Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well this ought to be an interesting ride. VLR is loving fantastic, and if you're reading along, you owe it to yourself to listen to the English voices anytime Zero III appears. Cindy Robinson is having the goddamn time of her life playing a psychotic little rabbit, and it is amazing. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Sundowner posted:

drat, I don't know much about these games or games like it but at face value it seems like it'd have maybe 5-10 hours content tops mostly because the format would begin to feel a little tedious or repetitive for me. That said, I'm thoroughly enjoying the LP so far and that Easy Mode dialog is great.

Yeah, no. My 100% save has something like 25-30 hours on it. This is not a short game by any stretch of the imagination, and you can fit a whole lot more words in a minute than you can actual gameplay.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I definitely don't remember that being in 999, but it has been a while for me. I'd love to see where it is if you can find it though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Go through the yellow door.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

People complain about the doors and the dot moving around, but for me the worst is

SIGGY

PHIIIIDOOOO

On repeat playthroughs, you can never skip it :suicide:

Why would you ever want to skip that? :confused: That's probably my single favorite line of dialogue in the game. :allears:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Awful Betamax works, but the heavier a given update is on the gifs, the more likely it is to crash, I've found.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I never got the optional solution to this one. I actually ended up just brute forcing the drat thing and worked out other five letter words once I knew what every letter was. :saddowns:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Aumanor posted:

What happens if we decide to screw over the others and choose Quark? If it's possible at all this would be the best option.

Choosing Quark means that both Alice and Phi get put against someone that they've said they don't want to pair with. That strikes me as something the others aren't going to go along with, protagonist powers be damned.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Putnopvut posted:

Conversely, if we had been plot-locked on this path initially, do we ever get explicitly told that we've seen what we need to see to get past the plot-lock? Or do we have to periodically reload from this point to see if we have what we need to progress?

You're not told what you need to pass it, but any plot locks you can break turn green on the flowchart.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

vaguely posted:

It's kind of ridiculous how much more intense the thread's hatred is of Alice than it ever was when Dio was the rear end in a top hat of the moment.

Having beaten the game, I don't really like either of them, but Dio is always incredibly upfront about who he is. He's an rear end in a top hat who is going to be an rear end in a top hat and he's going to do it to your face because gently caress you, he's an rear end in a top hat. Alice is mostly the same way, but she's a lot more passive-aggressive about it and it's a lot more irritating to watch her antics because if you ally you're an idiot, if you betray you're an rear end in a top hat even when you would die by not betraying because gently caress you Alice always "wins". I certainly wouldn't go as far as some posters have, but she's definitely my least favorite character in the game.

Cake Attack posted:

Dio's voiced by ~Liam O'Brian~ though :allears:

I can't bring myself to hate him.

Although let's be honest, this is the real reason. :allears:

Artix fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 11, 2014

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Nagna Zul posted:

I'm still checking this thread every day, but things are looking grim given how Fedule has shown no signs of life in the past two weeks.

You have an odd definition of "grim", given that he's been posting a fair amount in the FF general thread and recording stuff with me.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

mateo360 posted:

Don't worry, you'll get there in about, 400 AF and then you won't be singing the same tune

Don't you dare remind me. :suicide:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
In the ~40 days since the last update, we recorded (among other things) the entirety of Chapters 12 and 13 of FF13. There is a reason that you haven't seen an update and spoilers, it's not because Fedule hasn't been around. :ssh:

it's because he's a lazy gently caress

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Heavy neutrino posted:

Which is to say, perhaps six months.

Six months seems a little generous, don't you think? Gonna say closer to eight or nine myself.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Blinus posted:

I wonder if Fedule waits for new pages to begin so that his huge long posts don't have 2 or more spots on a single page.

I'm sure it's more likely that the next part just isn't done, but I know some LPers do it that way.

Wasn't there an update a few weeks ago? You're still ahead of schedule to be complaining and management doesn't care.

E: It sounds like I'm joking but I'm really not, I asked him about it when we were setting up a time to record LR and his response was "It was slow before, and it's slow now. Nothing has changed."

Artix fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Apr 8, 2016

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
3DS version is prone to crashing if you save in a couple rooms (which can destroy your save entirely if you're not careful) and only has one save slot compared to the Vita's three, but plays a bit better due to the dual-screen interface and being able to see the puzzle and your notes at the same time.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Life, it turns out, just isn't fair sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Only two months? Please. Leave this to the pros, Fedule had to pull this thread out of archives. :v:

• Locked thread