Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Alice's outfit is the worst part of the game. That thing is ridiculous.

Count me in as someone who is loving this Easy mode dialogue they missed out on by playing Hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Sigma not being voiced really stuck out to me at the beginning of the game, but I got used to it really fast and didn't notice it after 5-10 minutes.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I'm always vaguely surprised when someone says they they don't want to get a 3DS for 'just one game'. Maybe I pay attention to the gaming sphere more than the average person, but there's around 10 really good games out for the 3DS right now. I also see people say the same thing about the 360/PS3 in other LPs, which is way more confusing considering the sheer volume of great-to-amazing games out for those consoles. Lack of money is one thing, but implying that there isn't anything to buy for those system is another.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

It's rare that a video game and myself are in sync as much as I was with this little moment right here. loving Alice.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Even coming from 999 and its weirdness, this scene really got to me. People may not like her, but Alice sure has a lot of mindblowing scenes attached to her!

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
We haven't seen the whole game so I won't discuss this too much, but I feel like VLR's sci-fi elements were handled significantly better than 999's were. 999 didn't so much set them up as 'talk about it randomly and hope the the player is okay with the entire ending being based off of it'.

In comparison, VLR does a much better job setting it up, defines it better, utilizes it better, and plays your expectations better. I think some people here are being judgemental over the game's use of the sci-fi stuff based on what they saw happen in 999, when a person actually playing the game wouldn't have to wait between updates to see what was going on.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
I love this part. I think it works better overall if you Betray first, but either way you're gonna have an interesting time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

So I guess what I'm saying is, what some people seem to interpret as the game dicking you over, others experience as exciting and interesting.

I think the LP format is the cause of that more than anything. The current situation, for example, is meant to be something experienced immediately and continuously. Questions will be raised, then addressed. The LP format means that questions will be raised, and then addressed whenever Fedule can update again. Certain things aren't intended by the story flow to be mulled over for long periods of time. There's really no way to fix this, either.

• Locked thread