Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I'm excited for the mindfuckery to come, because these conclusions seem to be too obvious and simply figured out, although maybe having 999 fresh in my mind is priming me for this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zyla posted:

A couple things on the June/Luna speculation:

The June codename is specifically an English localization thing and her original codename (Murasaki) has nothing to do with any of that.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

whitehelm posted:

It was a joke. I doubt anyone actually thinks the next update will be her pulling out an axe.
It wasn't really a response to the axe as much as it was a response to the comment on character models in general. Clover's is really the only one with this issue thankfully.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Zyla posted:

June and Moon are common rhyming words, and Luna is the diminuative of Lunar, which refers to the Moon.

I don't think this is valid because her codename wasn't June in the Japanese.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zyla posted:

Robot Monk (he is definitely dressed in the clothing of a Buddhist Monk - the clothing is possibly significant, and the "blind monk" is a cliche for sure) could very well be Snake. After all he is paired - and look who he is paired with. Wouldn't that be really hilariously appropriate? We know that Snake had some cybernetics already, it wouldn't be surprising for that tech to be carried forward or expanded upon to a full exoskeleton.

After what they did to Clover, if Snake got shoved in a robot suit, I'm going to be pretty annoyed. But then maybe the mask allows him to see somehow...? :tinfoil: (e:fb)

Stupid outfits aside, this overall visual style with the 3D models is really taking some getting used to. It's just so jarring compared to the expressive 2D sprites of 999. It barely feels like the same setting at all.

Bifauxnen fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 26, 2013

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

The June codename is specifically an English localization thing and her original codename (Murasaki) has nothing to do with any of that.

hrm, I remember reading that but "June" had such significance, it felt like it was on purpose. The doll, after all is what gets her killed, and what saves her life at the same time. And it was named June. It felt like a perfect and appropriate callback and reveal. For it to just be a localization thing is weird to me, although I believe you.

just makes me think June was a plot relevant name. I wonder just how much rooting around the localization did. Because that was pretty genius. I wonder how that final sequence translates in the original japanese.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They....probably called the doll Murasaki in the Japanese? v:v:v I think you're kinda overselling this.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zyla posted:

just makes me think June was a plot relevant name. I wonder just how much rooting around the localization did. Because that was pretty genius. I wonder how that final sequence translates in the original japanese.

Well it WAS a plot-relevant name, just for that game and not this one.

I had forgotten how they named the doll in the original, just that the rationale is completely different.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

They....probably called the doll Murasaki in the Japanese? v:v:v I think you're kinda overselling this.

Yeah probably. But that's the fun of this. :D

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
It always bothered me that Clover is literally Haruhi in this game. It's always weird when a previously unvoiced character gets a voice and it doesn't match your internal reading of her lines, but it's even worse when she sounds exactly like another character from a different piece of media.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zeeco posted:

Which 999 character do you think robot friend is? We can't see him and he has amnesia so he conveniently can't identity himself or anyone else which probably means he's someone we know and voice filtering would stop Clover and Alice from recognizing him.

Also I like his voice, I was expecting him to sound a lot more monotone.

Well, I'm not sure Seven could fit even in a suit that large, so rule him out.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You'd never guess this game was made after Spike and Chunsoft merged would you?

Bifauxnen posted:

After what they did to Clover, if Snake got shoved in a robot suit, I'm going to be pretty annoyed. But then maybe the mask allows him to see somehow...? :tinfoil: (e:fb)

Stupid outfits aside, this overall visual style with the 3D models is really taking some getting used to. It's just so jarring compared to the expressive 2D sprites of 999. It barely feels like the same setting at all.

It does take some getting used to, but it does allow for great sudden mood switches like Phi did in the update where she's all smiley and making a joke before telling Sigma "no, you're an idiot" which end up being less jarring than they are in 999. Overall I like that the characters have a wider range of motion beyond just a few sprites.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, usually proper nouns and special terms in stories like these are in English and it's fine. You see it a lot in stuff like anime or tokusatsu. Most Japanese people know more English than you think.

Although it leads to some unintentional hilarity in the English translations, when phrases that seem really simple in English confuse the characters, simply because they were delivered in English in the Japanese version and a character doesn't know the word in question. There's no real reason to translate the English phrase into any other language in the English version, so they generally make the character confuse the phrase with a near-homonym for a bad pun. It IS meant to be a sign of less than stellar intelligence, but the English translations tend to make the characters affected sound like utter morons rather than just not fluent in a foreign language.

