Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bachus
May 31, 2011
You are evil. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
I honestly don't remember that explanation about Clover and Dio, probably because I picked a different option. I do remember that it still made plenty of sense, though, which means that the devs have done a good job of coming up with plausible theories for all three candidates. Or maybe I just don't remember it simply because it was so long ago.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Taco Defender

GeneralYeti posted:

Nine little players, they think they are set;
One disappears, and makes them all fret.

Eight little players, going to town;
The next one gets stabbed and simply falls down.

Seven little players, hoping they'll be found;
Poor player found dead when no one's around.

Six little players, looking for a door;
Two didn't make it in, now there's only four.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Color Printer posted:

We all know where this backlog of updates will end anyway. :unsmigghh:

By the way, if you live in North America, Virtue's Last Reward is now available on the 3DS eShop for $24.99.

Which is good because physical copies are pretty hard to come by in some areas.

:getin:

And I was just posting about how much it sucked that it wasn't on there.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

SingerOfW posted:

I honestly don't remember that explanation about Clover and Dio, probably because I picked a different option. I do remember that it still made plenty of sense, though, which means that the devs have done a good job of coming up with plausible theories for all three candidates. Or maybe I just don't remember it simply because it was so long ago.

It's the latter...the only difference is whether Sigma or Phi is giving the explanation.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The update I am about to post is kinda short.

But the update I am going to post tomorrow isn't.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

VLR OST: [Consternation]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

What?

The security camera.
Remember how we didn't see anything in the real-time feed in the security room?

I guess the partition was in the way...

Yeah...

Yeah. Whoever did this really didn't want them going anywhere.
The chain's been looped around the pipe below the sink.

They would've been trapped here when the doors closed...

Why...?

So you're saying it wasn't one of them that did this.

Probably not.

It looks like it's probably from a knife or something similar.
Must have been deep...

Then the blood on his clothes probably came from that wound.
I don't see any others, at least...
If this was the only one, it doesn't look fatal.

I don't think he died from this cut.

When the primary doors closed, they couldn't get to them.
The needles in their bracelets activated, and then...

Yeah.

You can see the marks on their wrists from where they were injected. The tubocuarine must have killed them.

Do you think that's why they were handcuffed to the sink?

Hmm...
They wouldn't have been able to get through the white doors without Quark...

If someone wanted to use the penalty to kill them, they didn't need to tie them up.

Yeah, you've got a point.

What's wrong?

I take back what I just said.

You find something?

Yeah.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, hi Quark, kinda.

And man that shot of Tenmyouji's hand with the cut creeps me out. They really knew how to make that wound look deep.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The next update's going to be a long one? I guess you aren't going to cliffhanger this path at every possible cliffhanger moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Quark's bracelet is off!

That's rather odd, though. It shouldn't come off unless he died or left.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Well, hi Quark, kinda.

And man that shot of Tenmyouji's hand with the cut creeps me out. They really knew how to make that wound look deep.

To be honest, I found this image creepier.

It looks like Clover tried to tear off her skin to get the bracelet off before she died. :smith:

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Quark's bracelet is off!

That's rather odd, though. It shouldn't come off unless he died or left.
And seeing that the bracelet is still inside the building, one can guess what happened to him. :ohdear:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Eesh, that's dark. It looks like Ten's hand was cut after he'd died, as there's no attempt to patch up the wound. (While there is a clear attempt to scrape the bracelet off.) But why would anybody need to get at the blood of a dead man's corpse at this point?

Also I'd just like to point out how stupid it was for Sigma and Phi to go full horror movie and split up in the last update given that there's clearly murderer(s) about.

I'm almost counting on them doing it again.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Poulpe posted:

Eesh, that's dark. It looks like Ten's hand was cut after he'd died, as there's no attempt to patch up the wound. (While there is a clear attempt to scrape the bracelet off.) But why would anybody need to get at the blood of a dead man's corpse at this point?

