Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shedrakzo
Sep 2, 2011
Huh, no betrayal by Quark! Though I wonder if we'll actually be able to get outside, or something will stop us like one of the previous times. Maybe Sigma will even choose to stay for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Horrible brutal ending courtesy of K in 3...2...1...

In all seriousness, though, I did fully expect Quark to somehow, somehow manage to hit betray. Looks like we don't have to worry about that bullshit that killed us last time we played against a person that was obviously sick and would definitely pick Ally.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It just goes to show that Alice is a terrible person.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Shedrakzo posted:

Huh, no betrayal by Quark! Though I wonder if we'll actually be able to get outside, or something will stop us like one of the previous times. Maybe Sigma will even choose to stay for now?

Clover's also got 9 BP, I can't imagine that not being a factor.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
One thing I'm curious about - was it ever stated that BP can exceed 9? It's never really come up, as far as I can remember.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Considering that Zero says

and you get penalized for not voting (or at least not having one person in your group vote), it's very likely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We just betrayed an unconscious child. I hope you are proud of yourselves. :mad:

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Considering that child is the clone of a terrorist leading some sort of world-cleansing, I don't feel too guilty about it.

Also, there's literally no way we're walking out alive. We're gonna get murderised in the next update.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

xeose4 posted:

Considering that child is the clone of a terrorist leading some sort of world-cleansing, I don't feel too guilty about it.

Also, there's literally no way we're walking out alive. We're gonna get murderised in the next update.

Where are you even getting this from, Dio's the clone.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

GeneralYeti posted:

Horrible brutal ending courtesy of K in 3...2...1...

In all seriousness, though, I did fully expect Quark to somehow, somehow manage to hit betray. Looks like we don't have to worry about that bullshit that killed us last time we played against a person that was obviously sick and would definitely pick Ally.

well to be fair, Alice's unconsciousness-defying betrayal was the one that did not involve quantum switcheroos

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

xeose4 posted:

No he's not. He's just a kid who seems to be way more susceptible to Radical-6 than everybody else.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

xeose4 posted:

Oh yes, almost certainly. Maybe, for maximum irony value, while Sigma is on the floor being beaten to death, Clover will leave through the number 9 door when no one is watching her.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Considering that Zero says

and you get penalized for not voting (or at least not having one person in your group vote), it's very likely.

You could theoretically just keep allying until everyone has 9. Of course, that would be too easy (and Dio would gently caress it up anyway).

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Didn't Dio revealed that Quark was also a clone in that ending where we get all the plotdump from him? Or am I just projecting because they're both blond?

Guess, I should keep a better track of my theories vs. what's actually true.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Green Intern posted:

You could theoretically just keep allying until everyone has 9. Of course, that would be too easy (and Dio would gently caress it up anyway).

Simple solution, murder Dio and he'll end up auto-allying unless his ghost somehow votes betray. Go to the axe/spear room and have everyone hold the weapon while the killing blow is made so nobody could go to the cops afterward (ha, as if anyone would ever report Dio's death)

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

xeose4 posted:

Didn't Dio revealed that Quark was also a clone in that ending where we get all the plotdump from him? Or am I just projecting because they're both blond?

Guess, I should keep a better track of my theories vs. what's actually true.

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it didn't

there's been speculation to that effect but we still haven't really learned anything about quark

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Green Intern posted:

You'd also have to assume that no one would betray considering the dead old woman that's been turning up.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Welp, that shows me not to assume people are related just because they have the same hair colour.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Cake Attack posted:

it didn't

there's been speculation to that effect but we still haven't really learned anything about quark

Impossible, there's no such thing as a Left Quark. :downsrim:

Just binged the thread. Augh! Reading serially is going to suck!

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

Sentient Data posted:

(ha, as if anyone would ever report Dio's death)

Even if they did I'm not sure how much good it would do.

"Hello officer I have a crime to report. I was drugged and kidnapped and forced to play this prisoner's dilemma deathgame hosted by this talking rabbit and someone decided to straight up murder this terrorist clone psycho guy who looked like a circus ringleader because he kept dicking us over. So I think that's a 27-43, right? Oh and there was this suicide-inducing supervirus and these poison bracelets and these antimatter bombs and these cryosleep pods also these sentient robots which could be disguised as humans... No I am not on drugs, why do you ask?"