And I know talking about enjoying speculation is off-topic, but I feel compelled to point out that this presentation adds a bit of mystique above actually playing the game because the answers to quite a few of the questions (particularly the mechanics of the Nonary Game: Ambidex Edition itself) are discussed in the game's manual. Another place to be wary of spoilers, perhaps, if it means that much to you.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
I probably would have gone for Gratuitous Latin™ or so to replace the Japanese version's Gratuitous English™, personally. (Or Gratuitous <insert item="language"/>™.)

Blackajack
Aug 5, 2012

Ottakringer Helles

I have a horrible feeling that pretty much any theories at this point of who the masked guy is is going to be horribly wrong, just because I'm expecting the reveal to be one of the biggest mindfucks of the game for some reason.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
I don't know why everyone assumed immediately that he was a man in a mask and not, say, a robot. When I first saw him leap ten feet into the air out of a sealed vault carrying a grown woman, I would have basically assumed he was an android. I guess it isn't very plausible in hindsight though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Spretznaz posted:

I have a horrible feeling that pretty much any theories at this point of who the masked guy is is going to be horribly wrong, just because I'm expecting the reveal to be one of the biggest mindfucks of the game for some reason.

I'm assuming this too, why else would they not just give the guy amnesia but completely conceal his appearance from us on top of that? It's got to be some giant loving bomb of a reveal.

My first guess was Snake, but then why would they conceal him but not Clover? To make sure they don't even recognize each other and can't work together? If it's not Snake, my next guess is someone else who's a recognizable returning character from 999. What if it's Ace? ...he sounds too chill to be Ace, though. He also looks a bit too big to be Santa or Junpei, but that might just be the suit, or Clover looking scrawny in comparison.

Or of course, if that mask alters their voice, we don't actually know for sure if it's a man or woman in there. Isn't that just how we started off with Zero in the mask?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

RentCavalier posted:

I don't know why everyone assumed immediately that he was a man in a mask and not, say, a robot. When I first saw him leap ten feet into the air out of a sealed vault carrying a grown woman, I would have basically assumed he was an android. I guess it isn't very plausible in hindsight though.

Given the twists and the final scene of the previous game, there doesn't actually appear to be any limits to what is plausible (a bad thing). The robot guy could be Wyatt Earp pulled through time and transplanted into a robot body for all we know.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Putting my bets on Nijisaki. Because morphogenetic fields. Somehow. :colbert:

In all seriousness, I'm not going to speculate anything because I'm terrible at that sort of thing, but I will submit that I really like Travis Willingham's reads here. He just sounds like the chillest creepy armor dude...and I have to admit, he sounds pretty much exactly how I imagined Snake would sound.

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!
Well I think he's just straight up a robot, programmed to think he's a human who's lost his memories.

I mean, do we have any proof there's somebody underneath all that metal?

Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
I'm hoping it's Snake just for the opportunity for a fakeout plot twist where his left arm comes off and it's all robotics and everyone including himself is convinced he's a robot.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zeeco posted:

I'm hoping it's Snake just for the opportunity for a fakeout plot twist where his left arm comes off and it's all robotics and everyone including himself is convinced he's a robot.

"What do you mean "blue numbers?" You guys can SEE things?"

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Aerdan posted:

I probably would have gone for Gratuitous Latin™ or so to replace the Japanese version's Gratuitous English™, personally. (Or Gratuitous <insert item="language"/>™.)

I think most of the cases on "English" being used is not particularly gratuitous.

Japanese, as a language, is heavily reliant on loan words, both from English (and other western language) and from Chinese. The Chinese parts of the language were borrowed so long ago that they're transformed enough to be almost unrecognizable as such by now, but I consider even the English words to be actual words in the Japanese language, that happen to have a western etymology. To pick a really nice example from right over here - the word "geemu" ("game") has no real "pure" Japanese counterpart that means exactly the same thing, and it's used in real life as often as it's used in English. That word kept roughly the same original meaning, but then you also have your "road shows" and "cunning" and "my cars" and hundreds of other examples of common Japanese words that are already transformed to mean something fairly different from their usual English meaning.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Given the twists and the final scene of the previous game, there doesn't actually appear to be any limits to what is plausible (a bad thing). The robot guy could be Wyatt Earp pulled through time and transplanted into a robot body for all we know.

I'm betting that the masked guy is Monobear in a nice robot suit.

