Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Jong-un
Aug 22, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I just eat beans straight out of the can with like a quarter bottle of Tabasco dumped in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Ramen can be surprisingly decent if you cook it right:

1. Boil the ramen; do not add the seasoning to the boiling water.

2. Crack an egg into a bowl, add about half of the seasoning packet. Discard the rest of the seasoning. You could add more seasoning if you love salt I guess.

3. When the ramen is ready, pour the ramen into the bowl along with enough boiling water to almost fill the bowl. Mix vigorously. The egg will cook and thicken the broth.

4. Mix in about a tablespoon each of hoisin sauce and Sriracha. You can adjust this part to taste.

You can use any flavor of ramen, but I find it works best with Roast Chicken or Oriental flavors. Don't gently caress with Shrimp flavor, it sucks (I say this as a dude who loves shrimp).

The Iron Fury
Nov 30, 2008
My shame snacks are many and varied, but my most ridiculous one is Doritos with peanut butter to dip them in. You potato chip peanut butter eaters should try that poo poo out.

Also, since we mentioned it, spam motherfucking musubi. I feel only a little shame eating that one because, while embarrassing on the mainland, it is a staple in Hawaii where I grew up.

Zoom Shroom
Nov 19, 2007

by Lowtax
My feelings.

Serious answer: Mi Goreng noodles and Milo. Which was also my after school snack. Which I don't eat anymore because I looked at the nutrition information and god drat that's an 800kcal snack; I don't even eat half that for dinner nowadays.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
Raw cake batter. From the box. Sometimes in between peanut butter and jelly. :2bong: :munch: :smith: :2bong:

Nuja fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 23, 2013

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I take a spoon and eat nutella straight from the jar.

Sometimes peanut butter or honey but the nutella really makes me feel gross afterwards.

Anti_Social
Jan 1, 2007

My problem is you dancing all the time
Nacho cheese doritos, with cheese melted on them in the oven.

Kind of tame I guess, but it feels pretty shameful when I look at the fat and calorie count.

Risky
May 18, 2003

I used to take chocolate chips and pour half the bag in a jar of peanut butter. I'd then swirl it around and eat it like that. Now I just go to the store and buy reeses cups like a loving adult.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I often carry a plastic baggie of bacon and/or bbq'd pork ribs around with me to gnaw on throughout the day, I mostly work outdoors and don't feel like making a proper lunch/dinner...the cigarettes and booze will kill me long before food does.

Ramen makes good Pad Thai if you are cooking on the cheap.

Also, is it just me or are many of these snacks not shameful but rather awesome?

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

Moridin920 posted:

I take a spoon and eat nutella straight from the jar.

Sometimes peanut butter or honey but the nutella really makes me feel gross afterwards.

Nutella is loving delicious. I will 1up you, though: I still occasionally eat a spoonful of Nesquick chocolate milk powder.

The one snack I cannot control is Chester's Butter flavored Puffcorn. Jeebus, that stuff is addictive.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I'm a big sucker for peanut butter, in addition to eating far too much of those pretzel coated pb clusters and indulging in the occasional Elvis sandwich, I usually end up putting a glob or two onto my ramen(as well as some ginger, cayenne, and sesame oil) when I make it so I end up with some sort of half-assed thai peanut noodle.

Fudge Handsome
Jan 29, 2011

Shall we do it?
I make chip dip. It's just sour cream with the powder from Lipton's Onion Soup Mix -- the fewer actual onions, the better (and smoother and creamier). It's disgusting but delicious, and I validate myself by not having it often. Maybe once every two months. I usually have it with just plain ol' ripple chips.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Butter sandwiches, it's just like it sounds like sweet cream butter that's softened and white bread. I used to eat them as a small child and still enjoy them.

Oh and I'll second I eat Doritos with cheez wiz. It's surprisingly good.

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

When I was younger my favorite part of making cookies was tasting (too much of) the creamed butter/sugar mixture before the eggs went in.

So one night I dumped a couple tablespoons of butter and some sugar into a bowl, creamed it poorly with a spoon and just ate it straight.

It tasted like butter and sugar and regret.

Meat Mitts
May 28, 2012
I often go after toppings, like I'll eat a bag of croutons by themselves, or bacon bits. I also will eat parmesan cheese in powdered form by itself.

I dunno if this counts as snacks of shame or shameful snacks, but I've cooked and eaten an entire pound and a half package of bacon in one sitting. My most shameful moment though was eating an entire gallon of cashews in one sitting :cripes:

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010
Just remembered another one that I discovered after reading a comic strip of The Numskulls. Cheese, generally cheddar, and dill pickles together forever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I've caught myself eating pickles out of the jar, croutons out of a bag, and those sprinkle-on salad fixings and bacon bits. I could go out and just buy regular chips and what not when I get snacky, but no, I'm too lazy to go out and buy those and rather eat my salad texture.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I like to dip hot dogs (along with the bun) into Panchos cheese dip.

I'm a slut for that stuff.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
I love making really low effort taco "salads". You get a bowl, however big you want your lovely salad to be. Heat up some refried beans with some cheese on them, slap that down into your bowl. Stick some tortilla chips down into the beans around the edge of the bowl until it's ringed with tortilla chips. This works particularly well with chips that aren't totally stale, but maybe you passed out and left the bag open the night before. If you're a wasteful gently caress like me. Warming up the chips is good too.

Throw some chopped lettuce, olives, black beans, and whatever else you want. Sprinkle cheese on top, heap on a dollop of sour cream and salsa. Eat your poor-rear end taco salad.

I also loved canned pears, just dump them in a bowl and drizzle them with honey and throw on maybe some cinnamon or brown sugar or whatever.

