Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Fedule posted:

Yeah, it did.

There's a line missing here, going by the audio:
Phi- "Was there any of that Axelavir?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

He couldn't be more eager to kill Sigma if he tried.

In any case, we've learned more about Radical-6, and Sigma and Phi are also becoming closer as partners.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

:ohdear: Uh-oh... she's going off to check on something. I hope she won't end up like the old lady.
What if she's actually a robot clone of the old lady?

And Sigma is robot Ten. Ten himself has been told to not interfere because of reasons, which he probably did because of the same people who made him bring in Quark.

Wait, didn't I already predict something like that? Or at least someone did.

kvltmanifesto
Oct 10, 2012

Added Space posted:

Who's to say that everyone isn't infected? If they were all processing at the same speed, who would notice? It would also explain why the countdown timers seem so ridiculously fast.

If that's the case what happened to Quark and Sigma last timeline? Radical-7?

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

kvltmanifesto posted:

If that's the case what happened to Quark and Sigma last timeline? Radical-7?

Super-radical six. One-sixth to the one-sixth power. Isn't nature beautiful when it's mathematical?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If someone with Radical-6 got infected again would it just be called 6?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Bruceski posted:

The square root of root 6 = 1.57, not 6.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Bruceski posted:

They start dreaming.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Wow that's probably the most Zero Escape disease imaginable.

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

Sure, sure, the cats are getting fat off of the rats that are eating the corpses. It's not like domestic cats commonly eat parts of their late owners' faces or anything. Or maybe the food chain has something to do with the way Radical-6 spreads-- like, maybe cats can get it but rodents and birds can't. Maybe Zero III really is a rabbit. :tinfoil:

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

quote:

Page 216

Well that sure is subtle.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
If Phi can translate all that on the fly I have to wonder how technical or complicated the rest of the entries must have been.

Also:

I think we should introduce Phi to the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'd love to see a Zero Escape/Dangan Ronpa crossover. I'm not sure how it'd work, but I'd love to see it.

Then again, having Monobear, Zero III, and Sigma in one game might cause the game to collapse into a pun singularity.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Then again, having Monobear, Zero III, and Sigma in one game might cause the game to collapse into a pun singularity.

No sir. Those hare-raising puns of yours are kuma-pletely purrohibited.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kay Kessler posted:

Well that sure is subtle.

I don't get it. Is it a reference to something?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
2 + 1 + 6 = 9 :ssh:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Dragonatrix posted:

2 + 1 + 6 = 9 :ssh:

Hell, if we're playing with numerology, maybe it's a message to a certain group? We've already seen 1BP and 6BP at this point, and someone can get 2BP with an initial ally-ally (3+2) then an ally-betray (5-3)... If it was written psychically from the future or something like that, maybe there's a coded message to a group that would recognize it by their BP.

Has there been a path where there was a group like that? Maybe the book/page would mean something deeper in that timeline

:tinfoil:

E: Scratch the above, I just realized my numbers were off since a -3 for ally-betray could kill someone in the first round. Could happen by the third round, though; ally-betray for 3-2, betray-ally for 1+3, ally-betray for 4-2

E2 to not clog up tons of posts: 216 assigned to letters could also be "BAF" - maybe the writer was a 60s-era Batman fan? Some days you just can't get rid of a deadly virus?

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 24, 2013

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sentient Data posted:

Hell, if we're playing with numerology, maybe it's a message to a certain group? We've already seen 1BP and 6BP at this point, and someone can get 2BP with an initial ally-ally (3+2) then an ally-betray (5-3)... If it was written psychically from the future or something like that, maybe there's a coded message to a group that would recognize it by their BP.

Has there been a path where there was a group like that? Maybe the book/page would mean something deeper in that timeline

:tinfoil:

E: Scratch the above, I just realized my numbers were off since a -3 for ally-betray could kill someone in the first round. Leads to a different question, though; possible for someone to have 2BP?

Rather than playing with numerology, it's more that we've been trained to instinctively take the digital root of everything.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I thought this was a common enough cliche that I didn't think I would need to elaborate, but I was referring to how 216 is 6 to the third power, In other words, 666.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Kay Kessler posted:

I thought this was a common enough cliche that I didn't think I would need to elaborate, but I was referring to how 216 is 6 to the third power, In other words, 666.

And vertically mirrored it looks like "SIg[ma!]", or turned 180 degrees it can look like "gis" (something you shouldn't do if you want to avoid spoilers), or in hex it's "D8" (Dio will have 8 points - he'll ally-ally!) or in binary it's "11011000" which could probably be turned into a 9/11 prophecy, or turned into ASCII it could be "Ï" which in san-serif could be a dick joke, or it can be represented as the prime factors of 2*2*2*3*3*3 which could be interpreted as 2 groups of 3 equals working together or [etc]

:spergin:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Exactly how big is that vial of Axelavir? I though it was pretty huge but Dio seems to be concealing it just fine.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Glazius posted:

Exactly how big is that vial of Axelavir? I though it was pretty huge but Dio seems to be concealing it just fine.

