Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Endorph posted:

Like I said, I think his VA was on-and-off. He definitely had VA in the more pivotal combat scenes in Heaven's Feel.

EDIT: Let's Play Virtue's Last Reward - a Noriaki Sugiyama discussion thread.

All of Shiro's lines are voiced with the voice patch except for the 18+ scenes, where no one was voiced anyway because the voice files are taken from the console port. In its original release for the PC, Fate/stay night didn't have voice acting at all.

Keep in mind that this isn't a new thing for the Infinity games, which VLR is a spiritual successor of. Neither Takashi or the Kid in Ever17 were voiced in their own routes, although (Ever17 spoilers) this is sort of a plot element in and of itself.

jonjonaug fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Magenta

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

DaveWoo posted:

Basically, I think we all agree that from a utilitarian, pragmatic point of view, the optimal strategy is just to always Ally. That way, everyone gets out in three rounds, no muss, no fuss.

Of course, knowing that's the case, what do you think the odds are that somebody's going to pick "Betray" at some point? :v:

Roughly 100%, I would wager.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

kvltmanifesto posted:

Yeah, I found it pretty distracting when I played through. But apparently it's just standard practice for visual novels. I'm pretty sure most of them are the same way.

Cake Attack posted:

It's another one of those VN conventions meant so that the main character can be more of a cypher for the player. Just like the lack of voice acting for Sigma.

You guys should keep in mind that the Zero Escape series is basically a spiritual successor to the Infinity series (its head writer was one of the main writers for those games and 999 reused a ton of plot twists and setting elements from those games). The Infinity games really loved messing with your expectations by having standard visual novel devices actually be hiding or foreshadowing major plot twists. The whole "you can't see the protagonist because this is a visual novel" thing was played with extensively in Ever17 to great effect where for about half the game you're not even who you think you are and another character is actually who you think you are pretending to be the character who is the player perspective in the other half of the game. Usually if there's some unnecessary convention being followed, it is because the game is screwing with you (like the "large box for narration, small box for character dialogue" format in 999 actually having Akane's perspective on events the entire time).

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
God I love Dio's rear end in a top hat antics. :allears:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Vil posted:

Dammit Fedule, every cliffhanger you post makes me want to go get the game.

Then go get it. Visual novel LPs are nearly piracy to begin with, you should buy the game if you're enjoying it.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Man I love the routes on the rightmost third of the flowchart. :allears:

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Voting Betray because come on guys, we gotta betray first for at least one of these.

Also I like staying on Phi's good side.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I chose Betray the first time I played this game and I'm voting for it now because hey if it's a bad end we can just reload and pick the other choice, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Manoueverable posted:

Having played through the game and as someone who loves the series, I'd say just stick with the LP as I really like the way Fedule's going through the game and for reasons unrelated to the game itself

Why are you telling someone "wait no don't buy the game, wait for the LP!"?

Visual novel LPs are practically piracy anyway. Making it good enough that people go out and buy the game themselves should be the intended goal here.

• Locked thread