See, fedule is the LPer for this game and orenronen is responding and- :downs::hf::tinfoil:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Other possible messages:

Mommy licked gent, woo!
We tickled mommy, goon.
Typical risqué humor for these games.

Demotic gem monk yowl
Alice, being from Egypt, naturally has a gem with some Demotic writing on it. It's going to make the robot monk scream.

Cloned my mig mew took.
The Russian fighter was stolen by a cat, but I duplicated it.

Toking model emmy? Cow.
Marijuana causes the camera to add ten pounds.

Monkey glowed, commit.
Luminescent simians will be institutionalized.

Gloomy wicked moment
Why Zero III started this game.

From a little while back:

Bruceski posted:

There's probably some obvious reason I'm missing, but why wouldn't counselors want kids to know their real name?

Because if they have your True Name then they have all power over you!

I suppose that's not quite the sole reason. Most camps that do it probably just do it out of tradition, but if pressed for a sociological explanation I'd say it's to reinforce the idea of camp as a place away from 'normal' society. Having a distinctive, often silly name that is clearly not the name used in the outside world is yet another way to do that. Although in other circumstances kids and adults will play the same game (if they know your first name, they'll ask your last; if they know your last name, they'll ask your first).

In the comment I just wanted to put in brief that there was reason for the 'code name' to be harder to guess, even if it's only for fun.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

This entire update consists of Zero III talking about this and that. Consider every audio link highly recommended. Listen in or miss out.

VLR OST: [Eeriness]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

Where are you, you little bastard!? Too scared to come out and face me like a man?!

Are you an idiot?
I'm a rabbit. You really think a talking rabbit is a real thing?

Of course I don't.
You're some kind of CG rabbit or something, probably.
That's not what I meant, though!

I guess God touched this one a little too hard.

What?!

Weren't you listening to Phido? She's clever, you know.

Wait...
Then... you're saying...
Zero is one of us?

Well, yes, I guess that's one way to put it.

You're responding to our questions and stuff right now.
That means you're not just, like, a video somebody made.
Wouldn't that mean that Zero would have to be controlling you and sending you answers right now?

Because it doesn't look like anyone's doing that...

Well of course they aren't.
I'm an AI.

What?!

I'm an artifical intelligence powered by a quantum computer.
Zero is the one who built me, of course.
So I guess that makes one of you my parent!

He he he...

Now, with that said, I guess I should probably tell you that I'm not the one who brought you here.

I mean, obviously. I don't even have a body...

I'm just the... facilitator for this facility. I just do what I'm told to do!

And what do you... facilitate?

Didn't I say? The game, of course!

Oh, the... Nonary Game, Ambidex Edition...?

(There she goes again... she knows something.)

"Nonary" refers to a base-9 numeral system, but can also mean something that is, in some way, related to the number nine.
"Nona" can be used a prefix as well, where it means essentially the same thing.

Therefore it stands to reason that the "Nonary Game" is a game that deals with the number nine in some way.

Exactly. Nine is a very, very, important number in this game.

Goal?

Yes, goal! You see that door in front of you?

If you can open the door with a nine on it... you can escape.

Wh-What do we have to do to open it?

Yes yes yes. Let me explain.

You see the bracelet? Of course you do.
Now tell me Phido, what number is on yours?

What about the rest of you?

They're all the same. We've all got 3s.

Exactly. I'm going to call those numbers "Bracelet Points"! If you're feeling lazy, you can just call them "BP".

That's how you'll get out.
Anyone with greater-than-or-equal-to 9 BP can pull that lever and the door will open.

There are three rules you carrot forget!

When your time is up, it'll close automatically! So be careful.

Once that hoppens, it's allll over. It'll close for good after 9 seconds, so if you're not careful you could get stuck.

You're thinking, "Oh ho... If my BP is too low, then I'll just have someone with enough BP open the door... and I'll just slip through when it's open..."

If you think you can be sneaky, well...

Well what?

All you need to know is that anybunny who tries to sneak out gets hit with a biiiig penalty.

And what the hell does that mean!?

Um...

Yeeeeeees?

Why did you start making... rabbit... puns?

Um... well... um... 'cause I felt like it?

I thought it might make me sound cute...

You still haven't told us what we need to know most.
How do we get BP?

If you like abbreviations, you can always call it the AB Room instead.

You mean those, uh...
Elevators?

So how do we go about using them?

How else do you use a room? You go in.

You mean through those hatches?

No. I had a hutch you might try that, so I closed those up tight while you were talking.
So don't be hatching any hatch plans, you understand?

