Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Oh man, I am so pumped for what I assume is coming up soon, which is a ridiculous, unbelievable psuedo-scientific rant about magic ice or telekinetic fields or something. A long, crazy one, with full voice acting. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

It seems to me like there's very little motivation here for anyone to be a total dick to anyone else in this game. Assuming there are at least three sets of three chromatic doors, everyone succeeds in their puzzle rooms, and everyone keeps allying consistently, everyone would get to go from 3 BP, to 5, to 7, to 9, and then all leave together without anyone getting hurt. Of course, fear and pressure will get the best of anyone and make them make poor decisions, but it seems like everyone should realize early on that everyone can make it out alive, unlike in 999, when everyone makes an assumption that only one group can survive. Hell, there doesn't even seem to be a 9 hour time limit.

Of course, there's no rule saying there really are three sets of three chromatic doors... or that there are enough AB room keycards to pull this off.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

tiistai posted:

The game itself practically encourages cooperation, sure, but don't ignore that we've got 9 people with varying intelligence and unknown personal motivations, and at least one of them is said to be Zero themselves.

I'm very suspicious of this claim, this time. Seems likely to me that Zero is someone outside the 9 players, and Zero is lying about this to cause the players to have suspicions about each other, and maybe to throw them off her scent.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

RoeCocoa posted:

THE THRONE IS MINE, MOTION FINAL THEME TUNE.

So we're being told to Watch the Throne?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Welp, I broke down and bought this on 3DS, too. Excellent work, Fedule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I can't really put my finger on why, but I really liked 999 more. Something about it felt more personal and intimate. Maybe because it just felt a lot more like a horror game?

It had more urgency and fear to it. The ticking clock elements, the very early death.

• Locked thread