Personally, if I was handcuffed to a sink and was going to die in however many minutes if I couldn't either get the bracelet off or get the handcuffs off, I certainly wouldn't worry about a wound on my palm. Assuming it happened either immediately before or after he was handcuffed up, and he didn't have time to worry about it before his thoughts were occupied with the more immediate danger.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

For those out there following this, even if you're not listening to the dialogue for whatever reason (which you really should be, the hell is wrong with you?), you should at least read the update while listening to this playing in the background.

Consternation remains one of the creepiest goddamn tracks.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Personally, if I was handcuffed to a sink and was going to die in however many minutes if I couldn't either get the bracelet off or get the handcuffs off, I certainly wouldn't worry about a wound on my palm. Assuming it happened either immediately before or after he was handcuffed up, and he didn't have time to worry about it before his thoughts were occupied with the more immediate danger.

Fair point, but then wouldn't there be blood all over the scratches/puncture marks? That cut looks really deep.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, it's just Sigma, Phi, Dio, and K left at this point. Oh geez. Is it safe to say that they're all screwed at this point? If I were those two, I'd grab Quark's bracelet and use it to get the hell out of here before I end up dead.

...Actually, the fact that his bracelet is still there should be really worrying. If the murderer just wanted to escape, he'd have taken the 9 point bracelet with him.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

legoman727 posted:

So, it's just Sigma, Phi, Dio, and K left at this point. Oh geez. Is it safe to say that they're all screwed at this point? If I were those two, I'd grab Quark's bracelet and use it to get the hell out of here before I end up dead.

...Actually, the fact that his bracelet is still there should be really worrying. If the murderer just wanted to escape, he'd have taken the 9 point bracelet with him.

If you pass through the number 9 door without 9 BP on your own bracelet, you're immediately penalized. Having someone else's 9 bracelet does nothing for you if you can't get your own bracelet off your wrist first.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

legoman727 posted:

It doesn't matter if they have the 9 bracelet. The important thing is that their bracelet has 9 when they leave. If it doesn't, the injections happen. The door can be opened at any time by anyone, but they can only go through it safely if the bracelet they're wearing has 9 BP or more. Quark's 9BP bracelet would only be useful to Quark...if he wearing it any way.

edit: beaten, but point stands.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Taco Defender
Huh... well, if Quark was in that room as well, Dio is the prime suspect. He almost certainly had the knife from Alice's body. Dio could possibly have threatened to kill Quark then and there if Ten didn't handcuff Clover and himself - although that's flimsy - would he have really complied, knowing that Quark would be dead soon if he didn't go through a door anyway? What happened to Quark's body?

I didn't see any scraping around Ten's right wrist where the cuff was.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Poulpe posted:

Clover's right hand might have the answer there. Specifically, the index finger.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Well, poo poo, so either K or Dio is a horrible murderer, it looks like. I'd hate it to be K, but Dio's...kind of too obvious. Maybe K went all Manchurian Candidate or some poo poo.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I didn't see any scraping around Ten's right wrist where the cuff was.

I believe Clover was trying to get the bracelet off, not the handcuffs.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

For those out there following this, even if you're not listening to the dialogue for whatever reason (which you really should be, the hell is wrong with you?), you should at least read the update while listening to this playing in the background.

Consternation remains one of the creepiest goddamn tracks.

I never noticed it before, but it starts out rather similarly to "Chill and Rigor".

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Spatula City posted:

Well, poo poo, so either K or Dio is a horrible murderer, it looks like. I'd hate it to be K, but Dio's...kind of too obvious. Maybe K went all Manchurian Candidate or some poo poo.

On one hand, you have a guy that's acted like kind of a jerk the whole game. On the other, you have a man in a robot suit claiming amnesia. I think the robot is the real obvious choice.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Taco Defender
Of course... Sigma and Phi opened their door, then Sigma passed out, and then they spent some time going over the footage. It takes these guys about 40 minutes to go through a few straight hallways, so Dio and K no doubt finished their room ages ago.