I live in the master computer.
That means all the electronic doors in this whooooole warren are under my control.

We tried the doors on the front. They're all locked.

All you've got to do is slide a card through, and there you go.

Well, we don't got 'em, and there weren't any in the warehouse...

Oh, well, no, of course there wouldn't be any there.

Then where are they?

Chromatic Doors?

Right hare! You see the three pretty doors just to your right?

Huh? Hold on...
I thought those doors were locked.

Quirk.

What?

You see those buttons on the sides of your watch? Can you press them at the same time?

Why?

To make little boys ask questions. Just press them, please.
In fact, why doesn't everybunny press their buttons as well!

The two digits on the left show hours, and the two on the right show minutes.

Does that mean it's 12:10 in the morning?

No.

It's gone from 10 minutes to 9.

So... that would mean this must be counting down to something, right?

Correct. I don't even need to explain the rest, do I?

I'm guessing this is the time until the Chromatic Doors unlock?

Hmph.

In 9 minutes the Chromatic Doors will open automatically.

However!
Just like the number nine door, they won't stay open forever.
You have 5 minutes. Once your time is up, the doors will close no matter what, so I hop you've gone through by then!
That's just the primary door...

...What?

Unfortunately, the secondary Chromatic Door on the other side is locked too.

Couldn't make it easy for us, could you?

Of course you'll all have to split up.

Split up?

Yep!

Because you're the only person who hasn't talked to me.

I try to communicate with as many people as I can.
It helps me improve, you see. I'm trying to get into the rabbit of doing it all the time.

Now, answer my questions. Do you know what the three primary colors are? Well?

Y-You mean red, green, and blue?
You're supposed to be able to make any color by mixing them, right?

So which colors would you mix to get magenta?

How about yellow?

What if you wanted cyan?

Now take another look at the nice bracelets you're all wearing. Notice how they come in three vibrant colors?

The red and blue bracelets can open the secondary magenta door together.

Green and red can open the yellow one...

And blue and green can open the cyan door.
I miss anything?

There is one other little thing, though.

You're talking about what happens if you've got two of the same color, right?

Yep. What do you think happens?

How the hell would I know?

If you want to open a door but all you've got is one color, then you can use that to open a door with the complementary color to the one you've got.

Hm... I see.
So if you've got red and red, then you can open the cyan door.
Blue and blue can open the yellow door.
...And green and green can open the magenta door.

Looks like your brain hasn't rotted away yet, Tenmyoldy!

Just what the hell's that supposed to mean?

It means exactly what it says! I was trying to complement you, you know.

Ah well. Let's continue, shall we?

That means there's two types of players too! Pairs and solos.
In this game, the two members of a pair are considered to be a single entity, which means they share the saaame destiny.
Isn't that a good deal? I mean, you get two for the price of one! Unfortunately, it also means they carrot split up. Aww...

Both members of a pair have to go through the same Chromatic Door.

I mean, why would they? They're forever alone. But that means that they can go whereeeever they want! Yaaay!

We'll start with you, Siggy.
What color is your bracelet?

Are you a pair, or a solo?

I'm a pair.

Phido is next! Tell us about your bracelet.

What about you, Alas?

B.O.? Quirk?

Moony! Cleaver! Tenmyoldy! All at once!

And finally...

I'm... uh... Let's see...

I'm not lying.
This was just a... how do I put it... a flash of insight, I suppose. I saw the letter K..

So? What does "K" have to do with anything?

I wish I knew. Sadly, I have no idea. Does it mean anything to you?

...rear end in a top hat.

Now, ah... K... Can I call you that?

Yes.

I'm guessing your bracelet is the same as Clover's.

That's right.

And the text is green.

Now, lettuce return to the subject at hand...

How do you open the secondary door?

Well, Phi and I can't split up since we're part of the same pair.

Or you could work with Mr. Dio and me.
We're blue too...

Oh celerysticks, I forgot to tell you.
You have to have exactly three people in your group to open the secondary door.
That means you can't have two people, or four people, or, well, anything other than three really.

Then our only choice is to pair up with Luna.

Pretty much.
Aaaand I guess I should probably tell you that the secondary door won't open until the primary door closes.

We didn't want a fourth or fifth person just running in at the last minute like "AAAAAAAAH WAIT FOR ME" when the right people open the door.
But if the primary door closes first, then that's impossible! You see? It all makes sense.

Anywho...
Might have run a hare too long in my explanation, but now I'm aaaaalll done.