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm working under the assumption that Quark is a clone of Brother because that's an obvious conclusion to draw plus they're both blond and have stupid hats.

I'm absolutely awaiting being proven dead wrong of course.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Please check your bracelet to see your updated Bracelet Points.

VLR OST: [Eeriness]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

S-Sorry...
It wasn't me...

Sigma, huh?

Y-Yeah...

Care to explain this, then?

What's there to explain? It's exactly what it looks like.
I'm getting out of here.

What...?

Are you going with him, Clover?

[Music fades out]

When they all turned to look at Clover, I made my move.

VLR OST: [Strain]

Hey! Wait!

He'd have to do better than shout if he wanted to stop me.
It was closer, I was almost there...
I took one last running leap—
And slammed into the wall, the unlocking device right in front of me.

With a yell of triumph, I threw the lever down.

The door began to open.
A heavy metallic grinding noise filled the room.

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

His voice sounded almost surprised.
I turned to face him.

Sigma...

Don't worry.
I'll go to the police as soon as I get out, and come back with help.
I'm not going to just leave you all here to die.

Don't give me that poo poo! I know a liar when I see one!

Really? Maybe you should get your eyes checked.

Guh...
Are you guys just going to let him run off like this?!

No way. I can't allow that.
He took advantage of a sick kid.
He's just a coward!

Agreed.

I also agree.

That's it, then.
Let's get him. Ready?

Yeah.

He's toast.

Just leave it to us.

H-Hey now, don't do anything you'll regret...
This door only opens once, you know.
If you stop me, then—

Give it up!

Charge!

I spun back around to face the door.
There it was, right in front of me. Freedom.
I leapt for it—
Or at least I tried.

It happened in the blink of an eye.
Suddenly my cheek was being pressed against the cold, steel floor of the warehouse.

[Music fades out]

The number nine door has been opened.
It will remain open for 9 seconds.

VLR OST: [Demise]

I could feel something huge, heavy, and metal pressed against my back.
K had to be holding me down.
I flailed and kicked, but it didn't do any good.

What're you doing?! You're just killing yourselves!
The door only opens once! If I don't—

I know.

Go, Clover.

Huh?

You're the only one of us with 9 BP.
Nobody else can get out.

But...

This is an order from your commanding officer.
You are to escape from this facility. Once you've accomplished that, call for help.

That's...

Stop complaining and go!
If that door closes it's all over!
None of us will get out of here alive!
Leave!

The door had already begun to close.
The space was narrowing quickly, but was still wide enough for a single person to make it through...

Fine...
You didn't leave me much choice.

Aah!

I couldn't see what had happened, but I heard enough to guess.
Alice had shoved Clover through the door.
Looking up, I could see Clover's feet just beyond the doorway.

Go. Call for help.
I'm counting on you.

Alice! No!
I can't—!

The number nine door has closed.
This ends the Nonary Game.
Thank you for your participation.
As the game is over, all doors other than the number nine door have been unlocked.
Escape is not possible.
Please enjoy your stay.

That was waaaay longer than nine seconds.

Okay, so we're stuck inside with a bunch of people who hate us and Clover
really isn't going to like what she finds outside but at least no-one died this time!

Well, it's another branch closed.

This one's actually been open for a while but someone's finally noticed that we now know who was behind the bombs, so this option is once again open to us!

As, of course, are all of these. Choose wisely!

cd ~/magenta/ally/red
After successfully allying with Luna, go through the Red door with Alice and Clover

cd ~/magenta/ally/blue
After successfully allying with Luna, go through the Blue door with Alice and K

cd ~/yellow/ally/green
After being betrayed by Tenmyouji, go through the Green door with Clover and Quark

cd ~/yellow/ally/blue
After being betrayed by Tenmyouji, go through the Blue door with Clover and Tenmyouji

cd ~/cyan/betray/blue
After successfully betraying Alice, reject Alice's suggestion and insist on taking the Blue door with Luna and Alice

cd ~/cyan/betray/green
After successfully betraying Alice, reject Alice's suggestion and insist on taking the Green door with Luna and Clover

cd ~/cyan/betray/red/ally && chmod u+rwx *
Lock No. 09: Who planted the bomb?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ahahahahaha, they'll loving trust K and someone as hysterically incompetent as Clover, but Sigma? No, he'll never come back for us. They're listening to DIO.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And so Sigma again gets knocked to the ground, whereas everyone else can just waltz out and monologue after dodging one person. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 15, 2015