This is why Quark's bracelet is here. One of those two came here after finishing the tests - probably making the excuse that they need to split up an look for the others - and moved Quark's body. Why they forgot to pick up the bracelet, who can say.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013

lotus circle posted:

It doesn't matter if they have the 9 bracelet. The important thing is that their bracelet has 9 when they leave. If it doesn't, the injections happen. The door can be opened at any time by anyone, but they can only go through it safely if the bracelet they're wearing has 9 BP or more. Quark's 9BP bracelet would only be useful to Quark...if he wearing it any way.

edit: beaten, but point stands.

Sorry to nitpick, but only people with 9BP can open the number 9 door.
So if they didn't have Quark's bracelet they wouldn't be able to open it...
Not that it matters much anyway, since yeah even with Quark's bracelet they'll get injected if the try to leave with their current BP, which you already know.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Yeah, there seems to be some confusion about this, so let's just make this unambiguous: There are two restrictions on the number nine door:

1) Only someone with 9+ BP can open it, and
2) Anyone who goes through with less than 9 BP gets penalized.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Fedule posted:

Yeah, there seems to be some confusion about this, so let's just make this unambiguous: There are two restrictions on the number nine door:

1) Only someone with 9+ BP can open it, and
2) Anyone who goes through with less than 9 BP gets penalized.

And it only stays open for nine seconds. Once it opens, you have 90 seconds to write additional conditions for leaving, such as "The person exiting must be walking on their hands, or they'll be penalized," or "Quark do you know rabbits of death love carrots," I'm drifting, but nine is a rather important number in this series and shows up everywhere, which reminds me of something. And yes, I know just enough Japanese to know why, or at least to think I do.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but looking at the three removed bracelets in those screenshots, I couldn't help but notice that Quark's bracelet doesn't have any needles like Clover and Tenmyoji's do. I'm drawing a blank on what that could mean. Maybe Quark was never in any danger? Perhaps Zero draws the line at harming someone that young. And what was Quark's bracelet doing there in the first place? The only way to get it off is to kill him, and his corpse is conspicuously absent. So either A)Someone moved the body, or B)Quark found a loophole in getting the bracelet off. I guess getting a magnet could theoretically shut the bracelet down, but I doubt Zero would be that careless to leave one lying around.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
It totally has needles, check the centre of the gold rings on all the bracelets - they're identical.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

Maybe I'm just grasping at straws, but looking at the three removed bracelets in those screenshots, I couldn't help but notice that Quark's bracelet doesn't have any needles like Clover and Tenmyoji's do. I'm drawing a blank on what that could mean. Maybe Quark was never in any danger? Perhaps Zero draws the line at harming someone that young. And what was Quark's bracelet doing there in the first place? The only way to get it off is to kill him, and his corpse is conspicuously absent. So either A)Someone moved the body, or B)Quark found a loophole in getting the bracelet off. I guess getting a magnet could theoretically shut the bracelet down, but I doubt Zero would be that careless to leave one lying around.

It's the exact same kind of bracelet from Zero's speech. The needles just retract.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's the exact same kind of bracelet from Zero's speech. The needles just retract.

I stand corrected, then. However, the fact that the bracelet's needles are still retracted leads me to believe that Quark is either still alive, or was killed by some method other than being penalized. .

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kay Kessler posted:

I stand corrected, then. However, the fact that the bracelet's needles are still retracted leads me to believe that Quark is either still alive, or was killed by some method other than being penalized. .

It could be possible to remove the bracelet. All you have to do is stop your heart beating, and the Bracelet will let go... Or really what you have to do is block your pulse, since that's probably what it's reading.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Kay Kessler posted:

The needles on Tenmyoji and Clover's bracelets are both retracted. Probably because it would be really stupid for people who need to retrieve the bracelets to accidentally stab themselves with some partially leftover poison and therefore end up penalised/choking to death from a non-full dosage.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pidmon posted:

The needles on Tenmyoji and Clover's bracelets are both retracted. Probably because it would be really stupid for people who need to retrieve the bracelets to accidentally stab themselves with some partially leftover poison and therefore end up penalised/choking to death from a non-full dosage.

Also the bracelets probably wouldn't fall off properly if the needles were still stuck in the owner's skin.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
VLR OST: [Consternation]

This was Quark's!

Correct. It has 9 BP, too. There's no mistake.

