Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
I get that they're going for some kind of not-quite-silent-protagonist/you are the protagonist sort of thing with Sigma, but dammit, I will not forgive the fact that deciding to make him voiceless in-game meant we ended up with one less Troy Baker role in the world. :colbert:

In all seriousness, I am so ready for this after 999 had me :f5:ing all the way through the climax, and I'll...third? fourth? fifth, the love for Zero III's voice so far. I'm not going to say they've taken cues from Monobear, but after the last game it is extremely jarring but amazing to see the mastermind being so...cheery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
That may be less VLR and more Fedule.

Fedule rivals Geop for his love of pun-gent humor.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
What's so weird about the idea that Alice was gassed and abducted just like everyone else for a new Nonary Game a year after 999? Let's try a little Occam's Razor here.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Putting my bets on Nijisaki. Because morphogenetic fields. Somehow. :colbert:

In all seriousness, I'm not going to speculate anything because I'm terrible at that sort of thing, but I will submit that I really like Travis Willingham's reads here. He just sounds like the chillest creepy armor dude...and I have to admit, he sounds pretty much exactly how I imagined Snake would sound.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
If 999 proved anything it's that everything is so much greater when you build up to the crazy instead of just starting with it.

My guess is that Luna/magenta will be the best way to ease us into the crazy.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Maybe if that's still the case at a predetermined time, you should do a tiebreaker so that the poll doesn't remain open awkwardly long...

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Egregious Dot Moving Segments: Lettuce Play Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

I think we might need a gif or something of this process considering how many people are complaining about it.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Judging from the last bit of K/Clover and Alice's conversation, I would have been much more interested to hear their argument than Dio/Quark and Tenmyouji's.

Dio is being an incredibly transparent conman, which means that it seems way too obvious for a game in the same series as 999 and the same developer as Dangan Ronpa, which means that maybe there's a bit of truth to his accusations, which means that maybe that's exactly what the writer is expecting of us which means--

--...eh, I don't know. I guess we'll see!

...Also, something's that's bugging me:

Why can't we see Sigma in these shots? Is that important, or is that the game specifically taking every possible measure to anonymize Sigma, to the extent of not showing not only his face and his voice, but his model?

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 5, 2013

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Even to the extent of not including them in group shots, huh?

So no water with the theory that Sigma is actually some sort of tangible ghost and is occasionally sneaking away from the group to give us, the player, these cinematic group shots.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
I'm still working my way very slowly through the game (MGR Revengeance arrived via Gamefly around the same time), but I can say it was the best way I could've spent the free $30 I got from registering SMT4 and Fire Emblem.

I'm trying to get my way through this path before we reach the end so I can start getting to the new stuff, but I get the feeling Fedule is going to finish it off before I get there.

Also I'm slow at video games, which is weird because this is a visual novel how can you be slow at a visual novel.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, you can ally with Luna, see the next scene, say "what would happen if I betrayed" and hop over to check it before going back to continue the ally path.

...Motherfucker. That's how Phi knows everything, isn't it? She's just playing Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward within Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.

It's VLRception. Vlirception. Valirception? I don't know how to pronounce it.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
Wait, is DR Vita out? Jeez, and I thought I was going to be able to avoid picking up a Vita anytime soon...

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
"Oh my god, K kept his word. Phew."

"Oh my god, Clover decided to be a decent person."

"Surely Phi won't--"

"PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :argh:"

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
BOOM, random speculation!

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
What. What are you. What are you doing.

No, stop. Stop, Sigma. Stop, please. :staredog:

(Weirdly, I'm pretty sure I played this room on easy mode and got stuck on this puzzle, as I always do with the sliding puzzles, and I don't remember that at all. Maybe I blocked it from my memory :tinfoil:)

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

[he says, running away]
The ending is pretty lame in how quickly it proceeds to Rocks Fall Everyone Dies, but for me it was the second ending I got after Dio, and it was late at night, so I still didn't really have the best of ideas what was going on and it was 1 in the morning. Didn't sleep at all. I think I ended up playing something like Lego City at 4 in the morning just so I could fill my mind with goofy Lego people instead of everyone dead in a bloody suicide pile. :shepicide:

• Locked thread