Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

2. I found AGWs positively useless in this game except for maybe one fight. Are you really gonna be using them a lot? If so that will give me a whole new way of seeing the game played.

Likewise here --- the game is beatable w/o using them except when the tutorial forces you to.
(Like that simulator in hangar you didn't use because you didn't want to wear out AGWS? It's beatable on foot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I like how you got what looks like an SMG as the drop off that hybrid miniboss.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

Is there ever a stated reason why they built KOS-MOS to look like some long-haired magic anime girl instead of, y'know, a Terminator? Maybe they wouldn't be so surprised if their killer death-bot looked like a gleaming metal skeleton.

There is a flashback scene which explains that, IIRC.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
With respect to the weird boss names (Perun, Stribog, Svarozich) : they're all riped off of Slavic
mythology.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

EP is refilled between battles, right? So Erde Kaiser is basically the game's fast-forward button. "Tired of slogging through random encounters? Here you go, now they're all dead."

No, it's not auto-refilled, but items to refill it are pretty accessible.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Jr, MOMO and chaos to show off the redesigns for the first 2.
(I don't remember whether chaos changed, but I am pretty sure Ziggy continues being
his awesome self).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

NikkolasKing posted:

Oddly, Xenoblade is the one Xeno game that I never hear people praising the plot. Oh yes, I recall a lot of talk about it being the best JRPG of its generation but that had to do with gameplay, not the storyline or characters.

It's also the only Xeno- game where the storyline is appropriately sized for the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Samizdata posted:

I know I have asked this before, but I am going to ask again. You really, really promise this is going to make some level of some sort of sense at the end, right?

At end of Episode III.

• Locked thread