Doc's musings about repressive desublimation within it. Makes me feel much better about the series being able to end when and how it did.

NinjaPaco
May 6, 2003
i have no idea what custom title should be
Quick question, where is the commentary track? Is it only available on the physical blueray? I bought it on Amazon Video and its freaking censored!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NinjaPaco posted:

Quick question, where is the commentary track? Is it only available on the physical blueray? I bought it on Amazon Video and its freaking censored!

There are three tracks on my itunes digital purchase (none censored). There's the Q&A digital extra with John Hodgman, the Q&A commentary to the movie, and then the straight commentary to the movie.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It's Movies Anywhere so buying it one place should net you a digital copy in every storefront. So, as long as you have Amazon linked to Movies Anywhere, you can link it to an Apple ID as well to get the movie there and get the commentary (as well as Vudu, Google, Microsoft, Comcast, DirecTV, and FiOS.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaPaco
May 6, 2003
i have no idea what custom title should be
Ah gotcha, thank you so much I was going nuts