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Oh, hey, look at that. We failed to escape despite getting 9 points and learned absolutely nothing of value. What a shocking twist. Who could have possible seen that coming? :geno:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The door will close in nnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee sssssssseeeecooonnndddssssssssssssssds.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh, hey, look at that. We failed to escape despite getting 9 points and learned absolutely nothing of value.

Fedule posted:

Go. Call for help.
I'm counting on you.

Alice! No!
I can't—!

So, taking bets... Gaulem that can't leave the facility, brainwashed clone, knowledge that we're stuck on the moon, just received something psychically, or just boring old emotional?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

W.T. Fits posted:

Oh, hey, look at that. We failed to escape despite getting 9 points and learned absolutely nothing of value. What a shocking twist. Who could have possible seen that coming? :geno:

Don't act like you didn't know this would be a game over after the proper ending was on the exact other branch. You should know how the story works at this point, so don't blame it.

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
I'm not sure anyone was expecting anything. We just wanted to clear up the loose strings before moving on.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I (and most likely quite a few other people) only voted for this option because it was obviously a quick game over, and thus the fastest way to get to the plot lock.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sentient Data posted:

So, taking bets... Gaulem that can't leave the facility, brainwashed clone, knowledge that we're stuck on the moon, just received something psychically, or just boring old emotional?

Come on man, it's clearly the last one. Not everything is going to be an out of left field plot twist. She just had that big story monologue about how she is not very good at her job and that Alice is her role model so her freaking out about being ordered to get out and save the day by herself is expected.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

This one's actually been open for a while but someone's finally noticed that we now know who was behind the bombs, so this option is once again open to us!

Actually, people have noticed and commented that we can break the plot lock as soon as the relevant update was posted:

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

ApplesandOranges posted:

Two endings down, and presumably after we go through another route we can revisit that route and spill the beans on Dio.
Is there any reason we can't spill the beans on him now? We've already seen two endings where he straight-up admits to being the bomber.

whitehelm posted:

That timeline is currently at a "Who set the bombs" lock which we should be able to open now.

You just haven't noticed I guess.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Aumanor posted:

I (and most likely quite a few other people) only voted for this option because it was obviously a quick game over, and thus the fastest way to get to the plot lock.

Yeah, okay, that's a fair point.

Waffleman_ posted:

You should know how the story works at this point, so don't blame it.

I've platinumed the game. I was being a sarcastic rear end in a top hat because I get frustrated when people vote for obvious dead ends instead of moving on to explore the other routes; I like seeing the reactions and speculation that result. But that's on me for already knowing how the story plays out, and it's not fair for me to take it out on the people who haven't played. So I'm sorry for being a jackass about it and I'll shut up now. :smith:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Aumanor posted:

Actually, people have noticed and commented that we can break the plot lock as soon as the relevant update was posted:

Is there any reason we can't spill the beans on him now? We've already seen two endings where he straight-up admits to being the bomber.

Knew I didn't check back far enough.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 15, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

To be fair, seeing all of the Game Overs is its own (last) reward.

xeose4
Sep 22, 2014
Huh.

I expected a lot more death.

Alex0080
May 3, 2013

Fedule posted:

Finally? Someone said it right after the update where we learned that, before the next update went up! On the same page where you reminded us we needed to say the answer to the plot lock before you'd put it on the list, even!

Aumanor posted:

Regarding the Plot Locks- maybe we can now accuse Dio of being the one who planted the bomb?.

Aumanor posted:

Yeah, your post was actually the first, and had all the key words: "plot lock", "Dio", and "planted the bomb" right in there.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
To be fair to those who dont trust Sigma
He voted against an unconscious kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
I know it isn't going to win by a long shot, but I'd like to point out there's only ONE path we haven't taken that I can see so far that we can team up with K.

• Locked thread