Any questions?

Fedule fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 12, 2014

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I am absolutely wowed by Zero III. This is spectacular.

Exactly three per group really narrows down our options, though. Unless the game's gonna swap people's Pair/Solo status around later, we have no way of going into a door with Clover and K, or Dio and Quark.

theshim fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 27, 2013

Elite
Oct 30, 2010

njsykora posted:

You'd never guess this game was made after Spike and Chunsoft merged would you?

If that wasn't obvious from the start, it's very clear after that barrage of rabbit puns.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Yea, I have a question. What does the rabbit mean by "primary doors", and where are they?

Was Clover abducted on her way to a costume party where she was dressed up as Pebbles Flintstone?

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Yea, I have a question. What does the rabbit mean by "primary doors", and where are they?

Was Clover abducted on her way to a costume party where she was dressed up as Pebbles Flintstone?

Who knows about Clover, she might just be weird like that.

RefinedUndefined fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 27, 2013

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

This is a tad unclear, and will be made clear later, but I'll clarify it now anyway.

The Chromatic Doors are basically like airlocks. The "primary" door is the one nearest the group. The "secondary" door leads out, further into... wherever we are. Primary door opens, group goes in, primary door closes, [verification], secondary door opens.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well, that's one way to get everyone at each other's throats early. Put a first one with 9 can ditch everyone else clause in.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

With all these rabbits puns, I now understand the title of the LP.

I don't really want to understand the title of the LP anymore.

Also couldn't they also do 3 reds, 3 blues, and 3 greens, and go through the complimentary color doors?

EDIT: Oh, Zero III was asking specifically about the magenta door. I can't read. :downs:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 16:46 on May 27, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

legoman727 posted:

Well, that's one way to get everyone at each other's throats early. Put a first one with 9 can ditch everyone else clause in.

Ah yes, seems like you're ahared of the game!

:suicide:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if the colors change with the numbers to allow for varying groups. It might even be the meta-puzzle of this game (getting everyone to 9 by changing colors in the right pattern). After all if the BP can change the other data might well change too.

And I would not be at all surprised if color blindness plays a role somehow. Tenmyouji went last in calling out, and it was obvious what his color had to be, so he's a good candidate. As is K. I just hope it doesn't cause him to turn evil. "I just wanted to see the colors!"

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Oh my. Zero is fantastic. :allears:

So either we're stuck with Phi the whole game (which is not a horrible prospect, she's pretty awesome) and can never spend time with Dio, Quark, Clover, or K ... or, more likely so as not to exclude half the cast, either a. color and/or b. pair/solo status is flexible.

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Color Printer posted:

Also couldn't they also do 3 reds, 3 blues, and 3 greens, and go through the complimentary color doors?

Yep, we could go with any of the solos right now.

Each door has a pair, huh? And the second quote means that definitely applies to doors other than the Chromatic ones. Sounds like there'll be two 9-doors again.

Anyway, I guess the bracelet numbers are only relevant to the exit this time. The question still remains, how exactly do BP work? There are only six Ambidex Rooms; if they gave 1 BP each, one person would have to get all the keycards to get to 9, which seems unlikely. Do they give more, or is there some way to transfer points (and if so, can it be done unwillingly)?

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
Quote != edit.

Zandar fucked around with this message at 16:50 on May 27, 2013

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zandar posted:

Anyway, I guess the bracelet numbers are only relevant to the exit this time. The question still remains, how exactly do BP work? There are only six Ambidex Rooms; if they gave 1 BP each, one person would have to get all the keycards to get to 9, which seems unlikely. Do they give more, or is there some way to transfer points (and if so, can it be done unwillingly)?

This will be explained in full when the time comes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

This will be explained in full when the time comes.

Oh, I wasn't expecting anyone to answer those questions, I'm just speculating. It's interesting to me because the exact mechanics will have implications on how characters will be interacting. If it's just "keycard = x BP", the contest will revolve around possession of the cards, which mirrors 999 to some extent and may mean more physical conflict. If there's some sort of points transfer involved, it opens up more possibilities for alliances; for one thing, it makes it more likely that multiple people could get 9 BP, and there doesn't seem to be a rule against those people all leaving at the same time. That could lead to a more Liar Game-style psychological conflict, where victory depends on recruiting others to your cause.

I think the latter case is more likely, not least because it's just more interesting that way. I'm guessing it won't be revealed until someone actually finds a card, though, so there's plenty of time for murders based on false assumptions.

• Locked thread