Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Clover and...a robot monk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Wild Knight posted:

Why can't we see Sigma in these shots? Is that important, or is that the game specifically taking every possible measure to anonymize Sigma, to the extent of not showing not only his face and his voice, but his model?

Sigma is the cameraman.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

King of Solomon posted:

I disagree, I think +/- 0 is appropriate for mutual betrayal. Consider that they are essentially in a race to 9 points. Losing points is the worst thing that can happen, and will kill you if you lose enough of them. Fail to escape, which is possible, and you are effectively dead. You aren't killed immediately like if you go below 0 points, but the number 9 door only opens once. Once it closes, escape is not possible. You will die in that facility.

But it's not really a race, at least, not initially it wasn't. When everyone had equal points, an ally-ally outcome would have meant that every single player could have accrued 6 points to their goal of 9, and then left simultaneously. Once points became unbalanced, however, that's obviously out the window, somewhat.

Of course, given that we're looking at a scenario where it's entirely likely that we have people who'd like nothing more than to see their companions dead, all of this 'perfect scenario' theorycrafting falls apart (as interesting as it is).

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zandar posted:

It's interesting that in 999, there was a constant sense of time pressure; they had to get through the entire thing in nine hours, and there was a lot of dialogue reinforcing how nervous they were about that. Here, the game seems set up to be almost the opposite, forcing everyone to wait for long periods with nothing to do. Zero III even said the game would go on for as long as was needed for someone to win, further removing any sense of urgency.

I suppose that the players could conceivably starve to death, if the game goes on for too long. There hasn't been any sign of actual food yet, and the booze in the bar doesn't count.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I'm just wondering, but what the hell are those things on Quark's hat?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I figured you'd end the update one screenshot later at the pan to the speaker, but that's good too.

SOMEbody never read Asimov.

Gaulems would be perfect dressed up as French Maids :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I see nobody got my (terrible) joke about Gaulem and French maids.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Dr. Stab posted:

I think the question is less "Which characters are robots" and more "Which characters aren't robots." :tinfoil:

Obviously K is the only human there. The suit is a form of camouflage.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

When I listen to G-OLM, all I can hear is Scott McNeil as Merrick from DoW2: Retribution.

I've got no evidence beyond that, though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

beru04 posted:

If you mean in the sense that it's old-timey, then I think that's how it's meant to be?

But I wanted to also talk about that gif. You could get stuck? Well log me down as someone who thinks we're getting another 'two 9 doors' scenario...

You "could be stuck," in that there's a chance you wouldn't make it through the door, based upon the rules of the game. There really isn't anything indicating another door.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

When Phi pointed out the crane, I initially thought "oh, the dead body was dropped from the ceiling, to cast suspicion on the unlucky person to 'own' that AB room."

Moving rooms entirely seems so simple in hindsight.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

No blood, but the bracelet's off. I call shenanigans or poison.

I think we might be seeing the first Death by Bracelet.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

TaxEvader posted:

It looks like there is a syringe gun thing in the bottom right of the last picture, so I guess it is poison or drug overdose.

That means it may even be suicide.

I completely missed that thing. All the gray on gray pretty much made it invisible.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

There are some other 'Named' GAULEMs in these lists, aside from G-OLM.

To list a few: O-TKU = Otaku
A-5KY = ASCII?
M-1K3 = Mike
K-1ND = Kind
P-RTY = Party

Looks like the devs had a little bit of fun with the list.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Guys, I think we're headed towards a Bad End. I just have this gut feeling.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Pyradox posted:

OK, why is Zero III hiding behind the pool table there? Did I miss something?

I see a steering wheel. It looks like one of those kiddy rides outside of a bowling alley that you can waste a buck on.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

There was a lot of speculation, but we were unable to find anything concrete.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

You get the key to K's suit, and you can't even open it. What a tease.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I knew from the moment the game described Tenmyoji's "slow, heavy plod" that he'd betrayed. Now to find out why! The guy must have a reason.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

How is K obvious? No-one, not even himself knows anything about him.