Microwaved cookie sandwiches with peanut butter/nutella/whatever in the middle is good too.

edit: A pint of ice cream, a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips to dip in the ice cream.

Sitting Here fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 23, 2013

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I went to fetch a cup of coffee and realized another: I put mini marshmallows in my coffee.
Screw y'all. :colbert:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Spam. Spam and anything. Spam and eggs. Spam mixed into a bigass skillet breakfast. Fried Spam sandwiches. Grilled Spam-burger things with pineapple slices and bbq sauce. Spam and baked beans.

Spam cold out of the loving can while I sit in a dark room and watch TV while drinking :getin:

(Nobody must ever know :ssh:)

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Usually I eat solid food but I eat grass when it makes me constipated. I LOVE chocolate but don't get many chances to eat it. Girlfriend say I'm allergic. I doubt it.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Peanut butter, jelly & cereal sandwich. :shobon:

Especially if I've got some rice krispies cereal for it, adds a nice crunch to it without messing up the PB&J flavor.

NoodleBox
Jul 11, 2009
I like to snack on what I call a "fancy hobo pizza"

Its pretty much a lazy grilled cheese with somewhat higher grade stuff (cheddar, mozzarella, swiss, havarti, gouda) on a slice of decent bread (like fresh baked rolls, or anything that isn't heavily processed) and then I toss it in the microwave (or pan) to heat up the cheese, and to finish it off I slice up some tomatoes and plop'em right between the bread

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Hot cocoa powder. It's great until you need to cough...:mad:

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

Das Boo posted:

I went to fetch a cup of coffee and realized another: I put mini marshmallows in my coffee.
Screw y'all. :colbert:

That's how I add my cream and sugar sometimes, hell yeah. Makes the coffee thick and I really recommend trying it to anyone that feels serious about coffee.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...

Yardbomb posted:

Peanut butter, jelly & cereal sandwich. :shobon:

Especially if I've got some rice krispies cereal for it, adds a nice crunch to it without messing up the PB&J flavor.

So pretty much a sinner's sandwich with peanut butter instead of turkey. :synthy:

For a solid year I would eat blue corn chips and lentil soup when I watched Sealab 2021 and Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Those were good times.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Peanut butter and mayonnaise. I blame my dad for that one.
Also Gushers because apparently my stomach is that of a seven-year-old.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.
Dunk a spoonful of peanut butter into a glass of Ovaltine.

Cottage cheese mixed with applesauce

B.H. Facials
May 9, 2011

"Getting teased is part of growing up. It's no big deal. Just tell yourself, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones, but a .44 Magnum will tear that bully a new asshole!'"

Mescal posted:

Usually I eat solid food but I eat grass when it makes me constipated. I LOVE chocolate but don't get many chances to eat it. Girlfriend say I'm allergic. I doubt it.

You got some fancy typing skills for being one of the canine persuasion. Anyway, I remembered I also like to buy packages of sliced pepperoni and eat it straight out of the pack.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Shredded nori. I feel like I'm eating fish food.

I buy it as a garnish but end up shoveling it into my mouth, usually in the middle of the night.

And you have to eat it alone because it sticks to the corners of your mouth and just isn't easy to eat. There's no way to be dainty with it.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I have no idea when or why I tried this, but I like dipping croutons ('seasoned herb' style) in ketchup. I remember I used to eat potato chips and ketchup as a kid, so I'm guessing it evolved out of that.
I like the Kroger branded bags of croutons that cost a dollar.

Sometimes I'll sneak a few packs of my niece & nephew's fruit snacks. It's a shame that 'adult' fruit snacks are crazy expensive.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I really like cheese and crackers, but I don't want to go through all the EFFORT of actually slicing up the cheese to fit onto the crackers. So I just bite off a hunk of cheese and then shove a cracker into my mouth and chew.

It's usually best done over a kitchen sink.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

If I'm fending for myself I usually carbo-load. Leftover mac n' cheese, rice, a ramen bowl. poo poo, I'll dress that mother up with soy sauce, parmesean cheese straight from the container, Sriracha Cock Sause (holy poo poo is that ever good), Lee & Perrins Worstershire sauce, basically load all that in.

If I have it I like naan or pita with hummus.

Late night drunk food: local greasy spoon eggs, or poutine. With lots of hot coffee.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I eat dry cereal as a snack, sort of like one would eat trail mix or whatever. It's been several months since I've had cereal with milk.

When I was younger I'd make quesadillas in the microwave pretty much every day, using pre-shredded cheddar. No wonder I was a chubby kid in high school. :smith:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

I'm trying to keep junk food out of my house, but sometimes I will crack and run to the store just for these and eat the whole loving bag. I have no idea why. They're basically salted potato air but when the craving strikes I MUST HAVE THEM.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Whenever I go shopping, I always pick up a block of Kraft sharp cheddar cheese. When no one is around, I'll take that block of cheese out of the fridge, grab a knife, and I will just go to town on it. I could easily eat an entire block of that stuff in one sitting, constipation be damned. The sheer amount that I shovel down my gullet is quite shameful.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm very selective and healthy about what I eat these days, but gently caress me if this

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

tater-tots with sausage gravy

doesn't sound delicious. I give in about once a month and eat something fairly ridiculous; maybe I'll give this a try.

As for me, one thing I used to love before I got all healthy like was peanut butter and syrup. Not just any syrup, has to be Brer Rabbit Full Flavor or maybe Steen's if the former isn't available. Just take a couple spoonfuls of PB, cover in syrup, mix it up, and then enjoy it on a spoon or some toast or whatever.

goku im piss
Mar 18, 2005

Your mama was a snowblower
Uncooked Parmesan tortellini right from the bag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Chocopuffs with maple syrup mixed in with the milk and a piece of cake and ice cream also mixed into it.

• Locked thread