Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
My favorite image in the game is coming up next!

e: Nice I did it, new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i cant wait to find out that zero is actually the bad guy the whole time

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
This puzzle is going to be MURDER if the previous scene here tells us anything

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

sigma dies

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I've gotten to the end, and it's still updating. Woo, I get to join the speculation train!

Also, did I miss out, or did they explain where Zero Sr's holograph machine came from? did we miss a puzzle/switch?

Side-note: I've done one of those Escape the Room games before, they're pretty fun and if you like weird puzzles like in this game I'd highly suggest drugging convincing your friends and taking them with you!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RedMagus posted:

Side-note: I've done one of those Escape the Room games before, they're pretty fun and if you like weird puzzles like in this game I'd highly suggest drugging convincing your friends and taking them with you!

The science museum by me is having a convention end of this month where there's gonna be an escape game in their submarine! Makes me wish I weren't tall. And fat, but even were I thin I'd be too tall to move around in there.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

RedMagus posted:

Also, did I miss out, or did they explain where Zero Sr's holograph machine came from? did we miss a puzzle/switch?

It was likely set up to activate when the room was completed and someone got close to it. There wasn't an extra switch to turn it on.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

During the room sequence in there Sigma comments that it looks like a weird roomba but doesn't seem to have any way to turn it on. It's probably hooked up to the network Zero Jr. is on so it could be turned on at any point when desired.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Fedule posted:

Oh believe me, the stagnation is entirely my own doing. It's not even the branching for the most part; it's the anticipation of the dreaded escape room writeups. But we've only got a couple more of those left. One of which I'm actually going to enjoy a lot.

Besides, I want to keep this thing up, for whatever it is it's worth.

How many more escape room sequences do we have, exactly?

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

death .cab for qt posted:

How many more escape room sequences do we have, exactly?

Is it okay if I answer this? Just in case, I'll spoiler it, and delete it if the answer is a hard 'no'.
EDIT: Deleted it now that it was seen by the asker.

Blinus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 12, 2016

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yikes. Do you plan on buffering these out at all, Fedule?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, you guys were right about the iOS version of 999 being an abridged game. Many of the novel sections are still the same, but it's more along the lines of "And then they solved the room puzzle." Not to mention I didn't know there was an extra ending in that game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

HR12345 posted:

Okay, you guys were right about the iOS version of 999 being an abridged game. Many of the novel sections are still the same, but it's more along the lines of "And then they solved the room puzzle." Not to mention I didn't know there was an extra ending in that game.

Wait, what?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

It's an extra bad ending, nothing more

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ometeotl posted:

Wait, what?

It's just a variation of the Axe Ending if you choose Door 3. Clover injects Junpei with soporil and drowns him, thinking he killed Snake.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It's just a variation of the Axe Ending if you choose Door 3. Clover injects Junpei with soporil and drowns him, thinking he killed Snake.

So wait, does the end come after door 3 but without advancing to door 2? So you only do either door 4 or 5 first, and then 3 second, and then death?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blinus posted:

So wait, does the end come after door 3 but without advancing to door 2? So you only do either door 4 or 5 first, and then 3 second, and then death?

It seems that way.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Phi rules.

Blinus
Dec 20, 2008
There's a movement to get the Zero Escape themed escape room game in other locations besides L.A., thought it could use some exposure here. Here's the link to the Reddit post. https://www.reddit.com/r/ZeroEscape/comments/4htav9/hey_ze_fans_particularly_those_on_the_east_coast/

Potusandrew
May 29, 2013
I hope that this is the K route, I've been waiting for it ever since we last were in this room and figured out that the key was to his armor. He is one of the more mysterious ones and besides Luna the only one we know nothing about.

Also, I kind of wish that there was an ending where Sigma goes crazy and kills the others. I think it would interesting to see something like that happening from our character's point of view.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm caught up again! :toot:

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
I was watching a video of this game being played and yikes, the walking through corridor animation is really slow , I didn't really appreciate that in screenshot form

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Old Man Mozz posted:

I was watching a video of this game being played and yikes, the walking through corridor animation is really slow , I didn't really appreciate that in screenshot form

It's pretty slow, but it didn't really bother me when I was actually playing the game. Relative to the time the actual content around it takes to get though, it doesn't actually take long. If VLR's other scenes were shorter it would be much more egregious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Old Man Mozz posted:

You will see that animation so many times when you play the game. :shepicide:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
So, which do you think will happen first; Zero Escape III is released or Fredule will update this LP?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

A more interesting bet would be if he finishes this LP before an LP of Zero Time Dilemma is made and finished. :v:

The Watercrown
Feb 10, 2014

We Shall Become Gods

We Shall Become Gods

WE SHALL ALL DIE AND BECOME AS GODS
Considering the behaviour of some Youtube LPers, I'm pretty sure there's no difference between "Release day" and "First LP is completed"

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Depends on how long a playthrough takes

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
VLR is on sale at the 3DS eshop for $12.99 until 6/21 (US only from what I hear).

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

whitehelm posted:

VLR is on sale at the 3DS eshop for $12.99 until 6/21 (US only from what I hear).

I bought it and binged through it. Now I'm going to :stare: for a bit and then join the others in the Zero Escape III thread if it's still alive.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Casull posted:

I bought it and binged through it. Now I'm going to :stare: for a bit and then join the others in the Zero Escape III thread if it's still alive.

It's Schrodinger's thread. It is nether alive or dead until you observe it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I don't know if Fedule's ever going to return. I don't know if he'd be inclined to do Zero Time Dilemma at some point after that. But I know one thing for sure:
ZTD's gimmick would make it one HELL of a tough game to LP coherently, and I'm only maybe 10% through it.

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

I don't know if Fedule's ever going to return. I don't know if he'd be inclined to do Zero Time Dilemma at some point after that. But I know one thing for sure:
ZTD's gimmick would make it one HELL of a tough game to LP coherently, and I'm only maybe 10% through it.

You're not even remotely kidding.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Remember though

Fedule posted:

I will never let this thread die! Languish a bit, maybe, die, never.

I would like to insist at this point, however, that there be absolutely no further discussion of Zero Time Dilemma from here on out, please.

Still, I do love the fact that the sequel got announced, produced and released before this LP reached its conclusion. :v:

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jun 30, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Man, I completely forgot that it's out, I need to get my hands on it. Side note - if that 10% came from an indicator in the game, I really hope that it's lying to you one way or the other. I loved being surprised by the amount of completion in VLR, so here's hoping they did it again. To be clear, no, I don't want any details about if you think the progress you mentioned is accurate or even how it was indicated if you got that number from the game

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I don't to play the new one until either i finish watching this lp or manage to play it but that's unlikely unless they do a VLR steam release

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're heavily hinting a Steam release of 999 so it may yet happen.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I'm trying to remember, has it been decided which version of VLR is the better one; Vita or 3DS? I have both systems and would like to pick this up. Wasn't one version a little bit glitchier than the other or something?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
3DS version is prone to crashing if you save in a couple rooms (which can destroy your save entirely if you're not careful) and only has one save slot compared to the Vita's three, but plays a bit better due to the dual-screen interface and being able to see the puzzle and your notes at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Vita version also displays in HD while the 3DS version has pretty okay 3D.

• Locked thread