Tiny. If I can recall vials I've seen IRL it's something like 1-2 inches tall. It's a single dose of the medicine.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

Much harder than I thought to find an image of a small glass vial with size references beyond just other bottles. Like I said earlier, it probably only has a few ml of a dosage in it (10 at most). I think there will be a different in-game size reference that will help it make more sense, but in the meantime this shot I grabbed (apparently from etsy) should help you get a better idea of how large it is and why the safe image annoyed me when I saw it the second time around.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just finished catching up with this thread and finished reading the 999 LP earlier.

One thought I've had on my mind this whole time is: Is it just me or does this whole 3rd Nonary Game give me weird Metal Gear Solid 2 vibes? As in, this whole thing is some weird meta-VR simulation of the previous Nonary Game to do... Something. However, this Zero Sr. doesn't really "get" the point of the second Nonary game and is using this one to fulfill some sadistic mind game in pushing peoples' buttons until they devolve into murdering each other or committing suicide. In other words, I think this Zero Sr. is basically an amateur psychotic grabbing at coattails once he (she?) discovered the existence of the previous games. That, or this game is meant to filter out the people with Radical-6 antibodies - ie, survival of the fittest (re: Sigma's observation in the last game about Species A and B).

The characters in this Nonary Game seem to match up really well with the participants in the second Nonary Game (e.g. Dio's foul language and snark :: Santa or Lotus; Luna's sweet demeanor :: June; K :: Snake or Seven; unknown dead woman :: 9th man who dies immediately).

Something is awfully suspicious about all of this. I smell a rat for sure.

Also, definitely planning on buying a Nintendo 3DS and this game by the end of November! :D

[e]: Another thing: the fact that Zero/Akane had a common connection to everyone was an integral piece in the puzzle in bringing everything together and solving the mystery in 999. The developer most likely knows that previous players of 999 might be expecting this twist, so the inversion would be that this Zero Sr. actually has nothing to do with the current participants other than to fulfill a sick murder-game psychological experiment while there's nothing else to do due to the apocalypse on-going outside this bunker a la GlaDOS, so why not re-run the same game over a few million times to pass the time and have some fun? I honestly think any repeat plot devices from 999 are actually red herrings, hence the meta-VR element.

[e2]: To point an example: in the previous game, Lotus was a red herring for being Zero due to how easily and willing she was to gently caress other people over to make sure at least a handful of people survived (re: the hospital bed scene in one of the story paths). She's practically asking to be labeled the murderer, but she actually is innocent.

Now we expect the same with Dio. Surprise! He actually is a scummy rear end in a top hat undermining everyone else to save his own skin!

So, I would automatically distrust any parallels with 999 as immediate red herrings.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 27, 2013

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Glazius posted:

Keep in mind Dio's outfit includes a long coat with (presumably) deep pockets, too.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Podima posted:

Keep in mind Dio's outfit includes a long coat with (presumably) deep pockets, too.

Wrong. He's hiding it under his hat.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Whew! Sorry for the delay; I was working on an update but I had to HOLD IT due to distractions. I know you guys shouldn't have to TAKE THAT from me but I trust there's no OBJECTION.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

VLR OST: [Placidity]

Listen in: [English/Japanese]

He seems to be stable, as far as I can tell.

Still sleeping.

I see...
Mind if I have a look?

Please, go ahead.

"Those infected by Radical-6 eventually develop a powerful urge to commit suicide."

It was so faint, I almost didn't hear it.

[Music fades out]

He shifted a little, then fell silent again.
It was enough, though.

VLR OST: [Confession]

All players please enter your votes.
If no vote is recorded before the deadline has passed, any non-voting parties will automatically ally.

You two should head back.

What about you?

Not going. I'm worried about Quark.

But you're a solo. If you don't vote...

I'll automatically ally. I know.
I heard the voice on the intercom just like you.

What are you going to do if K and Alice vote "betray"?

You know who my opponents are, right? Alice only has 1 BP left.
If I picked "betray" and they chose "ally", I'd kill her.
I'm not so desperate to escape that I'm gonna kill someone for it.
And even if I was, I can't leave Quark behind.

My vote's the same either way.

All right.
Take care of Quark.

VLR OST: [Sinisterness]

Take a look at the doors.

When we came in here before, the one on the far right was open.

And that would mean...?

That he went in, I guess.

Exactly.

Oh, um...

Luna explained Tenmyouji's choice.

Right.
What will you guys be choosing then.

"Ally", of course. I... um...

Yes.
As long as Tenmyouji votes "ally", I can't choose "betray".
If I do, K's BP will go up to 9.

B-But what if he... forces you?