What is Quark's bracelet doing here?
Wait, no, hold on...
If Quark's bracelet is here, then... that means...

Not Quark...

Just because his bracelet's off doesn't mean Quark's dead!

But...

In fact, this could be good news. A ray of hope!

Ray of hope...?

Yeah.
If Quark still had his bracelet on, then he would have ended up like Tenmyouji and Clover.
But he's not wearing it.

You mean the bracelet came off before the doors closed?

Yeah.

That's impossible.
Zero Jr. told us that they only come off when your heart stops, or when you escape.

Maybe he got out, then.

Right, he's got 9 BP...
Wait, so you're saying he escaped, then came back and left his bracelet here?
No, that's impossible too.
Zero Jr. said the number nine door only opens once.
Even if he was able to get outside, he couldn't come back in.

Why do you have to be so pessimistic?!
Have you actually seen Quark dead? Huh?
You need to think positive, Sigma.

Heh...
Really...

*slap!*

[Music cuts out]

Quark is definitely alive!
He has to be... He has to be... I refuse to believe he isn't.
I can't let an innocent kid like that get killed...

VLR OST: [Anxiousness]

Examining their bodies.
Tenmyouji first.

Why?

Clues.

What kind of clues...?

To who might have killed them.
Finding Quark's bracelet tells us something.
If the killer saw it, that would make for an obvious motive.

The killer handcuffed them to the sink to prevent that.

Right. That's my guess at least.

What's wrong?

I can't find anything.

...Huh?

I should have found something.

He sprayed our wrists with luminol.

...And now you can't find it.

Right.

Do you think the killer took it?

I don't know.

Give me a minute.

Look.
See her thigh? Doesn't it look like there's something written there?

Yeah, it does...

I'm sorry... I'll have to move your leg a little bit.

It says "0 1 6".

What does that mean?

Hang on... I feel like I've seen that somewhere...

0 1 6... 0 1 6...
I know I've seen it somewhere...

It's no use... I can't remember.

Don't get my hopes up like that.

She must have written them after she got hit with the Soporil.
There would have been a few minutes before she went all the way under when she could have done something.
I think she probably used those last minutes to tell the rest of us who killed her.

Maybe, but the only people who could have done it are K and Dio.
Assuming it wasn't one of us, I mean...

I mean, I'm not saying he did it, just...

I can't keep up anymore...
Everything here is a goddamn mystery!

Who killed her?

But when would she have done it? And we don't have a good explanation for why she would have wrapped the knife in the handkerchief.

So who could've killed her?

But now we'll never know for sure...

Who killed everyone?!
Was it Zero? Zero Sr.?!
And who the hell is Zero Sr.?!
What the hell does he want?!
Why does this game even exist, and why did they kidnap us and bring us here?!
While we're at it, where is this? When is this?!

I feel like my head's about to explode!

A clue! A hint! C'mon, you've gotta have something!

Huh?

Okay, but... how is that important?

So they could... test for blood?

What would they need to do in order to do that?

They just need to spray the bottle at whatever they want to test.

That's it?

No, wait, you're right...
Luminol reacts with organic compounds and glows, but the glow is really faint...

So...?

And that would mean...?

That would mean...

[Music fades out]

VLR OST: [Strain]

Onward to the only heretofore generally accessible room in this goddamn facility with a functioning lightswitch.

And answers! Onward to breaks in the case!

[Music fades out]

Fedule fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Aug 26, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You are pulling every possible cliffhanger. :allears:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Regy Rusty posted:

You are pulling every possible cliffhanger. :allears:

Well, honestly, what did you expect? [bodies] is a mandatory update stopper regardless of what LP you're writing.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Clearly she was trying to write 11037 on the wall behind her. :v:

Fedule posted:

It says "0 1 6".

Oh, this is just too delicious for words. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
Well, I was thinking in the previous update that Quark actually could have done the handcuff murdering, but I doubt he could pull off an axe and spear kill like that.

Also it makes me suspicious when games present you with things like "016" - I have to assume it's either "dio" mirrored, or "910" upside down.

• Locked thread