Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...Okay, Clover, what the HELL happened to your outfit? You are not Yoko from Gurren Laggen, stop it.

And I know we had this discussion in the 999 thread, but can we assume that Alice is the mummy from the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Well, that's one way to get everyone at each other's throats early. Put a first one with 9 can ditch everyone else clause in.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Gonna vote for Alice. Gotta know what's up with the mummy.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Those lines make me wish Sigma was voiced so badly. I can already hear Troy Baker's voice in my head when I read those lines.

Also it's nice to see our protagonist actually have a bit of a backbone after dealing with Junpei for an entire game.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Really, this has been what all the "wink wink nudge nudge Luna's the best character" has been about?

She's nowhere near as obnoxious as June, but still. Kinda boring really.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So the inevitable question becomes which of the cast members is secretly a robot.

My bet's on Phi. She had to know who Sigma was somehow. :tinfoil:

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, it's just Sigma, Phi, Dio, and K left at this point. Oh geez. Is it safe to say that they're all screwed at this point? If I were those two, I'd grab Quark's bracelet and use it to get the hell out of here before I end up dead.

...Actually, the fact that his bracelet is still there should be really worrying. If the murderer just wanted to escape, he'd have taken the 9 point bracelet with him.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I love Dio in these scenes, and I don't know why. ...It's going to turn out that Dio was telling the truth about Quark in the first vote, isn't it?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Welp, voted Ally out of the simple fact that I'm not killing a kid, and some vague hopes that Dio wasn't a total monster. Oh well. Now that we're dead (and hopefully taking Dio with us, somehow.) I think our next plan should be to go back to start and go with Alice, allying with her. Since we've seen that Ten will betray anyone except Quark, that lets him neutralize K and Clover, leaving all of them at 3 BP, lets us Ally to put that group at 5, and leaving us with just Luna at death's door. Maybe that gives us a lot better chance to work something out, seeing as we can just lock betray on Dio for the end of time.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I think we should go ahead with Alice. Probably our best bet for preventing things from imploding if we ally with her. We know Ten will betray anyone but Quark, so that leaves him, K, and Clover at 3. Luna's still going to get stabbed by Dio, and we'll have the rest of us at 5. So only two escapes to worry about and one death on the line.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
In the meta sense, Ally still makes more sense when we look at the other routes. We know Ten's going to backstab anyone but Quark, and K and Clover have betrayed both times, leaving them all stuck at 3. Luna's gonna get screwed over by Dio, but if we ally with Alice, that at least leaves us with only one person at 1BP and a lot less risk of murder.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
have we stumbled into bizarro land? I just don't get what is going on with the characters anymore, what the hell.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx

Nidoking posted:

Quark IS an elementary school. His body is inhabited by the youngest members of a race of tiny beings that learn basic principles of life and academics by controlling parts of his anatomy. The so-called Radical-6 infection was just class 5-C getting a little out of control after missing naptime and trying to drive a scalpel into the heart of classroom 5-B, thus ending the years-long rivalry between the two classes.

So what you're saying is that this is all Miss Frizzle's fault somehow?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay, here's what our last few minutes are going to be spent doing. Killing Alice.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
OH COME ON, VLR. That is just cheating. She literally allies in every first round except the one where you ally with her. What. Just. What?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh, come on, Phi is totally going to betray us and get the gently caress out of here.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ahahaha, I loving knew it. All that rhetoric about being nice and having to work together, of course she'd stab us in the back the moment she can get out.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I am so loving confused right now.

Watch, if we betray Phi, she'll have allied and we'll get a bad end when she murders us because we're trying to escape.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Okay did Clover just hit her head or something between 999 and VLR?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
...Clover hit her head hard sometime between 999 and VLR, right? That's got to be the explanation, because dear god, she has gotten stupid in this game.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Welp. This just happened. Again.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Clover is probably going to put an axe in our heads anyways, so let's betray, sure why not.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So, odds that this ends with Clover sticking an axe in us?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So out of curiosity, what's the alternate text if you betray the old man before picking ally?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
gently caress that walking enigma of an old man, gently caress that demon child, and gently caress Clover for being the worst spy ever.

Besides if we vote Ally, Quark's gonna somehow betray and escape.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Oh, don't worry, I'm sure things are going to start to get bloody once we go looking for Quark and Sigma is just going to wish he had hit Betray.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Obviously the next thing we do is go back and punch Dio in his smug face. Also at least Seven's okay. Probably.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
And this is why you take the win.

(Prediction: Alice was stupid enough to ally in this path, dies, Clover goes nuts and axes everyone.)

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ahahahahaha, they'll loving trust K and someone as hysterically incompetent as Clover, but Sigma? No, he'll never come back for us. They're listening to DIO.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm partial to Magenta/Ally/Blue because we haven't had any time with K yet.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
I'm pretty sure death would be better than whatever Clover has in store if we're really that loving stupid.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
CLOVER! :doom:

...So, thanks for not telling us who Zero Sr. is, Junpei. Very rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
CLOVER! :doom:

• Locked thread