Ha ha ha. You needn't worry.
I would never do something so crass.

Really?

Of course.

...Excuse me?

Alice can vote by herself.
Then we don't have anything to worry about, right?

I apologize, but I'm afraid I can't agree to that.

Why not?

I just can't.
Shall we go, Alice?

Well, there's nothing we can do now. If K told us the truth, she'll be fine.

[Music fades out]

Time's almost up. Come on, Luna.

R-Right!

O-Okay. Right behind you!

VLR OST: [Ambidexterity]

[Music fades out]

I don't really have a choice, do I? There's only one thing I can do.
I'm going to choose "ally".

VLR OST: [Confession]

Well, you never know.
Just because Dio told us to ally doesn't necessarily mean he's going to pick "betray".

Do you really think a jerk like that is going to choose "ally" if he doesn't have to?!
No! No way!

He's got 6 BP right now!
If he picks "betray", then he'll have 9 points!

Well, what about you?

Huh?

If Dio chose "ally" and we chose "betray", then you'd have 9 BP.

I'm just trying to tell you that Dio is going to pick "betray"! That's who he is!

And I'm trying to tell you that I've made up my mind.

It's the only chance we have to get that medicine back.

What makes you think he's going to give us the Axelavir even if you do what he says?!

Maybe he won't, but I can guarantee that he'll destroy it if I pick "betray".
That's who he is.

I'll be pushing that button.

Huh...?

I snatched her by the arm and hauled backward with all my strength.

S-Sorry... Guess that was a little too hard, huh...

Hey! What do you think you're doing?!
You can't just throw a girl around like that!

Well, you're the one who tried to trick me...

B-But I...! I...!
You're gonna die!

Dio's going to kill you!
You can't do this!

Thanks...
It means a lot to hear you say that, Clover.

Vote here.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

Fedule posted:

Whew! Sorry for the delay; I was working on an update but I had to HOLD IT due to distractions. I know you guys shouldn't have to TAKE THAT from me but I trust there's no OBJECTION.

I hate you so much. And your wabbit.
So, so much. (Actually I heart you man, glad to see you're playing something totally Awesome!)
Okay time to vote. What's gonna happen.... well, we could ally and die (possibly)
or we could betray and have Quark die(possibly).

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
I gotta see how the game reconciles Sigma forcing his way past Clover to stop her hitting Betray with him suddenly deciding "ahh gently caress it" and hitting it himself.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
We should clearly punish Clover for her bad puns and just Ally.

Besides, Quark is probably the only character that might never Betray us since him going unconscious seems to be a constant after the first round. We might as well save his life.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The contrast between Tenmyouji and K is wonderfully stark. I really am wondering what K's deal is.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Dio's enough of a bastard to just take the cure and run. I think we need more folks to get on the betray train before Dio literally gets away with this extortion. IIRC, if he does betray, he'll have enough BP to get out of Dodge. Screw him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Confession is a really great song. It really fits the mood of this scene and makes it even more tense than it already was.

And so much for telling Tenmyouji that Dio has the Axelavir. By the time he even finds out, Sigma could be dead long before then.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 29, 2013

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Confession is a really great song. It really fits the mood of this scene and makes it even more tense than it already was.
Oh wow. I didn't have a chance to listen to the music as I first read the update, but going back, that matches up pretty drat well against Morphogenetic Sorrow and magnifies the gravity of this scene hard. I really like Confession.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Why the hell are people picking Ally? That's clearly a quick death path. I'd rather keep going on any path that goes forward, rather than ends in death. I also want to see what happens if we call Dio's bluff. There is literally no reason to vote Ally beyond naive hope. If we don't enable Dio's escape, he's still stuck with us, and he can't well destroy his only leverage. Do you want to see a Game Over scene that badly?

Robust Laser
Oct 13, 2012

Dance, Spaceman, Dance!

Spatula City posted:

Why the hell are people picking Ally? That's clearly a quick death path. I'd rather keep going on any path that goes forward, rather than ends in death. I also want to see what happens if we call Dio's bluff. There is literally no reason to vote Ally beyond naive hope. If we don't enable Dio's escape, he's still stuck with us, and he can't well destroy his only leverage. Do you want to see a Game Over scene that badly?

If we game over, there's no reason we can't then say 'ha ha that happened okay now can we see what we should have done?'

Really, the most likely to game over path makes the most sense, because if that happens, then it's the quickest way to see the most content from this section.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
It makes sense for Sigma to pick Ally, honestly. And if it does lead to a death route we can just rewind a little and pick betray, if we want.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

Spatula City posted:

Yes, yes we do want to see a Game Over scene that badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Spatula City posted:

Because it looks like a quick death path. If it is, then we simply go back and pick "Betray". If Dio does the unexpected and hits "Ally", then it will end up being a path that keeps going forward like you want.

• Locked thread