Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is an interesting game to look at, knowing how the patterns cropped up in 999. We haven't had any STRANGE TALES OF PHILOSOPHY make interesting chains into each other yet, but I'm wondering if anything that we found so far could chain into the Chinese Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Now I'm really curious about the kind of door situation we've gotten ourselves into here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, we come out of the final puzzle room not really knowing anything about anything, having only each other to talk to, but the strictures of the game mean we can all probably escape, unless Quark slipped out without us noticing.

I wonder how we're going to die.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Even if Snake's not here, Clover was close to Alice so she may just be going axe-crazy again.

...now I'm thinking there's going to be a wrinkle and Alice isn't really dead right now.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
My money's on Tenmyouji taking Clover down with him. Unless we find evidence that they were drugged or something, it's a lot trickier for one person to force two people to get handcuffed to a thing than it is for one person to force one other person.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
People evolving so they're not bothered by death. Now that's some interesting Strange Tales of Philosophy.

Anyway, I think we'll learn the most if we pick somebody totally different to begin with.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, this is going to be an interesting character to have commenting on us.

Though he seems a bit like Phi: Old Man Version.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
On the other hand, if the injection gun was nabbed and loaded by the first people to pass through the infirmary in the previous pass, that's... Clover, Alice, and K.

That doesn't really help though, does it?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm guessing we didn't see that Alice-and-Clover scene last time around? We should try and hook up with them later on.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. I wonder why we heard this information here and not in the previous route. Alice and Clover were together then too, weren't they? Maybe they found a thing in the new place they went to?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
We didn't even hear anything about Radical-6 in the other timeline did we? I mean, beyond the initial newspaper article. That's weird.

I guess even small things can change, and not really for obvious reasons, between the timelines. Hmm.

...makes me wonder if Radical-6 is behind the other deaths we've seen. People lost all sense of self-preservation and killed themselves.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Junpei's memes are spreading.

I don't think Clover's going axe crazy here; she hasn't lost anyone precious to her yet, unless there's something about the dead lady she's not telling us.

If Alice turns up dead, though? Start watching our backs.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
drat that's a lot of cure.

I wonder what the odds are that we'd just end up finding it like that. I suppose future sessions will answer that question.

Though I suppose this answers the questions of whether Zero knew we had the infected among us.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Exactly how big is that vial of Axelavir? I though it was pretty huge but Dio seems to be concealing it just fine.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder if we could get into the laboratory without Dio. Who would have taken us into it on our first go-round?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'm mostly wondering what happens if we go through the red door with somebody else. We probably don't know Quark needs the Axelavir, but at least we have it without somebody bein' a dick about it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to whatever odd setup a new branch has for us. Maybe we can figure out why K wants to get out so badly?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, Alice seems helpful, if not talkative. She and Clover both seemed pretty reluctant to talk at the start, but maybe we'll catch something.

Have we seen anything other people have brought out of here in the past, or is it just the place people went to die?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, Schroedinger's Cat. I remember hearing about that in other routes but I guess it just got shared with us.

...though it would be kind of hilarious if you actually found it in different rooms on different routes.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how we're getting different facets of game theory explained to us in the different paths. Putting a hard "you die" or "you escape, everyone else dies" boundary on the ambidex game makes it more than a pure long-term or short-term maximization exercise.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, how the gently caress did Tenmyoji come to that particular conclusion?

And how is Alice not frozen solid right now, or is it water on opposite day where it freezes when it gets too hot, which is why she isn't wearing any clothes?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Luna does raise an interesting point, though - it's probably because of the bombs that everybody wants out.

...except the virally infected people.

...say, how do only two people get infected with a virus when they're all sharing the same atmosphere?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
This is interesting. I wonder if Alice is somehow morphogenetically opposite to us. Like, letting the people with 1 BP choose somehow screwed her over when it was her suggestion, so she doesn't want to do it again when someone else has 1 BP.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Have we been through this door before on other playhtroughs?

I'm wondering if a different path opens depending on who pulls the lever.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Minus Green posted:

Do you mean the red door, or the door opened by the lever? The Laboratory was through the red door, but through a different door from the one we opened.

The red door. I'm noting that all the doors in this stage seem to lead to a three-way fork, and there are three team members, so I'm wondering if there's some connection to who opens the door. Who opened the door to the laboratory?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, wait. I... hope we don't have to manipulate things to get everybody to the right rooms to assemble the safe contents into some device or other.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
At this point I have to put forth that there are actually multiple people trying to kill everybody. There's the bombs, there's Radical-6, and then there's the conventional grievous bodily harm.

Either that or one person who's all-out paranoiacally thorough.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So. If we do betray, worst-case scenario, we get to the elevator up with a couple of murderers.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I wonder how many "other players" there actually are.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I can't wait to see what bullshit awaits us now that we've got 9.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I, uh... I have to admit I don't really see why anything we learned here would stop Phi. I mean, if she's doing it in the first place because she remembers our betrayal, how is reminding her of it going to be constructive?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, I wonder how Phi's going to go from here.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Has there been any indicator of when those bombs will go off?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do wonder what the hell's up with that graffiti. Maybe it's some kind of anagram or acrostic or when you look at it under ultraviolet light only certain parts of it glow?

Also it seems like the endgame of this is going to be Sigma and/or Phi consciously passing information from one possible timeline to another, which is super boss.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god, the infection has spread. The world will never be the same.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, so Phi and Sigma are from an alternate future where the waveform collapsed and blew up the earth?

I mean, we've seen that explosion in flashes before.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...so, question. Did we actually go through the white door at any time previous? Is this going to be new territory?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. You know, after talking about being influenced by parallel timelines that's a really great way to follow things up.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of like this meta-setup. We're betraying someone just to see what happens because we need to see what happens, not that we can explain that to anybody.

Wonder if there'll be other little flashes now that we've unlocked Sigma's precognitive abilities. Probably not before plot locks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ha, and we don't even get anything out of it? That's pretty great.

• Locked thread