E: I r gud at page-count

Nobody knows anything about him, ergo there must be something there! It's simple! :v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I was reading this update on my phone, and I thought Quark had pulled a fingergun on the group. I thought he was a Gaulem until the scalpel became clearer in a later picture.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Crushing people's hopes is always fun. :allears:

Additionally, now I can post that image I have!

Nice animation! Those are some pretty beefy hits.

Also, let's ride this promise-train as far as it goes.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 21, 2013

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

We can vote however we want to because the game expects you to play to the end of each branching path, and has features designed to make this process easier.

Nobody needs to complain if the vote isn't going their way.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Oraculum Animi posted:

So I think the whole point of this game, like the first one, is to help fix something through time travel weirdness. We're meant to save Quark and have everyone escape safely with Dio tied up and revealed as some sort of horrible murderous person.

This game doesn't have time travel or morphic fields, as far as I can tell. The branching paths are just that: different possibilities, like a CYOA book. Going down each path and finding the right order of events as a player, not as a character, is the order of the day.

I voted ally because I wanted to see how big of a dick Dio really is.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

K is Dio in a robot-suit. Dio is a robot in a Dio-suit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

tiistai posted:

Just to get that out of my system:

Eh, not as funny as I'd hoped.

Link, the [Snack Hat] will store all kinds of useful items! Press [start] to open your [Snack Hat]!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Poland Spring posted:

oh HELL YES, things just got super interesting. MORPHIC FIELD POWERS, ACTIVATE!

I think you mean "everyone is a robot" powers.

Edit: Seriously, has everyone forgotten there's a whole warehouse full of clone robots?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

I know this trick! It's where you set up three bombs, label them 1, 3, 4, and once they disarm those three they'll keep looking for 2 even though it doesn't exist.

No, you have a hundred bombs, each labeled 1, 3, or 4. And then one that's blank.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Looking forward to Alice freezing solid at the most inopportune moment.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

That doesn't look like a healthy expression on Alice's face. I was not expecting this. And I'm waiting for someone together tossed into a treatment pod, because seriously, those things are screaming to be used.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Zoe posted:

So I guess Quark's ranting pretty much confirms that we're dealing with some kind of consciousness transferal thingy? Does the virus simply make you realize you're in the wrong body, or is there more too it?

I have theories but they're all ridiculous and mostly the result of a combination of a scene from Ever17 and rereading the Nier LP recently...

Having been delirious from a high fever before, I know that you can sometimes say some bizarre and alarming thing as your brain cooks in your skull.

Radical-6 :rock: is of course pretty much some sort of magic fantasy disease, so I wouldn't be surprised of anything.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Nidoking posted:

Would you like to re-evaluate this statement based on new evidence?

Nah, they're clearly all robots getting "memories" downloaded into their brains.

:v:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Morphogenetic choice: It doesn't matter what we pick. We can always go back and see the other option.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Holy poo poo. I can't wait for how this gets explained. Was Alice faking the whole unconscious thing?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Ometeotl posted:

Is there such a thing as Secret Agent Kindergarten, because I think even that might be a bit too advanced for Clover at the moment.

Go look up a cartoon named Bruno the Kid....

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

legendsuper posted:

By the way, isn't Radical-9 just like a reverse Gold Experience punch ?

Radical-6, and yes, it has been described as "sensory input on fast-forward."

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I remember when Scrappy Doo killed Flim-Flam, and everyone just sort of shrugged their shoulders and moved on to the next of the 13 Ghosts.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Feb 11, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

I voted for going with Alice again, because I usually like to try and complete as much of a given dialog tree/plot thread as possible when given the option in games.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Is it too late to post this? :v:

I don't even know how to respond to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Well, there is that whole "is someone a robot" question that's hanging out there.

• Locked thread